Home
News Post

The Microsoft Press Briefing for E3 kicks off at 9:30 PT, 12:30 ET. You can watch the briefing live above and we will also be providing relevant news and notes in the space below. Feel free to comment as you watch!

UPDATE: If you missed the stream, here is the archive. It starts at roughly the 17:28 mark.

News from the Press Conference:
  • Backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games is coming. 100 titles will be available by the fall, more coming later. You will not have to pay for any of this. If you have the disc, the console will download the game for you. In addition, it will conceivably be based on what digital games were purchased in the past. The one major caveat at this point seems to be it's up to the publishers to allow the title to be downloaded and played.
  • A wireless "elite" controller was announced and will be released in the fall. See a pic of the new controller here.
  • Madden will release on August 25, but you can play it on August 20 if you have EA Access.
  • All EA games will be able to be played early via EA Access on Xbox One.
  • All Xbox Live Gold members can play EA Access for free this week as well (titles include all the '15 sports titles).
  • We just uploaded the Forza 6 E3 Gameplay Trailer. Watch it here.
  • XBox Game Preview will allow users to play games from Independent Developers as they are being developed (Think: Steam Early Access). This program will have free trials for all games available before you buy so you can give the game a spin.[/url]
  • Here is the full list of currently announced backwards compatible games for Xbox 360 to Xbox One. No Sports Games are on the list yet, but we know over 100 will be available.
  • RC Pro-Am will be one of the games in the collection Rare is releasing on August 4.
  • And that's a wrap! Not much sports gaming news, but lots of improvements coming to the Xbox One user experience is a huge plus!

Member Comments
# 161 ZB9 @ 06/16/15 09:43 PM
The main thing that i appreciated about MS's conferences is that, besides Gears 4, Sea of Thieves, and Hololens, most of the exclusives that they showed at their show is going to be available this fall.

They could have shown more exclusive games if they would have shown more of their 2016 titles, but they kept it mostly to stuff coming out in 2015.

# 162 LambertandHam @ 06/20/15 06:23 AM
The pirate game Rare showed looked like something I'd key an eye on. Other than that for me, the new Gears looked nice, but I never got into the franchise.

# 163 Picci @ 06/21/15 12:27 PM
Another game that's been revealed during E3 is from the makers of Remember Me and Life Is Strange. Dontnod has announced its next game, Vampyr, a role-playing game for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC that will use Unreal Engine 4. During the game, players will explore London, accept missions, and eventually have to decide who they'll feed on.

# 164 Altimus @ 06/22/15 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
That's awesome.

# 165 mrclutch @ 06/22/15 05:40 PM
I read somewhere that 2 disc games may not work with BC. So that means Mass Effect 3 might be a no go.

# 166 Flawless @ 06/22/15 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrclutch
I read somewhere that 2 disc games may not work with BC. So that means Mass Effect 3 might be a no go.
Yeah, Phil said their working on it though.

https://youtu.be/Pjh1Uo_xaSQ?t=3h10m29s

# 167 Candyman5 @ 06/27/15 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Honestly, never heard of them until the video you posted. I don't mind if I have to wait a year especially when I know that I'll most likely get the "complete" and superior version for less money. If that's true, great but if not, I get the game sooner. Either way, I win.

I just don't believe that the time limit is more than six months simply because if it was, it would be confirmed and announced already by Microsoft and they would use it as a bigger marketing push compared to what they're actually doing. Plus, the E3 video at their press conference was a total and complete joke as they should have showed the actual gameplay video with Lara going through the snow. That looked awesome and should have been shown.

As for the price that Microsoft paid, who knows for sure but im guessing that it's at least $1m minimum. Probably more.

The truly funny part is that I think the game is going to bomb sales wise and not come close to what they're expecting it to do for one simple reason - Fallout 4. There's a FAR BIGGER fan base for Fallout 4 than there is for Tomb Raider and unless there's some awesome Xbox One Tomb Raider console bundle, I see it getting crushed by Fallout 4. To me, Microsoft paying for it to be a timed exclusive could easily blow up in their face due to Fallout 4 as no one expected it to be shown at E3 until it was leaked and even then, no one was expecting it to be released November 10th.

It's definitely going to be interesting, that's for sure. As for me, I'll play Tomb Raider eventually one way or the other. In the mean time, if anything, I have too many games to play on PS4 and have a backlog already so if I have to wait a year for Tomb Raider, it could be a huge positive for me depending on what other games get released in the end of 2016. Again, either way, I win no matter when the game gets released.
I mean even Fallout 4 has more of a push for Xbox One than PS4 due to mod support.

Other than that I do agree there are more Fallout fans.

# 168 BattleBornLV @ 06/28/15 02:48 AM
Please don't turn OS into the IGN comments section.

# 169 Trevelyan @ 06/28/15 04:37 AM
Quote:
I am a PlayStation fanboy.
No need to state the obvious. :P

# 170 BattleBornLV @ 06/28/15 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevelyan
No need to state the obvious. [emoji14]
I really had no idea.

# 171 Cyros @ 06/28/15 10:05 AM
I'm going to say I wouldn't trust "The Know" after their Silent Hills rumor.

# 172 Cyros @ 06/28/15 11:05 AM
A leaked document given to them by a source. It might be true, but I'm less likely to trust their rumors.

# 173 joet6683 @ 06/28/15 11:12 AM
Quote:
Honestly, never heard of them until the video you posted. I don't mind if I have to wait a year especially when I know that I'll most likely get the "complete" and superior version for less money. If that's true, great but if not, I get the game sooner. Either way, I win.

I just don't believe that the time limit is more than six months simply because if it was, it would be confirmed and announced already by Microsoft and they would use it as a bigger marketing push compared to what they're actually doing. Plus, the E3 video at their press conference was a total and complete joke as they should have showed the actual gameplay video with Lara going through the snow. That looked awesome and should have been shown.

As for the price that Microsoft paid, who knows for sure but im guessing that it's at least $1m minimum. Probably more.

The truly funny part is that I think the game is going to bomb sales wise and not come close to what they're expecting it to do for one simple reason - Fallout 4. There's a FAR BIGGER fan base for Fallout 4 than there is for Tomb Raider and unless there's some awesome Xbox One Tomb Raider console bundle, I see it getting crushed by Fallout 4. To me, Microsoft paying for it to be a timed exclusive could easily blow up in their face due to Fallout 4 as no one expected it to be shown at E3 until it was leaked and even then, no one was expecting it to be released November 10th.

It's definitely going to be interesting, that's for sure. As for me, I'll play Tomb Raider eventually one way or the other. In the mean time, if anything, I have too many games to play on PS4 and have a backlog already so if I have to wait a year for Tomb Raider, it could be a huge positive for me depending on what other games get released in the end of 2016. Again, either way, I win no matter when the game gets released.
Waiting a year to get a game for $20 less is a win? How? Any game can be had for that price or less a year later. And often times with the DLC included too. So taking away the option to buy sooner is a win? Lol ok.

# 174 BattleBornLV @ 06/28/15 02:31 PM
Quote:
Not any different than those who are Xbox fanboys. Same thing, different side.
Oh yeah super Xbox fanboy over here, lol be serious man. I don't understand why it's such a big deal for you that you need constantly to remind everyone why the PS4 is so great. Why does it bug you so much when people are enjoying their console of choice? It's a damn gaming console man relax. Now if you're on Sony's payroll then by all means fanboy on.
Quote:
The topic was more about Tomb Raider than Xbox One or PS4 but let's be honest - third party games look, run and play better on PS4.
Yes the topic was about tomb raider but then you had to start bringing in the PS4 vs Xbox nonsense, as always.

# 175 Picci @ 06/28/15 02:53 PM
This is a Microsoft thread isn't it? The beauty is I don't have to buy an XBox1 to enjoy the exclusives when some are already on PC and others soon arriving. But, don't mind me......

Oh, new game announced at E3 coming to xbox1 and pc early next year. Looks interesting.

# 176 ricky24 @ 06/28/15 03:08 PM
Microsoft would be dumb if they ignored pc.

# 177 ricky24 @ 06/28/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
The topic was more about Tomb Raider than Xbox One or PS4 but let's be honest - third party games look, run and play better on PS4..

Let's be honest. Nobody cares or notices unless they have an agenda.

# 178 CM Hooe @ 06/28/15 03:37 PM
Console comparisons / agenda accusations / etc. stop now. Let's get back on topic.

Thanks.

# 179 mgoblue @ 06/29/15 02:01 PM
ReCore looks amazing....really hoping that turns out to be great

# 180 LBzrule @ 07/01/15 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
ReCore looks amazing....really hoping that turns out to be great
Hoping to find out more at Gamescom but I doubt it, which leaves me thinking that release date was all tentative. Gamescom has three big titles for MS thus far. Maybe they will announce one more big one there. Only a little over a month away.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.