Home
NBA Live 16 News Post

It looks like we are going to get some sort of information on NBA Live 16 prior to E3. In responding to a fan question on their official Twitter account, we can expect to hear something this week.

With E3 on the docket for next week, the details will most likely be something related to the release date and/or cover athlete. Last year, EA Sports announced the release date and posted an open letter for NBA Live 15 prior to E3, then revealed Damian Lillard as the NBA Live 15 cover athlete in late August.

UPDATE: The NBA Live 16 cover athlete will be announced tomorrow, multiple sources have confirmed.

UPDATE #2: Russell Westbrook just followed the EA Sports NBA Live Twitter account. We have confirmed with our sources he will be the NBA Live 16 cover athlete.

What are you hoping they reveal?

Game: NBA Live 16Reader Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 4 - View All
NBA Live 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 TecmoZack @ 06/08/15 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD
Good choice, Never liked this guys personality until i found out how much he actually does for the community and now i'm well and truly on his bandwagon!!!

Kinda getting a little excited now, just like the old days...

I agree. I learned about all the awesome stuff he does this year as well. His presence alone will help sales. My kids like him from the Mountain Dew kick start ads.

Plus he played out of his mind this year.

Sports Gaming Maniac. Follow me on the interweb TecmZack - @VanMetra16

PSN - TecmoZack

# 22 ZoneSix @ 06/08/15 09:45 PM
nice.. wasn't expecting westbrook.

# 23 23 @ 06/08/15 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
It's Russell Westbrook, this confirmed it. He just followed the NBA Live account on Twitter.

GoatBrook!

# 24 ZoneSix @ 06/08/15 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corymach7
Custom cover for me for either NBA Live 16 or NBA 2K16 (if I choose to buy either one of those). I'd believe Giannis Anteokonunmpo deserves it a bit more than Russell Westbrook, as the Bucks made the post season and not the Thunder (lost the tiebreaker to the Pelicans for the 8th seed of the playoffs). EA should be joking. Oklahoma City was terrible when Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka were out and Westbrook had to carry his team and couldn't get his team in the postseason? That was an AWFUL choice. EA should have gone with a 2013 NBA Draftee (who was in the postseason) like Kelly Olynyk, MCW, Giannis Anteokonunmpo and Otto Porter. I'm going to not follow NBA 2K/NBA Live on Twitter unless they choose to take another direction and go for a Bucks player. Either that or I'll continue to go for a custom cover.
is it really that big a deal? there was no chance giannis or any of those random players you mentioned would be on the cover.

# 25 DarkEdgeX5 @ 06/08/15 10:20 PM
Quote:
I'd believe Giannis Anteokonunmpo deserves it a bit more than Russell Westbrook, as the Bucks made the post season and not the Thunder (lost the tiebreaker to the Pelicans for the 8th seed of the playoffs).
Definitely not being a homer.

Quote:
Oklahoma City was terrible when Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka were out and Westbrook had to carry his team and couldn't get his team in the postseason? That was an AWFUL choice.
lol, what team wouldn't be bad with 2 of their 3 best players out? Also, even though they were so "terrible" they literally missed the playoffs in the west by a tiebreaker.

Westbrook had a historic season and put up monster stats. He deserves it.

# 26 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/08/15 10:23 PM
Quote:
That was an AWFUL choice. EA should have gone with a 2013 NBA Draftee (who was in the postseason) like Kelly Olynyk, MCW, Giannis Anteokonunmpo and Otto Porter.
He averaged 28 points, 2 steals, 8 assists and 7 rebounds and your saying he was an awful choice for cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 27 nick_sr @ 06/08/15 10:25 PM
Quote:
Custom cover for me for either NBA Live 16 or NBA 2K16 (if I choose to buy either one of those). I'd believe Giannis Anteokonunmpo deserves it a bit more than Russell Westbrook, as the Bucks made the post season and not the Thunder (lost the tiebreaker to the Pelicans for the 8th seed of the playoffs). EA should be joking. Oklahoma City was terrible when Kevin Durant and Serge Ibaka were out and Westbrook had to carry his team and couldn't get his team in the postseason? That was an AWFUL choice. EA should have gone with a 2013 NBA Draftee (who was in the postseason) like Kelly Olynyk, MCW, Giannis Anteokonunmpo and Otto Porter. I'm going to not follow NBA 2K/NBA Live on Twitter unless they choose to take another direction and go for a Bucks player. Either that or I'll continue to go for a custom cover.
Dawg, Westbrook missed a month and got hosed by the NBA and the spurs on the last game of the season. The nba knew westbrook would have made a joke of thdir "golden boy" in the first round.

# 28 nick_sr @ 06/08/15 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaLiveKing
If it's a marquee player (does look like Westbrook), this year they mean business lol. They must have a real budget this year also. I honestly didn't want Ricky Rubio on the cover.

No More Excuses!!!
Ye bro no holding back this year from them or I can't continue to support these half you know what efforts.

Just realized there's no head 2 head seasons in ultimate team snh

# 29 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/08/15 10:34 PM
I'm a little confused now...

# 30 noshun @ 06/08/15 10:56 PM
Quote:

The only way a Buck gets the cover is if you put a dollar bill on the case. You torture yourself every year with this on OS, NLS & EA's forums. How much Kleenex do you go through?

# 31 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 06/08/15 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEgend
Ty is just being a major chump talking like that. Just to distract everyone away from the obviousness of Westbrook being the cover man.

Ah ok Ya I figured something was up with his statements because it's kinda obvious Westbrook is on the cover.

# 32 Mintsa @ 06/08/15 11:32 PM
Can't hate. He deserves it. Westbrook went ham this season. He went super ham after KD went down....I'm still waiting for an alternate cover for Canada (like other countries get, give us a Lowry/raptors cover).

# 33 Ermolli @ 06/09/15 09:31 AM
Quote:
Yes, because Oklahoma City didn't make the playoffs. If they did, they would've been knocked out by Golden State. Those players I would believe were better choices for the cover (as they made the postseason):

The Greak Freak deserves it more than Russell Westbrook.
Anyone else with this years playoff stats deserves it more than Russell Westbrook as well.

And this was my top 10 for the cover as of the playoffs seeds determined:

1. Giannis Anteokonunmpo
2. Michael Carter-Williams
3. Stephen Curry
4. LeBron James
5. James Harden
6. Chris Paul
7. Mike Conley
8. LaMarcus Aldridge
9. Jared Bayless
10. Blake Griffin

I somewhat am a big fan of Serge Ibaka/Kevin Durant/Russell Westbrook, but not if OKC misses the postseason like they did this year. One of the players from Milwaukee deserves it more than Russell Westbrook.

# 34 Gosens6 @ 06/09/15 09:36 AM
Quote:
Yes, because Oklahoma City didn't make the playoffs. If they did, they would've been knocked out by Golden State. Those players I would believe were better choices for the cover (as they made the postseason):

The Greak Freak deserves it more than Russell Westbrook.
Anyone else with this years playoff stats deserves it more than Russell Westbrook as well.

1. Giannis Anteokonunmpo
3. Stephen Curry
4. LeBron James
5. James Harden
6. Chris Paul
7. Mike Conley
8. LaMarcus Aldridge
9. Jared Bayless
10. Blake Griffin

I somewhat am a big fan of Serge Ibaka/Kevin Durant/Russell Westbrook, but not if OKC misses the postseason like they did this year. One of the players from Milwaukee deserves it more than Russell Westbrook.
Not one player on the Milwaukee Bucks can market a video game. Just stop it . Russ is a superstar and people around the world know him, he deserves this.

Havent owned an nba live game since 10, live 15 sure had promise, but it's a long ways off. Very curious to see what they did with 16

# 35 The 24th Letter @ 06/09/15 10:05 AM
Good cover choice....

# 36 brent3419 @ 06/09/15 10:47 AM
really??? the greek freak over goatbrook? russ was practically a walking triple double waiting to happen and is one of the most exciting players in the league. i would watch thunder games just to see westbrook. no offense but as of now they made a good choice. and as for the list there is no chance in hell MCW gets over most of those players and jared bayless?? gtfo...oh and i see u left out the DPOY kawhi leonard..

Sent from the landmass between new orleans and mobile on Tapatalk

# 37 KingTocco @ 06/09/15 11:29 AM
Yeah I think Jared Dudley should've been on the cover instead of Westbrook

# 38 edwing @ 06/09/15 11:47 AM
Quote:

1. Giannis Anteokonunmpo
9. Jared Bayless

If this isn't trolling I don't know what is.

# 39 DarkEdgeX5 @ 06/09/15 12:35 PM
At least MCW was somewhat reasonable..

Bayless though. I think I have been fully trolled.

# 40 Tonyattia @ 06/09/15 12:59 PM
Westbrooks team had a better record than the bucks it's just he plays in the much more competitive west. If the bucks played in the west they wouldn't have made it.. Also Russ was All star mvp, 2nd team all Nba, and had that crazy streak of triple doubles. Greak freak averaged like 12 a game and wasn't even the best player on his team. Middleton was. I get your a bucks fan but come on that is extreme homerism.

Even if the making the playoffs is the most important factor, the bucks lost in the first round. Curry, Lebron, Harden, Cp3, Conley, jimmy butler, al horford, John wall, teams all made it farther than the bucks so why would you put a bucks player ahead of them when they made it farther since that's your criteria for the cover? Your just giving any excuse for a bucks player to be on it and even then they don't hold up

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.