Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Check out the new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour gameplay video, utilizing the new "Quick Rounds" feature.

The gameplay coverage begins during the second round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational at the Bayhill Club & Lounge in Orlando, Florida. After watching the video, make sure you post your thoughts!

EA Access subscribers can start playing on July 9 for 10 hours. The game ships on July 14th for Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

UPDATE: EA Sports has posted a new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour blog detailing the Quick Rounds feature, crowd and tournament structures, Golf Channel integration, BOSE Big Hit moments, Heartbeat moments, camera angles and broadcast presentation.

Quote:
New to this year’s game is the Quick Rounds feature, which provides a selection of holes to play each round of a tournament, rather than requiring players to complete all 18 holes each day. You’ll enter each day of the tournament at a different point in the round, with simulated holes based on your player’s ratings and attribute bonuses.

Once you’ve played your selection of holes, the remainder of the round (if you don’t finish on 18) will also be simulated. Players will always complete the final holes on the last day of a tournament, so the ultimate outcome is always up to you.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 1 kehlis @ 06/29/15 08:10 PM
Pretty nice work presentation wise.

I loved the gallery but just have a few small critiques.

I think the celebrations (for making shots) was a bit over the top.

Putt that ended nine feet away was called a great putt and a tap in.

Again I think they did some great work with the overlay and presentation. I hope they don't play that little song after every hole that's reserved for when we go to commercials when watching on TV though because that will get old fast.

After watching this, the attention they put into detail is incredible and is probably why the number of courses is so low.

Thanks for sharing the video!

# 2 hawley088 @ 06/29/15 08:13 PM
just when i finally decided to skip this year due to the lack of courses, this video may just end up changing my mind. (Will most likely pick it up used)

# 3 wheels2121 @ 06/29/15 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I agree. HOPEFULLY though, they were working on the courses this whole time and just weren't able to get them in.. and that they'll be (at least some) will be free DLC (again Torrey and Pebble at least if they're there need to be free, others I'll work with. (ALSO just to throw it out there since I live like 20 mins north of TPC River Highlands (where this past tourney the Travelers was played)... I like that course too (which they had as DLC for 14 or 13).... hopefully that makes the cut too.
Amen to all of this, including River Highlands. We live near each other apparently. Plus that's fun on a video game because it's a birdie fest

# 4 kehlis @ 06/29/15 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
Looks really good. Does anyone have any problem with the camera? I think it's probably what I would choose to use myself.

I like Lerner and Nobilo.
I'm not crazy about that camera but like that and other things (ball trail, putt preview) that I should be able to toggle on/off or change I tried to not let that change my opinion of the video.

# 5 DivotMaker @ 06/29/15 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I'm not crazy about that camera but like that and other things (ball trail, putt preview) that I should be able to toggle on/off or change I tried to not let that change my opinion of the video.
There are other cameras besides Ball Cam which is what they used in that video.

# 6 Steve_OS @ 06/29/15 10:19 PM
UPDATE: EA Sports has posted a new Rory McIlroy PGA Tour blog detailing the Quick Rounds feature, crowd and tournament structures, Golf Channel integration, BOSE Big Hit moments, Heartbeat moments, camera angles and broadcast presentation.

https://www.easports.com/pga-tour/ne...-loading-times

# 7 bowld @ 06/29/15 10:20 PM
Presentation and graphics look great but outside of that it didn't do much for me. That camera angle is weird and lack of courses will cause the game to get stale too fast. I will stick with The Golf Club.

# 8 bowld @ 06/29/15 10:21 PM
Also, why did the user only have to play 16 holes?

# 9 OnlookerDelay @ 06/29/15 11:19 PM
They have an alternate presentation camera called "Pro" camera. Justin talked about here earlier. It will be like the Tiger 12 and 13 True Aim camera until just before the ball lands, then it will switch to a downrange camera to follow the ball to its finish. I bet we won't see any videos of it in action because it's not deemed to be "cool" by today's Follow Cam indoctrinated golf gamers.

# 10 jbd345 @ 06/29/15 11:23 PM
wow, I hate to say it, but that maybe the best commentary in an ea sports title. Loved the flow of the announcers going back and forth. Frostbite looks amazing as I thought it would be. Were those bugs I saw near the ground? The detail is just amazing.

# 11 OnlookerDelay @ 06/29/15 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Also, why did the user only have to play 16 holes?
Because of this (from EA Sports official blog):

New to this year’s game is the Quick Rounds feature, which provides a selection of holes to play each round of a tournament, rather than requiring players to complete all 18 holes each day. You’ll enter each day of the tournament at a different point in the round, with simulated holes based on your player’s ratings and attribute bonuses.

Once you’ve played your selection of holes, the remainder of the round (if you don’t finish on 18) will also be simulated. Players will always complete the final holes on the last day of a tournament, so the ultimate outcome is always up to you.

# 12 Flightwhite24 @ 06/29/15 11:26 PM
No doubt the game looks amazing but it bothers me how the guy was shooting darts. Hoping this game presents a true challenge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 OnlookerDelay @ 06/29/15 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
No doubt the game looks amazing but it bothers me how the guy was shooting darts. Hoping this game presents a true challenge
He was... he said in a later tweet that he was playing Arcade mode in the video, which I find a relief to read!

# 14 Flightwhite24 @ 06/29/15 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
He was... he said in a later tweet that he was playing Arcade mode in the video, which I find a relief to read!

Boy I needed to hear this. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 15 OnlookerDelay @ 06/29/15 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Boy I needed to hear this. Lol
Yeah, me too... especially after seeing the swing feedback meter pretty much paint a right tilted shape of the number "7" one one of his shots, yet the ball only pushed about 5 yards to the right of the intended target!?

# 16 fsufan4423 @ 06/29/15 11:50 PM
Nice touch EA for at least getting Tigers name mentioned in the game. I wonder if his name will appear on the scoreboard/leaderboard? If not, I guess we can always pretend he's injured.

# 17 bxphenom7 @ 06/29/15 11:52 PM
Looks great! The celebrations could venefit from better facial animation and less exaggeration but this looks amazing.

# 18 LingeringRegime @ 06/29/15 11:55 PM
Pretty sure you can customize the celebrations. You used to be able to do that in Tigers game at least. Doubt it's any different here.

I like the commentary in the game. The blades of grass might be the best I've seen on a console game. I wish that they would share some gameplay with all the assists off. That is one of my potential buying triggers.

# 19 kehlis @ 06/30/15 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LingeringRegime
Pretty sure you can customize the celebrations. You used to be able to do that in Tigers game at least. Doubt it's any different here.

I like the commentary in the game. The blades of grass might be the best I've seen on a console game. I wish that they would share some gameplay with all the assists off. That is one of my potential buying triggers.

What makes you doubt a lack of customization?

There isn't even an option for skins matches.

# 20 Boss Rousseau @ 06/30/15 01:40 AM
In every video I've seen the pro has been listed as "PGA Tour Pro"

You can't tell me that our pro's name doesnt show on the LB. He had to just set that as his name or something.

You can't tell me that.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.