Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

The Rory McIlroy PGA Tour download on EA Access is now available. You will have 10 hours of gameplay time before the game 'locks', forcing you to buy the full version.

Be sure to post your impressions of the game, and share your videos and screenshots!

For those of you not getting the game tonight, Chase Becotte is capturing footage for Operation Sports. Let him know in this thread if there's something in particular you want to see! You should start to see videos on the site tomorrow.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 421 kennytomson @ 07/11/15 08:07 PM
on my last hour of ea access, and at this point can't justify a purchase...even at 49.99.

-lack of game modes...no driving range / practice mode, tournament mode, nothing. create a player and play through however many seasons there are. not even a season mode for a licensed pro (though to be fair they've never had that option)

-horrible bare bones create-a-golfer...and being that this is the main character you will be spending your time with. why even license players if they never show up in game or can only be used for play now (which is only one round)

-only 6 licensed tournaments (A. Palmer classic, US open, the Open, The PLAYERS, PGA championship, Deutsche). Not sure how many TW14 had but I think it was at least in the teens.

-graphics are o.k., a little more on the realistic side than what the series is known for, but nothing special. animations after a made or missed putt are way over the top, and your player is constantly in 'about to strike' position. no reading the greens animation, or looking down the fairway before he addresses the ball.

i'll pick this up for 19.99 down the road, it's just not a complete game. i have a feeling this is being geared more for the 'night golf' crowd, which i haven't even tried, because there should be more here with the two year development cycle they had.

# 422 DivotMaker @ 07/11/15 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennytomson
on my last hour of ea access, and at this point can't justify a purchase...even at 49.99.

-lack of game modes...no driving range / practice mode, tournament mode, nothing. create a player and play through however many seasons there are. not even a season mode for a licensed pro (though to be fair they've never had that option)

-horrible bare bones create-a-golfer...and being that this is the main character you will be spending your time with. why even license players if they never show up in game or can only be used for play now (which is only one round)

-only 6 licensed tournaments (A. Palmer classic, US open, the Open, The PLAYERS, PGA championship, Deutsche). Not sure how many TW14 had but I think it was at least in the teens.

-graphics are o.k., a little more on the realistic side than what the series is known for, but nothing special. animations after a made or missed putt are way over the top, and your player is constantly in 'about to strike' position. no reading the greens animation, or looking down the fairway before he addresses the ball.

i'll pick this up for 19.99 down the road, it's just not a complete game. i have a feeling this is being geared more for the 'night golf' crowd, which i haven't even tried, because there should be more here with the two year development cycle they had.
9 licensed courses, 2 fantasy, and 2 fictional. More licensed courses coming sooner than later. However, I get it if you want to wait and agree with the animations after shot being way over the top and I agree with the overall lack of content comments from you and others.

# 423 zagsaddict @ 07/11/15 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
9 licensed courses, 2 fantasy, and 2 fictional. More licensed courses coming sooner than later. However, I get it if you want to wait and agree with the animations after shot being way over the top and I agree with the overall lack of content comments from you and others.
Has it actually been confirmed there will be more licensed courses added than just TPC Scottsdale?

# 424 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/11/15 10:00 PM
HIGHLY doubt they wouldn't release any. If they didn't, they'd never sell another copy for next release.

# 425 wheels2121 @ 07/11/15 10:19 PM
only six tourneys? Will they add more with the new courses?
Cuz otherwise, that's a dealbreaker for me

# 426 kehlis @ 07/11/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
only six tourneys? Will they add more with the new courses?
Cuz otherwise, that's a dealbreaker for me
Where did you get only 6 tourneys from?

# 427 wheels2121 @ 07/11/15 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Where did you get only 6 tourneys from?
Someone on the previous page of this thread

# 428 Chairman7w @ 07/11/15 11:11 PM
Thanks for posting that. Definitely looks better than the XB1.

Would love to see video of TPC Sawgrass in early morning if you're able.

Nice eagle, by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujomatty
Here's a video of a few holes on the ps4. You have to fast forward to 1:20 I had it on the pause menu and didn't edit the clip because I was in a hurry to get to work.

Any who not finding too much different than my time with the x1 version but like I said to me it looks better.

https://youtu.be/GT85qOYJFMk

# 429 mike24forever @ 07/11/15 11:20 PM
I've played 3 click golf, and it resembles my personal golf game. I actually hit a ball out of bounds with a snap hook. I'm 42 years old so my reflexes may be slowing down, so this may explain why it's more difficult to 3 putt golf for me. What I like about the missed hits, the camera swings to the poor side you hit the ball so you know and kind of see where the ball is heading. I really like that. Also on bad swings you see a colour on the swing plain to know you've hit a hook or a fade on a bad shot.

This is what I would like to see more out of the analog swing mode. Let variations in the swing mean more for misses right and left. This would really cause you to focus on get the club squared at impact, and if you didn't, you would be penalized.

Also bunkers and chip shots are way too easy. You don't need to be creative to get a good shot, pull back and push forward and you will chip in or stick it closes

I miss the foot placement they had In recent years and the second aim ball is hurting my heart. Let me hold the position on the ball strike ball and if it move while I swing, it could lead to a bad shot.

Let me see an accuracy meter that will help lead to bad shots, not just long or short.

I hope these can be add to the beautiful looking golf game.

# 430 DivotMaker @ 07/12/15 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheels2121
Someone on the previous page of this thread
No, someone claimed there was only 6 LICENSED COURSES in the game and that is not true. There are 9 if you include Scottsdale.

We do not know how many tournaments are in the game right now and won't know until we know what their plans are for DLC content and we should have some idea come Tuesday or right after launch.

# 431 brandon27 @ 07/12/15 12:06 AM
Just played a round at The Wetlands. Man... sure is nice to see an EA fantasy course resemble a real golf course. I know I wont like Paracel, but hopefully lighthouse cove and the grand canyon one are similar. If they are, I have no issue with them being "fantasy courses" They aren't fantasy, just... artificial. I said that back when the course list came out... as long as they resemble an actual golf course, I'll be happy. So far, I'm one for one.

# 432 wheels2121 @ 07/12/15 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
No, someone claimed there was only 6 LICENSED COURSES in the game and that is not true. There are 9 if you include Scottsdale.

We do not know how many tournaments are in the game right now and won't know until we know what their plans are for DLC content and we should have some idea come Tuesday or right after launch.
This is from KennyTomson

"only 6 licensed tournaments (A. Palmer classic, US open, the Open, The PLAYERS, PGA championship, Deutsche). Not sure how many TW14 had but I think it was at least in the teens."

# 433 CujoMatty @ 07/12/15 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman7w
Thanks for posting that. Definitely looks better than the XB1.

Would love to see video of TPC Sawgrass in early morning if you're able.

Nice eagle, by the way!
I'll see what I can do when I get home from work.

# 434 Marcellus Wallace @ 07/12/15 02:07 AM
Shame this isn't shaping up to be very good.

# 435 CujoMatty @ 07/12/15 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus Wallace
Shame this isn't shaping up to be very good.
The thing is, it does obviously have some serious shortcomings but I find myself really wanting to play it. I've been pretty busy with life but in the back of my mind I'm wanting to play so there's definitely something there.

# 436 Klocker @ 07/12/15 02:27 AM
Quote:
The thing is, it does obviously have some serious shortcomings but I find myself really wanting to play it. I've been pretty busy with life but in the back of my mind I'm wanting to play so there's definitely something there.

Yep if you're not expecting much but building players, even if he doesn't resemble myself, and playing through some matches on some pretty courses with fun golf and dont mind waiting for the DLC or whatever they have planned as support then its a fun game.

I am curious to see where they take it over the next two years before releasing another version.

I wasn't married to any previous version so I dont miss all the stuff -as barren as it is of content currently - so to me it's worth the money.

I really am enjoying being on the course

# 437 Marcellus Wallace @ 07/12/15 03:35 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Yep if you're not expecting much but building players, even if he doesn't resemble myself, and playing through some matches on some pretty courses with fun golf and dont mind waiting for the DLC or whatever they have planned as support then its a fun game.

I am curious to see where they take it over the next two years before releasing another version.

I wasn't married to any previous version so I dont miss all the stuff -as baron as it is of content currently - so to me it's worth the money.

I really am enjoying being on the course
Well, that's good to hear. Honestly, the emptiness of TGC has gotten to me and I'm looking for something else to play...and I do miss the EA golf games a bit. I might just rent it and see how it plays first.

# 438 Klocker @ 07/12/15 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus Wallace
Well, that's good to hear. Honestly, the emptiness of TGC has gotten to me and I'm looking for something else to play...and I do miss the EA golf games a bit. I might just rent it and see how it plays first.
Yes the sound is great especially the crowd, commentary is pretty good albeit typical repetitiveness but I just play the music on course sometimes too and the atmosphere keeps me going.

Also you can really play many more holes compared to the old games in a lot less time. Keeps me engaged

# 439 MrSkagTrendy @ 07/12/15 05:31 AM
I can safely say that having just got back from shooting a real life 99, I am appreciating being able to shoot under par rounds on this game! It has grown on me a lot since first getting it..just takes some time!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

# 440 k1lo5 @ 07/12/15 07:44 AM
I see the player creation is very limited in videos on youtube. Do we think they will implement game face can tech like NBA Live 16 coming in september? Surely EA can share tech between titles? Simple add on.

sent via galaxy s5 using tapatalk

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.