Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

During an interview with Senior Producer Rob Jones, Outconsumer shows some NBA 2K15 gameplay footage of the Oklahoma City Thunder and Cleveland Cavaliers.

The gameplay starts at roughly the 5 minute mark. Most of the video itself is in Spanish, but during the interview Rob is speaking in English.

Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/14 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue12
I like the fatheads in the crowd, but it looks likes there's too many. It's a cool addition but if overdone can make the game look cheezy.
Agreed. There ARE too many. There should hopefully be more variety though.

# 42 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/14 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
no excuse...it's basic collision physics - it should be easy enough to implement by now - especially in next gen...it shouldn't be that hard to stop a ball from passing through a human being in the year 2014.
What do you know about what's "basic" and "easy"? Where is your game with the flawless collision detection and response? I'm curious. With that said, I'm not sure it DID go through the defender's body.

# 43 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/14 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
Some things that I think need to be fixed that would help the game aesthetically.

- Making hair and facial hair dynamic (moving [not facial hair obviously] and editable)
-Transition animations after a scored basket, too often the guy that scores does some kind of celebrating and then turns and SPRINTS up court, looks weird
- Jerseys to me seem to move too much, like a flag in the wind. Jerseys now are worn pretty tight and don't move too much at all
- Foot planting, it's been mentioned before and it will be again, but this would go a long way

Overall the game looks as good as ever and I'm sure it feels great. For me, 2K is all about polish and adding depth to game modes. The core gameplay is great, just got to fix the small things now.
I agree with pretty much every point you make here. What I don't like about the transition after the basket is that it'll look fine for a few seconds, then the player will turn and do something all of sudden and just break the illusion. It's friggin' jarring to me. I look back on previous games and see it's always been like that. But everything else is just looking SO much more realistic, the smallest things stand out more.

Drives me nuts!

# 44 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/14 02:41 AM
Quote:
i liked when the ball bounced off feet, hand and elbows...it was realistic...you actually had to PAY ATTENTION to what you were doing...imagine that.

if you guys can tune the physics, why not make a slider in the game so we can turn on "full ball collision" if we want? i get that many people would hate it because you'd have to be VERY careful about where you dribble...but i like that level of realism...in real life Chris Paul has to be that careful when he dribbles - he's not allowed to dribble through a player's foot or leg in a real game...i want the user to have to pay attention to what they're doing.

if you can't turn on "full ball collision" for everything, can you at least turn it on for passes?...it's just not acceptable that someone can still pass through a defender's body in the year 2014. to get the pass through cleanly, there should have to be an open lane. if a defender is in the way, it should hit the defender and result in a turnover - don't allow bad physics to bail out the user on their bad decisions. the passing lane wasn't there, he made a bad pass...but he was rewarded for it. this is the type of thing that bothers me - bad decisions being rewarded.
I'm with you here. But can you imagine the comedy of errors in passes? I'm sure that with a FINITE number of pass animations, you'll get cases where the game picks a pass that will hit the defender guarding the passer. This just cannot happen. So, before you go ULTRA realistic, you have to fix things like that.

# 45 Boilerbuzz @ 09/14/14 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outconsumer
Hi guys.

It is me in the video. I can confirm that the background footage during the interview is CPU vs CPU. Some of the footage shown in the video comes from 2K BRoll that was given to us for this presentation.

If you are interested, I have another video of the presentation in which Anthony Davis plays against James Harden live: http://youtu.be/-uIQ08AaMLk?t=4m8s
Great job man! Thank you for the footage.

USER v USER in basketball games looks SO much better than AI v AI. Hands down. Just saying.

# 46 MarkWilliam @ 09/14/14 04:20 AM
Looked like the Thunder trapped ball handler on the pick and roll. Rotation (although late), was there from Perkins and ultimately a baseline J was taken by Waiters. Wasn't perfect as Varejao was on the perimeter, if it were another perimeter threat, I think it would've resulted in some nice swing ball to open J action....

Durant 3, watched LeBron closely and he seemed to retreat quickly on the penetration which opened up the pull up 3 for KD. This was nice and seemingly missing from all previous versions.... if defenders will shuffle back on potential quick drives, pull game will open up and using guys like Westbrook will be great.....

Small things there, but very encouraging (if they weren't flukes....)

# 47 Rell7thirty @ 09/14/14 04:42 AM
Awesome video and very informative (I speak spanish)

They're being real secretive about My Player/Career mode, but the interviewer wanted to know if the players on your team would actually speak, and move their mouths instead of just subtitles and awkward stares and head movement.

Looking forward to this game.. Looks like they listened to the fans about some specific issues.

Thanks for the vid Molina

# 48 Goffs @ 09/14/14 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outconsumer
Hi guys.

It is me in the video. I can confirm that the background footage during the interview is CPU vs CPU. Some of the footage shown in the video comes from 2K BRoll that was given to us for this presentation.

If you are interested, I have another video of the presentation in which Anthony Davis plays against James Harden live: http://youtu.be/-uIQ08AaMLk?t=4m8s
Thanks for the footage and welcome to the forums!

# 49 ffaacc03 @ 09/14/14 08:52 AM
Quote:

if you guys can tune the physics, why not make a slider in the game so we can turn on "full ball collision" if we want? ...

if you can't turn on "full ball collision" for everything, can you at least turn it on for passes?...
Big Da-Czar, if something like this could be done, please try and make it a part of the next iteration (if not for 2K15, hehehe).

P.S:
As much as you love your work, as much as you care for us, as much as you want to contribute or maybe even justiffy your formal inclussion to the team, be carefull ... such load of work will take a "huge" toll on you sooner rather than later ... comming from someone whose past jobs ranged from 60 to 120 hours a week (managed to do the later for 3 months), believe me ... it takes more than double the time for your body to recover, specially for people of our age (I might be a bit younger than you tho).

Anyways, we already appreciated your contributions and now, knowing the sacrifice you and all on 2K are doing, we do even more.

# 50 OGSPORTS @ 09/14/14 01:21 PM
Big ups to my guy WTF! I love seeing him in EVERY 2k thread! That's #Sim #SimIsALifeStyle #SimNation.

# 51 WTF @ 09/14/14 01:33 PM
I've made around 10 posts or so related to 2k this year, kept most of my thoughts via PM with some guys I know and respect from way back.

Czar knows my thoughts and where I feel the game needs to be, and more importantly, needs to go away from.

Hopefully the game starts to go that way.

# 52 turty11 @ 09/14/14 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
Big ups to my guy WTF! I love seeing him in EVERY 2k thread! That's #Sim #SimIsALifeStyle #SimNation.
#arcadenation needs some love too #pinball #dunksintraffic

# 53 blues rocker @ 09/14/14 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
What do you know about what's "basic" and "easy"? Where is your game with the flawless collision detection and response? I'm curious. With that said, I'm not sure it DID go through the defender's body.
if you read Czars post a while back, he said that they are already capable of having "true ball collision" but they have chosen to make it more "forgiving" in order to cut down on turnovers. i personally would rather them offer a "true realism" option where the user is truly forced to watch where they dribble the ball to avoid deflections.

it mostly just bothers me on passes though - if the passing lane isn't there, it isn't there...don't allow the ball to go through the defender and reward a bad pass attempt where there was no opening.

# 54 Sundown @ 09/14/14 03:54 PM
Quote:
if you read Czars post a while back, he said that they are already capable of having "true ball collision" but they have chosen to make it more "forgiving" in order to cut down on turnovers. i personally would rather them offer a "true realism" option where the user is truly forced to watch where they dribble the ball to avoid deflections.

it mostly just bothers me on passes though - if the passing lane isn't there, it isn't there...don't allow the ball to go through the defender and reward a bad pass attempt where there was no opening.

I can appreciate that since your player in game doesn't actually know where nearby limbs and fingers are and how to get a pass off without scraping player geometry, concessions might have to be made.

However, once the ball is in full flight, it should never just clip through a body or leg. And probably not most of an arm.

# 55 emelki1968 @ 09/14/14 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritgrindhustle
Where did he state that myPlayer was going to have a non linear story?
In the video.

# 56 emelki1968 @ 09/14/14 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritgrindhustle
Where did he state that myPlayer was going to have a non linear story?
Exactly during the controversial moment where we can see Curry's feet are not touching the floor in a very clear way, 4'22" .

# 57 BluFu @ 09/14/14 05:07 PM
Quote:
if you read Czars post a while back, he said that they are already capable of having "true ball collision" but they have chosen to make it more "forgiving" in order to cut down on turnovers.
to combat that, they should increase the passing accuracy and speed of passes globally.

# 58 Jakeness23 @ 09/15/14 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I've been saying this in several threads, guys need to let this editable hair thing go. Most of the time players don't even change their hairstyles during the year(if they change something it'd be growing and cutting a beard). Not to mention with scans, most guys would look ridiculous with hair added onto their existing head models(case in point Kyrie Irving/Jimmie Butler/Anthony Davis) and you can't alter their beards unless they got scanned when completely shaven(which like 80% of these dudes weren't which is fine because they all keep their beards barring a few like the Warriors when they were scanned last year).
Just too much trouble for something that isn't even remotely needed tbh.

It's not just for this year though. It's years and years into MyLeague/MyGM. Sometimes you'd just like to change it up to make a player look like hes aged.

# 59 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/14 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
to combat that, they should increase the passing accuracy and speed of passes globally.
Um no. Some of the passes are already rockets. I have no issue with the overall pass speeds. Some of you are asking for arcade speeds here.

# 60 Taer @ 09/15/14 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Um no. Some of the passes are already rockets. I have no issue with the overall pass speeds. Some of you are asking for arcade speeds here.
While some passes are rockets, some are floaters when the situation calls for rockets and visa-versa.

Better ai situational awareness for passing would address a major need and so far, I am undecided if I see improvement in an area that needed work for years.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.