Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

During an interview with Senior Producer Rob Jones, Outconsumer shows some NBA 2K15 gameplay footage of the Oklahoma City Thunder and Cleveland Cavaliers.

The gameplay starts at roughly the 5 minute mark. Most of the video itself is in Spanish, but during the interview Rob is speaking in English.

Post your thoughts!

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/14 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Or maybe the things that bother you about the "inferior product" don't bother me. Perhaps with 2k, you can look past things that drive me insane. I don't hold either game in a different light. The things that I express dissatisfaction in shouldn't bother you one bit. Thankfully, you aren't in my skull knowing exactly how I feel about a video game.
Thankfully is right. I'm not in your skull. I just find it funny how the things that bother you in one game, don't bother you in the other when more often than not, the issues can be the exact same.

Quote:
If 2k comes out this year and addresses the issues that I have individually, I'll be the first to admit it. Unfortunately based on the info that I've gathered, much of it will be tweaked but not remedied. How much of a change will it he? I don't know, but I will try it out for myself.
Seems you already have your mind made up. Why waste your time? If that information is reliable, there's no reason not to trust it. I know it's not the same as having a direct line of communication like you do with EA, but if you trust it, go with it. That's just my opinion. As a grown man, you make your own decision. I'm sure you'll get the game anyway since you love hoops so much.

Quote:
Again, thoughts, impressions and criticisms are all subjective. I play games to have fun, after working a demanding job, 2 kids, wife and taking care of the home, I certainly don't need anyone to tell me how I feel about a videogame. It's not a hard idea to "understand ".
Please point to the line where I tell you how to feel about either game? Getting a little defensive there aren't you? BTW, you're not the only person with a family. You don't need to convince me that you're a grown man with responsibilities. Certainly doesn't preclude you from having a predisposition to view one game in more of a negative light than the other, now does it?

# 82 WTF @ 09/16/14 01:19 PM
Awesome, gif patrol is here representing well.

I truly don't understand how it's difficult to understand that I just might view things completely different when playing a videogame. I certainly don't see why you continue to write 5 paragraphs as a response to anyone with a shred of criticism for your game of choice.

My mind is made up, just like every year. I'll buy both once again. As I've did since 2k started putting out bball games. I hope that the things that bother me are addressed enough to not hinder my enjoyment of the game. If they still bother me, there is always next year.

Regardless, enjoy your game, I'll enjoy mine (plural). It's not worth any more of a response.

# 83 jadert @ 09/16/14 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Awesome, gif patrol is here representing well.

I truly don't understand how it's difficult to understand that I just might view things completely different when playing a videogame. I certainly don't see why you continue to write 5 paragraphs as a response to anyone with a shred of criticism for your game of choice.

My mind is made up, just like every year. I'll buy both once again. As I've did since 2k started putting out bball games. I hope that the things that bother me are addressed enough to not hinder my enjoyment of the game. If they still bother me, there is always next year.

Regardless, enjoy your game, I'll enjoy mine (plural). It's not worth any more of a response.
This is why I made a previous post about the other game NEEDING to exist. They really cater to different audiences. 2K is mainstream and the other game is more niche oriented. I'm coming to that conclusion via Metacritic, sales, and reviews for both games. Basketball gamers overwhelmly choose 2K, but the other game has a cult following.

I love 2K's gameplay and I'm excited at what I've seen in the video. There are pros and cons as usual, but the pros outweigh the cons for me. I hope I didn't offend you with my last post it was sort of tongue in cheek, since I see the top 5 NBA Live posters on this board cosigning all of the negative aspects of 2K.

I am curious as to why you would buy both games with the same things each year driving you insane. Why not just stick to NBA Live? Do you even like 2K? Or is it an automatic purchase because its a basketball game? Not being an ***, just wondering

# 84 El_Poopador @ 09/16/14 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
This is why I made a previous post about the other game NEEDING to exist. They really cater to different audiences. 2K is mainstream and the other game is more niche oriented. I'm coming to that conclusion via Metacritic, sales, and reviews for both games. Basketball gamers overwhelmly choose 2K, but the other game has a cult following.

I love 2K's gameplay and I'm excited at what I've seen in the video. There are pros and cons as usual, but the pros outweigh the cons for me. I hope I didn't offend you with my last post it was sort of tongue in cheek, since I see the top 5 NBA Live posters on this board cosigning all of the negative aspects of 2K.

I am curious as to why you would buy both games with the same things each year driving you insane. Why not just stick to NBA Live? Do you even like 2K? Or is it an automatic purchase because its a basketball game? Not being an ***, just wondering
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I wanted to throw in my reasons, because I feel I'm in a similar situation lol. I have the same issues with 2k pretty much every year as well, but at the same time, I usually like to see what they have done, first-hand. I just went and listened to the IPKC impressions about the positives, and it sounds like they addressed some of the smaller issues I had last year. And I like the sound of some of the new controls. Of course, a lot of those things can't be seen from watching videos; you have to play to see and feel the difference.

On the same token, you really have to play the game to find the negatives as well, to point out areas that you want to see improved next year.

# 85 WTF @ 09/16/14 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DikembeShikembe
Very questionable how you're not critical of Live's shoddy animations but are so quick to point out something on 2Ks front. Your points of critique between the two are completely soaked in bias or you're just truly blind to Live's glaring flaws. And in that case I just feel sorry for you homie. How much do you get paid by EA to brainwash some of the other users on this site?
Great comeback man. Seriously, I applaud your efforts. I've been a 2k guy for many years, and bashed Live at release last year until the patches.

Animations aren't my concern. I can go back and play NBA Inside Drive 2004 to this day due to the AI in it. I could care less about animations. It could be why I could accept Live last year and some couldn't.

It's also why I don't like the animation heavy gameplay that Next Gen 2k14 presented. Once I start losing control of my player, and the game sends me into an animation that it thinks that I need to do, that's the point where I start to get frustrated. On defense especially.

And now I have magical power to brainwash people? I've been on OS for many years. I've given pages upon pages of suggestions and criticisms to the developers of the NBA 2k series, the NBA Live Series, the NBA Inside Drive series. The only one I never had an interest in was Sony's series. I bought it, played it, and it wasn't worth the time because it wasn't something that I enjoyed.

I've admitted several Live flaws. Luckily, I didn't have the issues that a lot of guys did thankfully.

I'm really not sure why you care if I post on an open forum about my thoughts on a videogame that you have ZERO involvement in.

When:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...79011921365904

This is fixed, I'll probably be a happy camper with 2k. Stuff like those canned animations that take me out of position as a defender so the offense can score, is ridiculous to ME. If you can live with that type of stuff, that's fine. But there's no issue with me posting to 2k, a company that I used to talk to quite frequently, and expressing my dissatisfaction.

I'd much rather have wonky animations as opposed to animations that take me out of playing the game, instead watching a scenario play out.

# 86 SageInfinite @ 09/16/14 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

This is fixed, I'll probably be a happy camper with 2k. Stuff like those canned animations that take me out of position as a defender so the offense can score, is ridiculous to ME. If you can live with that type of stuff, that's fine. But there's no issue with me posting to 2k, a company that I used to talk to quite frequently, and expressing my dissatisfaction.

I'd much rather have wonky animations as opposed to animations that take me out of playing the game, instead watching a scenario play out.
That footage was just disgusting. Let me guess, you were on defense?

# 87 WTF @ 09/16/14 06:39 PM
Quote:

They do cater to different audiences I guess. Yet you can't enjoy both for some reason? I like some aspects of one, some aspects of another, but apparently that isn't allowed at OS anymore. Not to be old school, but I'm sure you remember a time where guys enjoyed both games for what they brought to the table since you were around in 2002 as well.

The things that have been driving me insane in 2k was amplified with 2k14 Next Gen last year. I recently played 2k14 last gen, and the controls seemed somewhat tighter, felt more of a 1:1 control, and I didn't get trapped in as many animations.

This is the thing that killed my experience. It happens several time a game. Either that, or I'll block a guy and they'll get it back while I lose all control of my player. Even worse, I'll be guarding someone, and I'll lose control and slide out of bounds, into the mop boy, or the base of the basket only to lose control for 3-4 seconds while I stumble around.

The spacing felt worse because of the lack of tightness in the controls.

Now, because I get to work alongside with EA developers, I'm no longer allowed to give my insight for 2k at the risk of being burnt at the stake by guys in this forum?

Live 08, 09 and 10 were good games to me. As were 2k9, 2k10 and 2k11 especially. I want 2k go back to a tighter level of control, and less of a overwhelming amount of animations. I think that'll help with spacing, as well as a lot of other issues that I have with the game.

Based on my discussions, I feel like a lot of it will be toned down in 2k this year, which is music to my ears. If I can enjoy 2 games this year, that's awesome. To ME, that's all I can ask for.

# 88 WTF @ 09/16/14 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
That footage was just disgusting. Let me guess, you were on defense?
Yep. Sure was. No matter what way I went, he pushes me into a different canimation that takes me away. I recover just in time to do it again.

For whatever reason, I saw a TON of those types of plays. It could've been sliders, could have been something else, but it ruined it for me.

# 89 The 24th Letter @ 09/16/14 06:56 PM
As long as Live fans can acknowledge this:

http://youtu.be/wDQ2h8P6-Cg

http://youtu.be/vr3R3JxCqBo

while typing up their posts about how bad morphing, shifting etc. in 2k is...it's all good...it just hurts your credibility when you turn a blind eye to this stuff in one game but it makes you want to throw your controller in the other..

and this is just speaking in general...nor directed or disrespect to WTF or anyone else...

# 90 WTF @ 09/16/14 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
As long as Live fans can acknowledge this:

http://youtu.be/wDQ2h8P6-Cg

http://youtu.be/vr3R3JxCqBo

while typing up their posts about how bad morphing, shifting etc. in 2k is...it's all good...it just hurts your credibility when you turn a blind eye to this stuff in one game but it makes you want to throw your controller in the other..

and this is just speaking in general...nor directed or disrespect to WTF or anyone else...
I'd acknowledge that a fair amount of that happens in Live 14. No disrespect at all 24th.

# 91 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/14 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I'd acknowledge that a fair amount of that happens in Live 14. No disrespect at all 24th.
But I doubt you acknowledge it enough to post it like you did the 2K video above. Pretty much the same kind of issue, but it's OK in one game, but not the other. Not surprising.

# 92 WTF @ 09/16/14 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
But I doubt you acknowledge it enough to post like did the video above.
Do I think what 24th posted is anywhere near the issue in comparison to the clip I posted? Nope.

Do I acknowledge that what 24th posted exists, yep.

# 93 The 24th Letter @ 09/16/14 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
No doubt man...

Doesnt matter to me what anyones preference is....tbh

I just try to call it like I see it. Hey, I made more Live mixes than 2k last year because I was intrigued by the game...lol

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

# 94 Boilerbuzz @ 09/16/14 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Do I think what 24th posted is anywhere near the issue in comparison to the clip I posted? Nope.

Do I acknowledge that what 24th posted exists, yep.
OK then. There's nothing more that needs to be said. But I think we all know that if a video campaign against Live 14 were to be waged, it'd be pretty easy to find quite a bit of ammo.

# 95 El_Poopador @ 09/16/14 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
OK then. There's nothing more that needs to be said. But I think we all know that if a video campaign against Live 14 were to be waged, it'd be pretty easy to find quite a bit of ammo.
I think the same can be said for just about any game lol.

# 96 WTF @ 09/16/14 08:24 PM
Apparently anyone who disagrees with the norm are ridiculed around OS now, and it's looked over without issue.

Ah well, thus is life. I guess I'll go back to my life as normal. You all got me good,

# 97 CM Hooe @ 09/16/14 08:33 PM
One-time warning:

A difference in opinion does not warrant a personal attack. Personal attacks are not permitted on this forum and will be dealt with accordingly as per the Terms of Service.

Thanks for your future cooperation. Carry on.

# 98 jadert @ 09/16/14 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
They do cater to different audiences I guess. Yet you can't enjoy both for some reason? I like some aspects of one, some aspects of another, but apparently that isn't allowed at OS anymore. Not to be old school, but I'm sure you remember a time where guys enjoyed both games for what they brought to the table since you were around in 2002 as well.

The things that have been driving me insane in 2k was amplified with 2k14 Next Gen last year. I recently played 2k14 last gen, and the controls seemed somewhat tighter, felt more of a 1:1 control, and I didn't get trapped in as many animations.

This is the thing that killed my experience. It happens several time a game. Either that, or I'll block a guy and they'll get it back while I lose all control of my player. Even worse, I'll be guarding someone, and I'll lose control and slide out of bounds, into the mop boy, or the base of the basket only to lose control for 3-4 seconds while I stumble around.

The spacing felt worse because of the lack of tightness in the controls.

Now, because I get to work alongside with EA developers, I'm no longer allowed to give my insight for 2k at the risk of being burnt at the stake by guys in this forum?

Live 08, 09 and 10 were good games to me. As were 2k9, 2k10 and 2k11 especially. I want 2k go back to a tighter level of control, and less of a overwhelming amount of animations. I think that'll help with spacing, as well as a lot of other issues that I have with the game.

Based on my discussions, I feel like a lot of it will be toned down in 2k this year, which is music to my ears. If I can enjoy 2 games this year, that's awesome. To ME, that's all I can ask for.
Thanks for replying, I wasn't trying to be an internet tough guy, I was just wondering about your interest in 2K. I was around when people routinely bought both games. 2k4/Live04 up to 2k8/Live08 people pretty much bought both games. The '09 series of games shifted OS seriously with a big divide. I stopped posting because everything was an attack on people, developers or games. Now I see the moderators are really cracking down and it makes for more civil discussion.

I'm buying both games. I will get live later on (discounted) to play online since I don't believe that 2K will fix their frequent server issues. 2K is a day 1 purchase since I don't believe that EA will fix their animation issues. I 've been around a while lol

# 99 WTF @ 09/16/14 09:26 PM
Yeah, unfortunately the community has been divided for a bit. It's sad to see really. Regardless, your post was fine man.

I'll continue my trend of getting both, as always.

# 100 SageInfinite @ 09/16/14 10:13 PM
Quote:
The '09 series of games shifted OS seriously with a big divide. I stopped posting because everything was an attack on people, developers or games.
IMO 09 everything shifted because EA started to get their **** together and make a quality product. Gave people/fans a leg to stand on. Live 10 really started a battle, then they collapsed. I actually played Live alot more those two years. Wasn't a fan of what 2k was doing. I hope I get 2 quality products this year, if not I can count on 2k for my fix.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.