Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

After the Madden NFL 15 cover vote and the first official trailer were revealed, some more details about the game came from an official EA Sports Madden NFL 15 blog, GameStop and Amazon. It's not a lot of details, but at least it's something to talk about. Let us know what you think!

Madden NFL 15 Blog

Quote:
Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game.

Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

GameStop

Quote:
Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history. With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game. Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals. Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20
  • Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history;
  • With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game;
  • Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals;
  • Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 kehlis @ 04/29/14 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
No, I do not know for sure, and I hope that that info was wrong. I hope exclusivity in this case is dead, but if it were not - I think any company arriving at a licensing deal with he NFL would have bragged about that already.

EA gets tons of bad press for the exclusive deal - so I am not entirely certain they would want to bring attention to something that many people (even Madden fans) see as a bad thing...

I mean non-gamer sites have ripped the NFL and EA for the exclusive deal, so...
I hate it as well but stating this as fact when it isn't is in pretty poor taste and is actually against the TOS here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
Madden is still exclusive - in so far as the consoles.

# 42 Trick13 @ 04/29/14 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I hate it as well but stating this as fact when it isn't is in pretty poor taste and is actually against the TOS here:

I did not "make it up" if that's what is being implied. I did not realize that sharing info, that I believe to be credible, without a link was going to start a firestorm.

Like I said previously, I thought the source was credible - did not realize that this was not confirmed and common knowledge...

# 43 NicVirtue @ 04/29/14 02:16 AM
Still guilty until proven innocent to me. Arms crossed until I actually see the game in action. Automatic no buy until proven worthy.

# 44 rich7sena @ 04/29/14 03:12 AM
Pretty excited about defensive player lock camera (if it's like NCAA/Backbreaker) as it's something that I've wanted in Madden for a while now. In my opinion, that camera feels much more natural and should be default for online play (obviously not for local). I'm also excited on the emphasis on defense as a whole in Madden. Offense has always had a distinct advantage in the game.

That said, I will remain cautiously optimistic. I didn't buy the last two iterations, but I think EA has the right personnel to turn the franchise in the right direction. I know some don't want to hear this, but we have come a long what in a short time. With fan pressure, we've seen an improvement in presentation (NFL films cams, fly-overs, etc.), the introduction of real-time physics, and connected careers. I think as things begin to be more fine tuned, we'll get closer and closer to the experience we've all demanded to years now.

# 45 rkocjay @ 04/29/14 06:11 AM
only thing that stands out is the player lock

# 46 TreyIM2 @ 04/29/14 06:41 AM
Was hoping to hear about a vastly improved animation system but oh well...

# 47 DKHardee @ 04/29/14 07:16 AM
Hopefully MNF, TNF, and SNF have their own presentations. I'd like them to have their own commentators but I know that's a stretch.

# 48 Aggies7 @ 04/29/14 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkocjay
only thing that stands out is the player lock

As long as it's the Defensive Player lock.

# 49 NDAlum @ 04/29/14 08:02 AM
Will online CFM games even have the presentation? My money is on NO and therefore I won't see any of the stuff anyways.

# 50 johnprestonevans @ 04/29/14 08:34 AM
Could this FINALLY be the Presentation Upgrade that will bring Madden back to the forefront of sport gaming? Will this be the Halftime Show to shut the mouths of Chris Berman's 2K5 masterpiece admirers? (Myself included). I want highlights from other games, game breaks, dynamic in-game commentary on other games taking place, and camera angles that make me look twice to make sure im not watching a real NFL broadcast. Excited for the first time in 3 years about Madden. I'll believe it when i see it.

# 51 Eman5805 @ 04/29/14 08:36 AM
New camera angles is almost insulting. Tilt the camera a degree in any directions and it's new. But whatever. It's a bullet point. Not a sticking point.

Someone nailed it. Player movement has been my deal breaker since 06. I need more than a CGI Kuechly to get me back on the wagon.

# 52 TreyIM2 @ 04/29/14 08:53 AM
Was hoping to hear about a vastly improved animation system but oh well. Improved defense sounds good. New presentation is cool. Dynamic pregame and half-time shows sound nice but what happened to post game? Lol. Don't care for using others to help with my play calling. Only used Ask Madden once just to see what the hell the CPU would pull up as choices in a situation to see what it was about but not to use in my gameplay.

Oh, improved graphics should be status quo but good to hear and I see the player model improvement in the trailer, if that is actually in-game.

# 53 STLRams @ 04/29/14 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
Could this FINALLY be the Presentation Upgrade that will bring Madden back to the forefront of sport gaming? Will this be the Halftime Show to shut the mouths of Chris Berman's 2K5 masterpiece admirers? (Myself included). I want highlights from other games, game breaks, dynamic in-game commentary on other games taking place, and camera angles that make me look twice to make sure im not watching a real NFL broadcast. Excited for the first time in 3 years about Madden. I'll believe it when i see it.

(Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows) I want Madden 15 to shut me up about NFL 2K5 presentation. Does this mean we will finally get real highlights with commentary breaking down the action during halftime. Will we finally get to see highlights from other games going on around the league during season/franchise mode, or possibly highlights of other games going on around the league if we play the game on Sunday's (NFLToday). Lord knows I been posting on here to the devs for over 9 years asking for it.....

# 54 csamuelsvt @ 04/29/14 09:34 AM
In terms of the graphics, when NBA 2k14 came out and everyone was blown away by the graphics and people questioned the graphics in Madden Next Gen, didn't Vic Lugo say the graphics weren't going to get much better and that the NBA game doesn't have all of the bells and whistles going on in the background that Madden does, i.e. Sidelines, more fans, etc?

I wonder how the graphics are going to be better than? Or was that just an excuse for the game not looking as good as other games on Next Gen and that this year will be on par with those?

# 55 FBall Life @ 04/29/14 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
In terms of the graphics, when NBA 2k14 came out and everyone was blown away by the graphics and people questioned the graphics in Madden Next Gen, didn't Vic Lugo say the graphics weren't going to get much better and that the NBA game doesn't have all of the bells and whistles going on in the background that Madden does, i.e. Sidelines, more fans, etc?

I wonder how the graphics are going to be better than? Or was that just an excuse for the game not looking as good as other games on Next Gen and that this year will be on par with those?
Bingo. Just excuses.

# 56 HealyMonster @ 04/29/14 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
Presentation overhaul has me interested. We'll see.
agreed, though they have touted presentation and even "revolutionary presentation" in the past so I wont go full geek on it, but Im 100% more interested now than before I read about it

# 57 Sausage @ 04/29/14 10:55 AM
Interested in seeing and reading more info on the following:
*Defense
*New broadcast presentation/dramatic camera angles
*Dynamic pregame and halftime features
*Pass rush tools
*Open field tackling
*Smarter AI

I could be wrong, but the following seems like an assist to the casual fans which is fine:
*Playcalling changes (coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays)

**Coach suggestions were already there. I'm assuming "Madden community picks" is a list of the most popular plays called by the community overall. "Concept plays" I have no idea, but I hope it isn't some type of money play schemes created by tournament guys.

I hope they are keeping realistic football in mind when polishing up and promoting there back of the box features.

# 58 jmurphy31 @ 04/29/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
(Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows) I want Madden 15 to shut me up about NFL 2K5 presentation. Does this mean we will finally get real highlights with commentary breaking down the action during halftime. Will we finally get to see highlights from other games going on around the league during season/franchise mode, or possibly highlights of other games going on around the league if we play the game on Sunday's (NFLToday). Lord knows I been posting on here to the devs for over 9 years asking for it.....
If they add just highlights to the halftime show it is more than that is on Current Gen. All they show now is just some stats. Hopefully, it is more than what we got last time with the extra point (though I would rather have that than nothing). Don't get me the wrong the extra point was a good starting point that never got added to and eventually was eliminated all together.

Hopefully halftime and post game include things from around the league and not just the current game. Also, I was hoping to see a weekly highlight show (similar to 2k) with stories from around the league, highlights, etc. I just cant get into reading a twitter feed on a game to see who is doing what each week. (though I am constantly on twitter in real life).

# 59 tril @ 04/29/14 11:29 AM
1. player lock from a first person perspective.
2. and defense to balance the over powered offense from Madden25
3. IMo seems like they brought some of the broadcast halftime features etc over from the NCAA series. which is a good thing.
4. in depth player profiles is a good thing, which mean they may have finally added more player attributes. maybe now penalties will work.

Im not a huge Madden fan so Ill remain cautiously optimistic.

# 60 RD_Rabin @ 04/29/14 12:18 PM
IF they make the presentation worth it, I'll buy it.

Things I want:

Real broadcast presentation with varied announcer chat.
Decent camera angles like we see on Sundays.
Bring back the post-game studio presentations for franchise mode.
Bring back the half-time summaries and highlights.
Decent MVP and Crunchtime presentations/replays at the end of the game.
Give me the coach back 'in my ear'

You know - like Madden 11 with PS4 graphics... k?

The graphics look good for 15, but the blurb bits are just spin that mean nothing. EA have a long history of taking stuff out of Madden that I liked, as I've mentioned elsewhere. Make them stop and put some of it back

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.