Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The folks at Sony have released a brand new video detailing the new features and enhancements in MLB 14 The Show on PlayStation 4. Here are some highlights from the video:
  • Player lock is done before a game in the lineup screen in exhibition and before you start your season in season based mode.
  • Manager mode and sportscast manager modes are in the game as well.
  • Manage mode in season based modes allows you to select pitch strategies for each at-bat: pitch around, pitch aggressive, low, high, inside, outside, high and in, high and away, low and in, low and away.
  • Offensively you can have batters take the pitch, do a hit and run, sacrifice bunt, bunt for hit, and pinch hit.
  • In Sportscast Manager, you can manage the game before jumping in later in the action. Quick counts and player lock are both available when jumping into a game.
  • The new information bar at the bottom shows info from your franchise mode or real MLB games, depending on what mode you are in.
All in all the video didn't reveal much that was new, but offers plenty of glimpses at the gameplay coming our way in a week! What did you think of the video?

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 04/28/14 10:28 AM
Didn't know about locking onto a player for the entire season - I thought you could only do that on the lineup screens before the game.

Pretty much all stuff we already knew (especially those of us with the PS3 version), but I'll always accept more eye candy. One week!

# 2 seasprite @ 04/28/14 10:29 AM
One reason to not detest Mondays

# 3 BSUFAN @ 04/28/14 10:31 AM
Wow, the stadium shots are beautiful and just awesome, hurry hurry Tuesday !!!

# 4 HustlinOwl @ 04/28/14 10:31 AM
Still awaiting some stadium intros

# 5 smiley3 @ 04/28/14 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Still awaiting some stadium intros

Hopefully they didn't take it out last minute

# 6 Flaxseed Oil @ 04/28/14 10:33 AM
Looks great. I have been wanting to do player lock but I cant figure out how to do it from the lineup screen on PS3. Anyone tried it?

# 7 bcruise @ 04/28/14 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaxseed Oil
Looks great. I have been wanting to do player lock but I cant figure out how to do it from the lineup screen on PS3. Anyone tried it?
From the normal lineup screen, you press start - you'll be given the same confirmation window you saw in the video. You can also set it in the pre-game lineup screen (or during the game in the subs menu) with R2.

Just tried it out now that I know about it, and it works the same on PS3.

# 8 Jasong7777 @ 04/28/14 10:37 AM
Game is so beautiful!!!

# 9 PsychoBulk @ 04/28/14 10:58 AM
My my my - every new video looks even better.

Guys, make sure you force YouTube into 1080 and run fullscreen, game looks INCREDIBLE.

Just look at this, stunning, i cant get over the crowds now, so many more polygons, so much better than PS3 in terms of realism, the crowd in this shot on the left, so much team colour (orange in this case) just looks fantastic.

The wait is getting painful now

p.s. hover over pic to click and get full size image

# 10 aparks87 @ 04/28/14 11:01 AM
Wow. Stunning! Busch Stadium still looks too dark during night games...but nonetheless looked awesome.

# 11 DanH35 @ 04/28/14 11:02 AM
I don't play manage only mode, but the view they showed in the video for it makes the game look gorgeous.

Also, is that a pull-over jersey that Jay is wearing at the 3:55 mark? I didn't see any buttons going down the middle.

# 12 PsychoBulk @ 04/28/14 11:04 AM
This looks to me like a possible end of fly in shot?

Anyway, who knows...b...e...a...utiful.

# 13 tnixen @ 04/28/14 11:07 AM
The PS4 version has so much eye candy it's not even funny!!

However the Division Standings on the Green Monster at Fenway seem to be the same in every video and screenshot we have seen. So I guess that means it still will not update in real time again. Hopefully Sony can get it working in MLB 15 the Show. Anyway I am blown away on how good the PS4 is looking. I know for my first 15 or so games I play it's going to be hard to concentrate because of how amazing it looks. This is only year one so just imagine what MLB 15 The Show is gong to be like

# 14 bcruise @ 04/28/14 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
I don't play manage only mode, but the view they showed in the video for it makes the game look gorgeous.

Also, is that a pull-over jersey that Jay is wearing at the 3:55 mark? I didn't see any buttons going down the middle.
Yeah, that camera is exclusive to MoM, along with a few others - one from the dugout, one from CF, and one from the press box. It's easier to appreciate the look of the game from those angles when you're not controlling the action.

# 15 eaw913 @ 04/28/14 11:10 AM
The manage mode shot of Petco at 1:36 is mind blowing. The city looks ridiculously realistic.

# 16 RyanLaFalce @ 04/28/14 11:12 AM
YouTube sucks. I wish they would upload an uncompressed, unzipped video somewhere else so we can really see how good it is

# 17 seasprite @ 04/28/14 11:12 AM
I'm blown away honestly

# 18 DanH35 @ 04/28/14 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
However the Division Standings on the Green Monster at Fenway seem to be the same in every video and screenshot we have seen. So I guess that means it still will not update in real time again.
Maybe the standings are like that at Fenway for exhibition games, but update during the season modes.

# 19 tnixen @ 04/28/14 11:16 AM
I'm I understanding Russell correctly?

When playing exhibition games we will now be able to see the bottom score ticker showing real life MLB scores and news from around the league?

I always wanted to be able to do that so I hope it's true.

# 20 BSUFAN @ 04/28/14 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
The PS4 version has so much eye candy it's not even funny!!

However the Division Standings on the Green Monster at Fenway seem to be the same in every video and screenshot we have seen. So I guess that means it still will not update in real time again. Hopefully Sony can get it working in MLB 15 the Show. Anyway I am blown away on how good the PS4 is looking. I know for my first 15 or so games I play it's going to be hard to concentrate because of how amazing it looks. This is only year one so just imagine what MLB 15 The Show is gong to be like
Maybe we shouldn't jump to any conclusions until we see the game next week.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.