Home
News Post

Joe Montana tweeted this CG image of himself... Twice, for some reason... with the following hashtags.

Quote:
#youvewaitedlongenough #joemontanafootball16

He then followed it up with a bunch of pictures from the Legends of Candlestick flag football game, which featured retired players (see the full rosters here) with Joe Montana and Dan Marino quarterbacking the respective sides.

The image Montana tweeted doesn't really match up, does it? Could we get a Joe Montana Football 16 announcement in the coming days or is it just wishful thinking?

With the exclusive license still in the hands of EA, if a videogame version of Joe Montana Football does arrive, it won't have any current NFL player names, likeness, etc.

Maybe it will feature retired players, similar to All Pro Football 2K8? Maybe it's going to be a simple mobile game. Your guess is as good as mine at this point.

Either way, if we do see a football game from Joe, with a 16 at the end of the tweet hashtag, we probably won't see it until 2015. Let's hope for the best.

If anything solid comes from this, we'll update everyone.

UPDATE: Thanks to jlfarris (via FaceMask), it does in fact look like a mobile game is in the works, utilizing Unreal Engine 4.

What are your thoughts?

screenshot gallery - Click to view  screenshot gallery - Click to view  screenshot gallery - Click to view  screenshot gallery - Click to view
Member Comments
# 121 DocHolliday @ 01/06/15 11:23 AM
Man if 2K announced the return of Joe Montana football by 2KSports, I think this forum would explode.

Im getting tingly just thinking about it.

# 122 Gman 18 @ 01/09/15 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm glad you posted the bold, which provoked me to go on Twitter to read it. I'm thrilled to see confirmation that it will at least be available on PC, fingers crossed for consoles. Not to mention Grow also tweeted that they're "less than a month" away from releasing specifics.
Damon Grow confirmed that it wasn't just for PC, likely meaning it would also be on the consoles. However, we still don't know for sure. There is just speculation

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

# 123 mestevo @ 01/09/15 02:21 PM
For their sake I hope ‘not PC only’ does end up translating to ‘on PC’, because that’s not necessarily what that means.

Either way, console release still a hope and a prayer at best. Especially if they go PC and Mobile to use licensed material, they’re not going to also make a stripped down console game.

Unless they're allowed to because the secret studio is EA.

# 124 noarmsduck @ 01/09/15 04:04 PM
I definitely wouldn't mind a new PC football game. **** mobile gaming though.

# 125 MajorSupreme @ 01/09/15 05:14 PM
So the game is coming out for "not only PC"? Well, I agree 1000% with Gridiron. The severe lack of communication with the larger base of the community (not just GCs) is a rookie mistake, from this rookie company. But the PC ordeal is cool, I guess.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 126 gr18 @ 01/09/15 11:51 PM
PC is the best platform it could come out on because of the unlimited life this game can have.If it just came out on consoles and was a good game but failed you may be stuck with something that became outdated fast.On PC the options for what you can do are endless.Take Madden 08 PC as an example.

# 127 elgreazy1 @ 01/10/15 09:38 AM
Let this be real. I'm still playing APF2K8 as my main football game for jeebus sakes. 2KEIGHT!!!!!

# 128 RyanLaFalce @ 01/10/15 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLR101
from Damon tweeter
If they're face scanning like this, then this game could be amazing. Let's hope gameplay is just as good.

Sent From My Galaxy S7

# 129 simbayless @ 01/10/15 06:40 PM
Somebody should ask if they will have authentic penalties. That would make the competition look silly especially if they have thousands of signature animations QB,HB and especially WR fight for the ball.

# 130 Thunderhorse @ 01/10/15 09:15 PM
I've been coming the internet and haven't found anything of value information wise.

I did find this video on youtube though, which really makes me think this is probably a mobile game. It just makes sense with the fact that the NFL license is only open through a mobile platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6E84MzDtU

Watching that I can see why some people in this thread have educated those of us that are ignorant of the possibilities of a mobile game.

That said, When I watch that video, I find it hard to believe they can create a football game that is fundamentally deep enough to keep my attention. Maybe if I could use a controller with my iPhone... but I have yet to see where that is possible.

I'm prepared to be let down.

# 131 MajorSupreme @ 01/10/15 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
I've been coming the internet and haven't found anything of value information wise.

I did find this video on youtube though, which really makes me think this is probably a mobile game. It just makes sense with the fact that the NFL license is only open through a mobile platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If6E84MzDtU

Watching that I can see why some people in this thread have educated those of us that are ignorant of the possibilities of a mobile game.

That said, When I watch that video, I find it hard to believe they can create a football game that is fundamentally deep enough to keep my attention. Maybe if I could use a controller with my iPhone... but I have yet to see where that is possible.

I'm prepared to be let down.
But, we've all come to the understanding that the game will be on PC, correct?

# 132 Thunderhorse @ 01/11/15 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
For discussion sake, since we all are supposed to know more in "less than a month", what would you interpret that Grow meant by "can confirm its not PC only" or did you miss that when combing the internet?
It's just my line of thinking is that you could easily put a game designed for mobile devices on a computer.When I actually hear something about a console, maybe I'll have a reason to look up.

Considering one of the screen shots is of reliant stadium, Generic console games have been tried and both efforts have failed, and the license is only open on a mobile platform, I don't see a real reason based off of all the speculation in here to believe this game is going to be on consoles or be as deep as APF.

I hope I'm wrong, but the speculation over the last 10 years has been exhausting. Seriously, I'm over it.

# 133 gr18 @ 01/11/15 11:19 AM
It seems alot of people are stuck on the console thing.Hopefully it's for console too but I'm more excited about PC because I realize the added potential and look ahead to whether it becomes our only non-Madden option for years to come.APF would be better off right now if it was available for PC.

# 134 grabursock55 @ 01/14/15 09:45 PM
I'm pumped about this news that it would appear to be a PC game... I still play madden 08 to this day because it has decent gameplay and almost endless customization with the right tools.. I could like to a thread on another website if that was allowed showing my blitz the league 2 mod, but I dont wanna get banned lol.

Anyway, PC or console.. Im VERY excited!

# 135 NikeBlitz @ 01/17/15 04:26 PM
Who's publishing ? Lots of secrecy around this game ...

# 136 stos5363 @ 01/20/15 11:57 AM
if everyone just follow my man damon grow on twitter.he should have some news around super bowl time there working on a rollout per damon grow's twitter. Give him a follow.

# 137 mestevo @ 01/20/15 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stos5363
if everyone just follow my man damon grow on twitter.he should have some news around super bowl time there working on a rollout per damon grow's twitter. Give him a follow.
What do you base this on?

# 138 mestevo @ 01/20/15 01:22 PM
Yeah, I see that now.

https://twitter.com/DamonGrow/status/556982487637704704

That's for 'more news' though, which could just be another render like the headshot.

# 139 genocide @ 01/20/15 04:40 PM
I feel like this project was supposed to be a football fantasy app from IMFL (joe montana company) couple years ago, then they decided to do something bigger. I think this game could end up to be a disaster since it was suppose be a mobile app at first. The one problem with this whole situation is this company build up so much hype tweeting things like #morethanarosterupdate and #youwaitedlongenough. They said they care about the community input yet they are not asking us at all. It shouldn't take this long to announce if its a console. Console game or not this better be a good football game at least better than madden with that much hype. I don't know about you guys, but I am prepared to be let down.

# 140 mestevo @ 01/20/15 04:53 PM
I think they haven't solicited for feedback because they're looking to deliver on their specific goal or vision. That and responding to some feedback may reveal more about the game than they want to right now or primary platform intentions (still expecting mobile-focus but w/ PC port or something).

I tracked down the shared office space he posted a picture of, wonder if they'll update their community page listing the company he's running/working for. It's a startup incubator, so almost almost completely rules out this being a 2k/EA endeavor.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.