Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 trailer, along with some more screenshots featuring Player Sense 2.0.
  • Defenses are now smarter when it comes to going for a swat vs. an interception or a tackle. This improved logic will be broken down by individual player traits.
  • Zone coverage ratings now have a much bigger impact on how quickly defenders break on throws.
  • Defenders with higher ratings in Zone Coverage will react much quicker to throws, often times before the ball is thrown.
  • Improvements have also been made to zone defenders responsible for the flats.
  • Look for smarter principles, head tracking on all players, increases in press and chuck interactions between DBs and wide receivers, as well as improved pursuit and tackling abilities.
  • Man Coverage ratings have also been tweaked to impact how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes, resulting in improved behavior of the defensive backs.
  • Also new to Madden 15 is the addition of disguised defenses, where opposing secondaries will show you one coverage but give another.
  • Madden NFL 15 represents the most fun and engaging defensive gameplay in franchise history.
Source - EA Sports

Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 15 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jeremym480 @ 07/17/14 05:39 PM
Put it up on Play Wire, Steve.

YouTube in blocked at my work.

# 2 kehlis @ 07/17/14 05:42 PM
Animations aside I am pretty happy with that video.

Loved the disguised defense and the fact that they fixed the flats. Certainly showed some promise.

# 3 CM Hooe @ 07/17/14 05:44 PM
Disguising coverages was one of my favorite features of other football games and I'm very happy that it has made its way over to Madden this year.

EDIT: also, the Jaguars' new video board is goddamn gigantic.

# 4 strawberryshortcake @ 07/17/14 05:55 PM
Plays 2 (seahawks) 3 (browns) looks really, really awkward. Second play should have been an interception as opposed to be a successful swat. The swat animations doesn't seem to fit the context.

Plays 4,5,6 are pretty nice looking. The animations fit the contextual awareness.

Mixed baggage.

# 5 countryboy @ 07/17/14 05:59 PM
and my anticipation level has just gone up!

Looking forward to getting my hands on the game

# 6 Moose Factory @ 07/17/14 06:01 PM
domo arigato mr roboto

# 7 kehlis @ 07/17/14 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Unfortunately for me, it didn't do much. I immediately saw two situations where a defender was standing completely still, flat footed doing nothing. That would never be the case. Even if that defender, in this case it's a corner, is responsible for backside contain, he's going to creep up near the line of scrimmage or he's simply going to attack it. If not that, he would help out in coverage. I just don't understand how they don't see that happen and don't address it. It's been in the game for years. This clip was only a couple of minutes and I saw it twice.

EDIT: if you look at the 31 second mark, the corner and MLB are standing still. Graphics look really nice.
Honestly not really worried about that kind of stuff.

Just want it to play a good game and defensive coverage was always a big aspect of the game that discouraged me.

Really don't care much if they are flat footed or not.

I'm not diminishing it or saying that you shouldn't care about it, just that I personally don't.

# 8 mellamoaaron @ 07/17/14 06:04 PM
Very impressed by what I've just watched. This game is going to be awesome.

# 9 Blue12 @ 07/17/14 06:08 PM
It looks like playing defense will be more fun, but I'm also intrigued about how this will affect playing offense. It looks if you combine the new defensive mechanics with the increased inaccurate throws, the game should be much more realistic. All of this hinges on A.I. of course.

# 10 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/17/14 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Plays 2 (seahawks) 3 (browns) looks really, really awkward. Second play should have been an interception as opposed to be a successful swat. The swat animations doesn't seem to fit the context.

Plays 4,5,6 are pretty nice looking. The animations fit the contextual awareness.

Mixed baggage.
I'm sorry but how in the world did the browns play look awkward? That was a perfect swat.

# 11 SoxFan01605 @ 07/17/14 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
EA Sports has just released another Madden NFL 15 trailer, along with some more screenshots featuring Player Sense 2.0.
  • Defenses are now smarter when it comes to going for a swat vs. an interception or a tackle. This improved logic will be broken down by individual player traits.
  • Zone coverage ratings now have a much bigger impact on how quickly defenders break on throws.
  • Defenders with higher ratings in Zone Coverage will react much quicker to throws, often times before the ball is thrown.
  • Improvements have also been made to zone defenders responsible for the flats.
  • Look for smarter principles, head tracking on all players, increases in press and chuck interactions between DBs and wide receivers, as well as improved pursuit and tackling abilities.
  • Man Coverage ratings have also been tweaked to impact how much separation receivers are able to get on cuts in their routes, resulting in improved behavior of the defensive backs.
  • Also new to Madden 15 is the addition of disguised defenses, where opposing secondaries will show you one coverage but give another.
  • Madden NFL 15 represents the most fun and engaging defensive gameplay in franchise history.
Source - EA Sports

Most of that sounds good overall, but the bolded bullet point has me confused. They react to throws before there are throws? I'm guessing this is just a wording thing and they aren't advertising psychic DBs as a feature now...lol.

# 12 countryboy @ 07/17/14 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Most of that sounds good overall, but the bolded bullet point has me confused. They react to throws before there are throws? I'm guessing this is just a wording thing and they aren't advertising psychic DBs as a feature now...lol.
I'm wondering if they are trying to simulate a DB reading the QB's eyes, at least that is how I took it.

That line had me scratching my head as well.

# 13 SoxFan01605 @ 07/17/14 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I'm wondering if they are trying to simulate a DB reading the QB's eyes, at least that is how I took it.

Heh...I did a double take when I saw who responded to that CB. Welcome back! (I don't post that often anymore, so my apologies if I'm behind the curve on you reemergence).

Anyway, you may be right...although I'm hesitant to trust Madden AI with such concepts. As long as it all works without being cheap though, I guess it doesn't matter much. We'll see.

# 14 kehlis @ 07/17/14 06:24 PM
Quote:
Heh...I did a double take when I saw who responded to that CB. Welcome back! (I don't post that often anymore, so my apologies if I'm behind the curve on you reemergence).

Anyway, you may be right...although I'm hesitant to trust Madden AI with such concepts. As long as it all works without being cheap though, I guess it doesn't matter much. We'll see.
It's a fair concern.

It's not unrealistic for a DB to break before a ball is thrown in anticipation but with computer programming involved you never know.

# 15 countryboy @ 07/17/14 06:25 PM
Quote:

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm hesitant as well to give them the benefit of the doubt that the AI will work in a way that doesn't feel cheap/robotic/or "cheating".

# 16 The JareBear @ 07/17/14 06:28 PM
Am I wrong or were "disguised coverages" something that were supposedly added to the game a couple years ago? Maybe I have it mixed up here.

The video looks pretty good. Would like to know that "Coach Sense" has been improved too, in regards to CPU play calling and game management.

# 17 kjcheezhead @ 07/17/14 06:29 PM
All in all not too bad considering wr/db interaction wasn't worked on much. The vid shows alot of aggressive db play, but the wrs attempts look half hearted still. That Jordy Nelson curl route was my least favorite. He leans back away from the ball and let's the db undercut him. He should attack the ball and lean into the pass. Not run back 5yards toward the line of scrimmage like they do now, but lean in and go after it.

# 18 friscob @ 07/17/14 06:31 PM
Better pass rush, better coverage, reduced qb accuracy .... im excited. Now give me some franchise info already!

# 19 noplace @ 07/17/14 06:37 PM
Looked like classic mirroring to me and the animations look really bad..

# 20 RexDEAFootball @ 07/17/14 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy

Actually this came from Cortez Allen from the Pittsburgh Steelers and Stevenson Sylvester from the Buffalo Bills. We had both guys down here for a week working with us on coverage. They explained to us that in zone coverage, they break as soon as they see the QB locks his shoulder to throw. We scale break time by the zone coverage rating, so you will really only see this from 90+ rated zone coverage defenders.
Trust me we are well aware of psychic DB concerns and this will NOT be in the game.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.