Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The Pre-Week 1 Roster Update is out for Madden NFL 15 featuring each team's final 53-man rosters. Also a new tuning update was released as well. We'll have details on both shortly!

UPDATE: EA Sports has stated the tuning update includes some user and CPU pass rush tuning.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 charter04 @ 09/05/14 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SECElit3
My biggest issue is the nerf to the human running game. The holes were huge on default AP.

Play a game on default AM. It's much better then before on AM IMO. You may play and totally disagree but, I liked how it played. I'm about play a play now game to get more of a feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 122 charter04 @ 09/05/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
I'm going to keep playing but here is one half of stats from my first game after the tuner....

Baltimore 17 Cincinnati 14

Flacco 19-20-251 yards and I have 7 sacks.

Worst of all, Baltimore is driving inside my 25 yard line with 11 seconds left and a time out towards the end of the half. They call the usual 4 verticals play, complete the underneath route and let the clock run out without using the time out to kick the FG.

What difficulty is that on?

# 123 Davon_A_Brown @ 09/05/14 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Was just playing Texans-Bills and put game speed on slow, even though I think the game plays good on normal speed have to say the animations still play out alot better on slow.

It's true, but I think game speed is in some way tied to difficulty. I started a CFM and the default options were Pro/Slow. When I moved the difficulty up to All Pro the game speed automatically moved up to Normal.

# 124 Ijeswannaknow @ 09/05/14 09:42 PM
Can someone tell EA that the QB signature styles in Madden 15 are not working or applying...and the stat banners wipe away too fast to read all the stats during CFM...please fix. Thank you.

# 125 Gotmadskillzson @ 09/05/14 09:45 PM
Played a few games, they definitely nerfed the defense. IMO the CPU don't even play defense until the 4th quarter. Played on default All Pro, the running game definitely was made easier, the holes at times are HUGE up the middle, especially for the CPU. Stretch plays and outside zone runs are a lot easier to run now as well.

Pass rush doesn't exist unless you or the CPU blitz until the second half of the game. Even then most of the sacks come from the CPU QB either running directly into the defender or tripping over their own offensive lineman feet. I noticed for the human it is a hell of a lot easier to scramble now, especially in the 1st 3 quarters of the game because like I said the CPU don't play defense until the 4th quarter.

The CPU is able to convert 3rd downs at an insane high rate now. Don't matter if it is 3rd and 22, the CPU seems to always find somebody open for the first down most of the time. Both the CPU and human have way more time in the pocket to throw now. There is an increase in flags, however most of them are roughing the passer and false start against the CPU. I noticed on 3rd down you seem to get flagged for roughing the passer quite a bit.

Pursuit by the defense has been toned down. CPU WRs are more aggressive after the catch now. Human WRs still don't fight for the ball. CPU love to abuse inside slants all game long. Inside, outside, under and over the top shades either don't work or they are backwards. Because I swear when I press over the top, they go underneath, I press inside, they go outside. Play the sticks don't work what so ever.

CPU RBs are more aggressive. CPU punt returners how ever are still brain dead as ever. Seems to be a lot of injuries per a game now. Every RB human and CPU controlled seems to break the 1st tackle at least 98% of the time now. Screens finally work for both the CPU and human. Out of the games I played, didn't see a sack on a screen. Screen blocking however seems to be bad. Also CPU RB on screens don't follow their blockers, majority of the time they simply run right passed their blockers and end up getting tackled.

Maybe just me, but it seems like now I have quite amount of time on defense to pick my plays and make adjustments. I don't feel rushed like I did before pre-tuner. I also feel as though the stiff arm animation comes out too slow.

CPU QB completion percentages is still sky high. I saw maybe 2 or 3 off target throws per a game. With 1 of the off target throws always being a bullet pass thrown 5 feet above the WR head. CPU QB does do a much better job moving around the pocket, however they trip over their own linemen feet too much or they simply get stuck on their linemen's back. Which you know RBs in this game, human and CPU controlled also get stuck in their offensive linemen's back way too much. Sad thing is, you don't have control over it, it is like as soon as you take control of the RB, the RB is sucked into the back of a blocker automatically, regardless what direction you are a pressing on the stick. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough every game that I notice it. It is as though offensive linemen have giant electro magnets in their backs or something.

# 126 charter04 @ 09/05/14 09:49 PM
Another change they didn't mention is all the players pictures are the same size in the opening line up graphic at the beginning of the game. At least in online cfm they are

# 127 Cowboy008 @ 09/05/14 09:57 PM
If you're doing a solo online CFM do you have to have the tuner update or can you play with out it?

# 128 saybur @ 09/05/14 10:02 PM
I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but through 2 CFM games since the update, I've had 6 and then 7 sacks. This is on All-Pro with CPU pass block up to 65 and not user controlling any DLinemen.

Is anyone else still seeing too many sacks?

# 129 therizing02 @ 09/05/14 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
What difficulty is that on?

Same settings I've been using for the last week, AP Default with INTs at 25 for both.

Flacco finished 30-34-388. Two incomplete passes were because I hit him as he was throwing, another was an INT, and the fourth was a drop. I had 10 sacks and none of them were user sacks because I never rush the passer.

Only one game, but this was the worst game I've had of M15 since I got it. I have some opinions as to why, but I am going to do my best to get through at least two more games before I comment.

# 130 PhiPsi1 @ 09/05/14 10:17 PM
Was asked by a fellow member (kehlis) to place my thread question here....

@All Maddenites -

I have been hearing contradictory thoughts on tuner updates being applied to the 'OFFLINE' CFM. Unfortunately, I am not a Playstation Plus member, so wanted to check (& confirm) if the tuner updates will be applied to 'OFFLINE' CFM. I downloaded the Tuner Update and really hope it is applied. I know that offline CFM will still have jacked up stats (but I know a patch will be out soon to address that), but its my only option for now.

Any information would be great! Armor & Sword was kind enough to confirm that it should, but a couple of members said it may not....So any feedback would be awesome!

Cheers fellas!

# 131 BL8001 @ 09/05/14 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymeeAwesome
Explain the kickoff thing you mentioned. I'd expect 65% of the kickoffs to be unreturnable. Are you saying kicking it into the wind winded up on the 8 yard line is a good thing?

It was good to me yes because pre tuner I saw 99% of the kick offs kicked deep into the end zone. The shorter KO could also be because I put all sliders on 50.

But the CPU kicked that one to the 8 and later in the game with the wind, what little there was, blowing the same way they kicked it to the back of the end zone.

On the flip side of ST the CPU seems to have forgotten how to coffin corner punt.

All I want out of special teams is more randomness. Missed FG's, hit the post and in, hit the post and out, muffed and shanked punts, blown lane assignments, the very rare mishandled snap, blocks! A punt to back up, A returner to reverse field, etc.

# 132 booker21 @ 09/05/14 10:57 PM
Attachment 82042

Tuner didn't work very well for me.

5 sacks in only 1 half??????
Qb get sack when he want to go.deep and nobody is wide open. He get sack instead of trying the 1on1 situation or at least. Throw it away.

Why tuner is not working at all.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

# 133 RogueHominid @ 09/05/14 11:06 PM
This thread reminds me of the chicken little story ...

The game seems fine to me. Armor's sliders, some basic house rules, and this is easily the best Madden game I've seen, even after the tuner.

But to each his own, I suppose.

The sky is falling.

# 134 chino22 @ 09/05/14 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
Still no god dam injuries.. so when you start up as niners you gotta keep guys like Dorsey and Hunter and Smith... and the guys you have to release to carry them around will disappear in the free agents pathetic EA just pathetic why bother having a pre existing injury set to Off if you don't have any!!!!
This is super frustrating. So, if we start a CFM the Rams will still have Sam Bradford starting and nonsense like that. Brutal. And apparently, this can't be fixed by a tuner either. It requires a patch...

# 135 Bull_Market @ 09/05/14 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Played a few games, they definitely nerfed the defense. IMO the CPU don't even play defense until the 4th quarter. Played on default All Pro, the running game definitely was made easier, the holes at times are HUGE up the middle, especially for the CPU. Stretch plays and outside zone runs are a lot easier to run now as well.

Pass rush doesn't exist unless you or the CPU blitz until the second half of the game. Even then most of the sacks come from the CPU QB either running directly into the defender or tripping over their own offensive lineman feet. I noticed for the human it is a hell of a lot easier to scramble now, especially in the 1st 3 quarters of the game because like I said the CPU don't play defense until the 4th quarter.

The CPU is able to convert 3rd downs at an insane high rate now. Don't matter if it is 3rd and 22, the CPU seems to always find somebody open for the first down most of the time. Both the CPU and human have way more time in the pocket to throw now. There is an increase in flags, however most of them are roughing the passer and false start against the CPU. I noticed on 3rd down you seem to get flagged for roughing the passer quite a bit.

Pursuit by the defense has been toned down. CPU WRs are more aggressive after the catch now. Human WRs still don't fight for the ball. CPU love to abuse inside slants all game long. Inside, outside, under and over the top shades either don't work or they are backwards. Because I swear when I press over the top, they go underneath, I press inside, they go outside. Play the sticks don't work what so ever.

CPU RBs are more aggressive. CPU punt returners how ever are still brain dead as ever. Seems to be a lot of injuries per a game now. Every RB human and CPU controlled seems to break the 1st tackle at least 98% of the time now. Screens finally work for both the CPU and human. Out of the games I played, didn't see a sack on a screen. Screen blocking however seems to be bad. Also CPU RB on screens don't follow their blockers, majority of the time they simply run right passed their blockers and end up getting tackled.

Maybe just me, but it seems like now I have quite amount of time on defense to pick my plays and make adjustments. I don't feel rushed like I did before pre-tuner. I also feel as though the stiff arm animation comes out too slow.

CPU QB completion percentages is still sky high. I saw maybe 2 or 3 off target throws per a game. With 1 of the off target throws always being a bullet pass thrown 5 feet above the WR head. CPU QB does do a much better job moving around the pocket, however they trip over their own linemen feet too much or they simply get stuck on their linemen's back. Which you know RBs in this game, human and CPU controlled also get stuck in their offensive linemen's back way too much. Sad thing is, you don't have control over it, it is like as soon as you take control of the RB, the RB is sucked into the back of a blocker automatically, regardless what direction you are a pressing on the stick. Doesn't happen all the time, but it happens enough every game that I notice it. It is as though offensive linemen have giant electro magnets in their backs or something.
Funny, I echoed some of this same stuff at noon today and I got the "placebo" back talk. Ive been playing Madden since '93. I know what I see when I see it and post-tuner the game has an all too familiar feel, and thats not a good thing.

# 136 sportyguyfl31 @ 09/05/14 11:24 PM
So am I correct in assuming this is only impacting human-cpu play?

Online, things seem to as they have been..passrush wise.

# 137 booker21 @ 09/05/14 11:30 PM
After another game. I think the tune they did affect how the defence break blocks. They have more time fighting the block and this cause the running game to be easier.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

# 138 BadAssHskr @ 09/05/14 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
EA CFm really F'''k up the depth charts. Chicago's LOLB Jones you can't even put on the depth chart in CFM he doesn't show up as a option even though he is a LB
Im having trouble understanding. You started a cfm with a full roster in preseason, and Jones isnt even on the depth chart.

So is he off the roster entirely, or do you have the chance as a coach or owner to promote him to playing time?

# 139 Muhuff @ 09/05/14 11:35 PM
This game has had the same issues for years. Each year it gets a visual upgrade, the online community is happy, but the simulation human vs com play is awful. The fact that someone has to spend time "adjusting sliders" for days just to get a halfway decent game from the CPU is ridiculous. Even more ridiculous is the fact sliders never work properly or have little influence. Wouldn't it make things easier if the sliders actually worked and had an effect? Then we could all customize a challenge for ourselves.

# 140 extremeskins04 @ 09/05/14 11:48 PM
I'm having some GREAT games with my fantasy drafted Patriots. I'm currently 4-3 and I've never had more than 4 sacks per game TOTAL for both teams. Using Armor's sliders and QB edit rosters.

The tuner today didn't really do much that I've noticed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.