Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Check out the latest NBA 2K15 gameplay video from IpodKingCarter, featuring the Miami Heat vs. New York Knicks.

Post your thoughts.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 vtcrb @ 09/14/14 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I think IKC did not 2k, but thats my issue with them, they're NOT releasing footage, not bootleg but legit footage for no good reason at all just to wait til a certain date, and I honestly have just expressed this to LD2k that they'll always get one upped by this stuff as long as they do this, but I digress...

Whether its a good representation or not, its out there now.

Good Lord man I guess it just depends on what forum you're in that makes it worth commenting on or if its just negativity.

I see where you stand

Hey Buddy you Sticking with PC or coming back(or already back) to Consoles?

# 162 23 @ 09/14/14 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
I been saying this for like 2 months now they seem so sure of themselves I guess I'd say.
Just because Live isn't really a threat doesn't mean it's time to get lazy and not give us some details until the last minute...literally lol.

I know i've been posting the schtick posts here, but its moreso because I hate it so much. The hype train thing for me is a waste. Just show me what you got but alas basketball games have turned to the duck and hide and damage control when the bootleg stuff shows up.

I would love to see what BEDs did, what Czar did but they're holding them from talking about it because its "almost here" and #Comingsoon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Hey Buddy you Sticking with PC or coming back(or already back) to Consoles?
Both man... can't leave PC because it'll end up a different game altogether, and hopefully someone creates another 90s mod like Rayhoops1 did.

Console is for my 60 inch

# 163 The 24th Letter @ 09/14/14 11:56 PM
Jealous of you PC guys and all your fancy mods....

BTW, doesn't the commentary at the beginning of the vid say this was 3rd party footage? Either way, I agree....time to put out some real footage if this isn't an accurate representation...

# 164 23 @ 09/15/14 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Jealous of you PC guys and all your fancy mods....

BTW, doesn't the commentary at the beginning of the vid say this was 3rd party footage? Either way, I agree....time to put out some real footage if this isn't an accurate representation...
I couldnt take it anymore man, had to get a PC. Best decision with this one and other games because they're cheaper and mods are terrific.

Give me a 90's nex gen mod and its a wrap.

# 165 actuallybrown @ 09/15/14 01:00 AM
Still doesn't have the 'Madison Square Garden' logo...smh

# 166 alaska2k3 @ 09/15/14 01:04 AM
...Eagerly awaiting official videos - not these phone recorded/offscreen captured clips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 167 JBulls @ 09/15/14 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by actuallybrown
Still doesn't have the 'Madison Square Garden' logo...smh
They weren't able to get the rights to it. Still, they could've at least put "New York Knicks | Arena" to fill the missing logo on the floor. Better than nothing.

# 168 GudStuffzz @ 09/15/14 01:29 AM
Looks more fluid then 2k14 so that's good. Defense still looks suspect though

# 169 Sundown @ 09/15/14 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I know i've been posting the schtick posts here, but its moreso because I hate it so much. The hype train thing for me is a waste. Just show me what you got but alas basketball games have turned to the duck and hide and damage control when the bootleg stuff shows up.

I would love to see what BEDs did, what Czar did but they're holding them from talking about it because its "almost here" and #Comingsoon...
This so much.

We're three weeks out from release. And still no official footage. If 2K marketing prefers to withold information with cryptic hashtags while bootleg clips show off their game badly and draw criticism instead of showing the game played properly in its full glory, it's kind of on them. :P

And I don't really get how the cat and mouse #hashtag game is supposed to build hype. After last year's experience following breadcrumbs and cryptic twitter feeds that call more attention to the social media marketing than to the actual game, I've pretty much stopped checking actively for information for 2K15 beyond a casual scan of OS here and there. As a result, I'm now actually under-hyped for a game I'm anticipating. I'm not sure if that was the intended effect, but at this point, both the information and the game will get here when it gets here.

# 170 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/14 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
improvements have been made. Sometimes there are still animations where I say why didn't the game let me jump? Or I'll say I was going to give the dunk to avoid fouling in close games. Sometimes I'll try to draw a charge and my guy basically gets sucked into a contest animation.

It's those instances ( and a few more) where I would like to have more control . It flows and looks really good but sometimes it's not what I want
Dude! You just hit on one of my biggest gripes with the game. That! And I won't know if that's improved, or preferably completely fixed by watching a video.

# 171 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/14 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
So basically real life lol
No, that's a tech demo..

# 172 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/14 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
SINCE you want to BOLD. Let me GUESS NO ROSTERs, PLAYBOOKS, Coaching Profiles or ANYTHING were used in that 3 minutes of Footage? That video was of 2k15 right? So it USED everything i listed above.

Not sure why you keep saying GRAINY footage like it is a 1960s NBA Film. IF you dont want to get VALID feedback from one of Your YOUTUBE Guy's videos, then DONT POST THEM. You obviously ONLY want, ""Oh this is AWESOME" comments. Which that video DIDNT warrant. POST videos from CURRENT Stuff and you will get FEEDBACK on that.

Sorry BEDs, i know you have to take company line as far as this goes, but LAST YEAR you would have had SAME thing I am saying.
No. You guys are basically telling him he's not doing his job with no insight at all. A completely ignorant perspective. If someone that doesn't see your work, start saying you're not doing your job, how would you react to that?

# 173 Boilerbuzz @ 09/15/14 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
This so much.

We're three weeks out from release. And still no official footage. If 2K marketing prefers to withold information with cryptic hashtags while bootleg clips show off their game badly and draw criticism instead of showing the game played properly in its full glory, it's kind of on them. :P

And I don't really get how the cat and mouse #hashtag game is supposed to build hype. After last year's experience following breadcrumbs and cryptic twitter feeds that call more attention to the social media marketing than to the actual game, I've pretty much stopped checking actively for information for 2K15 beyond a casual scan of OS here and there. As a result, I'm now actually under-hyped for a game I'm anticipating. I'm not sure if that was the intended effect, but at this point, both the information and the game will get here when it gets here.
It's why I get to the point where I could care less about marketing speak. I don't trust it at all. EA is the king. They do it better than most. And you know better than to trust them!

I come to the forum to find comments from the people that actually make the game. Not their marketing team.

# 174 KyotoCarl @ 09/15/14 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
if its a year of canned animations im just going to refer to this game as NBA 2Kanned from now on. WTF and throne are completely right. its a game of 2 person animations
Canned animations and two man animations are unavoidable. It's not necessarily a bad thing. All games use canned animations.

# 175 tarheel4lyfe851 @ 09/15/14 09:30 AM
I know this probably isn't the place to ask this but can someone explain to me how PC modding works? Wasn't 2K14 not available for PC last year? Yet you guys were able to play mods of it? How does this work because I've seen smoove play the Olympics from 2012 and that looks freaking sweet

# 176 El_Poopador @ 09/15/14 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel4lyfe851
I know this probably isn't the place to ask this but can someone explain to me how PC modding works? Wasn't 2K14 not available for PC last year? Yet you guys were able to play mods of it? How does this work because I've seen smoove play the Olympics from 2012 and that looks freaking sweet

2k14 was available for PC, but it was the version from last-gen.

# 177 tarheel4lyfe851 @ 09/15/14 10:25 AM
Has 2K always been available for PC?

# 178 Goffs @ 09/15/14 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel4lyfe851
Has 2K always been available for PC?

Started 2k9 and this is the first year that it's next gen for PC...

MLB was available for awhile and I think WWE2k will be on the PC as well...

# 179 vtcrb @ 09/15/14 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No. You guys are basically telling him he's not doing his job with no insight at all. A completely ignorant perspective. If someone that doesn't see your work, start saying you're not doing your job, how would you react to that?
BEDs and i have talked outside of this thread, so it is done.

# 180 PhiPsi1 @ 09/15/14 10:48 AM
@All OS brethren -

I think the conversation between vtcrb & bedwardsroy is quite 'encouraging'. Why? Because for one, we have a nation of SIM players / editors here in the OS forums that have an eye for the 'littlest' details when it comes to getting the CPU to play like their real-life counterpart, which provides ALL of us a SIM-like experience (or the closest possible)! Secondly, bedwardsroy's responsiveness to the community is AWESOME for us all! Now, we have an 'insider' (along with the legendary, Da Czar!) in house at 2K offices that actually LISTEN to our community! That is absolutely HUGE!

Lets give a great example just this year to how a game can evolve instantly b/c we have a team with open ears that will actually implement our feedback... *drum roll please*....EA UFC! Due to the efforts of our fellow brethren, aholbert (yo brother, if you read this...your the man!)...he worked with the EA Dev tea (along with other members) to get EA UFC to a more sim-like experience. Yes, it needs other items addressed, but seriously, what game doesnt.

So since we now have not one, BUT TWO awesome resources on the 'inside', our voices will be heard!

So thanks to vtcrb (and turty11) and our OS SIM Nation along with our 2K insiders (bedwardsroy & Da Czar - who were legendary resources here at OS)! Lets all keep on, keepin' on and collaborate! This has been actually a great year for sports gamers thus far and now having the community's voice being heard puts it to another level!

Just had to share my thoughts...

Cheers fellas!

P.S. - If 2k could let bedwardsroy and/or Da Czar get on the sticks for some gameplay against the AI / CPU, that would be epic!!! Lets make it happen bedwardsroy & Da Czar!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.