Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

A couple of NBA Live 15 gameplay videos have popped up on Instagram this morning.

Video #1

Video #2

Thanks to @tdawgsmitty!

UPDATE: Looks like the videos have been deleted.

UPDATE #2: NotYourAverageFlight has uploaded the videos to his YouTube channel.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 snocone @ 09/10/14 08:37 PM
Even if it is going to be an option, I can't understand why it wouldn't be on be default. If you have an important feature like that which makes the difference between whether the game plays realistic or not, how can you default it to be unrealistic if you're trying to make a sim game.

# 122 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/14 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
At first I just laughed and smh at this thinking "typical Tiburon" but then I remembered how I'm always harping on "sim" options being a good thing. I constantly give Tiburon deserved grief for failing to provide options to make Madden capable of being both as realistic as possible for those that find that fun and traditional/legacy game play for others that enjoy that.

So considering that, I can jive with Tiburon providing an option like this and think it's an improvement over trying to create the one mode fits all, like in the past. Especially considering NBA Live 15 will not have sliders.

Options are always a good thing...

It's just that i'm not quite sure what the point of having the option to turn it off is, lol

# 123 aholbert32 @ 09/10/14 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

It's just that i'm not quite sure what the point of having the option to turn it off is, lol
That's my point. Sim players and arcade players both want off ball movement. Who the hell doesn't want off ball movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 124 amedawg00 @ 09/10/14 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
That's my point. Sim players and arcade players both want off ball movement. Who the hell doesn't want off ball movement?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Youre making too much sense Aholbert....stop it....

# 125 ojandpizza @ 09/10/14 09:22 PM
Kinda let down :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 126 bateman11 @ 09/10/14 10:01 PM
I didn't mind the videos. But here's something that's been an issue...

I think a lot of users here on OS are so used to being forced to play the game of basketball a certain way after so many years of only having a single title to choose from. NBA Live will, and has always, displayed the game in a completely different manner than the other title. With that being said, I think some people will be pleasantly surprised when they get a chance to try this game, and if they make an attempt at being good at it.

I liked live 14 because it felt like I could make decisions I would actually make on a basketball court to get the results I wanted. It just didn't look natural because of the lack of animation technology. From a purely basketball standpoint this game has a lot of promise. I can't even take a lot of the users on this site seriously anymore.

# 127 ffaacc03 @ 09/10/14 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

Quote:
I'm sure we'd all be surprised at the gamers that might want it turned off, the point is there are gamers out there that prefer NBA Live play like NBA Live, not real basketball. It doesn't take a lot of imagination to consider some casual gamer getting pissed because a player on their team or a User opponents team, flashes the paint or is just running around the court in general on their own. Believe me some gamers see stuff like that as "the game playing for you" and "video games are meant to be played not watched".

I couldn't careless about that POV though, as long as they provide options and settings to get the most realistic game play possible.
I see no harm on having such option, to turn it off ... I remember that there was a thread last year, on the competing title section
Spoiler
and prior to last year release, about off ball movement and there were plenty of users asking for no off ball movement at all ... I recall Da-Czar, late in the dev cycle, letting the devs know this and that they even implemented a feature to have off ball movement by context, no off ball movement at all, etc ... I am certaint because I suggested him about making it options like, so users could decide which form of basketball suit them best ... thus it only applyed to users teams and not to all ... wish it was and on a per team bases, so I could try and further differentiate good offenses from bad.

What I dont understand tho, is why is off by default (I would like it on and to me, seems more in line with what we see on the tv) ... then again, take my comment as a grain of salt within a huge cube of water, as didnt played Live 14.

In essence, never underestimate the power of giving more options to users, the implications in terms of appealing to a broaden target are inmense.

# 128 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/10/14 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I didn't mind the videos. But here's something that's been an issue...

I think a lot of users here on OS are so used to being forced to play the game of basketball a certain way after so many years of only having a single title to choose from. NBA Live will, and has always, displayed the game in a completely different manner than the other title. With that being said, I think some people will be pleasantly surprised when they get a chance to try this game, and if they make an attempt at being good at it.

I liked live 14 because it felt like I could make decisions I would actually make on a basketball court to get the results I wanted. It just didn't look natural because of the lack of animation technology. From a purely basketball standpoint this game has a lot of promise. I can't even take a lot of the users on this site seriously anymore.
If you're suggesting you can't make decisions and get the results you want with the other game then you must be tripping.

# 129 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/14 10:35 PM
Smh. Comments like that is what I can't take seriously. It's almost insulting people's intelligence.

Were all (for the most part) adults who have varying degrees of basketball knowledge and experience. I don't care how much I play a particular video game...I know the game of basketball...and I'll still be pretty good at it when I turn off my console and lace up my actual sneakers...

Live isn't going over people's heads here because it's THAT deep and guys dont know the sport...people just don't like what they see. Some do, and that's great as well...

# 130 23 @ 09/10/14 10:42 PM
Turning off people moving in organized basketball is laugable as an option, especially at the pro level.

Some people will defend anything and its a shame

# 131 The 24th Letter @ 09/10/14 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffaacc03
I see no harm on having such option, to turn it off ... I remember that there was a thread last year, on the competing title section
Spoiler
and prior to last year release, about off ball movement and there were plenty of users asking for no off ball movement at all ... I recall Da-Czar, late in the dev cycle, letting the devs know this and that they even implemented a feature to have off ball movement by context, no off ball movement at all, etc ... I am certaint because I suggested him about making it options like, so users could decide which form of basketball suit them best ... thus it only applyed to users teams and not to all ... wish it was and on a per team bases, so I could try and further differentiate good offenses from bad.

What I dont understand tho, is why is off by default (I would like it on and to me, seems more in line with what we see on the tv) ... then again, take my comment as a grain of salt within a huge cube of water, as didnt played Live 14.

In essence, never underestimate the power of giving more options to users.

I see your point. I guess guys who literally run a play every time down court might use it too....I don't know..

but I agree, they should probably leave auto motion on by default...all the work they did on off ball movement you'd think they'd want to show it off...

# 132 da ThRONe @ 09/10/14 11:05 PM
Quote:
Considering the explanations offered as to why this option would be understandable, I'm surprised that's seen as defending the game. I know you've been around OS and sports video games in general long enough to have seen the type of POV towards sports games that would merit an option like this.

IMO, it's almost accustomed to saying why have a simulation or hardcore option in any sports game that's supposed to be as realistic as possible anyway. Having this option isn't much different, imo and again I'd rather have the option than forcing gamers to play the game one way or the other.
Considering the amount of people that consider sliders a must so people can play how they want it's very surprising the attitude some or taking toward this option if that's truly the explanation.

# 133 23 @ 09/10/14 11:15 PM
Quote:
Considering the explanations offered as to why this option would be understandable, I'm surprised that's seen as defending the game. I know you've been around OS and sports video games in general long enough to have seen the type of POV towards sports games that would merit an option like this.

IMO, it's almost accustomed to saying why have a simulation or hardcore option in any sports game that's supposed to be as realistic as possible anyway. Having this option isn't much different, imo and again I'd rather have the option than forcing gamers to play the game one way or the other.

They're doing that too so it doesn't matter.

There is always something this game is doing that nobody asked for but what they do ask for seems like a foreign object but that's another story I don't care to get into.

It's been said enough already and please
da throne let the sliders thing go man. You've been on here for 2 days straight with that and I honestly don't care to see anymore dissertations on it. Like I said before just agree to disagree and move on.

# 134 sega2k @ 09/10/14 11:48 PM
And they wonder why they won worst company in America 2 years in row...smh..

# 135 JBulls @ 09/10/14 11:57 PM
1. Player movement option is silly.
2. If it's in there, why the world isn't it on by default??

# 136 da ThRONe @ 09/11/14 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
They're doing that too so it doesn't matter.

There is always something this game is doing that nobody asked for but what they do ask for seems like a foreign object but that's another story I don't care to get into.

It's been said enough already and please
da throne let the sliders thing go man. You've been on here for 2 days straight with that and I honestly don't care to see anymore dissertations on it. Like I said before just agree to disagree and move on.
Why is it the person with the differing opinion has to be the one who has "been on here for 2 days straight with that" as if I was discussing the topic by myself?

My point is if options are good for the game why is this bad. You guys lecture me on how people should have the option to play how they want to(which I never disagreed with) and than bash this because nobody should want to play this way. Which is it?

# 137 sega2k @ 09/11/14 12:02 AM
Can someone answer these two questions..

1. Why did George Hill dribbling with his right hand past Westbrook when Westbrook is on his right side?
2. How many steps did Hill take in that paint? 4-6?

# 138 JBulls @ 09/11/14 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sega2k
Can someone answer these two questions..

1. Why did George Hill dribbling with his right hand past Westbrook when Westbrook is on his right side?
2. How many steps did Hill take in that paint? 4-6?
Don't know about number 2 but I suspect the game doesn't take into consideration of the position of the defender in relation to which hand the ball handler would likely use to get past him. For what it's worth I've never seen any game deal with this sort of thing well.

Also of note is that this is all user controlled

# 139 King_B_Mack @ 09/11/14 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Why is it the person with the differing opinion has to be the one who has "been on here for 2 days straight with that" as if I was discussing the topic by myself?

My point is if options are good for the game why is this bad. You guys lecture me on how people should have the option to play how they want to(which I never disagreed with) and than bash this because nobody should want to play this way. Which is it?
Man there's a very significant difference between wanting sliders to be able to tweak a more realistic or not approach to scoring, rebounding, fouls being called, traveling violations, etc. and having the option of turning on and off whether your teammates just stand around like statues if you aren't calling your own plays.

# 140 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

Thats a simplistic view. Re: Sliders, You have been presented with several reasons why people prefer sliders as an option.

Regarding off ball movement, OBM is a fundamental part of basketball. NBA teams dont stand around and stay in one place so you shouldnt need an option to make them do something that they should do. Thats like having an option for stealing or rebounding.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. It takes a second of analysis to realize these are two different situations.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.