Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Video by Chris Smoove
on YouTube.

NBA 2K15 is rolling with a brand new look this year to MyCAREER with an all-new backstory where you will (spoiler alert) become an undrafted free agent. This year's mode begins in January instead of before the NBA season, where you will be signing on with short-term deals trying to make a team in the NBA. Another tidbit we've already known is you'll be able to scan your face into the game if you so choose, so your player will look a lot more like yourself if you want to go that route.

The big thing is that you'll be testing free agency right off of the bat, and testing different offers against one another. This is a unique take to the Career mode story, and it seems like a hopeful prospect that you'll be doing a lot of new things in this year's mode you haven't yet done.

Here's to hoping you can skip the cut scenes!

What did you think about the opening scene and the face scan technology?

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 bjthomas121 @ 09/22/14 04:07 PM
ANOTHER VOICE! YES!

# 2 BA2929 @ 09/22/14 04:09 PM
"The best part is, we're going to experience Free Agency this year"

Sold.

# 3 the_future420 @ 09/22/14 04:10 PM
Man I didn't even watch the vid, don't want anything to be spoiled since its gonna be cut scene driven again this year. All I really want to know about MyCareer is if I'll be forced to play 40+ minutes again.

# 4 m1ke_nyc @ 09/22/14 04:10 PM
Hopefully in the future they bring back the draft combine and give us the option of going that route and trying to be drafted or choosing to be a UDFA. either way excited to hear more news.

# 5 snocone @ 09/22/14 04:10 PM
Another voice! No Jackson Ellis!

Also, the writing seems a bit better this year.

# 6 City_foxx @ 09/22/14 04:11 PM
New voice!!!like the sound sounds like its comming from your t.V while watching draft. Undrafted premise sounds interesting cant wait to see how it plays out

# 7 snocone @ 09/22/14 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19LloydBanks82
We can only go undrafted? F that

I at least want the option to be the #1 pick, how realistic is it to go undrafted and then average like 40 points in your rookie season? SMH

About as unrealistic as averaging 40ppg in the modern NBA

# 8 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 09/22/14 04:13 PM
Sad how they dont have a simple fade with a line up in any nba 2k. Why can't we just choose a hairstyle from an NBA Player to make it easy.

# 9 etched Chaos @ 09/22/14 04:13 PM
Quote:

I at least want the option to be the #1 pick, how realistic is it to go undrafted and then average like 40 points in your rookie season? SMH
Uh, you may want to rethink your conclusion, the guy said we'll be hunting for 10-day contracts throughout the first season, chances are we'll not see much playing time from team to team. So unless you're a complete ballhog who shoots within 4 seconds, you're unlikely to average 20pts a game let alone 40.

# 10 BA2929 @ 09/22/14 04:14 PM
Quote:

I don't think you're going to get enough minutes your rookie season to average 40ppg unless you play on Rookie.

Seems like you'll be going on 10 day contracts, and those guys don't get that many minutes usually.

# 11 champ1997 @ 09/22/14 04:14 PM
WOW.............

# 12 morningstar777 @ 09/22/14 04:15 PM
A little dramatic no? Script needs work

# 13 KDurant35 @ 09/22/14 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da InFaMoUs NY
Sad how they dont have a simple fade with a line up in any nba 2k. Why can't we just choose a hairstyle from an NBA Player to make it easy.

They haven't shown all the hairstyles yet, relax

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 14 Vni @ 09/22/14 04:16 PM
The GTA likes cutscenes are definately a big turn off for me... Was never into MyCareer anyway.

# 15 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 09/22/14 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDurant35

one of the dudes who went to the team up said theres no fade, the closest to it is what chris smoove has.

# 16 m1ke_nyc @ 09/22/14 04:19 PM
I dont mind the cutscenes as long as we are not forced to play out a scripted story like 2K14 which seems to be the case again. I dont wanna play 2Ks career, I wanna play my own. It was so scripted in 2K14 that it affected the on the court play.

# 17 XxSpiritHunterX @ 09/22/14 04:21 PM
Looks great cutscene wise compared to last year.. I'm just hoping I don't end up averaging 40 a game because of stupid teammates and a scripted storyline

# 18 Retropyro @ 09/22/14 04:23 PM
Well all my built up interest just died. Forced to go undrafted? Terrible.

# 19 Rebel_INS @ 09/22/14 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDurant35

I believe the guy FranchisePlayer who was @ the Team Up confirmed that they still don't have a normal fade/ceaser in the game. Anyway, this looks like an interesting and fresh new approach. I'm anxious to try it out and see what the experience is like. I really liked when they released the Combine as a "demo" which tied into the full game. Was hoping for something like that but I'm game for the new look. Let's go! 2Kaaaaaaaaaaa...!

# 20 BluFu @ 09/22/14 04:25 PM
would have been nice for this scene/storyline to play out after a bad combine/rookie showcase.

« Previous1234567891415Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.