Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The folks at Sony have released a brand new video detailing the new features and enhancements in MLB 14 The Show on PlayStation 4. Here are some highlights from the video:
  • Player lock is done before a game in the lineup screen in exhibition and before you start your season in season based mode.
  • Manager mode and sportscast manager modes are in the game as well.
  • Manage mode in season based modes allows you to select pitch strategies for each at-bat: pitch around, pitch aggressive, low, high, inside, outside, high and in, high and away, low and in, low and away.
  • Offensively you can have batters take the pitch, do a hit and run, sacrifice bunt, bunt for hit, and pinch hit.
  • In Sportscast Manager, you can manage the game before jumping in later in the action. Quick counts and player lock are both available when jumping into a game.
  • The new information bar at the bottom shows info from your franchise mode or real MLB games, depending on what mode you are in.
All in all the video didn't reveal much that was new, but offers plenty of glimpses at the gameplay coming our way in a week! What did you think of the video?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 bamabound2010 @ 04/29/14 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley3
How do you watch it on YouTube on the PS4 I tried doing that but It requires adobe flash player?? Help lol

YouTube.com/tv

# 82 eaw913 @ 04/29/14 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
The management options look fantastic, I only wish there was a Dugout View to really immerse yourself fin the MLB manager experience.
There is. You have several camera options during manage only mode and one is the dugout.

# 83 Turbojugend @ 04/29/14 12:16 PM
Awesome, I did not know this. Thanks!

# 84 Chikiboy @ 04/29/14 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
If you have been to AT&T Park, then you know that the sky transition isn't accurate (in that the sun doesn't fall behind any outfield areas to yield "yellow sunset syndrome).

I have been to AT&T Park on several occasions, dating back to when it used to be Pac Bell Park.

I just happen to disagree with you. I think the transitions shown thus far look pretty accurate. I know some guys on here disagreed on the look and accuracy for transitions at Dodger Stadium. To me, I thought those looked pretty accurate as well.

Ballparks are going to have different looking transitions based on several factors. I've been to games at Fenway in midsummer when the sky turns an absolute pink. If I don't see the same behavior in the game, doesn't mean I will think it is inaccurate.

# 85 manny7788 @ 04/29/14 04:51 PM
So sexy!!

# 86 vegasmike @ 04/29/14 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
Maybe the standings are like that at Fenway for exhibition games, but update during the season modes.
kindof how the ivy at Wrigley stays green for exhibition games? it would be cool if the ivy was brown in apr. turning fuller as the months pass by then go back to dormant during the months you play your games in?

# 87 ChadNikk @ 04/29/14 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny7788
So sexy!!

Agreed man! I am not even an O's fan and I replayed this five second segment over and over. Looks beautiful.

# 88 nevadaO @ 04/29/14 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny7788
So sexy!!

Bought a PS3 just for this game years ago and did the same thing with the PS4. Absolutely love it.

As an Orioles fan, however, I'm a bit baffled how they got the warehouse lettering wrong (it's A behind CF scoreboard and goes to B and C moving towards RF, not the other way around as they have it).

It may sound minor to some, but like Grub I'm a stadium fanatic.

# 89 Blzer @ 04/29/14 11:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikiboy
I have been to AT&T Park on several occasions, dating back to when it used to be Pac Bell Park.

I just happen to disagree with you. I think the transitions shown thus far look pretty accurate. I know some guys on here disagreed on the look and accuracy for transitions at Dodger Stadium. To me, I thought those looked pretty accurate as well.
Considering I'm specifically talking about AT&T Park (and oh yeah, I've been there over fifty times and watch every home game... watching it right now by the way), knowing that the sun falls behind the third base side means if you're going to observe yellow in the sky, it won't be over fair territory. That's simply matter of fact.

It doesn't look accurate. I enjoy that the sky gets darker as it goes, but as far as reconstructing this for next-gen, I really do implore them to reconsider their efforts. I know people are going gaga over them, but that's not what AT&T Park looks like when the sun sets. Period.

Note that I'm not talking about cloud coverages changing the sky up and such. I'm simply talking about where the sun sets and where yellow should be yellow/blue should be blue. They can do so much more that we could be more impressed by in future iterations. I'm hoping for that much.

# 90 My993C2 @ 04/30/14 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend
The management options look fantastic, I only wish there was a Dugout View to really immerse yourself fin the MLB manager experience.
I am an avid MoM Dugout view user on the PS3 (seriously contemplating upgrading to the PS4 console next week) and one of the biggest things I like about the MoM Dugout view is that the view does not change when the batter hits the ball. You watch the entire play from the dugout. It's as if the "Fielding Camera" setting is ignored when you select the "Pitcher Camera" setting to Dugout. All this talk where people say they are unhappy that the Homerun cameras in MLB 14 can not be turned off, do not apply to the MoM Dugout view (at least with the PS3 version). When a big fly is hit, you watch the entire play from the dugout. There are no cut scenes.

However with all that said, watching the pitch locations is not optimal from the dugout. If you really need to know where the pitch was located, there are better views. Six of one, half a dozen of the other. But I am a MoM Dugout view convert.

# 91 BSUFAN @ 05/01/14 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
I don't if anybody else has felt this way,but I have a ps3 and ps4 and have road to the show for my ps3 ,but they game looks great as always,but I've just really not got into playing it a lot. I've started a franchise and have only played six games so far. I think it's,because I know the ps4 version is coming out and I am really looking forward to playing that version,I don't know if that makes sence or not. I guess I'm hoping the ps4 version is going to be mind blowing and not a disappointment. There just hasn't been a whole lot of actual game play footage of the game. Can't wait till Tuesday!
PS4 gameplay videos, make sure you use the highest HD setting on youtube.
http://youtu.be/KAkp244toNI
http://youtu.be/YC0tt_MjJno

# 92 Chikiboy @ 05/02/14 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Considering I'm specifically talking about AT&T Park (and oh yeah, I've been there over fifty times and watch every home game... watching it right now by the way), knowing that the sun falls behind the third base side means if you're going to observe yellow in the sky, it won't be over fair territory. That's simply matter of fact.

It doesn't look accurate. I enjoy that the sky gets darker as it goes, but as far as reconstructing this for next-gen, I really do implore them to reconsider their efforts. I know people are going gaga over them, but that's not what AT&T Park looks like when the sun sets. Period.

Note that I'm not talking about cloud coverages changing the sky up and such. I'm simply talking about where the sun sets and where yellow should be yellow/blue should be blue. They can do so much more that we could be more impressed by in future iterations. I'm hoping for that much.

Like I mentioned, I'm not looking at this from a "technical" standpoint. If you wanted to go through the transitions at each ballpark from a technical sense, I'm sure you can find many inaccuracies.

But my expectations of a sports video game has much less to do with the technical aspects of these type of factors and has to do more with the look and feel in a general sense.

If that's important to you, nothing wrong with that.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.