Home
WWE 2K15 News Post

It seems WWE 2K15 will have more new modes this year, with two new primary single player modes to play through according to IGN.

The first mode is 2K Showcase, which will feature two historical rivalries you will play through in a sort of mini-documentary fashion. 2K hasn't spilled the beans on which two rivalries are being featured, but the working plan is for them to both be in-depth looks at two big rivalries from the past. Austin/Rock? Undertaker/Kane? HBK/Brett Hart?

So many possibilities.

Also, 2K will be taking a page out of NBA 2K's book by adding a MyCareer mode into WWE 2K15. This mode will allow you to take your created wrestler and work their way up through the ranks of the WWE. Expect motion captured superstars and authentic voice overs. This mode will only be on the PS4 and Xbox One.

WWE 2K15 features five times the animation data of WWE 2K14. Yes, you read that right. WWE superstars spent enough time to capture over 50 days worth of motion capture sessions at 2K's mo-cap facility. Needless to say, the game should look much better.

What do you think the two rivalries will be in 2K Showcase?

Game: WWE 2K15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 6 - View All
WWE 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 RyanLaFalce @ 08/04/14 10:54 AM
Noticed no mention of GM Career/Universe.

# 2 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLaFalce
Noticed no mention of GM Career/Universe.
Why reveal Universe in the first update. They have to update this all month long. It was supposedly confirmed on the Pre-Order listing for the strategy guide.

# 3 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/04/14 10:56 AM
Uh oh VC might be coming

# 4 friscob @ 08/04/14 10:59 AM
The usage of the name MyCareer is a bad sign for those worrying about vc making its way into the game.

# 5 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
Uh oh VC might be coming
Odds are it will be implemented for MyCareer. Worst case scenario for Universe is now we have to pay them to make changes if Universe is indeed confirmed for the game and thats even worse than not being able to make changes in WWE'13

# 6 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/04/14 11:01 AM
2k can make a lot of money with vc in wwe I'm being honest

# 7 countryboy @ 08/04/14 11:01 AM
Very intrigued by both of these new modes, especially the My Career. Hopefully you work your way through NXT instead of being immediately on RAW/Smackdown.

# 8 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Very intrigued by both of these new modes, especially the My Career. Hopefully you work your way through NXT instead of being immediately on RAW/Smackdown.
Hope unlike NBA2K you don't have the expectations to be a star during your first match.

# 9 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
2k can make a lot of money with vc in wwe I'm being honest
Yeah they can and will but is it worth it over fan backlash in the coming years if they keep it.

# 10 IowaAJ @ 08/04/14 11:04 AM
Wow this game sounds like it is going to be really good. My Career in a wrestling game could be very interesting especially with the likely voice overs like they have in NBA. I'm excited for this and rivalry mode sounds interesting too

# 11 IowaAJ @ 08/04/14 11:05 AM
Honestly some people do like VC so they can make their guy really good right away. I don't really care either way.

# 12 Shakedowncapo @ 08/04/14 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordanFan93
Hope unlike NBA2K you don't have the expectations to be a star during your first match.
With how the WWE is run now a days, that would be realistic.

# 13 countryboy @ 08/04/14 11:07 AM
Quote:
Agreed.

This mode could be very fun and engrossing if done correctly

# 14 MoneyOvaHuds @ 08/04/14 11:09 AM
You know another good thing about 2k getting wwe now is that we will get 2k share prob . Meaning we can finally download CAW's without having Xbox live and putting in a code to access online . Always thought that was stupid.

# 15 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Agreed.

This mode could be very fun and engrossing if done correctly
Yes. MyCareer in NBA2K feels very unrealistic because they have this need to make you a star as soon as you start. Your expected to be dropping 30pts a game right away. I don't know how this translates to WWE because there really is no way to gauge stats in wrestling.

# 16 Gramps91 @ 08/04/14 11:10 AM
Ok, so I have several feelings here

1. I'm happy a career mode is being established

2. Kinda lame it's for current gen only as I'm not entirely sure I'm going to get one this year

3. Showcase mode sounds lame

# 17 Shakedowncapo @ 08/04/14 11:11 AM
Quote:
Yes. MyCareer in NBA2K feels very unrealistic because they have this need to make you a star as soon as you start. Your expected to be dropping 30pts a game right away. I don't know how this translates to WWE because there really is no way to gauge stats in wrestling.
Simple...Its about how you get over with the crowd.

And shake everyones hand at the end of the night. Can't forget to do that!

# 18 JazzMan @ 08/04/14 11:12 AM
That showcase thing doesn't really sound appealing. Hopefully it doesn't push Universe out of the picture.

# 19 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
You know another good thing about 2k getting wwe now is that we will get 2k share prob . Meaning we can finally download CAW's without having Xbox live and putting in a code to access online . Always thought that was stupid.
YES.One of my real pet peeves about the THQ games was the fact you needed to have Gold to access Community Creations. That's just THQ being idiots that they would lock off content to certain people. But yeah 2K Share is gonna be good.

# 20 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/04/14 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Simple...Its about how you get over with the crowd.

And shake everyones hand at the end of the night. Can't forget to do that!
Oh right. So basically be nice

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.