Home
The Golf Club News Post

It appears The Golf Club is getting a disk-based console release now. The Golf Club Collector's Edition will be available on April 28, 2015.

The new career mode will be included in the Collector's Edition, along with the same patented gameplay and course creator the game is already known for.

Here are the official features from Maximum Games:

• Uninterrupted gameplay with no mid-game loading times
• Design and build your dream courses by placing hills, lakes, trees, animals, hazards, clubhouses, gazebos, and many more features, wherever you choose!
• Wind variations
• Extensive online community with player forums, challenges, tournaments, and trophies
• Incredibly realistic

We first reported on this being a thing back in January -- and it looks to be that rumor is now fact. With generally positive reviews, this looks to be a move to try to broaden The Golf Club's audience. Look for more information on what is going to differentiate the Collector's Edition (if anything) from the current digital release soon!

UPDATE: According to GameInformer, the new seasons mode will be available exclusively for the Collector's Edition, for a few weeks, after that it will cost roughly $10. Trying to get clarification on this.

UPDATE #2: (via Anthony Kyne of HB Studios) The reason for it is, because the way the submission process works we won't be able to get the updates through 1st party in time for the disk release. But the update that comes 3 weeks after will have more stuff than what is on the disk. Drop balls and out of bounds being two big requests from the community.

Game: The Golf ClubReader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 7 - View All
The Golf Club Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BCDX97 @ 03/16/15 02:31 PM
You know what would really broaden the audience for this game? A demo.

# 2 chicago23 @ 03/16/15 04:37 PM
If this comes to pass, any chance that this will be available on PS3 or is it exclusive to next-gen (current-gen?) consoles?

# 3 AnthonyKyne @ 03/16/15 05:56 PM
Sorry no hope of a PS3 version, we'd have to rework each course to fit it in memory. We wanted to but just not powerful enough I'm afraid

# 4 Steve_OS @ 03/16/15 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyKyne
Sorry no hope of a PS3 version, we'd have to rework each course to fit it in memory. We wanted to but just not powerful enough I'm afraid
I updated the OP w/ the following info.

According to GameInformer, the new seasons mode will be available exclusively for the Collector's Edition, for a few weeks, after that it will cost roughly $10.

Quote:
The Collector's Edition also includes all of the game's free updates to date, and for a period of a few weeks, will be gamers' only chance to play the new seasons mode. After the exclusivity window, the mode will be available as paid DLC. Producer Anthony Kyne told us he expects the DLC to cost around $10.
Anything you would like to add to that Anthony? Users that already have the game won't be able to get seasons mode until after the exclusive few weeks, or was that not explained correctly in the article?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...s-edition.aspx

# 5 AnthonyKyne @ 03/16/15 09:41 PM
The reason for it is, because the way the submission process works we won't be able to get the updates through 1st party I time for the disk release. But the update that comes 3 weeks after will have more stuff than what is on the disk. Drop balls and out of bounds being to big requests from the community

# 6 DBMcGee3 @ 03/17/15 10:02 AM
So, the seasons mode will cost $10 for those of us who already have the game downloaded? That kinda sucks, but I'm happy enough with the game to live with it. When it's all said and done, the digital version will be identical to the disc version, correct?

Thanks Anthony

# 7 mcmax3000 @ 03/17/15 11:32 AM
Considering all of the stuff that has been added for free, I don't have a problem with paying $10 for the season mode.

# 8 AnthonyKyne @ 03/17/15 12:13 PM
Yeah once the update is downloaded the disk and digital versions will be the same.
Price was something we debated long and hard over. We want to continue to update the game for at least another 12 months and want to expand our audience. To do that we need some rereviews. Which means paid DLC, then we had to consider not undercutting our new partners, maximum games and what we've delivered since release. $10 seemed about right

# 9 billyo @ 03/17/15 01:48 PM
Has there been any mention of setting winds for tournaments? I am in the tgctours and that has been a real sorespot. A lot of 'wind waiters'.

# 10 DBMcGee3 @ 03/17/15 02:11 PM
Quote:
Yeah once the update is downloaded the disk and digital versions will be the same.
Price was something we debated long and hard over. We want to continue to update the game for at least another 12 months and want to expand our audience. To do that we need some rereviews. Which means paid DLC, then we had to consider not undercutting our new partners, maximum games and what we've delivered since release. $10 seemed about right
Fair enough man, I can respect that. 12 more months of updates sounds pretty great too.

Riddle me this: I heard somewhere that there would be some under the hood improvements for the XB1 and PC versions. Is it likely that the PS4 version will see any similar improvements, or do you think the game's running at max capacity now on that console?

Thanks again man, really enjoying the game.

# 11 callmetaternuts @ 03/17/15 02:51 PM
Can anyone expand on what career mode entails?

# 12 AnthonyKyne @ 03/19/15 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Fair enough man, I can respect that. 12 more months of updates sounds pretty great too.

Riddle me this: I heard somewhere that there would be some under the hood improvements for the XB1 and PC versions. Is it likely that the PS4 version will see any similar improvements, or do you think the game's running at max capacity now on that console?

Thanks again man, really enjoying the game.
It's across the board improvements. I said in a Dev Diary that it was good news for Xbox and PC owners as they were struggling the most. The PS4 should see a lot of frame rate improvements as well

# 13 AnthonyKyne @ 03/19/15 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
Can anyone expand on what career mode entails?
I did a dev diary about the other week. Take a look here http://thegolfclubgame.com/2015/02/2...zza-side-bugs/

# 14 callmetaternuts @ 03/19/15 05:09 PM
Quote:
I did a dev diary about the other week. Take a look here http://thegolfclubgame.com/2015/02/2...zza-side-bugs/
Awesome, thanks!

# 15 kehlis @ 03/19/15 06:56 PM
Quote:
Thats cheap for what we've gotten thus far. Fantastic game.

# 16 AnthonyKyne @ 03/19/15 09:15 PM
More information about the DLC, what's free and what's paid is up on www.thegolfclubgame.com

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.