Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports released a list of legacy issues which were fixed thanks to feedback from the community in a blog post today.

Here is the list of features claimed to be fixed in Madden NFL 16:
  • QB Spy logic updated (QB swerves the spy exploit)
  • Flip the Play to speed up huddle break issue has been addressed
  • Out of position subs causing exploitable routes has been addressed
  • Rocket Catching / Mossing / DB Glitches have been significantly reduced and/or eliminated
  • A large percentage of the known “nano-blitzes” have been removed
  • The PA End Around exploit play has been addressed.
  • Route swapping exploits have also been resolved.
  • A variety of ‘money plays’ have been revised or altered.
  • Resolved the friendly quit glitch for Madden NFL 16

Which issue is the biggest issue to you which has claimed to be fixed?

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BleedGreen710 @ 06/15/15 06:27 PM
for me there is not 1 fixed issue that i really like but rather all of them as a whole. they seem to be making a real effort to reduce the ability to cheese the CPU AI which should make for better online matches.

# 2 DeuceDouglas @ 06/15/15 06:27 PM
The sack issue is my number one so I'm kind of worried it wasn't mentioned. They did mention QB AI so I'm hoping that's all lumped in and QB AI is even better. Key word: hoping.

# 3 jfsolo @ 06/15/15 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The sack issue is my number one so I'm kind of worried it wasn't mentioned. They did mention QB AI so I'm hoping that's all lumped in and QB AI is even better. Key word: hoping.
Pressure Awareness was specifically mentioned in the blog, so hopefully that deals with the sack issue.

# 4 MAGboyswifT27 @ 06/15/15 06:40 PM
Sack issue and trench gameplay would be something to fix if possible...

# 5 The JareBear @ 06/15/15 06:42 PM
I think a lot of things we consider to be legacy issues aren't on the list because EA put them under the overall gameplay improvements.

# 6 RogueHominid @ 06/15/15 07:07 PM
This post is mis-titled, I think. These are not legacy issues in the classic sense of basic gameplay shortcomings that Madden has had for multiple iterations. These are exploits that are probably mostly showing up on their radar because of online play, and they don't address real legacy issues like OL/DL play and CPU QB AI. CPU playcalling isn't mentioned, the sim stats engine isn't mentioned--those things are legacy issues.

# 7 roadman @ 06/15/15 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
This post is mis-titled, I think. These are not legacy issues in the classic sense of basic gameplay shortcomings that Madden has had for multiple iterations. These are exploits that are probably mostly showing up on their radar because of online play, and they don't address real legacy issues like OL/DL play and CPU QB AI. CPU playcalling isn't mentioned, the sim stats engine isn't mentioned--those things are legacy issues.
Actually, that was the title of EA's blog.

# 8 jmurphy31 @ 06/15/15 07:27 PM
These blogs list corrections like a patch description. Not knocking it, I'm glad they corrected things. But the fix list made me laugh. Can't wait to see it in action

# 9 brandon27 @ 06/15/15 08:46 PM
Sounds promising! Good to hear they're trying to clean up alot of the legacy stuff.

# 10 dkp23 @ 06/16/15 01:12 AM
anything on the xbox one specific CFM invite problem where two players have trouble getting to the team screen?

What about the desync problelms caused by two players in CFM having different cone or kicking settings.

# 11 dsk1317 @ 06/16/15 12:53 PM
The money plays being revised, that one is huge for me. I may go back to playing some online lobby games.

# 12 dsk1317 @ 06/16/15 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
for me there is not 1 fixed issue that i really like but rather all of them as a whole. they seem to be making a real effort to reduce the ability to cheese the CPU AI which should make for better online matches.
You nailed, man! I think I will finally go back to playing online lobby games. Without the ability to rape the AI, many people are going to be lost.

# 13 apollon42 @ 06/16/15 12:58 PM
Madden's graphics have always been fine, the game looks great especially in stills. The animations are always a little wonky. But as long as they fix the "cheese" and cater toward sim gaming community, I enjoy. The new additions seem to be directed toward sim gamers. So I enjoy it.

# 14 BrianU @ 06/16/15 03:50 PM
A large percentage of the known “nano-blitzes” have been removed.

That is really sad to me. A large percentage is unaceptable, there should be NO nano blitzes. Instead of removing plays they should change the logic that makes it possible for it to happen. Obviously new exploit plays will come with the new release when people mess around with adjustments and it won't be long before new exploits are found.

The devs are always going to be 1 step behind, they are reactionary and not assertive in dealing with exploits. I am more of an offline guy but I would love to enjoy online just not in the current state the game is in. I love competition but Madden is a joke competitively. I wish it could come down to player skill head to head and not who has less morals and has more knowledge of breaking the game.

The problem is deeper than the playbook, it is the AI that needs to be programmed different but that would probably take more resources.

# 15 oneamongthefence @ 06/16/15 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
A large percentage of the known “nano-blitzes” have been removed.

That is really sad to me. A large percentage is unaceptable, there should be NO nano blitzes. Instead of removing plays they should change the logic that makes it possible for it to happen. Obviously new exploit plays will come with the new release when people mess around with adjustments and it won't be long before new exploits are found.

The devs are always going to be 1 step behind, they are reactionary and not assertive in dealing with exploits. I am more of an offline guy but I would love to enjoy online just not in the current state the game is in. I love competition but Madden is a joke competitively. I wish it could come down to player skill head to head and not who has less morals and has more knowledge of breaking the game.

The problem is deeper than the playbook, it is the AI that needs to be programmed different but that would probably take more resources.
I don't think they can say all since I'm sure that more will be discovered as soon as Madden releases. Money plays on the whole have slowly been dwindling for years now but there's always new ones to be found.

# 16 The JareBear @ 06/16/15 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I don't think they can say all since I'm sure that more will be discovered as soon as Madden releases. Money plays on the whole have slowly been dwindling for years now but there's always new ones to be found.
I think that is part of the problem though. I get what BrianU is saying.

If the game was a free flowing and organic, there would be no such thing as nano blitzes and money plays. There is no such thing as a nano blitz or money play in real life. In real life nothing "always works," which is how a nano or money play is defined (they work every time no matter what).

O-lines/backfields would adjust the blocking scheme to stop the blitz in real life, or at least buy the QB some time to get off a quick pass. Defense would adjust to the play to stop it. The existence of money plays and nano blitzes points to the games shortcomings and the "canned" nature of outcomes. Nothing should always work. Running out routes vs man coverage should not always work.

Instead of eliminating certain blitzes from being possible, just make the players smarter and improve blocking mechanics to handle all that kind of stuff from the ground up instead of just putting band aid on specific things here and there.

# 17 supermanemblem @ 06/16/15 07:23 PM
The biggest legacy issue is the OL/DL interaction. That matchup determines who wins and who loses. When people can get 6 yards per rush when the defense is selling out on a blitz, there's a problem. When one team has all day to throw and the other has less than a second, there's a problem.

I've been playing Madden ever since it came out on the Sega Genesis, so I've seen it all. The Vision Cone was one of the best features they every introduced, but it doesn't work properly with the current OL/DL setup. Which leads me to my next point.

Sports games have not done a great job of incorporating the randomness of sports. What I mean is all throws aren't perfect, people drop passes/balls, players fumble/bobble the ball without contact. When sports game try to bring in the random occurrence, it turns into a predictable outcome in the game. I'm not sure there is anything they can do about it since random events are just that random.

# 18 KOTC Wayne @ 06/16/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
I think that is part of the problem though. I get what BrianU is saying.

If the game was a free flowing and organic, there would be no such thing as nano blitzes and money plays. There is no such thing as a nano blitz or money play in real life. In real life nothing "always works," which is how a nano or money play is defined (they work every time no matter what).

O-lines/backfields would adjust the blocking scheme to stop the blitz in real life, or at least buy the QB some time to get off a quick pass. Defense would adjust to the play to stop it. The existence of money plays and nano blitzes points to the games shortcomings and the "canned" nature of outcomes. Nothing should always work. Running out routes vs man coverage should not always work.

Instead of eliminating certain blitzes from being possible, just make the players smarter and improve blocking mechanics to handle all that kind of stuff from the ground up instead of just putting band aid on specific things here and there.
There is a difference in a glitch blitz and a nano blitz which happens at times in the NFL. Coaches like Rex Ryan and Labeau with their defensive schemes of overload blitzes and double a gap blitzes generate nano blitzes at times. Troy Polamalu has done some nano blitzing at times as I have seen him hit the QB before he can hand it off to the RB. I remember the Ravens played their last game at Texas Stadium and Ray Lewis shot up the a gap untouched a few times where Romo had to just throw it or fall down for the sack. Simply put, nano's happen in real life but glitch blitzing doesn't, there is a difference.

# 19 schnaidt1 @ 06/16/15 10:28 PM
The reason laat years sack issue isnt listed is because ea publicly stated last year that they saw zero issue with the sacks.....even tho the community was pleading for ways to fix getting 10 sacks a game no mater the difficulty. The issue potentially could be fixed with adjustments to cpu ai...but since last year they stated there was no sack issue, one would think they had no reason to address it.

# 20 Aweb20 @ 06/17/15 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Yeah I agree. There are many issues that are always in the game that may seem small but really put me off after a bit of playing. A few off the top of my head are a player's momentum carrying them out of bounds when they have 5+ yards to stop, the AI not knowing when to go for two or on fourth downs (and they always go in certain very specific situations and no other times), onside kicks are nothing like real life kicks, and the ball physics are terrible on punts. The ball always skids off the ground.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.