Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

A few more MLB 15 The Show details have been revealed at GameStop. The new radio show and improved load times sound good. If you missed the trailer earlier today, click here.

Check out the details below.
  • Licensed Equipment - For the first time ever, partnerships from various brands will bring accurate bats, gloves, cleats, and batting gloves to the game.
  • Year-to-Year Saves - Users who purchased MLB 14 The Show will be able to continue their Franchise and Road to the Show progress in MLB 15 The Show. Saves between the two releases will be forward-compatible, meaning you never have to worry about starting your Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over!
  • Universal Rewards - Simply playing the game earns Stubs that can be spent on licensed equipment, Road to The Show improvements, and virtual baseball cards.
  • Legends - We're introducing 30 Iconic MLB Alumni into our virtual player card pool, 1 representative for each team. These players span every historic baseball era of the last 70 years. Like all of our Universal Rewards, you have a chance of finding a historic virtual player card to add to your collection and utilize throughout MLB 15 The Show.
  • Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting, and enhanced player personality help make MLB 15 The Show the most authentic baseball experience yet. (PS4 Only)
And that's just the beginning. A new Radio Show, Directional hitting, improved load times, and a completely overhauled Diamond Dynasty mode help MLB 15 The Show prove that Baseball Is Better.

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 161 ShowTyme15 @ 12/10/14 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Wait, what? Is this something we can do in MLB 14 or are you saying this should be a new feature?
It's already in MLB 14. You can reject or accept CPU/CPU trades with 30 team control.

Just click on pending transactions tab then cycle through the pending transactions screen using L1 & R1 until you see offered trades screen then cycle through team by team (L2/R2) and see what was offered then click on the offer to review it. Reject it or accept it.

# 162 mvb34 @ 12/10/14 03:57 PM
Directional hitting = Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 163 Candymandagreat @ 12/10/14 04:14 PM
OMG.......................

# 164 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 12/10/14 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Dont have to control all 30 with 30 team control review trades and accept or decline pretty simple process
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
It's already in MLB 14. You can reject or accept CPU/CPU trades with 30 team control.

Just click on pending transactions tab then cycle through the pending transactions screen using L1 & R1 until you see offered trades screen then cycle through team by team (L2/R2) and see what was offered then click on the offer to review it. Reject it or accept it.
Thanks guys! Never had a playstation until this year, so this was my first year with the game and that was one of the few things I really didn't like about the game, so this is a game-changer for me.

With my Cubbies finally looking like they're back and the fact that we can transfer our franchise to MLB 15, it's gotten me all pumped up to give this game a try again.

# 165 ShowTyme15 @ 12/10/14 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Thanks guys! Never had a playstation until this year, so this was my first year with the game and that was one of the few things I really didn't like about the game, so this is a game-changer for me.

With my Cubbies finally looking like they're back and the fact that we can transfer our franchise to MLB 15, it's gotten me all pumped up to give this game a try again.
No problem man. Just check the offers screen often in May-July (after each game) as the CPU tends to start making a lot of trades around that time and it does trade some guys multiple times so keep an eye on it.

# 166 Jimmydm90 @ 12/10/14 07:44 PM
Ramone confirmed on the ps nation podcast that sounds of the show will not be in MLB 15 ps4. There will be improved lighting, player emotions and more stadiums. there will be a ton of twitch streams coming early 2015 showing off the game.

# 167 Blzer @ 12/10/14 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikko25
they keep saying the most new features ever but i have a feeling they are all gonna be tiny barely noticeable features.
Directional hitting is one, which could also mean they've entirely scrapped and redone their hitting engine (especially for low pitches, the opposite field, etc.)... which could incorporate certain spins, so ball physics 3.0 or whatever they want to call it could be in effect.

They also might have a momentum system in place for fielding. Not in terms of angling (okay yes in terms of that as well), but really in terms of throwing. You can't cut a ball off on your backhand side going away from the field without the penalty of a loftier throw, etc. That would be very nice to incorporate, as well as setting up behind a fly ball (like an L2 positioning tactic). There is also the possibility of calling on cut-off men on any given through, rather than predetermining a cut-off throw.

Finally, pitching might have something to say with the analog system. I made this wish a long while back (looks like my images are gone though), and maybe they'll do more to it to make attributes matter in a different way.

I didn't play 14 so I don't know what kind of baserunning changes there were, but in 13 they had bad moments of rounding bases.

Drag bunts maybe can be pulled back now? Option to try and bare-hand a ball? Calling a game as a catcher? More push/pull tendencies influenced by the batter up? Separation on ball physics between grass and dirt, brick and padding? Better controlled lean-over-fence animations and triggers? A whole new collision system in general?

I mean there are so many things you can get in the game and make happen.

EDIT: Sadly, it looks like I can't even edit my post in that other thread because it's closed. Yet, I still have the original images on my computer. I have re-uploaded them and re-posted exactly what was in that other thread, re-including the pictures. The idea remains that things in this game can change and significantly for the better.

Spoiler

# 168 Arizito Sports @ 12/10/14 08:39 PM
Very interesting can't wait to see the new things this up coming season.

# 169 Factzzz @ 12/10/14 11:11 PM
Ramone said there's new stadiums, maybe because single A is playable this year and they needed some more stadiums for single A.

# 170 merchant1874 @ 12/11/14 07:17 AM
They have actually added quite a few new stadiums in the last couple of years.

Makes you wonder why they havent at least added a closed roof option for the domes.

# 171 MatrixTN @ 12/11/14 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
Ramone confirmed on the ps nation podcast that sounds of the show will not be in MLB 15 ps4.
Will it still be in the PS3 version?

# 172 tabarnes19_SDS @ 12/11/14 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Will it still be in the PS3 version?

Yes I would assume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 173 SoxFan01605 @ 12/11/14 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudoffs
Radio Show!! Sweet!!

Wait, this isn't the 1940's

crap
Cute, but you should realize that sports radio is not only alive and well, but thriving here in the 21st century.

# 174 Jimmydm90 @ 12/11/14 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Cute, but you should realize that sports radio is not only alive and well, but thriving here in the 21st century.

I didn't have a TV in October so I actually listened to much of the playoffs on Giant's radio. It was great!

# 175 Blzer @ 12/11/14 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
I didn't have a TV in October so I actually listened to much of the playoffs on Giant's radio. It was great!
We are so spoiled to have Duane Kuiper, Mike Krukow, Jon Miller and Dave Flemming. It's literally half of what makes watching/listening to a Giants game so great.

Come to think of it, I wonder who they even got for the radio show... I also wonder if it's more than one person.

# 176 WaitTilNextYear @ 12/11/14 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merchant1874
Makes you wonder why they havent at least added a closed roof option for the domes.
This hasn't been ruled out for '15 to my knowledge. In fact, on the podcast, Ramone would not say. He would not give many specifics at all, but for things that definitely aren't in like SOTS and rain outs, he did say so...if that means anything.

I wonder if the new stadiums have to do with closed/open versions of current stadiums? Or if they are classic stadiums or minor league stadiums only.

# 177 dodgerblue @ 12/12/14 12:03 AM
Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting. (PS4 Only)

Didn't really notice the night lighting improvements but they do still have a few months before release.

# 178 Blzer @ 12/12/14 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgerblue
Major Graphical Improvements - Visually, the introduction of real time seasonal sun and shadows, revamped night lighting. (PS4 Only)

Didn't really notice the night lighting improvements but they do still have a few months before release.
Lighting on the field? Not sure. They'll probably definitely address the stands/scoreboards which didn't get lit last year (see Busch, PETCO, Fenway, etc).

As far as skies go? There already is an improvement. It reaches pitch black all around again as it used to, but it didn't seem to do that in 14. I'm hoping this is the year they have finally addressed twilight skies since they have added progressive daytime transitions six years ago! They give me hope.

Maybe they will also include something like MLB 2K7 where you can just choose what hour you want to start the game at. Whether it's 7:00 PM or 7:00 AM, the sun has its own clock and just keeps going around and around as long as your game goes on. That was so cool.

# 179 hitman23 @ 12/12/14 01:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I wish it mentioned something about player models/body types.
Me too. They have had a full year to get onto the bus with the other PS4 games like The Last of Us and Far Cry 4.

# 180 Jlane481 @ 12/13/14 12:38 AM
You do too speak Walmart I heard you.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.