Home
EA Sports UFC News Post

EA Sports UFC patch version 1.02 is available now, which includes 3 new fighters (Takeya Mizugaki, TJ Dillashaw and Tyron Woodley) and quite a few fixes (as seen above).

EA Sports has also released a new trailer featuring the new fighters here.

Key Gameplay Updates:
  • Touch Gloves: Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LB on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
  • Finish the Fight: During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and “finish the fight” by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
  • Sprawls: The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
  • Clinch Break from the Cage: Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
  • Power Takedowns and Sweeps: Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
  • Stamina: Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
  • Sweep Defense: The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
Play a few matches and let us know what you think.

EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view EA Sports UFC screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: EA Sports UFCReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
EA Sports UFC Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EarvGotti @ 07/22/14 10:47 AM
Stamina is so legit now. By the middle of the 3rd round, both me and my opponent only had like half a bar of stamina left and this was in Lightweight/Welterweight Division.

Throwing heavy shots now takes a MUCH bigger chunk of your stamina away. Its crazy.

# 22 DaveDQ @ 07/22/14 10:57 AM
I was able to get 2 fights in online unranked. Stamina is greatly improved. The first fight I just went crazy to see how much drained. The second fight I was GSP vs Aldo. This time I was more cautious and saw nice results. Aldo was big time gassed by R3. I was at half he was at about 1/3.

This is big progress. They key here is long term stamina does not regenerate in between rounds. That is a great improvement.

# 23 jeremym480 @ 07/22/14 10:57 AM
Can someone check to see if they updated any current roster fighters weight class?

For example: Gegard Mousasi to Middleweight or Brad Pickett to Flyweight.

# 24 ron_bato @ 07/22/14 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
Can someone check to see if they updated any current roster fighters weight class?

will check mous later, but pickett is not in flyweight.

# 25 boxboy99 @ 07/22/14 11:17 AM
Sounds like a good update. Excited to give it a try. I am still having fun with the game online and they seemed to address a couple of the main issues. Interested in how the Grand Prix works.

# 26 Reed1417 @ 07/22/14 11:24 AM
Awesome!! I can't wait to get off work and check this out!!

Reed is comin' atcha!!

# 27 Sausage @ 07/22/14 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480

Mousasi was not in middleweight and records have not been updated like it says on the patch notes.

# 28 urlacher51 @ 07/22/14 11:35 AM
For me I'm a offline guy, the cpu not getting up from the ground is a bummer. I hope they can fix this ASAP.

# 29 jeremym480 @ 07/22/14 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
Mousasi was not in middleweight and records have not been updated like it says on the patch notes.
Sigh... I still don't get why they basically made online open to a couple of weight classes, but didn't do the same for offline. I mean, Mousasi has been a Middleweight for awhile and Pickett just fought at Flyweight. If they plan on keeping the game up-to-date, then they should update the fighters in the game too. Hopefully, it's something they can fix in the next patch.

# 30 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/22/14 11:59 AM
You were able to land shots after a ko pre patch

# 31 mosdef328 @ 07/22/14 12:00 PM
Does anyone know how to get into the sprawl animation? Is it just a timing thing or new controls?

# 32 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/22/14 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Stamina is so legit now. By the middle of the 3rd round, both me and my opponent only had like half a bar of stamina left and this was in Lightweight/Welterweight Division.

Throwing heavy shots now takes a MUCH bigger chunk of your stamina away. Its crazy.
This is bad news for guys who relied on Aldo Barao Pettis spam. Even in bkackbelt. Looks like im owning some chumps in blackbelt today

# 33 mbergh22 @ 07/22/14 12:06 PM
No crucifix fix in career mode??? Lame.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

# 34 jeremym480 @ 07/22/14 12:17 PM
Are the new fighters available to fight against in career mode?

# 35 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/22/14 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_bato
I found one issue while the CPU is in full guard, now that the sweeps are much easier to defend, it's easy to pin the CPU down in full guard and unleash ground and pound. They rely too heavily on the sweeps (almost exclusively even) and don't try to stand up as much, therefore it's easy to pin them down in full guard and win that way. The ref doesn't initiate stand ups too, so right now it's too easy to win via GNP from full guard.

edit: I've now sat in full guard for the past three fights and was able to end the fight that way. Too easy, too predictable, CPU not attempting to stand up, only wanting to sweep from full guard, punching while in the bottom even in a rocked state. This has taken the enjoyment out of the ground game for me. I hope they fix this quick.
I was curious about this too. Online as well. Good players will now look to hold you in full guard and end fights there. On acside note when youre in full guard and he postures up how do you pull him back in?

# 36 GameplayDevUFC @ 07/22/14 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosdef328
Does anyone know how to get into the sprawl animation? Is it just a timing thing or new controls?
You play the sprawl animation when you successfully defend a power takedown.

# 37 mosdef328 @ 07/22/14 12:44 PM
thanks. I have to say I feel like this is a very positive move forward by the devs. Keep up the good work guys.

# 38 aholbert32 @ 07/22/14 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishTouch76
I was curious about this too. Online as well. Good players will now look to hold you in full guard and end fights there. On acside note when youre in full guard and he postures up how do you pull him back in?
That's not an issue online. You can sweep, transition where he isn't postured up or escape. The issue offline is that the CPU only tries to sweep to escape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 39 mbergh22 @ 07/22/14 01:20 PM
How do you touch gloves?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

# 40 SwedishTouch76 @ 07/22/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That's not an issue online. You can sweep, transition where he isn't postured up or escape. The issue offline is that the CPU only tries to sweep to escape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
What transitions can you do from full guard? I always thought it was standup with ls or sweep to full mount. Dumb question. If using a fighter that no longer has power takedowns what does he do? Just stand there or default to a regular takedown?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.