Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

After the Madden NFL 15 cover vote and the first official trailer were revealed, some more details about the game came from an official EA Sports Madden NFL 15 blog, GameStop and Amazon. It's not a lot of details, but at least it's something to talk about. Let us know what you think!

Madden NFL 15 Blog

Quote:
Madden NFL 15 delivers everything fans need to own their rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay control in franchise history. Like the Super Bowl XLVIII champion Seattle Seahawks, you can win championships and bask in the glory of success by building a great defense fit to challenge the best offenses in the game.

Fans will also experience an entirely new broadcast presentation that delivers Madden NFL game day like never before with dramatic all-new camera angles, as well as dynamic pre-game and halftime features. It’s not just football, it’s Madden Season.

GameStop

Quote:
Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history. With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game. Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals. Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=operasport-20
  • Welcome to Madden Season! Madden NFL 15 delivers everything you need to own your rivals on both sides of the field, including the most immersive defensive gameplay in franchise history;
  • With all-new player-lock camera angles, pass rush tools, open-field tackling mechanics, and smarter AI, you've never been more armed to take control of the defense and challenge the best offenses in the game;
  • Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals;
  • Dynamic pre-game and halftime shows, in-depth player profiles, as well as enhanced on-field graphics deliver next-generation broadcast presentation

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 SVCbearcat10 @ 05/08/14 08:45 AM
More than anything in the game, I really hope they offer a special edition with Sunday Ticket again.

# 142 infemous @ 05/08/14 08:53 AM
"Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals"

LOL.

I can't believe this is being even mentioned.
How about we just have gameplans that work come back so that the CPU play calling is better.

Humans don't need new ways to call plays, although tiered playcalling with defensive line stunts or protection schemes would be a much appreciated level of depth.

All I'm hoping is these defensive improvements mean that the pocket is smaller, the coverage is realistic and the pass deflection becomes the premier defensive play over the interception.

# 143 infemous @ 05/08/14 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Football alone is a very intriguing and complicated game. It’s a chess match.. If EA would just get the basic fundamentals down like blocking. tackling, running and passing that would make a good game alone.

Make player ratings actually matter to really separate the average from the good and good from the great this would make Front office moves, drafts and scheming a lot more meaningful.
I want to go into free agency really needing to add a player because I’m weak in a area. Example: If my OT sucks during the season I want to have the ability to scheme by double teaming or chipping the DE with the RB until I can replace him.
If my QB is bad and can’t make all the throws I should have to play within his limitations or suffer consequences. I like the defensive control they are talking about but that’s basically just football and should have always been in the game. I want gap integrity for LB/ DL and great interactions between defender and offensive units.. Do these simple things and pretty up the graphics and presentations and you’ll have a hit.

UHHHHH the truth! Its so refreshing!!

GAP INTEGRITY would be holy. Assigning double team blocks or having running backs actually be useful in pass pro…

RATINGS THAT MATTER.. OH LORD.

I've not been on this forum for nearly a year because I'm tired of requesting the same things, I can only hope this next Madden is finally the change we've been waiting on.

# 144 TreyDobbs @ 05/08/14 10:46 AM
Hopefully they'll make this game harder than 25. I had the user sliders on 0 and the CPU sliders maxed out and I was still winning games by 30+. Given, I don't play defense because the games take far too long when I do and I just don't enjoy playing defense.

# 145 NDAlum @ 05/08/14 01:59 PM
I wonder if that "Prima" partnership was something that took off and received good feedback.

The Prima guys basically find the exploits in the game and use them to have success against online opponents. They then make these youtube shows about how to exploit the game and have success.

# 146 coke hogan @ 05/08/14 08:10 PM
that type of play sucks imo.
I wanna type more but the draft is on.

# 147 BenGerman @ 05/08/14 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
"Madden NFL 15 introduces a revolutionary crowd-sourced play-calling system with three distinct ways to run offense and defense: coach suggestions, Madden community picks, and concept plays providing a strategic edge to take on all rivals"

LOL.

I can't believe this is being even mentioned.
How about we just have gameplans that work come back so that the CPU play calling is better.

Humans don't need new ways to call plays, although tiered playcalling with defensive line stunts or protection schemes would be a much appreciated level of depth.

All I'm hoping is these defensive improvements mean that the pocket is smaller, the coverage is realistic and the pass deflection becomes the premier defensive play over the interception.
One thing that is important to understand, even though I'm totally on board with the frustration, is that the improvement of CPU playcalling would never be something they would advertise this early.

I'm far from Madden's biggest fan, but I'm pretty optimistic about next year. I just think that the further we get from last gen, the more we are going to see things like enhanced AI.

# 148 OhMrHanky @ 05/09/14 12:06 AM
Good god. "Revolutionary crowd-sourced play calling system"? Is this the 'gimmick' this year? Ugghh. I'm always going to call my own plays. This does absolutely nothing for me. Just fix the gameplay. Remove the precision modifier garbage button, and remove the error prone spin move from my truck stick. Thank u. Revolutionary play calling? Cripes. Cause, that's what this game needs the most. Not realistic defense. Not individual player thought and movement. But, more diverse play calling options. Whatever, madden. U lost me at 'welcome'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 149 richiehero @ 05/09/14 01:48 AM
You know something I liked and I believe it was only on Madden 10, was on the loading screen in franchise mode, it showed the top 3 player stats for both teams about to play the game. I always liked that and wondered why it didn't stay in the game. Just made the loading screen a tool instead of loading screens now where it tells you new features of the game. Just something that came to mind

# 150 Jrocc23 @ 05/09/14 02:00 AM
If the player locks are like NCAA, I will definitely play Madden Teamups a lot more. It'll make it much better for me.

It's a big thing for me, but that doesn't easily make it a must buy for me.

# 151 w00dy Hayezz @ 05/09/14 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
Good god. "Revolutionary crowd-sourced play calling system"? Is this the 'gimmick' this year? Ugghh. I'm always going to call my own plays. This does absolutely nothing for me. Just fix the gameplay. Remove the precision modifier garbage button, and remove the error prone spin move from my truck stick. Thank u. Revolutionary play calling? Cripes. Cause, that's what this game needs the most. Not realistic defense. Not individual player thought and movement. But, more diverse play calling options. Whatever, madden. U lost me at 'welcome'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe we will get lucky and this is something they didn't spend a lot of time and resources on. If it's the only new gimmick this year that could be a good thing.

# 152 Boltman @ 05/09/14 12:55 PM
Do we know if this year they're going to have new player models?

Sent from my GS4 using TT

# 153 NicVirtue @ 05/09/14 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltman
Do we know if this year they're going to have new player models?

Sent from my GS4 using TT
Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if they did or didn't. Though if the trailer is actual model, then I think I see a difference in jersey being separate from body. Though that may just be wishful thinking and me being delusional.

# 154 RGiles36 @ 05/10/14 03:45 PM
The presentation stuff has me intrigued -- maybe this is where Kolbe's influence finally shows up.

I imagine it'll be another year on the sidelines for me. I'm still waiting for signature QB animations to return. That, and cleaning up some of the bugs, such as auto subs in CCM.

Still curious to see what they're cooking up...

# 155 therizing02 @ 05/10/14 06:16 PM
My wish is for anyone and everyone that interviews the devs in the weeks and and months leading up to the release of the game, to finally have the balls to ask these guys tough questions. Like:

Auto subs for Running backs have been broken for at least three years? Are they fixed?

Are penalties finally working? No? Why?

So tired of the softball questions tee'd up so they can discuss new features like ....community play calling....

# 156 roadman @ 05/11/14 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
My wish is for anyone and everyone that interviews the devs in the weeks and and months leading up to the release of the game, to finally have the balls to ask these guys tough questions. Like:

Auto subs for Running backs have been broken for at least three years? Are they fixed?

Are penalties finally working? No? Why?

So tired of the softball questions tee'd up so they can discuss new features like ....community play calling....
I thought this interview from VSN and Mr. Bill was a hard hitting one from last September. There is a cliff notes version somewhere within the thread.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...oldenberg.html

# 157 infemous @ 05/11/14 02:13 PM
I think the simple question of why penalties, wind direction and things like that have been able to STAY broken for numerous years is the tough question the Madden team need to be asked.

# 158 roadman @ 05/11/14 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
I think the simple question of why penalties, wind direction and things like that have been able to STAY broken for numerous years is the tough question the Madden team need to be asked.
They were asked in the link above, especially penalties.

# 159 jmurphy31 @ 05/11/14 03:16 PM
It's a great feature NCAA has. It has a ton of info in there. Had stats, records vs., results, etc. Would love to see this in madden

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

# 160 I3raiNfreezE @ 05/11/14 04:33 PM
Hopefully player mode will actually be playable now with player-lock camera angles

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.