Home
Madden NFL 15 News Post

The Pre-Week 1 Roster Update is out for Madden NFL 15 featuring each team's final 53-man rosters. Also a new tuning update was released as well. We'll have details on both shortly!

UPDATE: EA Sports has stated the tuning update includes some user and CPU pass rush tuning.

Game: Madden NFL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 42 - View All
Madden NFL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 reyes the roof @ 09/05/14 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
EA CFm really F'''k up the depth charts. Chicago's LOLB Jones you can't even put on the depth chart in CFM he doesn't show up as a option even though he is a LB
I ran in to an issue with him too. I started my CFM and he had an Achilles injury and was shown as out for 0 weeks, and every week that went by, it never changed. Then I finished the pre-season and he was still injured for 0 weeks and it wouldn't let me put him on the depth chart. I went to the injury report and it wouldn't let me place him on IR either, it just showed him out for 0 weeks with an Achilles injury

# 142 andyo1980 @ 09/06/14 12:14 AM
I'm getting just as many sacks as before, I wonder if I have to start a new Franchise for the tuner to work.

# 143 booker21 @ 09/06/14 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyo1980
I'm getting just as many sacks as before, I wonder if I have to start a new Franchise for the tuner to work.
Nope. I just started a CFM.first game az vs charges. I sack the CPU 6 times. This tuner didn't fix the issue with sacks. Period.

For those using the qb edits. The idea with this tuner is to avoid having to use a workaround like that. So don't post results if you are still using qb edits.

Hopefully EA patch the game. Sacks are annoying. And i m suppouse to get happy when they happens but I'm saying out loud. Please don't sack the qb please don't sack the qb. Damn it!

You get the point

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

# 144 The JareBear @ 09/06/14 12:55 AM
I'm not a fan of the changes to the user block shed success. It worked fine before. The issue isn't the CPUs time in the pocket. It's how the CPU behaves in the pocket.

This tuner did not help the game, IMO.

Online games have bee negatively affected by the tuner, IMO. Pressure isn't as consistent and outside runs are being spammed again now that the blocks aren't being she'd as they should be.

Disappointed

# 145 booker21 @ 09/06/14 12:57 AM
AP default. 3 sacks in a row. Penalties at default. I'm done with the tuner. Waiting for the real patch. I can't stand the qb play right now. Curls vs zone is a automatic sack.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

# 146 satchmykels @ 09/06/14 01:45 AM
6 sacks in my first post-tuner game, 3 by the guy I was controlling. Linemen seemed harder to get around, pre-tuner I was getting double digit sacks and 5 or 6 with the guy I was controlling. Have pass blocking at 70 right now, probably gonna bump it up to 80 and see how that works.

# 147 Gagnon39 @ 09/06/14 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
The issue isn't the CPUs time in the pocket. It's how the CPU behaves in the pocket.
This is EXACTLY right. When the QB is getting pressure he should throw it with much less accuracy resulting in a lower completion percentage. This does two things. First it lowers the sack totals because, well, the quarterback got rid of the ball. Secondly, it lowers the CPU QB's passing percentage, which is also a positive.

I really don't like how they just simply gave the QB's more time in the pocket basically.

# 148 BZito75 @ 09/06/14 02:11 AM
Hey all, I've been reading the civil war going on in here and figured I'd add my two cents lol.

Outside of qb accuracy and interceptions, I don't think any slider should be moved from default. Before I get yelled at, hear me out. The last 2 years we have all said the penalty sliders have a huge effect on gameplay and yet penalties are never called. Interesting right? Well think about what each penalty actually controls.

A lower setting for the specific penalty and in theory it will never be called which means the virtual player would be more inclined to abuse the infraction.

Example: sacks are too high + qb sits in the pocket too long begging to be sacked = lower intentional grounding penalty. The lower the setting the happier the qb feet become and they will throw it away while in the tackle box knowing it won't be called.

Running game now too easy? Raise holding and clipping. In theory if the penalty will be called 100% of the time! then the player would be more gun shy to attempt it.

I might be very wrong, but I just feel some of the issues we are all having can be fixed with just a penalty tweak.

# 149 raiderphantom @ 09/06/14 04:45 AM
So far this game does look very buggy and I'm not happy but I'm not going to rip EA apart either. I think this game can be fantastic if they can get these patches out that can fix numerous issues. However, at the moment, this game is unplayable to me.

# 150 raiderphantom @ 09/06/14 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman_legend
I like that the running game got easier :-)
I didn't track my stats but the run game seemed fine to me. It takes some getting used to the ball carrier and you actually seem to need a good OL. I did a fantasy draft and took AP and an OL full of 90's players and I was shredding defenses on all pro. I've been able to run fairly well with the raiders on all pro as well. I haven't touched AM though so maybe that's where some people are seeing issues.

I like it better than some past madden games where blitzing linebackers would just go straight for the qb so run blitzes could be useless at times and when the cpu would be desperate to get a stop it would blow up in their face as you ripped off a big gain.

# 151 kchuskey @ 09/06/14 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZito75
Hey all, I've been reading the civil war going on in here and figured I'd add my two cents lol.

Outside of qb accuracy and interceptions, I don't think any slider should be moved from default. Before I get yelled at, hear me out. The last 2 years we have all said the penalty sliders have a huge effect on gameplay and yet penalties are never called. Interesting right? Well think about what each penalty actually controls.

A lower setting for the specific penalty and in theory it will never be called which means the virtual player would be more inclined to abuse the infraction.

Example: sacks are too high + qb sits in the pocket too long begging to be sacked = lower intentional grounding penalty. The lower the setting the happier the qb feet become and they will throw it away while in the tackle box knowing it won't be called.

Running game now too easy? Raise holding and clipping. In theory if the penalty will be called 100% of the time! then the player would be more gun shy to attempt it.

I might be very wrong, but I just feel some of the issues we are all having can be fixed with just a penalty tweak.

I have intentional grounding at 10, and I had 7 sacks in the first half my last game, as the Chiefs vs Bengals. Yhat is with new roster, and the tuner.

# 152 GlennonTheGr8 @ 09/06/14 05:06 AM
So annoying. I was having the most challenging, fun time I have ever had on Madden and now it just feels easy. I had 37 points with the eagles by half time, prior to the tuner update, I had never managed to hit that mark after a full game... I didn't just put the game down for a few hours and become an elite player via a recharge to my batteries either. The last time I played my franchise I was 21-6 down in a play off game. No doubt I'll turn that deficit around. This isn't a bash at EA either, it's more a bash at these cry babies who have been moaning about how 'brutal' madden is. EA can't win but it seems in not alone in my fear that they've spoiled it for the foreseeable. This could be like fight night champion all over again!

# 153 zizoux @ 09/06/14 05:09 AM
I was kind of expecting that they'd nerf the running game. I've seen a couple of threads here about it being very difficult etc. Idk about the social media but I'm sure they've got a lot of complaints. I will remove the tuner now. I hope they fix it with a patch but highly doubt it. I suppose a lot of people are now content with the running game, so that's what matters for EA.

# 154 GlennonTheGr8 @ 09/06/14 05:11 AM
Is there any way that I can remove the tuner at all??

# 155 FluffyTonka @ 09/06/14 05:25 AM
what they need is sliders that actually work and have an effect.

that way the people thinking running was hard, can cheese with more ease, and everyone else can leave it default.

post tuner I've found all it's done has given qb's more time in the pocket and pass rushing less effective. like everyone has said, that was never the issue the issue was qb AI not picking up blitzes and acting on it.

QB's should be calling more screens, PA's, bootlegs, slants, read options and throwing it away etc etc ... instead it feels like EA gives the qb's more time in the pocket, because to be blunt, that's much easier than developing and programming QB AI.

Kaep just lit me up with a 144.1 passer rating, 88% completions and 3 TD's because he had half an hour in the pocket.

# 156 zizoux @ 09/06/14 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennonTheGr8
Is there any way that I can remove the tuner at all??
On Ps4
Settings > App. Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage > Delete > Madden 15 > Tuning update

# 157 GlennonTheGr8 @ 09/06/14 05:48 AM
Ok thanks... I'm just so happy that I can remove the tuner update. This almost killed the game in my opinion but each to their own.

# 158 phillyfan23 @ 09/06/14 05:53 AM
the hunan running game is significantly easier....but i think it is better. I had user rrun block at 45 before the tuner and i played a lot of test.games using the bears against tthe niners. couldn't get anything going.

with the tuner....100 yard game. Just lowered tthe run block to 20 and it is back to.pretuner difficulty. thank god tthis slider works...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

# 159 RogueHominid @ 09/06/14 06:23 AM
Just played my week one opener in online CFM with the new tuner and had an amazing 20-14 win over the Jets.

The game felt like a perfect reflection of each team's offense/defense.

Carr was inconsistent, but managed 2 TDs, one on an amazing 87 yard catch and run by Streater on a comeback route against a heavy blitz w/ no safety help. We relied on a steady dose of MJD (18-60-3.3 YPC) and played field position ball using King's strong leg and calling a very conservative game in pressure situations.

Smith was also inconsistent. He went on a tear early on, completing like 7 or 8 in a row to put the Jets up 14-10 late in the first half, but he pressed too often, missed open reads, and threw 4 INTs. He took 3 shots downfield, which was nice to see given comments on the passing game.

They had good balance on the ground, with Johnson scoring twice and Smith breaking out for two really nice scrambles under pressure.

Their defense did what it does, sacking me 3 times and hitting me several more on quick pressures.

All in all, this was one of the most enjoyable single games I've ever played. It felt very strategic and quite authentic to the teams involved. Loving it!

# 160 kb0731 @ 09/06/14 06:58 AM
For everyone saying that running the ball is easier now just lower your run block sliders and the CPU will get off there blocks easier which in turn will make your running game harder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.