Home
NHL 16 News Post

EA Sports has revealed the ways you can pre-order NHL 16 when it releases on September 15, again, should you choose to go that route.

• By just pre-ordering the game you can get the 15 HUT Gold packs in the "standard" edition.
  • If you own NHL 15 and digitally pre-order NHL 16 via the PSN or Xbox Live stores, you get 10 HUT Gold packs immediately upon booting up NHL 16.
  • If you pre-order through EB Games/Gamestop, then you get one HUT Gold pack per week for 25 weeks.
The "deluxe" edition more or less explains itself:

The "legacy" edition is for those folks out there still rocking the Xbox 360 or PS3:

• There is an inconsistency here in that the image says you will get 15 HUT Gold packs immediately, while the text on EA's site says you will get one Gold pack per week for 15 weeks. So as of now, your guess is as good as mine in terms of which is true.
  • If you pre-order from EB Games/Gamestop, then you get one HUT Gold pack per week for 25 weeks (which makes me believe with the non-Gamestop offer mentioned above you probably get one Gold pack per week for 15 weeks rather than 15 Gold packs immediately).
Source: NHL 16 - Pre-Order Offer (EA Sports)

Game: NHL 16Reader Score: Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
NHL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 canucksss @ 06/15/15 07:53 PM
Looks heavy on HUT promotion.

# 2 bigwill33 @ 06/15/15 07:58 PM
Absolutely no reason for anyone that doesn't touch HUT to preorder.

# 3 ChaseB @ 06/15/15 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Yeah but that's nothing new. All EA Sports games basically do it this way now, and I always say "why pre-order anyway?" Wait and see if you want to buy the game.

# 4 goillini03 @ 06/15/15 08:23 PM
Quote:
Exactly. I will wait on the reviews...was going to anyway, but this did not sway me.

# 5 jmoney2436 @ 06/15/15 08:35 PM
Seems like the 360/PS3 versions of EASHL are going to be the old Grind to Legend 3. The hint is the Playmaker Boost Pack + Skate Slot 1 they're promoting.

# 6 Cletus @ 06/15/15 10:25 PM
I never pre-order. Wal Mart is 5 minutes down the road from Gamestop. Target is next door to Gamestop. Best Buy is 30 minutes away. So I can have the game at home by 12:30 AM release day by not pre-ordering. I can get my fill of HUT just by playing. Maybe if they re-leased a steel case or some team specific gear or cover I'd be interested.

# 7 BCDX97 @ 06/16/15 01:06 AM
I'm not a fan of pre-ordering, but sometimes they have cool stuff that I want. This garbage, on the other hand, I could not care less about, and am happy to see the pre-order bonus is worthless to me, so I don't have to bother pre-ordering. Well done, EA.

On the other hand, this mode, which I think is brutally unfun, is taking way too much of EA's time and effort. Stop buying this stuff, guys! Please!

# 8 voodoo_magic @ 06/16/15 01:50 AM
How about a preorder discount if I don't want any HUT crap.
Then, I might actually want to preorder.

# 9 canucksss @ 06/16/15 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCDX97
I'm not a fan of pre-ordering, but sometimes they have cool stuff that I want. This garbage, on the other hand, I could not care less about, and am happy to see the pre-order bonus is worthless to me, so I don't have to bother pre-ordering. Well done, EA.

On the other hand, this mode, which I think is brutally unfun, is taking way too much of EA's time and effort. Stop buying this stuff, guys! Please!
You are right, EA is taking much of their time on HUT and the rest of the modes are suffering. This game is still "not a buy" for me, I really need read reviews before spending that amount of money. Besides, I am very sure people needs to wait 1-2 months for EA to release an good roster, tuner/patch to make this game playable, just like in the past.

# 10 Syce @ 06/16/15 08:25 AM
dumb tbh, they should have added some exclusive EASHL Gear or something to make it a bit more interesting. but just HUT packs? ugh.

# 11 jboe235 @ 06/16/15 08:43 AM
Anyone else remember when you could get $10-20 off for pre-ordering games? Those were the days...

# 12 spidertour02 @ 06/16/15 02:15 PM
Quote:
I can give you one. I once went to my local GameStop (a few blocks from my apartment in Brooklyn) and asked for NHL 13. The girl behind the counter didn't know what I was talking about and asked me what the game was. Dumbstruck, I said "It's ... an NHL game. What is there to explain?" Meanwhile, I was scanning the glass behind the counter for a copy of the game -- and there weren't any. She asked me what the NHL is. At this point, I thought I was on another planet. "It's the National Hockey League, the top hockey league of the United States and Canada. Like what the NBA is to basketball." So she asked me what hockey is. THE CASHIER OF MY LOCAL GAMESTOP HAD SOMEHOW NEVER HEARD OF HOCKEY, and since the manager presumably was just as in the dark as this cashier, they didn't stock a single copy of the game. I just turned around and left without another word, walked to the subway, took a 40 minute ride to Union Square, and bought the game at Best Buy.

So ... there's a reason to preorder: if the employees at your local GameStop are so ignorant that they don't know what hockey is!

# 13 Garism @ 06/16/15 02:42 PM
BestBuy and Amazon are having E3 deals right now.. 20-30% off

# 14 ilyazhito @ 06/24/15 03:39 PM
I'm wondering about whether I should buy the NHL legacy edition. On the one hand, I won't want to buy a PS4 just to play NHL 16, which would, together, amount to about $400. On the other hand, I know that the NHL 14/15 goalies are crap, because I tried playing with them. I'll play some more, and play around with sliders, but I do not want to buy NHL legacy edition if the goalies are still crap. Anyhow, will EA use the goalie improvements in NHL 16 in the Legacy Edition? If anyone knows,please answer. If anyone knows the EA developers, then please PM me with their contact info. Thank you very much.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.