Home
NHL 15 News Post

Puck Daddy has posted their interview with Sean Ramjagsingh, Producer of NHL 15. During the interview they discuss teammate AI, atmosphere in different arenas, puck physics and much more.

A few other tidbits below.

Quote:
  • Details on what features will be in the gen-3 consoles (PS3, Xbox 360) will be out in the next few weeks.
  • There will be a new Stanley Cup celebration cut scene in the game. They’re currently making tweaks and re-shooting the end scene.
  • The Winter Classic venues will be playable only on gen-3 consoles (Michigan Stadium is not included). They will not be in the PS4/XBOX One games as the NHL team wanted to focus on building the unique arenas for all 30 teams in the game.

Read the entire interview at Yahoo! Sports.

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 pm83 @ 07/19/14 11:17 AM
"we’ve literally rebuilt our AI from the ground up"

I hope this one is true. And really hope that there's been people programming new AI which know something about hockey's defensive part.

# 2 canucksss @ 07/19/14 03:08 PM
Talk is cheap..especially if RAM is answering. But hoping that there's truth in it

# 3 akula @ 07/19/14 04:13 PM
I love how they build everything up from the ground up every single year

# 4 Vikes1 @ 07/20/14 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
I hope so too, the lack of neutral zone play is this series biggest issue and has been for quite a while now.
Yep ST. Sure hoping this is at least an option for us with 15.

# 5 Simaofan-20 @ 07/20/14 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHeart
my god another useless interview of this guy, the focus are that nhl 15 is a transition game and the real game will be the 16, a part of this too bad that there isnt the winter classic
That would be true had they released NHL 14 on next gen but they didn't so I doubt that NHL 16 will be the "real" game

# 6 13whitebread @ 07/20/14 02:05 PM
Rammer does a lot of interviews but very little info comes out. And from what a lot of people say it is one of the lowest on the totem pole for sport game. Why so much secrecy. Really hoping the next video will showcase the new commentary team. Hope the timing is right. One thing I will say about Gary and Bill their timing was always spot on hopefully this will translate into next gen

# 7 JimmyDeicide @ 07/20/14 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13whitebread
Why so much secrecy.
Because its the same pr speak, it all sounds good (again) but it translates to barely anything noticable in the game.

Im about done with this series, if im in the passing lanes as a defensmen again and the puck goes through me because the other guys stats are higher in that category or i dont have any other tools other than hitting the guy then i will be done.
There has to be something for defensemen to celebrate other than a big hit. I wonder how Drew Doughty feels when he tries to play as his self and finds he cant do anything he can in real life.
Last chance for me bros, this and the micro transaction/incremental boosting bull**** is ruining gaming for me.
How about standard player types and you make your eashl team up of those guys shape your team that way and everyone starts with an even playing field.

# 8 animal829 @ 07/20/14 08:08 PM
No Winter Classic that sucks. Why is it that all Rammer Says is with more power of the next gens we could do so much more. And yet we still loose stuff we had in the previous gens like the winter classic. So we get 30 authentic NHL arenas that look great, but if you want to play in any other league there is no upgrade in those arenas. I really thought we would get more winter classic and the stadium series arenas instead we get nothing. That's my first disappointment in this game.

# 9 Blzer @ 07/20/14 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal829
No Winter Classic that sucks. Why is it that all Rammer Says is with more power of the next gens we could do so much more. And yet we still loose stuff we had in the previous gens like the winter classic. So we get 30 authentic NHL arenas that look great, but if you want to play in any other league there is no upgrade in those arenas. I really thought we would get more winter classic and the stadium series arenas instead we get nothing. That's my first disappointment in this game.
They can do it, but they are limited by two other resources: manpower and time. He explained it away as well. I'm guessing these will be in NHL 16.

# 10 Madwolf @ 07/20/14 11:14 PM
I think we'll all settle for not having the Winter Classic stadiums in the game this year if they knock the rest of the game out of the park. It wasn't in Be a GM mode last year, so I forgot it was there for a bit.

He did say it would be included next year because they didn't have the resources to make them look right and complete all of their other ambitions this year. It would have really sucked to have them in and just have them look like junk compared to the team arenas.

# 11 SinisterAlex @ 07/21/14 02:45 AM
I honestly don't know why the Winter Classic stuff is such a big deal. I've maybe only played it 3-4 times since it's iteration in NHL 12.

It won't be missed.

# 12 Dolphins88 @ 07/21/14 11:06 AM
Ya seriously who cares about winter classic or playing in other arenas besides nhl rinks . That is why it's called nhl 15... I don't mind having drafts and picks but playing as junior or European teams was a waste of space

# 13 Dolphins88 @ 07/21/14 11:13 AM
Get the gameplay, AI , atomosphere and commentary right and we will be in heaven. Each team and player should play differently. Playing against Crosby , Malkin or a lucic, chara , etc should be a challenge. I just found the gameplay stale and boring the last 5 iterations and that's probably due to the fact that every team and player plays almost exactly the same. Instead of wasting space on winter classic or other leagues get a real stats man and make each player unique and different.

# 14 adayinthelife @ 07/21/14 04:59 PM
Wasn't as bad as his interviews from E3, but still more or less a fluffy piece.

One thing that was a bit worrying was the mention of them not being sure about the ice quality affecting the puck behaviour just yet. I'd love to see the ice having an impact, just as it does in real life. This seems like a no brainer to me, but at the very, very least why not give us a slider so we can decide ourselves? By all means, pick a default setting and tune it into the ground for online play like they do every year, but give us the freedom to tweak what we want offline, please.

As for the Winter Classic thing, I'd say it's worth dropping for this year if we're getting better standard arenas.

# 15 Money99 @ 07/22/14 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Wasn't as bad as his interviews from E3, but still more or less a fluffy piece.

One thing that was a bit worrying was the mention of them not being sure about the ice quality affecting the puck behaviour just yet. I'd love to see the ice having an impact, just as it does in real life. This seems like a no brainer to me, but at the very, very least why not give us a slider so we can decide ourselves? By all means, pick a default setting and tune it into the ground for online play like they do every year, but give us the freedom to tweak what we want offline, please.

As for the Winter Classic thing, I'd say it's worth dropping for this year if we're getting better standard arenas.
Agreed.
If they're going to do it, do it right.
I would like all the stadiums/parks they've already played in. Then in each year of GM mode, it would rotate with 2 different teams every year.

# 16 actionhank @ 07/22/14 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralThundr
You do have tools though, stick lifts, poke checks, puck batting, stick to ice. Granted I have zero idea how the game plays online, and you likely have a valid argument if stats are the only determining factor. If that's the case EA needs to address it.
My problem with all of that stuff is you have no control over them, besides the poke check. But even that one is just pressing a button and hoping for the best. I've posted it before, but the defensive controls in this game are years behind what the skill-stick brings to offense. If they're going to have a feature in the game, EA needs to give us the ability to control it. If i'm trying to skate by a guy to get to a puck in the corner, i should be able to go around him, and if he cuts in front of me, it's interference. Instead, i get magically sucked into him and we bump each other with sticks. It's so frustrating.
Same for hitting pucks in the air. I wish it was something i controlled, instead of something the AI tries to do when it thinks it would be best.

# 17 Splitter77 @ 07/22/14 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actionhank
My problem with all of that stuff is you have no control over them, besides the poke check. But even that one is just pressing a button and hoping for the best. I've posted it before, but the defensive controls in this game are years behind what the skill-stick brings to offense. If they're going to have a feature in the game, EA needs to give us the ability to control it. If i'm trying to skate by a guy to get to a puck in the corner, i should be able to go around him, and if he cuts in front of me, it's interference. Instead, i get magically sucked into him and we bump each other with sticks. It's so frustrating.
Same for hitting pucks in the air. I wish it was something i controlled, instead of something the AI tries to do when it thinks it would be best.
i agree about how useless the defensive controls are.
i would even welcome some canned animation where the defenseman can shield away an attacking forward.

its way too hard to stop a forward one on one in this game.

# 18 phillyfan23 @ 07/26/14 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pm83
"we’ve literally rebuilt our AI from the ground up"

I hope this one is true. And really hope that there's been people programming new AI which know something about hockey's defensive part.
and yet from the videos I have seen,it is basically automatic to carry the puck into the zone because the cpu ai d-men just keep skating backwards.

This has been a MAJOR complaint of the AI since NHL 07... going to be 8 years now. If they can't get this rudimentary aspect of the game right, can we really believe the ai is "rebuilt from the ground up"??

# 19 Blzer @ 07/26/14 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan23
and yet from the videos I have seen,it is basically automatic to carry the puck into the zone because the cpu ai d-men just keep skating backwards.

This has been a MAJOR complaint of the AI since NHL 07... going to be 8 years now. If they can't get this rudimentary aspect of the game right, can we really believe the ai is "rebuilt from the ground up"??
They could have inefficient programmers.

# 20 piffbernd @ 07/28/14 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simaofan-20
That would be true had they released NHL 14 on next gen but they didn't so I doubt that NHL 16 will be the "real" game
I think NHL 16 will be not the real game either, every time excuses. The change a little bit sliders that's it. Ok the have finally all Arenas, why we get not Teambuilder , where we can change Goalie masks, and boards. It's the same thing with Madden. The need seriously competition. Exclusive licenses are **** for us gamers.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.