Home
MLB 14 The Show News Post

The OSFM Hybrid V2 is now released and in the Vault - I have included the description of the roster from the V1 thread below with some updates.

Version 2.1a has been placed in the Vault, called OSFM Hybrid 2014 v.2.1a

It is a slight ratings tweak with +5 added to discipline thanks to Waittilnextyear who came across and found this - it basically get most offensive categories as close to real life as you could want

What is the OSFM Hybrid you ask?

It is the OSFM Full Minors with a full ratings re-rate. It gives a uniform blanket rating system that brings everything together and makes very realistic game play.

What does this include?

The roster is based off the OSFM, which if you don't know is a collection of great contributors, run by Knight165 who create minor league players and major league players who were not included in this game. It is also based off of Knight's OSFM Player Ratings Charts

We have re-rated all stats for both minor leaguers whom we had info for as well as all the SCEA original players who came in the game.

The stats we use are ZiPs preseason ratings created by Dan Szymborski, they are gathered into a spreadsheet and formulated to match ratings values in the game.

All hitting and defense ratings have been changed as well as pitcher ratings including pitch type, control and velocity updates using Seanjeezy's pitch edits

Potentials were also reviewed and altered where necessary.

The roster has accurate 40 man rosters to today's date, as well as accurate as possible hitting lineups and pitching lineups for all levels. Players who are currently on 60 day disabled lists or suspended are not included in their respective teams 40 man roster and can be found on the A ball roster.

Also we have added many AAA and AA players who were not included in the OSFM - some prospects may have been removed or been put in the FA Pool to make room for players who should be in the roster - you really don't want very young top prospects playing in AAA or even AA.

Stance, Motion and Equipment updates were done where we knew changes needed to be made or could be made.

PLEASE DO NOT LOOK AT THE OVERALLS FOR PLAYERS AS A WAY TO GUAGE THEIR VALUE Players overalls are weighted by a variety of things based on the position they play. With this re-rate most players did go down in overalls, and really the league balances out to where it should be. Player ratings are what they are. We made some adjustments to physical attributes but the pure stat based attributes are the same base across the board.

This is what the Overalls should represent

90+ - All Star and Superstar Caliber

80+ - high end regulars and All Starts

70+ - everyday players and bench players

60+ - Bench players and career minor league players

50+ - low level prospects and Organization fillers

NEW players updates were included in this roster with the exception of pitchers at this time - aprx 200 updates were applied in this release

A roster like this can't happen without the support of many great individuals whom deserve a ton of credit - I hope I remember everyone and spell their names correct

ttbucsfan001 created our ratings spreadsheet
teeds - my partner in crime, created a ton of players, handled the transactions and organizing of players we needed to create and replace
cultbuscus - spent countless hours creating and helping input ratings
sky63 - assisted for several days importing the OSFM players
DarionC14 - did 90% of the hitter re-rate
mmorg - did most of the OSFM re-rate
totte - helped with testing the roster
davis25 - helped create players
shaneomac - helped with rating and player creations
authentic - ran the pitch edits
Iliveforthis - also on pitch edits
Waittilnextyear - assisted in running a ton of tests and finding/compiling needed corrections
Seanjeezy - his pitch edits make those possible

I ask that if you have constructive criticism that is fine but do not use this thread to complain. There is well over 100 hours poured into this project and several broken relationships and marriages.......lol

The roster is a little late this year, but I am very proud to put my name behind it. I hope everyone enjoys this.

Thank you to all the helpers and the community for helping us along the way with suggestions, transaction updates and just entertaining posts.

Note it is recommended that you play this roster with 30 Team Control - more info to be included shortly

The roster can be found in the Vault under the following name:

OSFM HYBRID 2014 V2.............psn Crapinmyshoe

How to use 30 team control is below

You set you profile up as you want - I tend to leave the banking and crap at auto but any player stuff is set to manual

Setting 2 should be set up as follows

Manual Control - 40 man roster, lineups, trades, waivers, rosters

Auto Control - Banking, Training, Management, Transportation

You can go into Gameplay setting and change injuries on both profiles to manual if you want to do the injuries yourself, off or CPU

I tend to do manual to start the year and disable any players out for the season

If you want to let the CPU make trades - when you start your franchise put CPU trading on but also turn off instant trades - check the transactions in your franchise every day - skim through and cancel any stupid trades the CPU wants to make.

Remember you can change on of the player 2 or your own settings anytime during your franchise

Game: MLB 14 The ShowReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 12 - View All
MLB 14 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Future Spartan @ 05/30/14 04:51 PM
Will the OP be updated with the 30 team control info like it says?

# 82 RogueHominid @ 05/30/14 04:58 PM
I just took a look at this roster for the first time (I haven't used it before), and the ratings re-rates appear fairly drastic.

I appreciate the hard work of everyone who does these kinds of things for the community, so my questions are really intended to help me learn a little more about how you guys do things, not as criticism.

One question is about fielding ratings: how are those done? The team I'm using in the OSFM rosters is SF, and I watch a lot of their games. Two players who got dinged fielding wise are Crawford, who is elite IRL and in OSFM, and Pagan, who routinely makes great plays in CF. These reductions made me curious, so how exactly are fielding ratings calculated?

The other question is about starter stamina. Flipping through the teams, I see plenty of starters with 50s and 60s stamina. I wonder how that works with QC games and how it was calculated. In QC games with default sliders, a starter with 90s for stamina can go 7 innings on a decent start, a little further on a really good start, but often can also come out after 6 due to fatigue. Guys with 70s stamina in those situations routinely make it through 5, but not much further. So I wonder how guys with 40s and 50s are supposed to make it out of the 3rd inning in-game. Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks for the hard work, and for fielding the questions.

# 83 Scott @ 05/30/14 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaffer26
Is this roster worth starting a franchise over for? I'm only about two weeks into mine right now.
I say yes, Pitch Edits make a huge difference...

# 84 BlingBling19 @ 05/30/14 05:43 PM
Just curious if anybody made a 25 man roster from these? Thank you to everyone who worked on this roster.

# 85 mtjack17 @ 05/30/14 05:53 PM
Willard and Co., thanks for all the hard work. I know it takes a full team effort with some dedicated individuals to start and finish a project like this. I was stoked when I woke up this morning and saw that this roster set was finished! Ready to start my RTTS and Franchise. Hoping I have some free time this weekend...by free time I mean, 8 hours+, so I can finally enjoy the game.

# 86 teeds @ 05/30/14 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I just took a look at this roster for the first time (I haven't used it before), and the ratings re-rates appear fairly drastic.

I appreciate the hard work of everyone who does these kinds of things for the community, so my questions are really intended to help me learn a little more about how you guys do things, not as criticism.

One question is about fielding ratings: how are those done? The team I'm using in the OSFM rosters is SF, and I watch a lot of their games. Two players who got dinged fielding wise are Crawford, who is elite IRL and in OSFM, and Pagan, who routinely makes great plays in CF. These reductions made me curious, so how exactly are fielding ratings calculated?

The other question is about starter stamina. Flipping through the teams, I see plenty of starters with 50s and 60s stamina. I wonder how that works with QC games and how it was calculated. In QC games with default sliders, a starter with 90s for stamina can go 7 innings on a decent start, a little further on a really good start, but often can also come out after 6 due to fatigue. Guys with 70s stamina in those situations routinely make it through 5, but not much further. So I wonder how guys with 40s and 50s are supposed to make it out of the 3rd inning in-game. Any thoughts on that would be greatly appreciated.

Crawford is still a very good defensive shortstop in the league but the defensive metrics I looked at on fangraphs (and granted, no surefire metric for defense really exists projection wise) has him trending downward since a peak in 2012. I didn't so much favor a three year average as much as I did current performance when coming up with the ratings. The same explanation basically explains Pagan too.

# 87 tonybologna @ 05/30/14 06:34 PM
I hate to keep asking the same questions but why aren't offline links/files being provided for these rosters? Is there a link hidden somewhere in the 10 pages of this thread? Surely somebody working on these rosters has the capability of posting offline files. I always look in the 1st post of threads like this for offline files/links. There's always none there.

It was like this with V1 release of this roster set. These are certainly popular rosters so I don't understand why offline files aren't being posted with these updates. Not trying to sound critical but not all gamers have their consoles online. I'm one of those & an offline update would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

# 88 mdsportsfan1122 @ 05/30/14 07:37 PM
Hey guys I have a problem maybe someone can help me with. I had a franchise going for my orioles and now I downloaded the new roster just put up and when I started a new franchise it's using old rosters en an though I picked the new roster for my franchise. Does anyone know something iam not doing right. Thanks

# 89 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsteps
Would it be possible for you guys to give an idea of how to scale different ratings when editing draftee's?

"If SCEA rates their contactvR @75, decrease to 61" or

"If SCEA rates running speed x, decrease by 11%"

So we would have a better idea of how to nerf the new draftclasses?
Honestly, lower them how you want to at least be in the 50s - I would say take 10 off to start of everything then play with the ratings from there.

I personally go in and fix the faces and, if I feel energetic create missing prospects from the roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man

So yes the ratings drops are drastic in some cases - but basically by using one very solid stats base, the roster is uniform so that every player we had stats for plays on an equal level. I still remember when I did this last year for the first time I nearly crapped myself when I first started changing ratings and saw the Overalls after - but when you apply it to one of my first posts in the Hybrid V1 thread - it really puts things in perspective - of course some of the players look weird because of the ratings weights on overall based by positions.

I saw teeds answered your questions about the fielding and I will answer the Stamina one.

If you are using Metered Pitching - it depends on how often you max a pitcher out with full power on pitches how long they will last. If you use the recommended sliders and change Starting Pitcher Stamina to 7 and Reliever to 2 - they should last normal amounts. Stamina in the game is there to measure innings pitched

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
I hate to keep asking the same questions but why aren't offline links/files being provided for these rosters? Is there a link hidden somewhere in the 10 pages of this thread? Surely somebody working on these rosters has the capability of posting offline files. I always look in the 1st post of threads like this for offline files/links. There's always none there.

It was like this with V1 release of this roster set. These are certainly popular rosters so I don't understand why offline files aren't being posted with these updates. Not trying to sound critical but not all gamers have their consoles online. I'm one of those & an offline update would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Offline links are difficult this year because of the USB issue on the Ps4 - plus I have been just super busy with this thing, work and family. I will get you an offline link shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsportsfan1122
Hey guys I have a problem maybe someone can help me with. I had a franchise going for my orioles and now I downloaded the new roster just put up and when I started a new franchise it's using old rosters en an though I picked the new roster for my franchise. Does anyone know something iam not doing right. Thanks
Are you sure you saved the roster properly or picked the correct roster when starting your franchise? That is all I can think of that would make the happen

# 90 mdsportsfan1122 @ 05/30/14 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Honestly, lower them how you want to at least be in the 50s - I would say take 10 off to start of everything then play with the ratings from there.

I personally go in and fix the faces and, if I feel energetic create missing prospects from the roster

So yes the ratings drops are drastic in some cases - but basically by using one very solid stats base, the roster is uniform so that every player we had stats for plays on an equal level. I still remember when I did this last year for the first time I nearly crapped myself when I first started changing ratings and saw the Overalls after - but when you apply it to one of my first posts in the Hybrid V1 thread - it really puts things in perspective - of course some of the players look weird because of the ratings weights on overall based by positions.

I saw teeds answered your questions about the fielding and I will answer the Stamina one.

If you are using Metered Pitching - it depends on how often you max a pitcher out with full power on pitches how long they will last. If you use the recommended sliders and change Starting Pitcher Stamina to 7 and Reliever to 2 - they should last normal amounts. Stamina in the game is there to measure innings pitched

Offline links are difficult this year because of the USB issue on the Ps4 - plus I have been just super busy with this thing, work and family. I will get you an offline link shortly

Are you sure you saved the roster properly or picked the correct roster when starting your franchise? That is all I can think of that would make the happen
Yes I saved it then when I did my franchise it asked me what roster I wanted. I picked saved went into it and it loaded. But then when the franchise starts it has the old roster ... for instance matt wieters on the new roster is in A ball along with Johan santana. But when I start it has wieters and santana on mlb roster. So It didn't work for some reason. I have been playing the show since 08 and this is the first time this has happened. Btw iam playing this on ps4.

# 91 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 08:21 PM
Here is the offline link

The folder contains both the Hybrid V2 and HybridV2a for the Ps4

https://www.mediafire.com/?i88x9loar3krpfb

# 92 Kevin82485 @ 05/30/14 08:23 PM
Thanks for your hard work, from what I can tell things look really good, although I will offer this:

I know not to look at overall and that these rosters are based on pre-season ratings, but I laughed at how poorly the Brewers pitching staff was rated, so I gave them a well deserved boost, with the exception of Marco Estrada I made him worse at HR/9, he currently leads the league in HRs allowed, and has been prone to giving up the long ball more often than most throughout his career.

Lastly, I feel Elian Herrera should be listed as a 3B with secondary being OF. Currently, he is listed as only a 2B. Granted the position he has played most in his Minors career is 2B, I don't think he has a future as a 2B. He has mostly played 3B and OF in the Majors. Maybe as a compromise make his primary LF and secondary IF. Also he deserves a 15 point boost in Arm Strength and 10 point boost in Accuracy and Fielding Ability. He has a canon for an arm.

Admittedly I have some bias being a Brewers fan, I watch very nearly every game, but just offering some small suggestions.

Edit: Also Martin Maldonado and Jonathan Lucroy should have 1B as their secondary position.

# 93 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsportsfan1122
Yes I saved it then when I did my franchise it asked me what roster I wanted. I picked saved went into it and it loaded. But then when the franchise starts it has the old roster ... for instance matt wieters on the new roster is in A ball along with Johan santana. But when I start it has wieters and santana on mlb roster. So It didn't work for some reason. I have been playing the show since 08 and this is the first time this has happened. Btw iam playing this on ps4.
They are both on the 40 man still which is why they probably got called up for Spring Training if that's where you are seeing them

# 94 Future Spartan @ 05/30/14 08:24 PM
Quote:
They are both on the 40 man still which is why they probably got called up for Spring Training if that's where you are seeing them
Will there be a 25 man roster or is anyone working on that?

Or back to my original question will there be a 30 team guide like stated in the OP?

# 95 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Spartan
Will there be a 25 man roster or is anyone working on that?

Or back to my original question will there be a 30 team guide like stated in the OP?
Go back a few posts or a page or 2 - someone posted a link to the 30 team guide thread - otherwise I will post what I use once I figure them out again - or you can find it on one of last year's Hybrid threads until then - I put it on the first post on one of the versions - sorry I don't remember them off hand

# 96 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 08:41 PM
If you haven't started your franchise yet - DON'T!!!!!!!!

At least if you are a complete stats nut.

Waittilnextyear has found a way to improve the offensive numbers a tad and has is done on a roster - just waiting for him to put up the roster on here

# 97 sxaalex @ 05/30/14 08:45 PM
Quote:

Waittilnextyear has found a way to improve the offensive numbers a tad and has is done on a roster - just waiting for him to put up the roster on here
Williad can you look in to this accurate rating on Odrisamer Despaigne he rated (74) as relief pitcher.He profile a sp with four average pitches.He currently in Padres AAA team. He Should be rated around in the 60's !
Stamina-40!
Pitching Clutch -54!
H/9 -58 !
HR/9 80!
K/9- 68 !
BB/9-53 !

# 98 The Kid 24 @ 05/30/14 08:47 PM
Quote:

How much of a difference are we talking? Cuz Totte already started the OD project.

Sent from my LG G2

# 99 Kevin82485 @ 05/30/14 08:50 PM
Quote:

Argh, just after I had finished tweeking the roster to my liking! Interested in what was done...

# 100 Willard76 @ 05/30/14 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxaalex
Williad can you look in to this accurate rating on Odrisamer Despaigne he rated (74) as relief pitcher.He profile a sp with four average pitches.He currently in Padres AAA team. He Should be rated around in the 60's !
Stamina-40!
Pitching Clutch -54!
H/9 -58 !
HR/9 80!
K/9- 68 !
BB/9-53 !
He is a guy we didn't have stats for - so that is OSFM ratings - does his overall change if you move him to starting pitcher

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.