Home
NHL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released some more NHL 15 screenshots. These feature Paul Stastny (St. Louis Blues), Christian Ehrhoff (Pittsburgh Penguins), Ryan Miller (Vancouver Canucks), Thomas Vanek (Minnesota Wild) and Jarome Iginla (Colorado Avalanche).

NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view NHL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 2kguy @ 07/10/14 01:22 PM
In the picture with Stastny the crowd is looking completely in the wrong direction, when in real life they'd certainly be looking at the goal. With all the talk about realistic crowds in this year's game I hope this is just a fluke in this screen. MLB 14 has the same issue (crowds are always looking toward second base even when the play is at the plate etc).

# 2 N2J NY @ 07/10/14 01:24 PM
From which year is that Vanek face? 07 or 08?

# 3 wolfsjetta12 @ 07/10/14 01:39 PM
Really like how they basically ripped off Eddie Lacks mask, put it on Miller. Yet Jimmy Howard is wearing a mask form NHL 07. Don't know why I'm surprised, Van. always gets and looks great. I wonder why LOL

# 4 Vulcan7905 @ 07/10/14 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHeart
I wish that the jersey are work in progress and that the final result it's the jersey of paul statsny that look incredible well and different of other, the jersey of the stastny screenshots looks very real insted the others look cartoonish!
way

I just like to attribute that to something else. I know when I go to a game, I try to follow the play as close as I can. However, sometimes you can't help but look at the bench, scoreboard, players, etc etc. I think it would look rather stupid if every single fan was watching the play. I do think EA should add some people holding their faces, on the edge of their seat, standing up holding arms or just some sort of emotional gesture if it's a close game and the opponent is in the other zone or a break away.

# 5 Mgbleu1986 @ 07/10/14 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kguy
In the picture with Stastny the crowd is looking completely in the wrong direction, when in real life they'd certainly be looking at the goal. With all the talk about realistic crowds in this year's game I hope this is just a fluke in this screen. MLB 14 has the same issue (crowds are always looking toward second base even when the play is at the plate etc).
Hahah you are so right, I didn't even notice that. The only time the crowd would be looking away like that is if there was a fight about to break out.

# 6 Morry83 @ 07/10/14 03:31 PM
Show us Spezza and Hemsky in Dallas!

# 7 pm83 @ 07/10/14 04:44 PM
Oh my. Vanek looks absolutely awful. Only way I can recognise him from the photo is his number. Authentic.

# 8 pm83 @ 07/10/14 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
Any artists made mask they need permission from the artist themselves or risk lawsuits, its the same reason they won't have tats in madden this year except for specific players who had their tat artists sign a waver. After that NCAA lawsuit I don't blame EA or any publisher for being weary when it could mean a million dollar+ lawsuits over likeness in a videogame.
EA can always change their own mask designs. Many goalies in the game have masks that we've seen way too long. I just find it funny that they put a lot of effort to crowd faces and yet they can't deliver detailed (but unofficial) masks.

# 9 deej93 @ 07/10/14 06:00 PM
So who's the wild player in the picture? His face isn't ringing a bell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 emericaridr11 @ 07/10/14 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej93
So who's the wild player in the picture? His face isn't ringing a bell

Thomas Vanek

# 11 ericromain @ 07/10/14 07:03 PM
Statsny and Ehroff looking great in their Bauer 4500 buckets.

I agree about the masks. Has anyone every tweeted the popular NHL Mask artists about this? Would they object to having their masks in the game? Or would they demand a cut? Back in NHL 97 they had a ton of real masks in the game, someone must have taken issue, or lawyers just got in the way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbIMe9k1FgA&feature=kp

# 12 N2J NY @ 07/10/14 07:35 PM
It's just disappointing that they're putting more effort into the crowd than the actual players. Is there any other sports game franchise out there with so many outdated or missing faces? Probably not..

# 13 actionhank @ 07/10/14 08:16 PM
Quote:
Any artists made mask they need permission from the artist themselves or risk lawsuits, its the same reason they won't have tats in madden this year except for specific players who had their tat artists sign a waver. After that NCAA lawsuit I don't blame EA or any publisher for being weary when it could mean a million dollar+ lawsuits over likeness in a videogame.
Hopefully someday we'll get a mask editor. That would be great. Something like Forza that lets us share masks and pads that people create.

# 14 BearishRiggs @ 07/10/14 09:37 PM
Not necessarily from this batch of screens, but on the topic of faces...

Girardi doesn't look like himself, has been a wearing a visor since the beginning of last season, and yet is still visorless in the shot.

Filppula has dark brown hair.

It's just like...I don't get how you can neglect those kind of details. The visor isn't a big deal, we can add it ourselves, it's just the fact that they didn't even have the mind to include it that worries me.

# 15 pm83 @ 07/10/14 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarstar11
Stop complaining guys, it is what it is, it's not supposed to be perfect. The people at EA Sports are just trying their best, at least give them credit. What do you want from them?
People complain so maybe EA fixes those errors in the future.

# 16 deej93 @ 07/10/14 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emericaridr11
Thomas Vanek

I was kidding. It honestly looks nothing like him though

# 17 wolfsjetta12 @ 07/11/14 09:04 AM
Quote:
I understand what you're saying, I do know that. My point was mostly that is seems like Van. always has new masks and the player faces and the equipment is always on point. Just wishing they would spend more time on the other teams. Especially when you boast about player likeness.

# 18 Pezell04x @ 07/11/14 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solarstar11
Stop complaining guys, it is what it is, it's not supposed to be perfect. The people at EA Sports are just trying their best, at least give them credit. What do you want from them?
Recognizable players...

# 19 Fiddy @ 07/11/14 09:31 AM
oh wow, looks just like Ehrhoff..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.