Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The Pre-Week 1 Roster Update is out for Madden NFL 15 featuring each team's final 53-man rosters. Also a new tuning update was released as well. We'll have details on both shortly!

UPDATE: EA Sports has stated the tuning update includes some user and CPU pass rush tuning.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Millennium @ 09/05/14 05:33 PM
And folks, just a heads up (as I confirmed it with Clint):

The Pass Rush Win Chance was tweaked for user teams. CPU Pass Rush was not touched.

# 82 bcruise @ 09/05/14 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkpkp
I have the same question...how do I download this tuner update?
The game will prompt you for it on startup, same as with a roster update. You can't play a game online without it.

# 83 bcruise @ 09/05/14 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium

The Pass Rush Win Chance was tweaked for user teams. CPU Pass Rush was not touched.
Interesting. So theoretically this CPU-only game I'm running in Play Now right now will probably still have a bunch of sacks?

# 84 Kramer5150 @ 09/05/14 05:40 PM
Quote:

Thanks for the info Mil,one question though.

When he said it was "tweaked" for user teams....is it only for who you are controlling?...or your CPU teammates as well.

# 85 zizoux @ 09/05/14 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
Can't you erase gameplay tuners and revert to "stock"
yes you can.

# 86 Gorilla Glass @ 09/05/14 05:58 PM
Quote:
From a conversation with developer Clint Oldenburg over Twitter, two things they fixed (not limited to, just items his team fixed) :

CPU QB's getting sacked too much (by tuning Pass Rush WIN Chance)

A Quarters blitz many referred to as being a nano (That was not actually a nano) has been tuned.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
That stinks, because I wasn't getting that many sacks against the CPU. lol

Oh well, I will have to get my stick up, even more...

# 87 leathrneck34 @ 09/05/14 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Remain calm.....all is well. Don't get worked up because we have people already ripping apart the tuner.

I have little to no doubt, Charter, Blue Ninja, TNK, Quinn, and a host of others as well as myself will be able to tweak the sliders and adjust and get this game balanced....without QB edits now that they nerfed pass rushing as was needed and demanded by the communty.

Freaking EA can't win around here....it's really annoying and downright childish.

They have made a fantastic game this year. Those who know this are enjoying the heck out of it. I know a lot of us in this great community are working to solve game tuning issues....not constantly complain about them. Constructive feedback is always welcomed...but screaming and pounding the table is really counter productive. They nerfed the pass rush....they had to. It was out of hand. So let's test some sliders and balance this game. We will get it right. Dev's test at default. We don't.

Who's with me!!!

Choose your path....either work the game to get the game you want out of it...or trade it in.

Rant over.
You my friend are a wise man... it's a tuner !! If the game isn't playing the way you want you can turn off the tuner when you create a CC or just go to your manage files and delete it after it is downloaded.

Sheesh people get al bent out of shape easy don't they ?? We have a potential "game changing GAME of football this year". Don't ruin it with your petty nonsense and use the tools we are given and get rid of the tuner if your not happy.

I'll say this. I was pumped for Madden 25 on next-gen and when I got it I played 1 week of football + I didn't even buy it till Febuary and it still looked fugly and played IMO like poop ( soggy cow paddy POOP ). This year is the " WOW " kinda fun.

This tuner only made small changes to the coding or whatever anyway and can be deleted.

End of MY rant

# 88 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 09/05/14 06:24 PM
Quote:
From a conversation with developer Clint Oldenburg over Twitter, two things they fixed (not limited to, just items his team fixed) :

CPU QB's getting sacked too much (by tuning Pass Rush WIN Chance)

A Quarters blitz many referred to as being a nano (That was not actually a nano) has been tuned.

*sigh* Pass rush was PERFECT. The problem was QB awareness. Shm now the cpu is going to have 7 seconds to throw the ball...

# 89 mjavon @ 09/05/14 06:34 PM
I just hope they get CPU QB's to throw the ball away/force passes when under pressure. That's literally the one thing that needs changed in gameplay. Instead of going 23/30 and getting sacked 8 times, they should be going 24/36 and getting sacked twice - no ridiculous accuracy/coverage/catching tweaks necessary

# 90 Outkizast @ 09/05/14 06:37 PM
In my opinion, the problem wasn't the pass rush on either side... The problem was CPU qb decision making. When they have time, they should be looking downfield if applicable, and if pressured, they needed to throw the ball away or dump it off quicker...

# 91 Millennium @ 09/05/14 06:38 PM
I believe the game plays better now (went back to All Pro Default except fatigue at 70 for testing) than it had at any point for me.

# 92 Madwolf @ 09/05/14 06:45 PM
How do you guys get so many sacks against the CPU? I'm lucky to get 1 a game. They "auto-throw" as soon as anyone gets near them. It drives me insane.

# 93 ForUntoOblivionSoar∞ @ 09/05/14 06:50 PM
Quote:
I wouldn't say it was "perfect" .... a lot of people had CPU pass blocking jacked up high to like 90 or more it was so easy to get sacks on the CPU.

Other than that it doesn't sound like they changed much.
THIS is what they should have changed, not passrush:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjavon
I just hope they get CPU QB's to throw the ball away/force passes when under pressure. That's literally the one thing that needs changed in gameplay. Instead of going 23/30 and getting sacked 8 times, they should be feW 24/36 and getting sacked twice - no ridiculous accuracy/coverage/catching tweaks necessary
I watched the dallas miami game on nfl preseason live just yesterday, and nearly every pass Tony Romo threw involved pressure that he had to dodge and throw quickly in a span of about 2 seconds. Almost every single drop back had SOMEONE getting beat by the defender and Romo having to step up or to the side. But he also was able to get the ball out his hands, and the throws werent all accurate either. But the point is he avoided sacks not because of his line, but with his arm and his legs.

# 94 orion523 @ 09/05/14 06:58 PM
Playing with a mix of Armor's/Quinn's sliders with normal speed and 50 thresh I felt the tuner offered a nice improvement. I did sack Brees twice, but several times he avoided sacks, by either throwing the ball away, or spinning away to buy some time. He also went deep 5 times(in the air over 20 yards).

# 95 m1ke_nyc @ 09/05/14 07:05 PM
Ok played first game with the tuner. 5min quarters no accel clock. Set cpu accuracy to 30 for the entire first half and 0 for the entire second half. Matt Cassell the cpu QB went 12-14 for 89 yards. He threw only 1 inaccurate pass. His other incompletion was on the money to his receiver it just tipped off his hands and into one of my DBs for a pick. Cassell threw only 2 passes beyond 5 yards, 1 was for about 9 yards the other was about 25 yards down field and that was the interception but again it tipped off the receivers hands. Those 2 incompletions came in the second half. Just 1 game but so far I personally still dont see the inaccurate passes and the QB still taking nothing but check downs. Small sample size though. Just 1 game on 5 minute quarters. As far as sacks go had 3 for the game all by Jared Allen, cpu sacked me once.

Quote:
I wouldn't say it was "perfect" .... a lot of people had CPU pass blocking jacked up high to like 90 or more it was so easy to get sacks on the CPU.

Other than that it doesn't sound like they changed much.
Thats because for some reason in this game alot of the sliders barely even work. Ive had cpu accuracy at 0 for most of my games and the cpu still completed 80% of their passes.

# 96 oakevin @ 09/05/14 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
Booted up Madden today and was thrown into the Panthers-Seahawks sequence cinematic sequence for some reason. Then it made me choose my favorite team once I hit the menus, and gave me the whole Cam Newton intro all over again. Yep, then I was thrown into skills trainer, where it says that I have none of the drills completed even though I earned at least 5 PS trophies via the skills trainer multiple days ago. Just a whooooooole bunch of BS going on here.
Had it happen to my profile and my brothers. Just went ahead and sold it. Tired of this crap every year.

# 97 BadAssHskr @ 09/05/14 07:21 PM
Up until now i had been playing on very slow, thinking it was really moving pretty good. First game today, i had to bump it up to slow to replicate what i was used too. Might have to even go to normal.

# 98 m1ke_nyc @ 09/05/14 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
Up until now i had been playing on very slow, thinking it was really moving pretty good. First game today, i had to bump it up to slow to replicate what i was used too. Might have to even go to normal.
Normal actually plays pretty good this year. I was a guy who played on slow but normal seems right atleast for me.

# 99 iam2tone @ 09/05/14 07:28 PM
can u please put derek cox on the ravens secondary, i mean really, im sick of playin wit c.brown, fix this

# 100 KrazyJvilleD @ 09/05/14 07:34 PM
so many things wrong with the jaguars roster its disgusting

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.