Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

Jason Grueter has posted this NBA 2K15 video showing off what seems to be the most unlikely AND ONE shot you will ever see in the game.

If you have seen one better, let us know.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 01/16/15 10:56 AM
Unfortunately I've see similar Ridiculous type of shots a lot at the rec/park.

But this one takes the cake

# 2 jeebs9 @ 01/16/15 11:03 AM
Wow now that was sick!!

# 3 worstsportsgamer1977 @ 01/16/15 11:24 AM
as nutty as that is, having played this game from launch day. it does not surprise me. this game does everything it can to make you snap your controller in half. thats rage inducing right there. unless it was my team that did it.....

# 4 Bolt957 @ 01/16/15 11:27 AM
This is a perfect reason to rage quit. Lol.

# 5 JerzeyReign @ 01/16/15 11:27 AM
Would it count though? All the basketball I've played/watched, I really don't know the answer to that haha.

Would the block end the shot attempt?

# 6 BigT34 @ 01/16/15 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Would it count though? All the basketball I've played/watched, I really don't know the answer to that haha.

That's my question, too.

theoretically the play has ended because of the foul, however there is a continuation shot attempt. Not sure what specifically ends that attempt--I'd assume it's the contact with the ground (for example, a shot can be blocked but still go in and count).

# 7 scottyp180 @ 01/16/15 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign

I was wondering the same thing but I'd have to go with BigT34's assumption that the play would end after making contact with the ground. It would be one thing if the ball was blocked and the deflection resulted in the ball going into the basket similar to a tip in.

# 8 VDusen04 @ 01/16/15 12:13 PM
I share the same question as the rest of you guys. Incredible and enjoyable highlight, but I'm wondering if it'd count. I think it'd be similar to end of quarter heaves. Sometimes I'd wonder if one of them would bounce just right, hitting off the floor and into the hoop, but I feel as though the floor contact would end the shot attempt.

# 9 ataman5 @ 01/16/15 12:26 PM
Now that is live ball!!!

# 10 J.C @ 01/16/15 12:36 PM
cheesy thunder is cheesy

# 11 nickthemajin @ 01/16/15 12:50 PM
Awesome shot but it highlights a problem I've had with 2k for years. The crowd and commentators seem completely not in sync with whats happening in the game. In real life something like would cause the crowd and commentators to go nuts. It would push 2k over the edge into absolute greatness if this was somehow able to be done in the game.

Like if say you sign Seth Curry and he goes for 30 points have the commentators talk about what an unlikely explosion it was kind of like what the commentators are doing with Hassan Whiteside in the real nba. Or the crowd reacting to a game winner.

# 12 Real2KInsider @ 01/16/15 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthemajin
Awesome shot but it highlights a problem I've had with 2k for years. The crowd and commentators seem completely not in sync with whats happening in the game. In real life something like would cause the crowd and commentators to go nuts. It would push 2k over the edge into absolute greatness if this was somehow able to be done in the game.

Like if say you sign Seth Curry and he goes for 30 points have the commentators talk about what an unlikely explosion it was kind of like what the commentators are doing with Hassan Whiteside in the real nba. Or the crowd reacting to a game winner.
They're supposed to program commentary around an illegal play that amounts to a glitch?

# 13 nova91 @ 01/16/15 02:09 PM
Nope. Nah uh. Not a chance. I would have saved the replay and quit.

# 14 stillfeelme @ 01/16/15 02:45 PM
I actually think the score would count. I looked up the rulebook there is nothing in the book that says the ball is dead once it hits the floor. So as long as the referee calls it a shot or in the act of shooting then it should count.

I mean it was a shot then deflected then bounced in all with continuation. The shot is still a live ball so the defense could have still blocked it.

# 15 LD2k @ 01/16/15 05:03 PM
Never seen that before and will prolly never see that again.

# 16 tril @ 01/16/15 05:57 PM
I dont know why folks would quit a game over this. its probably once in a life time of shot.
I actually like this.

# 17 nova91 @ 01/16/15 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tril
I dont know why folks would quit a game over this. its probably once in a life time of shot.
I actually like this.
That's one of the points in MC where you can tell the AI is about to do some next level BS to try and take over the game. This is the first time I've seen that particular shot, but unfortunately it's not the first(second or 30th) time I've seen crap like that happen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using tapatalk

# 18 Lord Bonium @ 01/16/15 06:37 PM
Haven't seen this particular one before but i've seen a couple of unlikely and ones in this game. Most notably once after bouncing of several heads and another was bouncing of a player that's sliding to the free throw line after the whistle. A couple more as well. Somehow it's always in the hof cpu's favor though, just like most ridiculous/dumb shots.

# 19 jeebs9 @ 01/16/15 10:29 PM
Wait... does it hit the floor? I thought it hit off someone sneakers.

# 20 BA2929 @ 01/16/15 10:39 PM
I would have died laughing if this happened in a game I was playing.

Absolutely hilarious.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.