Home
NBA Live 15 News Post

NBA Live 15 is available now for EA Access subscribers, giving you six hours of total gameplay. Play a quick game and post your impressions.

PlayStation 4 users will get a demo on the 28th and non-EA Access subscribers on the Xbox One will be able to grab the trial version on the same date.

Game: NBA Live 15Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 13 - View All
NBA Live 15 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 ccoaxum @ 10/23/14 07:37 AM
This game is pretty good, the players seem alive when you see the up close like shooting free throws, the fouls on the games is crazy. I never see a basketball game actually call foul when the hand touches the shooters hands after it made contact, you usually your clips through the players but not on this game, westbrook got like three four point plays on me cause I didn't want to give him a open shot , I charged at him to jump late and touched his hands...foul! Lol I was like omg! Like I just watched my team do something crazy...I lost in double OT to Westbrook n Durant .they dominated like their real selves...if you leave them open at the three or any where they will take the shot!

# 82 WTF @ 10/23/14 07:40 AM
Synergy plays a huge part. Playing w last year's synergy info makes a world of difference. I'm trying to see if the day 1 patch is included or not.

# 83 WarlordZMaster @ 10/23/14 07:41 AM
How big is the DL on Xbox One?

# 84 The 24th Letter @ 10/23/14 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Synergy plays a huge part. Playing w last year's synergy info makes a world of difference. I'm trying to see if the day 1 patch is included or not.

Ah ok, so Synergy isn't in quite yet?

# 85 oasis90 @ 10/23/14 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordZMaster
How big is the DL on Xbox One?
14gb if i remember right

# 86 ifitbeginsitends @ 10/23/14 08:02 AM
I've been playing for the last two hours or so. it definitely takes some getting used to. I lost to the cavs while playing as the thunder in my first game, I stunk it up with kd trey 5. I have to admit, I was like 4-20 something. I couldn't get his timing down, and not to mention I had the game on superstar. lost by 9.

second game in the garden at home vs the nets and I turned up with Melo! dropped 30 and shot 11-12 from the field and I won by 8. the sets are very vanilla though. you can defend also, just gotta stay in front of your man and play angles. I was also able to defend the rim when properly positioned and timed. I was very happy to be able to pull out of the post defense animations. I need more time doing the training but dont want to waste my time in there.

the graphics are improved, but it makes the non scanned players stand out way more. it also doesn't look as good as the picks. kd is SPOT ON! whoa! he looks really good. I just have to get his timing down.

I don't know if I like the dribbling yet. I feel like its more like 2k in the sense that the stick movement feels like its activating an animation as opposed to live 10 where it FELT like you were moving the ball. I'm not really able to eloquently word it, so you guys may not get my point. I probably just need more practice.

overall, it feels different for sure, but the controls are still pretty much the same. idk, I have mixed feelings right now. its definitely better than 14. just need to really get into the sticks some more.

# 87 ifitbeginsitends @ 10/23/14 08:32 AM
I had a moment where I had Jr at the top of the key, he breaks his man down, drives left towards the basket every one collapses, I see Melo open in the left corner, as Jr passes he's says " that's all you" as soon as Melo catches it the crowd starts yelling "THREEEEEEEEEEEE" Splash! mike Breen with the BANG, Melo walks his first few steps puts three to the dome as the garden erupts! I caught goose bumps!

I just need the controls down. this is a very good game! much improved! still has some weirdness in terms of player movements. not fidelity, but in terms of I don't know how they're facing the way they face sometimes but its really good. looking forward to a great season!

# 88 CujoMatty @ 10/23/14 08:58 AM
Look at Westbrooks arms. Dude is yoked in nba live 15. I dont get why EA has jacked player models In all their games. Madden same thing. kickers that look like they bench 500 pounds.

# 89 loosey101 @ 10/23/14 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifitbeginsitends
I had a moment where I had Jr at the top of the key, he breaks his man down, drives left towards the basket every one collapses, I see Melo open in the left corner, as Jr passes he's says " that's all you" as soon as Melo catches it the crowd starts yelling "THREEEEEEEEEEEE" Splash! mike Breen with the BANG, Melo walks his first few steps puts three to the dome as the garden erupts! I caught goose bumps!

I just need the controls down. this is a very good game! much improved! still has some weirdness in terms of player movements. not fidelity, but in terms of I don't know how they're facing the way they face sometimes but its really good. looking forward to a great season!

Glad to hear the classic "bang"is back. When I submitted feedback for 15 I told him, keep the bang, matter of fact increase the amount of "bangs".

# 90 Gorilla Glass @ 10/23/14 09:10 AM
I got in two games last night and really enjoy it. The flow, the spacing was all there, but I couldn't get a feel for the shooting. Right now it seems like luck. Maybe I was tired or maybe I shouldn't have skipped the tuT. lol

Anyways, the fast break game is awesome and I will be saying "Xbox record that" a lot this year online

Graphical improvements are definitely on display. The arenas are beautiful. SOME players are beautiful. Supposedly EA will tighten up the body types throughout the year and that's a good thing. lol

Presentation is on point. It will draw you in unless you lost. lol

Overall, I would give it an 8.5 out of 10, for my time with it thus far.

# 91 VTPack919 @ 10/23/14 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Its better but its still not there yet. Animations are still an issue. The atmosphere and control are great and arguably the best of any basketball game out. Not enough movement by the CPU or CPU teammates.

I turned auto motion to auto instead of manual in the game settings and this remedied that for me. I was having the same concern.

# 92 oasis90 @ 10/23/14 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTimeTimmyJim
I turned auto motion to auto instead of manual in the game settings and this remedied that for me. I was having the same concern.
Where is the auto motion in the settings? Thanks!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

# 93 VTPack919 @ 10/23/14 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis90

Just look around in the settings menu in game, it's really not hard to find. I would give you more info, but I am at my desk at work. Not in front of my One at the moment.

# 94 VTPack919 @ 10/23/14 09:25 AM
First quick impression. This game has that fun factor that has been missing from 2k for a few years for me. Could be because it reminds me of Live 10, like 32 was saying to me this AM.

# 95 Gorilla Glass @ 10/23/14 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis90

I think right below auto subs or nit far from it in settings.

# 96 uponablackstar @ 10/23/14 09:54 AM
Well, might as will chip in with my early pros and cons.

PROS
  • A very impressive game from a visual standpoint, barring a few hitches here and there. Arenas and player models look fantastic.
  • Loving the ESPN presentation.
  • The responsiveness of the controls is incredibly refreshing.
  • Crowd sounds are done so well that it literally gave me goosebumps once during a "Finals Atmosphere" game.
  • Much improved ball/rim physics. Still needs a little tweaking ball-wise, but a lot less floaty than last year.
  • Shooting feels great -- especially with some of the nicer signature shots I've tried.
  • Dribble moves might be a little too easy, but it's still incredibly fun to pull them off.

CONS
  • Commentary is a relatively generic, for the most part. In the future, the NBA Live series has got to move beyond calling out who has the ball and who made the shot.
  • Something is off with the proportions of player sizes versus courts. Everyone looks really small. Can't decide if this is due to the camera angles or not just yet.
  • Is it me, or are do the jersey numbers on the back of the jerseys, as well as the names, look really weird? The letters are super small, and the numbers are massive and blocky.
  • Still some weird animations going on from time to time -- mostly with post moves, from what I've experienced so far.
  • It's a little too easy to drive to the paint for easy buckets right now. A patch will need to address that before we start seeing an onslaught of And1-styled players dominating the online experience.
  • From an overall standpoint, this game is way too offense-oriented. Too easy to hit shots, and superstar players feel like glorified "win-buttons" right now. Needs more ebb and flow.
  • AI player movement needs to improve. Players stand still way too often, and hopefully we'll see some more organic movement after a few patches.
  • Certain players have dead eyes -- kind of that expressionless glazed over look. Somewhat diminishes how accurate they look.

# 97 Da InFaMoUs NY @ 10/23/14 10:10 AM
achievements still dont unlock for me.

# 98 4eva_Erk @ 10/23/14 10:30 AM
After playing two quick games I realized that Live15 may not be a great game or finished product but it sure is a lot of fun to play. 2k is a great game but it is frustrating to play at times. I feel that love is going in the right direction. One thing u can't do is play Live like 2k.. It's two different games with two different styles...if you go into playing live with and open mind I thingk u will be quite surprised with what u find. The presentation is authentic.. Me being a bulls fans I love how they input specific arena songs. Playing with the Bulls at the UC I heard the "everybody clap your hands" song play when I was bringing the ball up the court.. The little detail makes the atmosphere that much better. They game has wonky animations from time to time but it's far better than 14... More close to live 10... One thing I did notice playing with the Bulls was when they did the intro of the UC and panned to the retired jerseys in the rafters MJ was missing .. Anybody else notice that? Does MJ have an exclusive deal with 2k? He can't because his shoes are in Live.. Maybe it was just a glitch

# 99 blackngoldfan @ 10/23/14 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uponablackstar
Well, might as will chip in with my early pros and cons.

PROS
  • A very impressive game from a visual standpoint, barring a few hitches here and there. Arenas and player models look fantastic.
  • Loving the ESPN presentation.
  • The responsiveness of the controls is incredibly refreshing.
  • Crowd sounds are done so well that it literally gave me goosebumps once during a "Finals Atmosphere" game.
  • Much improved ball/rim physics. Still needs a little tweaking ball-wise, but a lot less floaty than last year.
  • Shooting feels great -- especially with some of the nicer signature shots I've tried.
  • Dribble moves might be a little too easy, but it's still incredibly fun to pull them off.

CONS
  • Commentary is a relatively generic, for the most part. In the future, the NBA Live series has got to move beyond calling out who has the ball and who made the shot.
  • Something is off with the proportions of player sizes versus courts. Everyone looks really small. Can't decide if this is due to the camera angles or not just yet.
  • Is it me, or are do the jersey numbers on the back of the jerseys, as well as the names, look really weird? The letters are super small, and the numbers are massive and blocky.
  • Still some weird animations going on from time to time -- mostly with post moves, from what I've experienced so far.
  • It's a little too easy to drive to the paint for easy buckets right now. A patch will need to address that before we start seeing an onslaught of And1-styled players dominating the online experience.
  • From an overall standpoint, this game is way too offense-oriented. Too easy to hit shots, and superstar players feel like glorified "win-buttons" right now. Needs more ebb and flow.
  • AI player movement needs to improve. Players stand still way too often, and hopefully we'll see some more organic movement after a few patches.
  • Certain players have dead eyes -- kind of that expressionless glazed over look. Somewhat diminishes how accurate they look.
In the vids that I've watched, every mid/outside shot is either brick or swish. The ball didn't bounce or roll around the rim to give you that suspense. Is this still true?

# 100 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 10/23/14 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
I did a video impression video, and have some other game play vids uploading. I'll post them here:

Impressions video:

Bulls Vs Pacers w/ commentary: http://youtu.be/5y4xA-nwQXs
Mavericks Vs Rockets: http://youtu.be/Ay3OfLlN5bc

--- Got two more, uploading now, will update post
Hornets Right ?

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.