Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Rory McIlroy PGA Tour download on EA Access is now available. You will have 10 hours of gameplay time before the game 'locks', forcing you to buy the full version.

Be sure to post your impressions of the game, and share your videos and screenshots!

For those of you not getting the game tonight, Chase Becotte is capturing footage for Operation Sports. Let him know in this thread if there's something in particular you want to see! You should start to see videos on the site tomorrow.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 401 BrownsFan72 @ 07/11/15 03:41 PM
Lol no more like 360 atleast the grass and sand ha

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

# 402 ricky24 @ 07/11/15 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
I'm honestly having no issues with the gameplay on Xbox One or framerate.

It just feels so stripped down and lacking any sort of life.

Yeah it played fine for me too. Just unpolished and not much to it. Don't think it's going to be any different on offer platforms.

# 403 NC12 @ 07/11/15 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
So the graphics look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hahahahaha

# 404 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/11/15 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsFan72
Game has horrible graphics, the grass is atrocious. Very disappointed

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
These crack me up.. You think THIS is horrible graphically? Smh. Lol

Did anyone ever play the career mode and verify how the schedule is handled? Don't feel like reading so many pages!!

# 405 CujoMatty @ 07/11/15 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Yeah it played fine for me too. Just unpolished and not much to it. Don't think it's going to be any different on offer platforms.
Used up my 10 hour early access and just picked it up early for ps4 so I'll have a fairly good perspective of comparison. I'll post some thoughts once I get home.

# 406 Golfsprince @ 07/11/15 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
So the graphics look like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL outstanding.

The mix of opinion on graphics; some say great, some say awful.

Just another great reason to NOT trust fan reviews Lol.

Fan reviews are great for devs to read, just not good for other people who are thinking about getting it.

# 407 kehlis @ 07/11/15 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfsprince
LOL outstanding.

The mix of opinion on graphics; some say great, some say awful.

Just another great reason to NOT trust fan reviews Lol.

Fan reviews are great for devs to read, just not good for other people who are thinking about getting it.
Completely disagree, you just have to know what you are reading and what's important to the person you're reading it from.

It's easy here (Which is why I stick to this site) because I know who values what compared to me.

# 408 KingTocco @ 07/11/15 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
These crack me up.. You think THIS is horrible graphically? Smh. Lol

Did anyone ever play the career mode and verify how the schedule is handled? Don't feel like reading so many pages!!
I played the PGA Tour Mode which is what I assume you're talking about.

The first tournament you have to finish in the top 50 to get your PGA Tour card and then you make it the Tour.

Really disappointing how there is no schedule, if you want to skip a tournament or only play certain ones you have to enter it and then withdraw. You also can't see what's coming up until you finish the current tourney.

Like I said, this is probably one of the most, if not THE most stripped down EA Sports Golf games I've ever played.

The graphics are pretty good, though some of the textures and golfer's could be better IMO.

# 409 kehlis @ 07/11/15 04:51 PM
Have you (or anyone) withdrawn from every tournament till the end of the season to see how many events there are?

# 410 KingTocco @ 07/11/15 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Have you (or anyone) withdrawn from every tournament till the end of the season to see how many events there are?
I have not, but I may do that later to see. That's a good idea, if I do, I will post on here and let you know the results.

# 411 Tomba @ 07/11/15 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Used up my 10 hour early access and just picked it up early for ps4 so I'll have a fairly good perspective of comparison. I'll post some thoughts once I get home.
Let us know how it compares to xbox one

# 412 Mic2904 @ 07/11/15 05:27 PM
This game feels so cheap... No zooming into the hole, swings are way to easy, not enough options to create your golfer, no Masters (!!!)...

Fittingly the correct golfer the face of a poor game

# 413 CujoMatty @ 07/11/15 05:34 PM
Ok ps4 first impressions. And as a disclaimer I do not favor either system and am not a ps4 fan boy in any way.

Half way thru the chambers bay course that you can play while the game installs

-ps4 version has the same draw in issues. I don't know if it's the difference in color palette that xbox uses but the game is way more clear and vibrant on the ps4 in my opinion. That washed out and graininess people were commenting about in the early access version I'm not experiencing on the ps4. I has a little time left on my access version so I switched back and forth a few times to be sure but ya in my opinion the game looks better on ps4.

I'll post more thoughts after the game installs and I can try more things.

# 414 Golfsprince @ 07/11/15 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Completely disagree, you just have to know what you are reading and what's important to the person you're reading it from.

It's easy here (Which is why I stick to this site) because I know who values what compared to me.
I hear you. I just think you are your best critic.

Again, I kinda go back to NBA 2K15. I think it was lowest rated 2K in a few years and some fan reviews talked about how bad it was.

I played it like crazy because I enjoyed it.

It's cool to read impressions but I'm not letting fan impressions make the final call but that's just me but I get what you mean.

# 415 Pompeo89 @ 07/11/15 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zalf
Could you explain what you mean by a real flop shot vs what is in game. I had some serious issues with traps with even medium lips trying to just get out with a wedge. I think you might have a better explanation for why lofted pitch shots and flop shots didn't get it done. I understand trying an explosion or splash shot out of sand, but I haven't figured out how to do it here.
What I mean is in real life if you find yourself in a situation like a pot bunker for instance and you have to hit the ball as straight up in the air as you can its possible with a flop shot...this obviously isn't possible in this game...I havnt played it yet but just from What I've seen and what I know from the old games the "flop shot" is a bit off

# 416 DivotMaker @ 07/11/15 06:07 PM
Quote:
Like I said, this is probably one of the most, if not THE most stripped down EA Sports Golf games I've ever played.
Then you missed out on the wonderful TW2002 for PC and TW06 for 360.....this game has twice as much content and almost twice the courses.

That being said, I do see your point on lack of content and do agree with you.

# 417 Klocker @ 07/11/15 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Ok ps4 first impressions. And as a disclaimer I do not favor either system and am not a ps4 fan boy in any way.

Half way thru the chambers bay course that you can play while the game installs

-ps4 version has the same draw in issues. I don't know if it's the difference in color palette that xbox uses but the game is way more clear and vibrant on the ps4 in my opinion. That washed out and graininess people were commenting about in the early access version I'm not experiencing on the ps4. I has a little time left on my access version so I switched back and forth a few times to be sure but ya in my opinion the game looks better on ps4.

I'll post more thoughts after the game installs and I can try more things.

Most likely 1080/ps4 900/xbox or 900/720.
As expected

# 418 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/11/15 06:49 PM
Quote:
I played the PGA Tour Mode which is what I assume you're talking about.

The first tournament you have to finish in the top 50 to get your PGA Tour card and then you make it the Tour.

Really disappointing how there is no schedule, if you want to skip a tournament or only play certain ones you have to enter it and then withdraw. You also can't see what's coming up until you finish the current tourney.

The graphics are pretty good, though some of the textures and golfer's could be better IMO.
Thanks for the feedback but I see you and others saying stripped down.. It's not like Tiger woods was ported to ps4 then worked on.. This game was built from ground up.. It's not "stripped" down at all. Lacking features? Sure.. But you can't claim its stripped down. Thanks again though for answering the question

# 419 Syncmastr @ 07/11/15 06:51 PM
I've finished up my 10 hours last night and can't wait for Tuesday.

-Game looks good. Even a couple "wow" moments, but just solid all around.

-Can be extremely challenging or very easy depending on the settings. If you are gods at golf video games, of course you will not find much of a challenge no matter what you play. I'm loving the mode where you can't zoom in, and I'm rarely getting a perfect swing.

-I have only seen one amazing shot, A 100+ yard eagle on arcade mode. It also happened to come on the 18th hole while I was even in match play. What a way to end it! However, I'm not seeing back to back eagles followed by a hole in one like others clam. If anything, it seems like a lot more shots lip out or hit the pin for a funny (but realistic) bounce.

I might be biased because I didn't buy TW every year. It was more of a every 4 or 5 year purchase for me. I'm also much more into "lets pass the controller around and play golf" with friends than going online. So I can see where some of the content complaints are coming from. However, I figured anyone posting impressions on this forum would already be expecting that. We have known for a while, and it is EA.

# 420 CujoMatty @ 07/11/15 07:44 PM
Here's a video of a few holes on the ps4. You have to fast forward to 1:20 I had it on the pause menu and didn't edit the clip because I was in a hurry to get to work.

Any who not finding too much different than my time with the x1 version but like I said to me it looks better.

https://youtu.be/GT85qOYJFMk

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.