Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers, giving you six hours of total gameplay. Play a quick game and post your impressions.

PlayStation 4 users will get a demo on the 28th and non-EA Access subscribers on the Xbox One will be able to grab the trial version on the same date.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DirtyJerz32 @ 10/23/14 02:24 AM
Played a half with Kings and my Nets before bed. Loving the game so far. The movement and spacing is great imo. Make sure you put the player movement on auto for both cpu and yourself. This is huge just like last year, but this year they changed it up a little. Numerous times down the court before I would call a play KG or Brook would be trying to set a pick for me.

Also I like the fact that any guard on the court can start a play. I got into a rhythm with a couple of Pick plays and JJ, DWill, and JJack started the play. Great addition this year.

The physics in the paint can get a little wonky just like any other EA game, but after turning up fouls to 100 I noticed more calls in the paint. At the half, the Kings shot 9-15 and I shot 7-11 from the FT Line.

Can't wait to get home tomorrow to play. Unfortunately I've already used 5 of the 6 hour limit. There goes $5 more dollars. Can't wait until 10/28

# 62 kane.tan @ 10/23/14 02:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUw9oLACwiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obffthy-NzY

Gameplay!!!!
credits to TicoisTocory Perez
Just sharing

# 63 kane.tan @ 10/23/14 03:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUw9oLACwiw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obffthy-NzY

Gameplay!!!!
credits to TicoisTocory Perez
Just sharing

# 64 kane.tan @ 10/23/14 03:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx8SV2CNGxs&list=UUqvH9Dh8hhmCgSfshu0AXSQ

another gameplay.

# 65 Brian_OS @ 10/23/14 03:08 AM
Like most of you I am very surprised. LIVE is back!

Some things I noticed..

Presentation: definitely gives 2k a run and in some cases, trumps it entirely. The half time show is really good and used all of the ESPN overlays and updates. I noticed when playing as the Kings they have their actual area sounds and music... That is killer and to my knowledge, had never been done. It really pulls you into the game. Play by play is servisible and does not detract from the game.

Gameplay.. This game us flat out fun to play. Yes the inside game is a bit wonky but overall it plays really well.

Need to get a few more games under my belt to make a decision on purchasing or not but so far I like what I see.

# 66 Playmakers @ 10/23/14 03:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
sometimes players will take off like a rocket out of nowhere and dunk over everyone.

I really don't like the flow of the game, the half court ball and player movement is too robotic and basic and the cpu goes to the post with players like Ibaka and Perkins like they are Patrick Ewing. Overall a good effort on EA's part but still a long way to go.
Ohhhh Hell NOOOOOOOOO......

Please tell me this isn't true about Rocket Dunking????

That crap has been in the game for the past decade and I just don't understand why this is so hard to just eliminate...

I mean seriously just lower the player verticals across the board to get rid of this arcade crap.

As for the 2nd comment I guess we have to wait for Synergy to see if it fixes the issues you described with the low post players....that's been happening for years also with no changes by EA.

But again I'd wait to see if Synergy fixes the problem...

# 67 swac07 @ 10/23/14 03:35 AM
Just updated my bug claims with visuals

# 68 Dawsool @ 10/23/14 03:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegreat
Have you played the game?
14 yes, 15 no. But the fact that you said "That arcade fun." is what I was referring to, not the entire post. "Arcade" is a huge red flag in my eyes. I liked a few things in stream and other vids but disliked a lot more than I anticipated.

# 69 Tha_Kid @ 10/23/14 04:06 AM
It's Live 14 at its heart. Graphics are really next gen now (Esp the detail with the arenas/shot clock and the player body types/tattoos/kicks) and the scanned faces and emotions are amazing. There are alot of new animations and when the ragdoll physics kick it almost gives the feeling of some emergent gameplay. But if you put time into Live 14 you'll see all of the legacy issues within 3 games.

The unstoppable PG drives to the basket complete with the shot clipping through defenders, still there. Once difficulty is bumped up to All Star contested shots inside go in at a high clip.

Suspect late game AI (Wizards v Suns, cpu Suns down 3 off the timeout they inbound to Plumlee behind the 3pt line who holds the ball for 8 seconds before throwing up a prayer 3, no dribble, no attempt to get the ball to dragic/thomas/green etc)

an overall sense of generic play. The preview game has Lebron and Durant and those teams are pretty well done but when you start getting into your team or Ult Team you see just isn't much differentiation outside of some dribble packages and sig shots. Many guys who had FT routines before (ie Paul Pierce) now have the same generic free throw. Teammate help AI is questionable often leaving shooters wide open behind the line even when you set your gameplan to pressure shooters, without the threat of dribble penetration and to top it off 3s go in at a pretty high rate from my 5 game sample size (playing on All Star AutoMotion on for H/A). The post game is essentially the same as what was in 14 and frustratingly there is no shot timing feedback for shots out of the post.

The player control and passing feels much better than 14 but there are still many cases of awkward sliding/carrying on the perimeter and in the paint that result in some ugly sequences. Fastbreaks work well as long as you pass the ball, but the game fails the John Wall test as defenders will run back and get ahead of Wall even when Wall started the break with a clear path. The ballhandler is just too slow and Wall even with one of the highest speed ratings can't outrun anyone when saddled with whatever penalty this game has applied to the ballhandler.

Autosubs still put in asinine combinations. Gortat played 0 minutes at PF for the Wizards but Live will still play him as a 4 next to Kevin Seraphin. Rating accuracy trails off once you get past the top 8 or so on a team and while synergy updates tendencies regularly, judging from Live 10/14, they are very slow to adjust actual player ratings. Last season it wasn't even until Feb or March that Ariza got a 3pt rating adjustment to reflect his career year.

In 14 there was a way to shoot floaters through a modifier, it's unclear if that is an option in 15.

I went from pleasantly surprised at the leap during the onboarding and Cavs/Thunder game to realizing I probably won't own a basketball game this year because I played Live 14, rough as it was, into the ground, and there is just not enough new at the core of this game to justify my $60. For the most part, the things this game does well it did well last year. The graphical fidelity, ragdoll physics on shot attempts and zippy passing are welcome additions, but basketball wise its just not all there. The "basketball" jump from 14 to 15 is frustratingly small compared to the graphical jump.

# 70 alexthegreat @ 10/23/14 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawsool
14 yes, 15 no. But the fact that you said "That arcade fun." is what I was referring to, not the entire post. "Arcade" is a huge red flag in my eyes. I liked a few things in stream and other vids but disliked a lot more than I anticipated.
I got you. That arcade-style is just what I've, personally, come to expect from LIVE after all these years. It could be really fun if a few things were tweaked, though.

# 71 Walt Frazier @ 10/23/14 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid

Suspect late game AI (Wizards v Suns, cpu Suns down 3 off the timeout they inbound to Plumlee behind the 3pt line who holds the ball for 8 seconds before throwing up a prayer 3, no dribble, no attempt to get the ball to dragic/thomas/green etc)

Thank you for the very in depth impressions. Your honesty and detail is much appreciated. The late game AI issue has just sealed a 'no buy' for me. I can't believe they didn't address that.

# 72 DaWolf @ 10/23/14 04:36 AM
Played two games:

- Somethings terribly wrong with the shooting: Animations and releases are super quick, not fun to shoot at all
- Graphics alook great
- Nice standard camera angle
- Good presenation and crowd sounds
- Animations hit and miss (more miss tbh)
- Controls need to be tightend up
- Rim physics are bad, net physics are great
- Signature size up dribbles look nice
- Dribbling as a whole not as smooth as it should be
- Great spacing
- Overall the game has an overall hectic feel to it - kind of like the opposite of Live 14

= Good improvement but a lot of work still to do. Please patch the shooting its terrible!

# 73 baseballguy @ 10/23/14 05:33 AM
Thanks for the impressions. Looking forward to giving it a spin tonight.

# 74 Ermolli @ 10/23/14 06:47 AM
Is the Day One patch within the trial? I'm asking because I believe I've read that one if it's improvements was better defense in the paint which is something many people here aren't liking.

# 75 exposedaking @ 10/23/14 06:47 AM
I love how the crowd watches the game instead of staring at nothing

Theres plenty of hair movement for some players

I love the small details, for example Russell Westbrooks red Jordan rubberbands

Game play is pretty fun...some signature shots are ugly lol the game is smooth and very responsive, I've never felt out of control. The dribbling moves need some work but the sig size ups are great. it's not perfect, but it's not bad. This game is very much playable

Lots of good animations and emotions from players

The courts are top notch...best I've seen, especially the bk nets arena

I feel they nailed the atmosphere of an nba game

Day 1 buy for me

# 76 CujoMatty @ 10/23/14 06:57 AM
just fired it up. quick thoughts.
pros
looks waaaay better than last year.
espn integration is great. arenas look great.
shooting fouls at 100 gave very realistic results to me.
half time is my second favorite thing.
my favorite thing is the blocks. they generally look fantastic. I love watching a great rejection where the ball leaves the court in a hurry.

cons
almost everything with movement or animations just looks weird to me.
shot release mechanic is off and just not good.
contact in the paint also is weird. reminds me of the first year madden did the real physics.
I played it on all star and I really have no idea what im doing and destroyed the cpu. shooting numbers were crazy. I only missed one 3 out of 12 attempts.
alot of people seemed to like the atmosphere but im just not feeling it.

I bought EA access for the other games so I figured id try it. Im not gonna lie im probably bias towards the other bball game so maybe I shouldnt even have posted my impressions but I guess thats why im giving that as my disclaimer. I definetly see potential but to me its a ways off yet. I hope the live fans get the game they deserve soon and hopefully live 15 is the start of that but I definetly dont think were there yet.

# 77 thedream2k13 @ 10/23/14 07:21 AM
Better than 14 but not ready for the spotlight. Shot releases are button taps , paint defense needs patched, and some animations like passing are rough. The crowd is the same which is great and the game works without many bugs. Good job EA can't wait til 16. I will place this in the arcade/Sim category .

# 78 grodbetatted @ 10/23/14 07:22 AM
I love the shooting for those who say the releases are too quick... In the NBA players have quick releases they don't wind up and shoot like the other game, but we shall see how things progress with patches in the future. I believe there is a day one patch releasing and I'm sure the game we play now isn't with the day one patch

# 79 bkluvsm3 @ 10/23/14 07:24 AM
Overall it is a huge improvement over 14 still a lot of work needed to be done in order to compare it to the "Competitor" it's definitely a good change of pace from 2k15 but a few improvements away it's a least in same league with it now they actually did somethings better than 2k like arena atmosphere and court spacing is done really nice graphics aren't there yet only had few games under my belt I'll be picking this up on 28th

-Edit player option not in this year (really disappointed this Is Next Gen that should be standard in all Sports Titles we shouldn't have to wait on roster updates to change player #, or make trades sign free agents or update gear
-sig shots need to recaptured follow through after release on some aren't realistic I played with Melo shot looks and feel nasty Jr smith as well hopefully they address this in 16 not a game changer for me
-player movement still feel lil funny at time better than 14 tho
Hopefully day 1 patch fixes that when u do sig crossover it's like a lil slight delay before player transition into next animation whether that driving to hoop or taking jumper

# 80 The 24th Letter @ 10/23/14 07:32 AM
Stayed up way too late trying this out, lol

They need to ship the game with a minimum of last years Synergy info...at least I think that's what the issue is. The pull up J's, triple threat moves that KD & Melo did last year don't seem to be in. Player's (and teams for that matter) really lack an identity right now.

Man there are a lot of detail's that are impressive. The players eyes track the ball even better than last year. You look at a replay of a player getting a block...he's tracking the ball with his head and really swatting it with his hand...it's pretty cool to see. The atmosphere is amazing, and the presentation of the game really draws you in visually. Breen, JVG, and Jalen are much improved form last year but they all still do those awkward pauses....I can see that being an issue last year, but I'm not sure why it would still sound like that...The sound team nailed everything else, but that's a rough spot.

On the offensive side of the ball, the game is pretty fun. Still a lot of awkward animations, especially close to the basket. There's a lot of sweeping high arching hooks by big men that just look odd. The dribbling looks to be on a completely different animation system than every thing else, because its so smooth (the size ups anyway). The animations don't feel as good as the looked on the Live stream, but they look like basketball movements, which is a big step from last year, lol. I love how a lot of Live's set shots look.

The defense is my biggest sticking point. The CPU PG is inept against any forward moving crossover, you can push them all the way into the lane consistently, and if a big doesn't come over for a block, its a done deal. There is still a distinct lack of defensive counters to what the offense does...help defenders whiff often on direct drives to the basket. When contact does occur, it looks nice and you can tell the added a good variety of animations, but it's not consistent at all. The CPU is untouchable underneath the rim, a lot of dunking put backs, and layup animations that cant be interrupted...This was tweaked last year, no idea why it has returned. Going to keep playing and learning the nuances of the game and see if that helps.

Last thing ill say is EA HAS to fix the AI late game logic...I didn't even entertain the idea that this would be something that could return, and it HAS!. Players aren't holding the ball until the clock runs out any more but they have no awareness in late game situations. Ive seen Derrick Rose dribble into a 2 pointer down 3 with 10 seconds left and the Warriors post David Lee in the final seconds and end the game in an awkward fade away down 2. It's incredibly frustrating to play a whole game and have the A.I behave like this at the end of games.

I've been hearing late game A.I and defense were worked on in the delay...if that's the case, we have ourselves a ball game...

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.