Home
MLB 15 The Show News Post

The MLB 15 The Show gameplay stream is starting in a few minutes, detailing licensed equipment, universal rewards and Diamond Dynasty. You can click the "Spoiler Show" button below to watch it here at OS, or open a new browser and watch it. For those of you that miss out, we'll update this post with the archive when it is available on Twitch.

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, you can watch the archive here or click the "Spoiler Show" button below (it starts at roughly the 1:45 mark).

Game: MLB 15 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4Votes for game: 31 - View All
MLB 15 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 masterfliip @ 02/12/15 11:29 PM
For those for missed the live steam, go to pastapadre.com and view the archive video. You're welcome 😊

# 82 Jimmydm90 @ 02/12/15 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco291
I need/want more info on the "Rituals". Sounds really interesting, but still not sure exactly what they do/are intended for. If its just a gimmick that's cool too, but I still don't understand what they do for my player.

For the record, yes I am aware what a pre-game ritual is lol. Just not seeing the point of it in the game.

Everything else looks absolutely incredible.

Pretty sure it works just like the equipment. You equip it and it gives you attribute bonuses while adding a little flavor to your RTTS guy.

# 83 Sco291 @ 02/12/15 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterfliip
For those for missed the live steam, go to pastapadre.com and view the archive video. You're welcome 😊
The link to the archived video is in the OP

# 84 Dolenz @ 02/13/15 12:10 AM
The main takeaway from this stream for me was that I might actually try Diamond Dynasty this year for the first time.

# 85 ty5oke @ 02/13/15 12:19 AM
Wasn't really excited when the licensed equipment announcement was made but seeing it in action is different. I really think it adds a lot more to the presentation and allows the game to look like a real MLB game.

# 86 DanH35 @ 02/13/15 12:36 AM
If you look closely when they are in the edit player screens for Adam Jones, it has his contract as editable on the first tab, so it looks like we can edit contracts before entering franchise mode.

# 87 og236 @ 02/13/15 01:17 AM
Don't know if anyone noticed, but during the DD part of the stream, I caught that they had RP Kirby Yates (Tampa Bay Rays) as a LHP when he is a RHP in real life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 88 ajblithe20 @ 02/13/15 01:20 AM
Relaying what ty said, I wasn't one of the people asking for new equipment every year. I definitely didn't worry about licensed equipment at all, but seeing it from all the media so far is really exciting. It adds so much more variety in the way everyone looks, keeping things looking "fresh." At a time when a lot of video games are disappointing, it's incredible to literally watch these developers make a game better in so many areas in such little time with such little manpower. I really can't wait to get my hands on this game #baseballisbetter

OH, and when Nick edited Adam Jones' equipment you can see for a second his face and guess what!? NO HORRIBLE BEARD and I noticed someone else mentioned his editable contract showing before entering Franchise mode, which is pretty big news

# 89 Jimmydm90 @ 02/13/15 01:55 AM
SCEA should find a way to integrate RTTS salary with the Universal Rewards Stubs. The higher your in game salary the more stubs you get. No so much that it throws things out of whack but just a little something something for your effort.

That way getting offered a huge contract in the game will mean something because it has actual ramifications. Allowing you to buy more equipment and further develop your player. That or increased salary = increased influence/stardom. Fans wearing your jersey, etc.

Would be awesome for MLB 16 if career achievements like breaking MLB records won you specific rare "Double Diamond" items that could only be unlocked by achieving those accomplishments. Ex. Win MVP - now you have the MVP ring in your ritual items. +10 clutch.

Break the home run record -the record breaking ball is added to your ritual items and gives you some hitting bonus whether it's equipped or not. Or you unlock one extra ritual slot or something.

# 90 MrOldboy @ 02/13/15 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanH35
If you look closely when they are in the edit player screens for Adam Jones, it has his contract as editable on the first tab, so it looks like we can edit contracts before entering franchise mode.
I remember reading somewhere about this, maybe the community day thread although that is for gameplay. Maybe it was in the chat. Anyways hopefully it is in the final game and not just in the dev build they used.

# 91 marbury @ 02/13/15 04:03 AM
I haven't seen an option for baserunner gloves Only the wrist guard

# 92 Dolenz @ 02/13/15 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nwo4Life75
Does anybody know if you can watch the archive of this on the PS4 Twitch in Playstation Live?
No, unless something has changed I don't believe you can.

# 93 Dolenz @ 02/13/15 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmydm90
SCEA should find a way to integrate RTTS salary with the Universal Rewards Stubs. The higher your in game salary the more stubs you get. No so much that it throws things out of whack but just a little something something for your effort.

That way getting offered a huge contract in the game will mean something because it has actual ramifications.
That is actually not a bad idea. In the past once I got onto a team I liked in RTTS I would give them a bargain basement price. They would offer me 20 million and I would take it down to 1 million since I figured it left the team more money for quality players to surround me. There just was not a lot of incentive to worry about salary.

# 94 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/13/15 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
That is actually not a bad idea. In the past once I got onto a team I liked in RTTS I would give them a bargain basement price. They would offer me 20 million and I would take it down to 1 million since I figured it left the team more money for quality players to surround me. There just was not a lot of incentive to worry about salary.
I ALWAYS did this exact same thing. Not that it really mattered, CPU AI for roster management and free agency was so weak I don't think it actually helped them sign better talent.

But we need some sort of incentive to actually consider the highest offers instead of just picking a team when you become a free agent.

# 95 jm2054 @ 02/13/15 08:52 AM
Watched just now and I can say diamond dynasty may have gone from a mode I never played to most played. I am super excited for it now. It really looks amazing.

I may have missed this but what can you do in DD beside the extra innings?
Is there challenges, seasons, just head to head?

# 96 ShaiLeGran @ 02/13/15 08:53 AM
Any word on 60fps all across the board (replays, cutscenes)?

# 97 BravesBoy @ 02/13/15 09:03 AM
When you recycle your cards to feed you star DD player. Does that remove the selected card from the overall team collection, the one you build up to get the legend? That could really make you choose when or what you want to "feed" to your player or try to hang on to it to finish the team cards..

# 98 jm2054 @ 02/13/15 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BravesBoy
When you recycle your cards to feed you star DD player. Does that remove the selected card from the overall team collection, the one you build up to get the legend? That could really make you choose when or what you want to "feed" to your player or try to hang on to it to finish the team cards..
I believe they disappear for good

# 99 Chai2112 @ 02/13/15 09:30 AM
As one who can't afford a PS4 yet, I really wish they would specify which features are not on the PS3 version, as that's the one I'm getting. I know the fact sheet mentioned stuff, but some things weren't quite clear and some things were ambiguous. For example, at one point it said necklaces were in both, but then later on said they're only in the PS4.

# 100 ped3328 @ 02/13/15 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
Looked like one style.
... Regardless, it's a major improvement over the years past. No more catchers sporting ''beer bellies'' or turtle-shaped chest protectors. They all looked like weighing 300 pounds! And the straps looked to be more fitting too. I have been asking this for years. Another issue in the last couple years has to do with the wrong shade of blue on Blue Jays uniforms. Let's hope this has finally been rectified.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.