Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show gameplay stream is starting in a few minutes, detailing licensed equipment, universal rewards and Diamond Dynasty. You can click the "Spoiler Show" button below to watch it here at OS, or open a new browser and watch it. For those of you that miss out, we'll update this post with the archive when it is available on Twitch.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, you can watch the archive here or click the "Spoiler Show" button below (it starts at roughly the 1:45 mark).

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 nemesis04 @ 02/13/15 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Do you like it better this way?
I know you are not asking me per say but while I think it will help people in regards to telling them who they have control over and where they are, I miss that view. It took a little to get used to.

# 142 Dolenz @ 02/13/15 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
So if I read one of Ramone's posts right, the PS3 version doesn't have the licensed equipment. Why is this? Is it because there is not enough space on the disk or whatever? I'm guessing I answered my own question just want to be positive.
He quoted this

Quote:
Licensed Equipment (PS4 & PS3 Only) For the first time ever MLB The Show will include licensed equipment from some of the most recognizable brands in baseball. Earn as you play to enhance your RTTS or Diamond Dynasty players and partner with iconic brands by bringing sponsorships to your Franchise team! (Equipment on PS3 version is not seen during gameplay.)
Sounds like Licensed Equipment is in the game for the PS3 and provides the stat bonuses in RTTS but the Equipment will not show on the players during actual gameplay.

# 143 Factzzz @ 02/13/15 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
now we just need jersey styles updated so that an option to wear unbuttoned ala Hanley Ramirez
I've been asking for this for a while now...

Got this response last year from Russell:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
While I can't divulge what will be different next year, I can tell you that un-buttoned jerseys is something that's not on the list.
And i've been told, they'd have to separate the jersey itself from the undershirt, which is something they should do anyways, if they want it to look more realistic. Anyways, here's to hoping to next year.

Spoiler

# 144 BSUFAN @ 02/13/15 01:03 PM
I was re-watching the stream again , the part where they were playing SD vs SF and I noticed after the pitcher threw the ball it was " glowing " sort of coming to the plate. Is that because they have the ball tracker turn or is this they way it will look in the game. The ball to me looked kinda weird with the glow,thanks.

# 145 HozAndMoose @ 02/13/15 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
I was re-watching the stream again , the part where they were playing SD vs SF and I noticed after the pitcher threw the ball it was " glowing " sort of coming to the plate. Is that because they have the ball tracker turn or is this they way it will look in the game. The ball to me looked kinda weird with the glow,thanks.
Its a bug. Wont be there when game releases.

# 146 HustlinOwl @ 02/13/15 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSUFAN
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...0&postcount=67

Quote:
The ball glowing is a bug, one of the many consequences of streaming a game that's not done yet.

LOL, JK

# 147 Hockeynut99 @ 02/13/15 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Its a bug. Wont be there when game releases.
We hope.

The real equipment truly took this game to that next level in my humble opinion.

# 148 redsox4evur @ 02/13/15 01:10 PM
Quote:
Hustlin I am stealing that .gif for later uses. IE when people ask if OSFM is released, where can I find it, etc.

# 149 Hockeynut99 @ 02/13/15 01:10 PM
Quote:

Hahahahaha perfect timing as usual from you dude.

# 150 HustlinOwl @ 02/13/15 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeynut99
Hahahahaha perfect timing as usual from you dude.
LOL, all in good fun cant wait for this release

# 151 thaSLAB @ 02/13/15 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Do you like it better this way?
Yes, I do personally, just because it's less of a distraction now. The fact that the player's not having their numbers anymore is even a topic, proves that it was a slight distraction from the big picture.

I also think it is now a lot more intuitive, for those who have struggled with baserunning. Nem and I talked about how the baserunning controls in Super Mega Baseball were lauded for their simplicity, when in actuality they are pretty much the same as the Show; the major difference being how that info was being relayed and explained to the users. This will definitely prove helpful in managing multiple runners.

Again, that's my opinion. I think Nem actually liked having the view.

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 152 Cowboy008 @ 02/13/15 01:21 PM
Quote:
TBD Ghost rider
Hopefully Franchise mode

# 153 garyjr33 @ 02/13/15 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
That is actually not a bad idea. In the past once I got onto a team I liked in RTTS I would give them a bargain basement price. They would offer me 20 million and I would take it down to 1 million since I figured it left the team more money for quality players to surround me. There just was not a lot of incentive to worry about salary.
I thought they had a trophy for having a certain career earning amount. I think it was 20 mill?

# 154 garyjr33 @ 02/13/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
Hopefully Franchise mode
I am hoping for this as well. Haha.

# 155 geisterhome @ 02/13/15 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
Highly unfortunate. Presentation was one of the few streams I was REALLY looking forward to seeing. Oh well. Only a little over a month till release where I'll see it anyways.
Probably not enough for a stream.

# 156 Dolenz @ 02/13/15 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
I thought they had a trophy for having a certain career earning amount. I think it was 20 mill?
Maybe, but I don't pay much attention to trophies. It's fun when they pop up in my normal gameplay but I don't go out of my way to achieve them in any of my games.

# 157 thaSLAB @ 02/13/15 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyjr33
Yes, in MLB11... the trophy was called "The Bacon" lol

htcONE [M8] 5.0 | Tapatalk

# 158 Jimmydm90 @ 02/13/15 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I ALWAYS did this exact same thing. Not that it really mattered, CPU AI for roster management and free agency was so weak I don't think it actually helped them sign better talent.

But we need some sort of incentive to actually consider the highest offers instead of just picking a team when you become a free agent.

Yep I do exactly the same thing haha. It would be cool if there was an actual risk reward to those kind of decisions. Team player vs selfish. Take low salary and leave room for a stronger roster or take the big check and just improve yourself.

# 159 Lorne_SCEA @ 02/13/15 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by og236
Don't know if anyone noticed, but during the DD part of the stream, I caught that they had RP Kirby Yates (Tampa Bay Rays) as a LHP when he is a RHP in real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you look real close, the header on that column is "H," which is the side he hits from. Kirby Yates hits from the left side, so this is correct. What's not correct (and is a bug) is that we show the pitcher's batting side instead of throwing hand. This will be updated to show the pitcher's throwing hand. Yates does throw from the right side in the game.

# 160 bronxbombers21325 @ 02/13/15 02:52 PM
I may have missed it somewhere along the way, but is the regular timing hitting still in? As it has been in years past, or has it changed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.