Home
Project CARS News Post

Rumors were swirling this morning and unfortunately, those rumors are true. The official Twitter account just announced Project CARS will be delayed until March 17, 2015.

Read the full press release below.

PROJECT CARS RE-SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 2015

Slightly Mad Studios and BANDAI NAMCO Games America Inc. today announced they will be moving the release of Project CARS for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC to March 17, 2015.

The move positions the title away from the competitive holiday scene dominated by household names while affording the team at Slightly Mad Studios additional time to extend and polish their ground-breaking and accomplished next-gen racing experience that’s been created alongside a community of over 85,000 racing fans and real-life professional drivers.

“Our goal has always been to deliver a landmark title that encompasses the wishes and desires of racing fans from all around the world; something with features and content powered by the community that provide a truly unforgettable and pioneering experience” said Ian Bell, Head of Studio at Slightly Mad Studios. “Whilst a tough decision to make, the change in release date allows the game the greatest chance of success and visibility, and the opportunity to polish the game even further to the high standards that both ourselves and our community demand and expect. We’re eager for you all to see what we’ve been working on in just a few months.”

Project CARS aims to deliver the most authentic, beautiful, intense, and technically-advanced racing game on the planet. Crowd-funded by a passionate community that has been involved in the development process from day-one to create their ultimate racing experience, Project CARS includes the largest track roster of any recent racing game, a huge variety of motorsports to play, a freeform and authentic career mode, world-class graphics and handling, dynamic time of day & weather, and a suite of community features and connectivity that leave the competition behind in the dust.

Game: Project CARSReader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Wii U / Xbox OneVotes for game: 1 - View All
Project CARS Videos
Member Comments
# 1 SinisterAlex @ 10/17/14 10:51 AM

# 2 Steve_OS @ 10/17/14 10:52 AM
Just added the official press release to the OP.

# 3 Khanchus @ 10/17/14 10:57 AM
disappointing yes, but ill be ok.

I was just saying to my self their are too many games be released i wont have enough time nor money for all of them.

I think march is a pretty good release date with not to much competition and ppl should yearning for a new game....

# 4 Dazraz @ 10/17/14 11:13 AM
Driveclub was full of hype & became a long awaited disappointment, I see this going the same way.

# 5 kaletore11 @ 10/17/14 11:23 AM
If this means it will be good when it comes out, I'm ok.

# 6 NexusVI Roy @ 10/17/14 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ NEO
guys try Assetto Corsa
I did and never go back..

https://www.youtube.com/user/4kracingtv
True, I was a Forza player and when tried Assetto I was amazed. If you look for sim racing that's definetely your game.

# 7 kwebbvols4423 @ 10/17/14 02:40 PM
This game is done for.

# 8 radney @ 10/17/14 04:43 PM
This is frustrating news. This was the only true racing game I was looking forward to on the new gen consoles. With there's no news of a new Nascar game and Formula 1 won't be released until March '15, there's nothing out there to satisfy my racing fix.

# 9 Shaffer26 @ 10/17/14 05:20 PM
Unbelievable. I didn't know a "few months" actually meant five months....

# 10 Ronoko @ 10/17/14 06:02 PM
Not particularly concerned, the alpha version of this game is far superior to Driveclub now. Read and watch the videos and impressions from people who have played it. It's unfortunate they didn't find a big publisher sooner in the development cycle, or the game would probably be out sooner.

# 11 mercalnd @ 10/17/14 08:03 PM
I was debating whether I was going to get MotoGP 14 when it comes out in North America in early November since Project Cars was coming 2 weeks later. Guess this has made the decision easier.

I'm not reading too much into the delay beyond that.

# 12 Tomba @ 10/17/14 08:56 PM
This game coming out on November 18 was one of my most looked forward to titles of the year this title was promised throughout the whole year to come out this year one month before release they delay it one month I repeat one month before release they delay it? You have to be utterly kidding me the game is widely known to be extremely polished as an early build or even a beta for them to say to us that the title needs more time when the Wii you version needed more time than the NexGen versions is absolutely mind-boggling they had all the time in the world if this game has been development for over four years I understand community funded projects are hard projects to lift off the ground however this got picked up by major councils this is inexcusable at this point next year it won't matter when it comes out

# 13 dill911 @ 10/18/14 05:58 PM
ya while I love that the game is getting more polish, this sucks plain and simple. I mean the game looks absolutely amazing, but this does suck. was eagerly anticipating this game coming out in a month and waiting until March is a bit like a kick to the balls. I hope it all works out, which I am sure it will though, but pretty crappy news to hear.

# 14 JMD @ 10/19/14 06:44 AM
Dissapointing yes, but not a big deal now that Driveclub is out, I'm loving it so far, and MXGP will be in my mailbox this week sometime. Not to mention GTA 5 will be out on the 18th as well. There will be plenty to do until March.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.