Home
NHL 15 News Post

(This post has been promoted to the homepage. Written by NHL 15 Producer, Sean Ramjagsingh)

Thanks for being part of this journey as we head into the launch of NHL 15 on the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, the start of a new generation of hockey videogames. We’re incredibly proud of the next-generation gameplay and presentation experience we’ve created for all our fans. From the Next-Generation Hockey Player and True Hockey Physics to the Unrivalled In-Arena Experience and a revolution in Broadcast Presentation, I’m extremely proud of what our team has delivered in one year on new technology. The focus on a new gameplay and presentation engine will not only deliver a great game now, but also give us the foundation to deliver next-generation hockey experiences to you for the years to come.

However, we’re not done. We’re committed to keeping the experience fresh throughout the hockey season, in addition to the roster and ratings updates you’ve always received, the list below contains the free content updates for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 we’re working on and our expected window on when you will see them in the game:

September:

Playoff Mode
Create a custom offline tournament bracket with up to 16 teams from any of the 12 leagues in the game. Play or simulate each game and track player and team stats throughout the tournament.

Be A Pro - Coach Feedback
Get the coach’s feedback while you are on the bench. The coach will give you tips on how to stay on top of your game and grade you on your play.

3 Stars of the Game
At the end of the game, see the three stars and their high level stats. Will apply to every game mode.

Hockey Ultimate Team
Several content updates, including:
• Changed layout and navigation in HUT store
• New animations for player items
• Improved edit lines screen to better identify players that are injured or require contract extensions

October:

Online Team Play
Online multiplayer mode where every player on the ice can be human controlled.

GM Draft
For the first time in the NHL franchise, you will be put on the clock and feel the pressure like real NHL GM’s. You will now only have 3 minutes to make a draft pick. If the pressure is too much, you can also call timeouts to extend the amount of time you have to make a draft pick or potentially negotiate a trade. You can make trades at any time during the draft. The CPU will also propose trades to each other and the user throughout the draft.

------

As always your feedback is fundamental to how we make NHL better and better, so we will also be looking to what you want to see implemented in the game.

Thanks
Sean

Game: NHL 15Reader Score: 6.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
NHL 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 JezFranco @ 09/09/14 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
AGREED!! Be forthcoming and honest, let the consumer know that due to time constraints, new technology struggles......whatever.....we have to leave out these itemized feature/modes and as a result we are reducing the price of NHL 15 to $29.

I think that's fair because it's half the game NHL 14 was, so half the price.
And then what? Charge us for the DLC/Patches, or simple not give us any patches?

I am really really dissapointed with how things have gone, but I think we must understand that they can't put it out at half price.
Perhaps slightly reduced.

For me personally, it'll be the first NHL game that I don't buy on day one.
I will see how things pan out, and perhaps I'll even buy a used copy depending on what features are actually coming back, and I'm going to be roaming the internet for confirmation that things are working after patching.

But for me, no Season, no GMC and no custom camera makes this game completely useless for now.

# 182 1908_Cubs @ 09/09/14 06:54 AM
Yeah this isn't a day one purchase right now. There isn't enough to do. You can basically play now, or play a season mode in the guise of a GM mode (which, without the option to draft your own players or play the AHL games isn't a GM mode. It's a season mode).

But c'mon, the fact that they're at least listening some is encouraging, and points to the idea that maybe all of this wasn't the Dev team's oversight. It makes it far more plausible that EA pushed for HUT over these options and/or just weren't given the manpower necessary.

Maybe in October or November when they roll out the additions and the game sees a $39.99 reduction at Target or something I'll buy it, because it's getting closer to value. There's a game here...its just...empty right now.

# 183 MizzouRah @ 09/09/14 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlerpaul
Yes, the mode is there at launch. It is missing a few things like drafting which will be added in October
I wasn't clear.. I know the mode is there.. but when drafting is added, will it work with current BeaGM or will we have to start all over again?

# 184 JsMcbain @ 09/09/14 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I wasn't clear.. I know the mode is there.. but when drafting is added, will it work with current BeaGM or will we have to start all over again?
THAT is the question I had as well... if I had to bet the update will only affect the core files not the save files so we would have to start a new one... hope I am wrong though

# 185 MizzouRah @ 09/09/14 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsMcbain
THAT is the question I had as well... if I had to bet the update will only affect the core files not the save files so we would have to start a new one... hope I am wrong though
Yeah I hope you're wrong too.. I'm not waiting until October to start a BeaGM.. I guess if we have to start over, so be it. I have a feeling if they do patch this game (which I still have my doubts) we might be waiting until hockey is deep into its real season.

# 186 Qb @ 09/09/14 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mkheidze
Ah...I do see your point with the metaphor. However I absolutely disagree about the trolling. I was simply expressing my disbelief in the flip-flop I am seeing by some folks after being thrown a bone. So long as I am respectful, I see no reason why it would be considered trolling. Or am I missing something?
To me, the second part gave the entire post a mocking tone. I don't like to see the forum take on a toxic air due to polarizing comments that divide the community. People shouldn't be put on the defensive because they're buying, just like critical posters shouldn't be harangued by "positive" posters. No matter how strongly you feel about the issue, you must be able to accept that someone else can take the opposing view.

# 187 adayinthelife @ 09/09/14 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoos
I've got a bad feeling that outside of the stuff mentioned in the OP we are not going to see any extra modes or features being added in to NHL 15. Statements as those above just scream NHL 16 or NHL 17.

I'm personally waiting it out to see if they prove me wrong. But as it stands, the game as is on day one plus the content mentioned by EA still does not equate to a $60 purchase for me!!
I think you nailed it here. Honestly, I don't know that it's a bad thing at this point. We already know what have (or don't have) with NHL 15. I'm all for updates, but the last thing I want to see is these guys still trying to polish this turd in November rather than work on making 16 as good and full featured as it can be. It's a bad situation no matter how you slice it, but I'd prefer to have a lacklustre 15 and decent 16 vs. having 2 half baked titles in a row.

There's a saying in my industry (image making), "sh*t in, sh*t out", and I think it applies here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
To me, the second part gave the entire post a mocking tone. I don't like to see the forum take on a toxic air due to polarizing comments that divide the community. People shouldn't be put on the defensive because they're buying, just like critical posters shouldn't be harangued by "positive" posters. No matter how strongly you feel about the issue, you must be able to accept that someone else can take the opposing view.
Off topic, but I just want to give Qb a quick thumbs up. It's nice to see a mod giving a warning and explanation/conversation vs. an outright ban.

# 188 theeze @ 09/09/14 10:02 AM
So the NHL team had a full year and still excuse their code being legacy? What the hell did they do for a year?

I did buy the game and it feels a lot like last gen, yes the commentary is different, but the hitting, the money goals, the super powered catch-up AI on superstar when the AI is losing.

When you skipped NHL 14 for PS4/Xbox, I thought for sure you guys were trying ti bring out the best.

This gen and last gen are the reason I'm not into gaming as much. The constant BS, the purposely removing features and labeling it as DLC. Why are we paying $70 for an unfinished product?

I really miss 2K sports' NHL series, EA does not give a crap about quality or quantity, I skipped last year's entry so I needed my NHL fix, but it's more of the same, definitely skipping next year's game.

# 189 neither76 @ 09/09/14 10:03 AM
I understand bringing everything in the series to next gen is a daunting task. However, the little things that were left out is what disappoints me. Things that are listed above and well anywhere at this point. For me I play BaP heavily. So things like simulating to your next shift is a big deal or maybe playing in the chl up to the draft. That couldn't have been to difficult EA. Or the draft issues for BaGM. These are simple things! Not entire game modes. If these could be patched I would be way happier especially shift simming. The coach feed back is cool but takes all of 13 sec to read maybe. I can't play a game in real time cause it would take to long. So shortening periods changes stats for me and teammates. I pay attention to these things. Patch the little things if you can! Please.

# 190 Drakar @ 09/09/14 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yes. I bought it. It didn't mean I am less critical about the game than any other member of this board. I made a decision that I was willing to live with the shortcoming and hoping EA will add content. In the meantime, there's this little game call "Destiny" that I will go play with my friends.

# 191 EdgeOfThorns @ 09/09/14 11:13 AM
Here are my questions, are many people who love OTP/BAP planning to stick with 14 currently?

When they speak about the OTP patch in, they aren't referring to the fact you can create your pro and play, they mean OTP with current rosters, correct?

# 192 Qb @ 09/09/14 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeOfThorns
When they speak about the OTP patch in, they aren't referring to the fact you can create your pro and play, they mean OTP with current rosters, correct?
Yes, the OTP update will feature 5v5 play using NHL teams/players. We haven't been told anything beyond that, but we know it won't be with created pros or clubs.

# 193 EdgeOfThorns @ 09/09/14 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Yes, the OTP update will feature 5v5 play using NHL teams/players. We haven't been told anything beyond that, but we know it won't be with created pros or clubs.
Ok thats what i figured. My dilemma still sits with wondering how active 14 will still be on 360. I wish 15 on 360 at least got SOME changes that mattered, but i havent found to much to show that it got really any changes.

What a sad situation. When they skipped last year, i was SO excited this year...i dont think ive been this let down for a game in my last 20 years of gaming.

# 194 SGMRock @ 09/09/14 12:13 PM
Edit players seems to be the biggest thing missing from this list of things the are adding back into the game via patch. I hope that's on their list, if not it needs to be.

# 195 Hokie200proof @ 09/09/14 01:41 PM
Have they said if these updates are coming out for PS3 or 360 versions as well?

If not, from what I can tell, they tweaked the gameplay of '14 and about nothing else. If these other add-ons aren't coming for the 3rd gen consoles, '15 is completely worthless.

# 196 s_mkheidze @ 09/09/14 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
That is fair enough....I was not intentionally attempting to taunt or mock. My wife does tell me that my metaphors can be a wee bit harsh. I suppose this is one of those times where text tends to be misinterpreted without physical cues to help one interpret the actual intention.

I appreciate the fact that you were willing to have a discussion about this rather than just get all punitive-like.

# 197 angelstrout @ 09/09/14 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs
Yeah this isn't a day one purchase right now. There isn't enough to do. You can basically play now, or play a season mode in the guise of a GM mode (which, without the option to draft your own players or play the AHL games isn't a GM mode. It's a season mode).

But c'mon, the fact that they're at least listening some is encouraging, and points to the idea that maybe all of this wasn't the Dev team's oversight. It makes it far more plausible that EA pushed for HUT over these options and/or just weren't given the manpower necessary.

Maybe in October or November when they roll out the additions and the game sees a $39.99 reduction at Target or something I'll buy it, because it's getting closer to value. There's a game here...its just...empty right now.

Be a GM is not Season mode, reason is we can't control all teams and make authentic trades. Unless this gets patch in I won't purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 198 1908_Cubs @ 09/09/14 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelstrout
Be a GM is not Season mode, reason is we can't control all teams and make authentic trades. Unless this gets patch in I won't purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I meant "Season Mode" as in the old-school idea of season mode: a one-off year in which you played 82 games, not in the idea of full-team-full-season control. Excuse the mishap in language.

I was calling GM mode stripped to the core of what season mode on, say, NHL94 would be akin to.

# 199 drog1602 @ 09/09/14 09:37 PM
No EASHL, No Season mode, No player editing, No custom Ai = No Buy

# 200 drog1602 @ 09/09/14 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeOfThorns
Ok thats what i figured. My dilemma still sits with wondering how active 14 will still be on 360. I wish 15 on 360 at least got SOME changes that mattered, but i havent found to much to show that it got really any changes.

What a sad situation. When they skipped last year, i was SO excited this year...i dont think ive been this let down for a game in my last 20 years of gaming.
I know my club and a few others I have talked with are staying on NHL14, also getting FIFA15

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.