Home
The Golf Club News Post

Both the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of The Golf Club have been submitted to Microsoft and Sony, respectively. So we should get an official release date soon.

Quote:
We’ve now got a week or so to wait until we hear back from them with regards to whether or not we are ready to hit the store. It’s highly likely that we’ll get a report back with a few minor things that will need changing before we submit again, as this happens 90% of the time especially when working on a new generation of consoles.

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 1 greenegt @ 07/11/14 12:10 PM
Yes! Can't wait to download.

# 2 half-fast @ 07/11/14 06:48 PM
I'm so ready! Can't wait to make courses, and play the game to kill the need when I cant play for real.

# 3 countryboy @ 07/11/14 07:26 PM
we are now one step closer!

# 4 rspencer86 @ 07/11/14 08:05 PM
WOOOOOOO

# 5 mcmax3000 @ 07/11/14 08:31 PM
Awesome! I'll be downloading day one. I already have the game on Steam, but I much prefer playing on consoles.

# 6 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/11/14 08:47 PM
Yes!!! Loving it!

# 7 SinisterAlex @ 07/11/14 09:51 PM

# 8 pj_28 @ 07/11/14 09:55 PM
I know on Steam the game is something like $35, what is the price point going to be on the PS4? I would assume $60 but just not sure.

# 9 Trevelyan @ 07/12/14 01:58 AM
I would expect the price to be similar to the PC version, seems to me it would be a major mistake to have the price be that much higher on a new series.

# 10 Pappy Knuckles @ 07/12/14 02:26 AM
Finally! Glad to be hearing some news on the console version. I've been anticipating a $30 price point on PS4, but I can't see it being any higher than $40. Regardless, I'm in whenever this comes out. Hopefully we have it by the end of the month.

# 11 OnlookerDelay @ 07/13/14 08:23 PM
My guess is the console version price will be $39.99, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it at $34.99. Either way, I think we'll wind up getting a lot for our money.

# 12 manny2012 @ 07/19/14 01:05 PM
so does anyone have an estimate of how long it may take for an official release at this point in the process? I am super excited and in need of a golf fix on the consoles.

# 13 mcmax3000 @ 07/19/14 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2012
so does anyone have an estimate of how long it may take for an official release at this point in the process? I am super excited and in need of a golf fix on the consoles.
They said it would take about a week, or so to hear back from the console makers. Release date depends on whether it gets approved, or if they need to make any changes.

# 14 mebby @ 07/20/14 02:09 PM
They also mentioned that it's very likely that MS or Sony will come back with some sort of changes for them to make. So I'm guessing that this will be released towards the end of the month or early August.

# 15 DivotMaker @ 07/21/14 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
They said it would take about a week, or so to hear back from the console makers. Release date depends on whether it gets approved, or if they need to make any changes.
I think HBS might have been a tad aggressive stating a week. Typical certification takes anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks depending on the game.....

# 16 Aggies7 @ 07/21/14 03:50 PM
I'm going to go with a late August release date, which sucks cause it will be same timeframe as Madden. Either way it will be a day 1 buy for me.

# 17 Richzilla @ 07/28/14 08:33 PM
I'm ready for this to come out...lol

At first I was indifferent due to the lack of real courses/etc.

What I'm reading about the course maker and the cross platform stuff has got me excited and has me hoping for courses that rival what the community used to put out for the links golf series.

I honestly think EA made a HUGE mistake with the battlefield map business.

I keep reading crap from EA about how the "community" wants the fantasy courses and how well they sold/etc....give me a break....only reason we bought them is because they were bundled with other courses.....They are honestly almost unplayable.

# 18 fishepa @ 07/28/14 09:15 PM
Any update on this? It's been a couple of weeks.

# 19 jyoung @ 07/28/14 10:15 PM
Knowing that Madden is getting closer and closer to release, I'm sure that they are trying to get this game released as soon as possible.

Their window for receiving the full attention of casual sports fans is rapidly closing.

# 20 Aggies7 @ 07/28/14 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Knowing that Madden is getting closer and closer to release, I'm sure that they are trying to get this game released as soon as possible.

Their window for receiving the full attention of casual sports fans is rapidly closing.

Full immediate attention I agree, but this doesn't sound like it needs to be a yearly release with the ability to create courses. So the replay value on this will most likely outlast Madden release and surge. Just an opinion but I think Golf Club will be fine.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.