Home
NBA 2K15 News Post

A user on Steam, by the name of lima, has posted this tutorial on how to get around the shoe glitch in NBA 2K15.

Quote:
1. Go to options and create a new 2k generic shoe, it doesn't matter what it looks like, just save it as something you can remember like MYSHOE HOME or MYSHOE AWAY, it will work with both home and away. If you already have some 2k generics that you like, than just save them under a new name.

2. Go to myplayer store in options (NOT in mycareer mode) and choose the 2k shoes you created in step 1. It will say they cost 1000 VC and you have to have at least that amount on your account but it won't actually charge you anything, so just buy them and make sure they are equipped. (If you equip some shoes you created and you actually like them, you can keep them if you equip them here, they won't change back to the default generics like in mycareer store)

3. Go back to edit the 2k shoes you created in step 1 and DELETE them. Just make sure again that you know their exact name.

4. Go to create a brand shoe that you like (nike, jordan, adidas, I tried with nike so far), edit the colours and all and when you are done, save this shoe with the same name you saved the generics in step 1 and deleted in step 3.

5. That's it, don't touch anything else, your guy will have the shoe created in step 4 equipped because it has the same name. Now if you want to change them, just delete them and create another shoe with the same name (just repeat step 4, don't repeat all other steps)

If you would rather watch a video explaining the process, check out this video from Nykefaller.

If you aren't interested in the workaround, 2K is offering refunds. It doesn't look like a patch is coming to fix the issue, but Ronnie did leave the door open.

Game: NBA 2K15Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 64 - View All
NBA 2K15 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TheBigTicket205 @ 02/01/15 01:44 PM
It works just shed tears of joy! Thank you!

# 42 robjoye10 @ 02/01/15 07:54 PM
Ok guys I tried this when Steve first tweeted the steps, however I can't get it to work with your player in the park. (I haven't tried in a game). When you do all the steps and go to the player store it will show the shoe you edited but when I get to the park it has me with the 2k shoes on that I created even though I have already deleted them.

Has anybody gotten this to work with your player in the park? Thanks

# 43 TrustedDegree4 @ 02/01/15 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjoye10
Ok guys I tried this when Steve first tweeted the steps, however I can't get it to work with your player in the park. (I haven't tried in a game). When you do all the steps and go to the player store it will show the shoe you edited but when I get to the park it has me with the 2k shoes on that I created even though I have already deleted them.

I don't think it would let you since you have to purchase shoes for the Park.

# 44 MasterTMar @ 02/01/15 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjoye10

It's not an Park method, it's just 4 MyCareer

# 45 robjoye10 @ 02/01/15 11:16 PM
Worst part about this whole game is editing a shoe and buying it for 7,500 VC then if you unequip it you have to re buy it for 7,500 more VC. Thats so dumb lol. but thanks guys

# 46 Near5253 @ 02/02/15 12:52 AM
It isn't working for MyPark because you are welcome to wear any shoe you shell the VC out for.

There wasn't ever an issue with equipping shoes in the park or rec center.

This technically is a glitch to wear any shoe in the game in your career games, not the fix to the problem.

If properly working you should always have the ability to equip any shoe that you buy in the park and any shoe that is provided by your respected brand without cost during mycareer games.

# 47 xfghgj @ 02/02/15 01:18 AM
Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

# 48 Bigbodc @ 02/02/15 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfghgj
Thanks and all, but it only works for custom shoes you made. It defeats the purpose of being called a work around if you can't wear Nike, Jordan, Adidas already in the game.

this guy,.......lol.... it's not rocket science

# 49 Pezell04x @ 02/02/15 10:34 AM
Worked like a charm. Edited the Reebok Questions, my favorite shoes ever.

# 50 xghxh @ 02/02/15 11:44 AM

# 51 redsox4evur @ 02/02/15 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul21694
This guy is just posting the same thing to boost his count, he needs to be banned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's a bot account. I have reported every single one I have seen for spam.

# 52 Bigbodc @ 02/02/15 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
It's a bot account. I have reported every single one I have seen for spam.
Cool, I just thought that maybe he was a little "touched"

# 53 Crookid @ 02/02/15 03:37 PM
Very smart workaround. Finally I can get rid of these horrid 2K shoes. Too bad I won't get my Nike vertical replay back though but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for this.

# 54 lonewolfe82 @ 02/02/15 03:47 PM
so i'm guessing this only works if ur connected online?

# 55 Pezell04x @ 02/02/15 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
Let's say I do this twice. Create one that says "home" and one that says "road"

Can I swap them easily between home and road games? Or do I need to go through this entire process again?
No you can't save two shoes as home, it'll tell you to choose another name.

Mine is doing a weird thing. The home worked perfectly but the away is the ugly 2k I first made. Changed from reebok to Jordans and still didn't work.

# 56 Jrocc23 @ 02/03/15 04:57 AM
Yes, you can. Do the process that's listed and name one "Home" and do the process over and name the next shoe you want to wear as "Away". Whenever you want to change either one, delete the copy. For example, when your ready to change the "Home" shoe, you just delete the shoe that says that and select whatever the shoe you want to wear and edit it as "Home"

It's very easy and simple. Once you do it once, you'll know it by heart.

# 57 Floorgeneral1 @ 02/03/15 05:52 AM
Can you do this if you already have a signature shoe? And can you switch back to you signature shoe and still do this?

# 58 MasterTMar @ 02/03/15 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorgeneral1
Can you do this if you already have a signature shoe? And can you switch back to you signature shoe and still do this?
Yeah but you just have 2 name your signature shoe as such...

# 59 zxghfh @ 02/03/15 11:29 AM

# 60 exposedaking @ 02/03/15 02:37 PM
Greatest workaround ever. Thanks! Major props

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.