Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

EA Sports has just released their NBA Live 15 improved visuals trailer. They have also released the NBA Live 15 features list.

Let us know what you think!

Lights, Camera, Action
We’re doubling down on visuals with an all-new scanning and lightning technique for the most photo-realistic player models in franchise history. Add into the mix player specific body types and contextual emotional responses and you will truly feel like you’re in the action.

Real-Time Physics in the Paint
Feel the impact of real-time physics on every drive, post move and collision in the most trafficked area on the court. 100+ new animations make it possible for something unpredictable and amazing to happen on every play. Scoring has been amped up with 3x the variety of dunks, layups and signature shots as you impose your will on your opponent with physicality you can feel.

Ultra-Responsive Controls
Passing, shooting and dribbling will feel snappier the moment you pick up the sticks. Freestyle Passing takes your assist game to the next level with no looks, behind the backs, and more. An all-new shot feedback system teaches you how to successfully get buckets, measuring three key factors in real-time to determine shot quality. Enhancements to bounceTek allow you to make cuts and change momentum on a dime, giving you the ability to create space and pull off devastating skilled dribble moves on the run.

Smarter AI & Transition Game
New AI logic drives all 10 players to move with intent and purpose while displaying greater off-ball awareness, adjusting as every play develops. Add in a smooth transition game as well as real-world offensive sets and defensive schemes and you’ve got 48 minutes and 94 feet of end-to-end, dynamic gameplay.

Defense Is Fun
New defensive systems make it easier to contain your man by using just the left stick. Contextual physicality, bumps and jostles, in addition to a new shot blocking system, delivers simplicity in controls helping you make that big defensive stop when your team needs it most.

Learn LIVE
NBA All-Star and Former ROTY Damian Lillard is your personal coach and mentor on the journey to becoming an expert NBA LIVE 15 player. Learn how to dominate LIVE like a boss with drills and tutorials wrapped in stories about Lillard’s path to the NBA.

LIVE Season
BIG Moments just got bigger. New Hot Spot Challenges allow you to replicate game-changing moments within an hour of them happening in the real NBA. The closer you get, the more bonus points you earn. Plus, all-new featured monthly events will offer fresh challenges as they actually happen, in real-time.

LIVE Ultimate Team
The perfect combination of NBA LIVE 15 and fantasy basketball. Build your dream team of the brightest modern NBA stars and all-time legends. Compete online or take part in Fantasy Challenges to earn coins and purchase new packs of players, uniforms, contracts, and more. A new auction house adds even more opportunities to assemble the fantasy team you’ve always wanted.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Goffs @ 09/02/14 02:43 PM
Not bad....compared to last years trailer this actually got my attention. I look forward to seeing more....

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Watched it a few more times. Love this clip:

I love that the defender actually has to turn and move his feet after getting crossed, instead of sliding back into position. Hopefully we've seen the end of position sliding. I also like that he was able to cross almost immediately after the contact, so hopefully that means we won't get stuck in as many animations. If the controls are as tight as they claim, it should make for fun on both sides of the ball.
Best part of the trailer! How the defenders feet are actually planted!

# 122 alaska2k3 @ 09/02/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
I really don't understand how people think these graphics look good. Westbrook looks horrible and those Raptor players look last gen. I suppose it would look good if it was on the PS3 and Xbox 360 but not the PS4 and Xbox One

I agree the colors don't necessarily "pop" but it is an improvement over Live 14 (which left much to be desired to begin with).

This isn't from the trailer, but granted, their DWade looks better than 2K (from Steve_OS' tweet):

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 123 m1ke_nyc @ 09/02/14 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
I really don't understand how people think these graphics look good. Westbrook looks horrible and those Raptor players look last gen. I suppose it would look good if it was on the PS3 and Xbox 360 but not the PS4 and Xbox One
This looks better than any sports title that ever released on the PS3 and 360. This game looks "next gen" graphically and thats all we wanted from a visuals stand point. Is there room for improvement sure, I give them their props, they stepped it up.

# 124 da ThRONe @ 09/02/14 02:46 PM
If the biggest problem with Live 15 is a lack of color popping than where can I pre-order?

# 125 Bootzilla @ 09/02/14 02:48 PM
Hope this plays well. I think more than anything I'm suffering from 2K fatigue. My biggest issue has always been spamming the paint and a lack of floor spacing. Live 10 did a wonderful job of proper spacing even though it was bare boned in some regards.

I remember back then getting laughed at by 2K fans for liking that game. They were like "There's no tip dunks in Live. It's wack!!!! And I was thinking yeah but Luke Ridnour isn't relentlessly dribbling into the paint keeping a live dribble through traffic play after play..........

# 126 TalenT @ 09/02/14 02:48 PM
I swear...They could've posted a live feed from an actual game and some of you would still be asking for more realistic visuals. SMH

# 127 magicman32 @ 09/02/14 02:49 PM
Visually it looks a lot better. The faces look good. But that is a given, being that they finally used the scanning technology this year. Shoes look really good. Animations look improved also, but still seem to be a bit stiff. Also the colors look off and the players look ashy. Maybe it's how the video was captured. Overall it was a really good trailer.

# 128 tha_show256 @ 09/02/14 02:49 PM
I'll give praise when it's actually due...and EA (Live Team) needs to have some MAJOR PROPS for this jump and graphics!! I hope the game plays as good as it looks, including signature style, not just celebrations...I mean sig style as far jumps shots, post moves, dribble moves, etc...I'm most likely buying two basketball games this year!! Man, it's good that live is making a push again!!

Longtime Live fan...

# 129 bateman11 @ 09/02/14 02:49 PM
I seriously think some of you who have posted are losing sight of what it means for a game to look good graphically. A guy above me said it looks good for ps3/360 but not next gen?? Are you serious??

This game looks great. It looks 'life-like' so to speak. Do the graphics pop out at you like 2K? No, they don't but it wouldn't be realistic if they did. It's about attention to detail and making everything blend together. if you look at 2l14/ps4 you will see eye-popping visuals that don't blend well together. Hell the players pop out so much i get too caught up in looking at them. Not because they look extremely life-like but because they just seperate themselves from the court.

If you are a true simulation gamer you have to find this visually appealing. The player shouldn't pop off the court while you're playing from broadcast view. They definitely don't in real life.

# 130 snc237 @ 09/02/14 02:50 PM
Steps in the right direction so far.

# 131 Vni @ 09/02/14 02:50 PM
Nice improvement.

# 132 krazyboy225 @ 09/02/14 02:50 PM
I'm excited.

# 133 sega2k @ 09/02/14 02:50 PM
You to realize they completed this is less than a year..They have a whole other year to work on this and make it even better for Live 16..I'm actually more excited to see what Live 16 has to offer..B/c the sky is limit..All I asked for was competition and it seems there will be some this year...

# 134 nick_sr @ 09/02/14 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltcon
Looks on par with 2K13, can't wait to play this on PS3!
this is expected tho.... some ppl are just in denial

# 135 twogotwingz3 @ 09/02/14 02:52 PM
Shoes faces and body size get the check marks..that's about it... I see people talking physics are good, well quick question, y'all really think lil Damian Lillard will go up and body Dwight Howard and dunk on him?!?? That wasn't a blind side dunk..he went up and Debo'd Dwight... C'mon man.... And another thing body size is good ratio wise but everybody isn't ripped up wit muscle definition like that in the nba

# 136 nick_sr @ 09/02/14 02:53 PM
i watching this on youtube on the ps4 makes watching it on the laptop a joke!!!!!

ppl with concerns about graphics need to chill!!!!

# 137 nick_sr @ 09/02/14 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twogotwingz3
Shoes faces and body size get the check marks..that's about it... I see people talking physics are good, well quick question, y'all really think lil Damian Lillard will go up and body Dwight Howard and dunk on him?!?? That wasn't a blind side dunk..he went up and Debo'd Dwight... C'mon man.... And another thing body size is good ratio wise but everybody isn't ripped up wit muscle definition like that in the nba
are you saying little guys can't dunk on big guys?

do you play the other game to see how much times it happens?

# 138 bran9413 @ 09/02/14 02:58 PM
As a long time Live fan, it's good to see the huge improvement of visuals and knowing that there's going to be tons of new animations to go along with this visual improvement is even more exciting. I wouldn't worry about the washed out look because that can easily be fixed through patch or possibly before the game even comes out. I can't wait to buy the game next month and just can't imagine how incredible NBA Live 16 will be.

# 139 sega2k @ 09/02/14 02:58 PM
I wonder what they are going to release the rest of the week?? I expect the demo to drop in 2 weeks..Might be a good idea to keep the hype up by dropping gameplay each day..

# 140 nick_sr @ 09/02/14 03:02 PM
kyrie irving must be mad lol

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.