Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

The first extended gameplay trailer for NBA 2K15 is here, and…Yakkem!

The trailer opens up with Ernie Johnson and Shaquille O’Neal talking in studio (in the game). From there we get an extended montage of in-game action before coming back out to a funny exchange between Johnson and Shaq on set.

What did you spy in the trailer that piqued your interest? Sound off!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 brandon623 @ 08/25/14 01:21 PM
The hair on the cheerleaders!

# 22 DirtyJerz32 @ 08/25/14 01:21 PM
Yakkem! Love Shaq and Ernie. Wish they could have gotten Chuck and Kenny too. Looks real noice though.

# 23 @marcusjiles @ 08/25/14 01:22 PM
Damn. Those a--holes. Here I am looking at Damian Lillard in Live and not being moved. Then this drops and I completely forget about what I was doing 5 minutes ago.

A lot of this is for a trailer. Im sure some of these sequences will become annoying animations but the folks at 2k can put a freaking trailer together my gawd.

Did you see the Kobe 9's DOE?!

# 24 @marcusjiles @ 08/25/14 01:23 PM
Damn, NO LOVE for Shabazz. That was so cold lol

# 25 jayman504 @ 08/25/14 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon623
The hair on the cheerleaders!
I posted in another thread...they got there Weave down like a science..lolol still laughing at it

# 26 coolcras7 @ 08/25/14 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32
Yakkem! Love Shaq and Ernie. Wish they could have gotten Chuck and Kenny too. Looks real noice though.
They probably burned that bridge with Kenny after letting him go because so many kids complained about him.

# 27 MarvinOida @ 08/25/14 01:24 PM
As a Blazer fan, I know that Dame could be wearing a headband, but damn. It's cool to see that they been keeping track of what could happen.

But at a glance, I don't think he was scanned, seems like the same Cyberface from 2K14.

Also, all shoes seem to be taller, which doesn't reflect what they are in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 28 @marcusjiles @ 08/25/14 01:25 PM
....Did they scan cheerleaders??

Dude.

# 29 SouthBeach @ 08/25/14 01:25 PM

Throwback Andrew Wiggins sighting.

# 30 solofx7 @ 08/25/14 01:25 PM
It looks great. Though it would have been cool to see 2k do what NHL is doing with the announcers, using real HD video overlaid on the game. It looks sweet. Still extra hyped for this game!!!

# 31 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/25/14 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Don't see how you could get rid of them that easily. Games need interaction animations.
I'd rather they try to put experimental midair collision animations and have it be iffy this time around and improve it next year than have me slide in place underneath a guy and lose control so he an dunk on me as we've seen in past 2k's. Obviously you won't see it in the trailers, but it's been there for years and it makes guys like Iggy way better than they should be

# 32 RipCityAndy @ 08/25/14 01:25 PM
1. Looks like the charge cheese might be toned down a bit. Will wait and see.

2. Shaq and Ernie look... odd.

3. Damian Lillard with a headband?

4. I'm actually not dreading the music selection this year.

Solid trailer.

# 33 cthurt @ 08/25/14 01:26 PM
I see Iggy's skin color was corrected, CP3's face is alot better, and I see D Rose's mini fro is in.

# 34 Jste @ 08/25/14 01:26 PM
So...we ain't gon talk about them fine a** digital cheerleaders? Lol looks great.

# 35 VDusen04 @ 08/25/14 01:26 PM
I feel instantly more drawn to 2K15 knowing there's at least one mode option that'll allow for me to play the game almost exactly how I want (the VC-less and highly customizable MyLeague). It actually makes watching trailers like this more exciting because I know the realism option will be there in some regard and all the on-court play won't have to be contradicted by gold coins, fantasy teams, cheesy storylines. I definitely like the direction I've seen thus far.

Specifically regarding the trailer, it looked as if they made a point to squash some of the shortcomings from last year - namely mascots, warmups, and cheerleaders. As I previously alluded, I liked the dunk interactions as well. Pretty good stuff here.

Also, the silence and blank stares after O'Neal originally said "Yakkem" was actually pretty darn humorous.

# 36 Peninc @ 08/25/14 01:26 PM
They've added something to the lighting. Looks pretty nice

# 37 bodymore @ 08/25/14 01:28 PM
No more 1-3-1 zone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more 1-3-1 Zones... and it's a beautiful thing with #NBA2K15's spacing. RT @ScottOGallagher: Charge Cheese? Gone! 1-3-1... GONE!

# 38 MasonOS95 @ 08/25/14 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
1. Looks like the charge cheese might be toned down a bit. Will wait and see.

2. Shaq and Ernie look... odd.

3. Damian Lillard with a headband?

4. I'm actually not dreading the music selection this year.

Solid trailer.
Lillard said he was going to wear one

# 39 RUFFNREADY @ 08/25/14 01:30 PM
At the 1:02 mark, Curry takes a 3pt, and the crowds screams out "THREE!!!" . Nice touch 2K.
cheers

# 40 King_B_Mack @ 08/25/14 01:30 PM
NBA logo back on the socks, love the Durant sleeves. Still want to see DRose's Adidas gear in the game though, not just available for MyCareer.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.