Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

A couple of NBA Live 15 gameplay videos have popped up on Instagram this morning.

Video #1

Video #2

Thanks to @tdawgsmitty!

UPDATE: Looks like the videos have been deleted.

UPDATE #2: NotYourAverageFlight has uploaded the videos to his YouTube channel.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
I didn't mind the videos. But here's something that's been an issue...

I think a lot of users here on OS are so used to being forced to play the game of basketball a certain way after so many years of only having a single title to choose from. NBA Live will, and has always, displayed the game in a completely different manner than the other title. With that being said, I think some people will be pleasantly surprised when they get a chance to try this game, and if they make an attempt at being good at it.

I liked live 14 because it felt like I could make decisions I would actually make on a basketball court to get the results I wanted. It just didn't look natural because of the lack of animation technology. From a purely basketball standpoint this game has a lot of promise. I can't even take a lot of the users on this site seriously anymore.
Thats the key word. Alot of people here are buying a game based on that word. I just (and alot of others) dont care about promise. We care about the product we are buying.

This is coming from a guy who like Live 10. I played more of the competition that year but I thought Live 10 was good enough to be in the conversation. That year sliders made it so both games did a solid job of playing sim basketball.

Dont get it wrong though. This has nothing to do with how Live "displays the game". This isnt a style issue. Its a quality issue. Put aside the features (which its lacking). Put aside the options (that are missing). The game struggles to provide basic basketball fundamentals in many ways.

I could talk about Live 14 for hours and discuss the issues with that game but I'll just talk about the 5 clips I've seen of Live 15. There are still rebounding issues. No offball movement. Floaty passes (even though somewhat improved). Inconsistent Help defense and rotations. Now this is from watching a combined 2 minutes of clips tops.

Now if I can see these issues from that little time....what happens once we start getting full gameplay videos?

# 142 Jay Jay @ 09/11/14 12:53 AM
Personally I don't care for sliders because im more into online gaming but sliders do need to be in the game for people who game offline.

# 143 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Jay
Personally I don't care for sliders because im more into online gaming but sliders do need to be in the game for people who game offline.
Exactly. I could care less about online because of cheesers and my schedule doesnt work for me to play in a sim league but I would never want a key online option to be removed.

# 144 da ThRONe @ 09/11/14 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Man there's a very significant difference between wanting sliders to be able to tweak a more realistic or not approach to scoring, rebounding, fouls being called, traveling violations, etc. and having the option of turning on and off whether your teammates just stand around like statues if you aren't calling your own plays.
Yeah there's a difference, but when it all boils down who's to say there aren't people that want to play this way? Where's the line for customization?

We can all agree that sliders should be far ahead of something like an option that essentially kills motion. And like most of the people here I have no idea why this would be in a game period let alone ahead of something like roster editing. My only point is in fairness if we are going to say options are never bad how can those same people say this is shouldn't be in the game? Just seems contradictory.

# 145 23 @ 09/11/14 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm not trying argue the point just for the sake of arguing and my post history shows I'm surely not an EA/Tiburon defender, so I keep wondering if you, among others, honestly think there aren't gamers out there that would prefer no auto OBM? The question is kind of rhetorical because I know you have seen the POV of too much realism and/or AI behavior on User teams without User input, is a negative, espoused.

Not trying to be funny but this is EA Tiburon we're talking about and given their track record the last decade, if they hadn't added the option then OBM wouldn't be in period, imo.

Search OS probably one of the best resources on the net and see if you can find at least 1 post that asks for this... and im not talking about 2k14s players all running into eachother, im talking about people asking for this.

Scour the yearly wishlists from back in 2005 til now.

Find me just one post... when you see the results you'll have your answer

# 146 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I'm not trying argue the point just for the sake of arguing and my post history shows I'm surely not an EA/Tiburon defender, so I keep wondering if you, among others, honestly think there aren't gamers out there that would prefer no auto OBM? The question is kind of rhetorical because I know you have seen the POV of too much realism and/or AI behavior on User teams without User input, is a negative, espoused.

Not trying to be funny but this is EA Tiburon we're talking about and given their track record the last decade, if they hadn't added the option then OBM wouldn't be in period, imo.
There are probably gamers out here who find stealing to hard. There are probably gamers out there who find rebounding to difficult. OBM isnt too much realism. Its a fundamental part of the game.

Too much realism for some could be each team running their real life offense automatically. I would love to see it but I'm sure some casual fans would find that too confusing.

Also I just watched a 10 minute video of Live 14 with auto motion on and there really isnt that much more movement. Most of the motion occurs when the possesion begins and occasionally with the bigs setting picks. Its not a motion offense and most of the time the team is positioned where they always are in Live (PG at the top of the key, SG and SF on the wings and PF and C on each side of the key in the post.)

# 147 Playmakers @ 09/11/14 01:17 AM
The problem with not being able to edit players could have solved the Off The Ball Movement in this game.

In years past you could edit that rating on your own and usually put most players in the mid 80's to high 90's ranges and it would get them to moving and cutting without the ball.

In that video it seems like EA has this rating or what ever rating controls that aspects of the game now set very low for most players.

This is one of the ratings that I've been telling people synergy can't control because there's no data the synergy engine can track in regards to that rating.

It is a combination of the Offensive Awareness + Off Ball Movement rating that factors more into during gameplay....other wise you will be stuck with having to press a button/command just to get the players to move.

The more I read and see (Videos) the more I believe EA is making a huge mistake by not allowing us to make our slider adjustments or edits to the gameplay.

I think this game has the potential to be off the hook had they only opened up those options for us to customize it....

The so called floaty passes possibly could be fixed by having the Option to increase the gameplay speed which is seperate from player speed....I'm not even sure if that option is in the game anymore but previously you could speed up the game which would in a way speed up the movement of the ball in the air.

I believe "TOMBA" discovered this years goal when we used to edit the hell of Live.

It's really just mindboggling that they would make this decision because I believe there's are things in the ratings that if done properly and combined with Synergy Data would be a huge boost up for this series right now...

As it stands right now it appears to me the biggest bang for your buck with Live 15 will come from those who play online or head to head offline because they are essentially controlling the players on the floor themselves.

But for offline players who prefer to play the CPU I don't see this thing being that great outside of graphics and mainly because I think the CPU will react and behave much like they have the past few years ROBOTIC ON THE FLOOR...

I'd be interested to see the CPU pull off that same dunk type of play we saw from LeBron which was human controlled...

So maybe I've missed it but I would like to see EA release a video of CPU vs CPU gameplay then will really see if their game has improved and it's not just fluff they are throwing at us....

Way too often guys get caught up in the things they do in the game and totally ignore the fact that AI players aren't capable or aren't doing the same things in return.

# 148 da ThRONe @ 09/11/14 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Thats a simplistic view. Re: Sliders, You have been presented with several reasons why people prefer sliders as an option.

Regarding off ball movement, OBM is a fundamental part of basketball. NBA teams dont stand around and stay in one place so you shouldnt need an option to make them do something that they should do. Thats like having an option for stealing or rebounding.

You are just arguing for the sake of arguing at this point. It takes a second of analysis to realize these are two different situations.
I believe 23 was the one who said some of his gamer friends like dunk fest and they should be able to play that way if they so choose(23 please feel free to correct me if that wasn't you). I don't disagree and I'm not against sliders. The only thing we disagree about is what can be deemed "realistic" or "SIM".

Sure there's a difference being that sliders give you way more control than this option. However both sliders and this option would give you the options to experience the game differently in that way they are similar. However if you are saying to me don't be a SIM Nazi forcing every single player to play the same brand of basketball. Don't you think it's just a tidbit contradictory to turn around a condemn this option just because we both deem it pointless?

# 149 23 @ 09/11/14 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I believe 23 was the one who said some of his gamer friends like dunk fest and they should be able to play that way if they so choose(23 please feel free to correct me if that wasn't you). I don't disagree and I'm not against sliders. The only thing we disagree about is what can be deemed "realistic" or "SIM".

Sure there's a difference being that sliders give you way more control than this option. However both sliders and this option would give you the options to experience the game differently in that way they are similar. However if you are saying to me don't be a SIM Nazi forcing every single player to play the same brand of basketball. Don't you think it's just a tidbit contradictory to turn around a condemn this option just because we both deem it pointless?

Im protesting this subject, that was not me.

# 150 da ThRONe @ 09/11/14 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Im protesting this subject, that was not me.
My apologizes. I certainly wouldn't want my name added to something that I didn't do. I try to not be so lazy and make such statements on recall, but I'm at work and don't really have the time to research who it was.

# 151 ClevelandinDistress @ 09/11/14 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

I feel myself actually getting frustrated with your point of view. It's been stated many times that you are the only one who thinks this way. When six people don't agree with you, that means you're WRONG, But you just can't accept that, can you.

Off ball movement and sliders are not even in the same galaxy of conversation. Just like Aholbert32 has said MANY times. That dude has been around since 2002! Your argument and point of view hold little credibility to his. Not to mention several others have laughed and pointed out the flaw in your argument.

Off ball movement should not be an option. That is something key and crucial that needs to be there. This shouldn't even be a debate. Unless NBA Live is trying to make a hybrid NBA Jam/NBA simulation then there's no need to toggle off ball movement. Run plays? Sure. But having your players stand around like statues is not what basketball is. Not even going to try and understand what the developers were thinking on this one.

Seriously Da Throne, you seem like an alright dude, but you need to drop this argument before everyone on this board starts avoiding you like the Ebola virus

# 152 shutdown10 @ 09/11/14 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
That was due to them God awful dudes on the sticks. They made it look bad. I don't think it was the game itself. Dude took a terrible shot and the other dude was playing even worse defense.
I understand your assessment of this, but you cannot say the same for the animations they still have in this game that will continue to affect them. The game will never be able to lift off the ground until they address these issues ASAP! Those weird animations make the gameplay seem off and unnatural.

# 153 oMarcus2Ko @ 09/11/14 08:33 AM
NBA LIVE has been trying to use this engine of gameplay since ELITE 11, they need to try and build a whole nother Engine from the ground up, or use another one, because i truely feel that NBA LIVE 09-10 has better graphics seriously.

# 154 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/14 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofATL
That was due to them God awful dudes on the sticks. They made it look bad. I don't think it was the game itself. Dude took a terrible shot and the other dude was playing even worse defense.
Starting with the excuses already, huh? Building up that equity early I see.

All leaked videos have terrible players.

Being a terrible player has nothing to do with 4 CPU-controlled teammates and 4 CPU-controlled opponents not going for a rebound while the ball drops to the ground in between them. Eight players letting that ball drop is just bad AI no matter how you slice it.

Back in Live 2005 you could tap rebounds until the ball went in or someone secured it. That's 10 years ago man.

I'm tired of these conversations about off-ball movement too. Last gen you could set your offense type and they'd run their sets regardless if you called a play or not.

Why are we taking steps back when the technology is more powerful?

Instead of making excuses, hold these guys accountable because this stuff is just flat out unacceptable. These are core aspects of gameplay. Not Sim stuff. Not fluff. Core fundamentals. And they're skimping on them.

# 155 Greene_Flash03 @ 09/11/14 09:12 AM
That floaty chest pass is still there...*SMH*. The ball bounces in slow-mo once it hit's the rim. Seems floaty. I like the spacing and off ball movements though.

# 156 Ajknowsit @ 09/11/14 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
Starting with the excuses already, huh? Building up that equity early I see.

All leaked videos have terrible players.

Being a terrible player has nothing to do with 4 CPU-controlled teammates and 4 CPU-controlled opponents not going for a rebound while the ball drops to the ground in between them. Eight players letting that ball drop is just bad AI no matter how you slice it.

Back in Live 2005 you could tap rebounds until the ball went in or someone secured it. That's 10 years ago man.

I'm tired of these conversations about off-ball movement too. Last gen you could set your offense type and they'd run their sets regardless if you called a play or not.

Why are we taking steps back when the technology is more powerful?

Instead of making excuses, hold these guys accountable because this stuff is just flat out unacceptable. These are core aspects of gameplay. Not Sim stuff. Not fluff. Core fundamentals. And they're skimping on them.
I agree we should have a standered these guys are held to, but these same funamental problems are/have been in all basketball games. Rebounding,AI logic, woonky movement,players moving without purpose, no one has come close to matching the pace of an nba game, fast breaks are joke have you ever seen a 3 on 1 run correct? Players can cheese their way through the lane and score without regard to other players on the court and the list goes on. Point is nobody has the fundamentals of the game right, they just use a different coat of paint. So yes let's hold them all accountable.

# 157 bigeastbumrush @ 09/11/14 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
I agree we should have a standered these guys are held to, but these same funamental problems are/have been in all basketball games. Rebounding,AI logic, woonky movement,players moving without purpose, no one has come close to matching the pace of an nba game, fast breaks are joke have you ever seen a 3 on 1 run correct? Players can cheese their way through the lane and score without regard to other players on the court and the list goes on. Point is nobody has the fundamentals of the game right, they just use a different coat of paint. So yes let's hold them all accountable.
The foundation of the game is the problem. And every year they just slap more lipstick on a pig.

Can't talk about pace of a game when there are no sliders.

My issue is that a lot of these issues worked in years past.

There were rebounding battles in Live 2005.
Fastbreaks were a thing of beauty in Live 2006. Yes..2-on-1s and 3-on-1s worked correctly.

Any game can be cheesed.

But when people keep switching lead designers, dev teams and philosophies every single year this is the unpolished garbage we get.

The game may be playable and fun.

But let's not act like people are bitching about things that are outside the scope of being fixed.

# 158 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajknowsit
I have no issues with the Rebounding and AI logic in the other game. Why? Because the game has sliders which can affect those areas.

# 159 El_Poopador @ 09/11/14 11:47 AM
Oddly enough, I have mixed feelings about the auto-motion. In one respect, it's weird and not realistic to have players stand around and doing nothing, unless you're running an iso. And even then, they should still be looking for opportunities to get open.

On the other hand, I can't count the number of times I beat my man off the dribble, or draw another defender inside that would have been perfect for a drive and kick, only to have my AI teammate make a bonehead move off the ball (or at least a move I didn't want them to make), leading their defender into me or getting themselves out of position for an open shot.

# 160 aholbert32 @ 09/11/14 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Oddly enough, I have mixed feelings about the auto-motion. In one respect, it's weird and not realistic to have players stand around and doing nothing, unless you're running an iso. And even then, they should still be looking for opportunities to get open.

On the other hand, I can't count the number of times I beat my man off the dribble, or draw another defender inside that would have been perfect for a drive and kick, only to have my AI teammate make a bonehead move off the ball (or at least a move I didn't want them to make), leading their defender into me or getting themselves out of position for an open shot.
This typically doesnt happen if you call plays or run pick and rolls.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.