Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K today announced DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier have combined forces to curate the largest soundtrack in NBA 2K history for NBA 2K16. Each producer created two new tracks exclusively for NBA 2K16 in addition to each curating one of the game’s six in-game playlists.

With more than 50 tracks spanning a diverse mix of genres, NBA 2K16’s soundtrack is by far the biggest yet.

Read the full press release below.

Trio of Award-Winning Producers Bring the Beat to NBA® 2K16 Soundtrack

DJ Mustard, DJ Khaled and DJ Premier collaborate to create biggest soundtrack in NBA 2K history, including six new exclusive tracks

2K today announced that NBA 2K16, the newest iteration of the top-rated video game simulation series for the last 15 years*, will feature the most extensive soundtrack in NBA 2K history with three genre-defining collaborators at the helm - legendary hip-hop producer DJ Premier, renowned producer DJ Khaled, and super-producer DJ Mustard. As one of the most successful entertainment properties of the last decade, NBA 2K16’s partnership brings together their unique creative direction in curating more than 50 tracks and contributing a total of six new exclusive tracks to this year’s title.
  • “I am excited to be a part of the ongoing series of NBA 2K. As a sports fan, it was already fun before the work began. NBA 2K16 will be another big hit, especially alongside DJ Mustard and DJ Khaled bringing our different musical styles to the game.” - DJ Premier
  • “I am honored to collaborate with NBA 2K, which is such a distinguished brand and one of my favorite video games. Basketball and music are two of my favorite things, and I'm excited to light up the soundtrack with my signature sound. Expect the hottest tracks and of course hit music when you press the start button on NBA 2K16! We The Best! Who?!!! NBA 2K16 that's who!!!!” – DJ Khaled
  • “It’s an honor and a blessing to be part of the NBA 2K musical family alongside legends like Pharrell, Jay Z, DJ Premier and DJ Khaled.” - DJ Mustard
NBA 2K16’s soundtrack will be comprised of six in-game playlists, including three lists individually curated by each producer, an international “Around the World” playlist, the 2K Classics Mixtape featuring fan favorites from previous 2K titles, and a master playlist that includes all 50 tracks from this year’s selection. The expansive music library spans a wide range of genres, including hip-hop, electronic, pop, rock and alternative, from throwback tracks from the ‘70s through today’s Top 40, including The Ramones’ “Blitzkrieg Bop,” Nas’ “Represent,” and Zedd’s “I Want You to Know” featuring Selena Gomez.

Gamers will also have the opportunity to listen to all-new instrumental tracks created by each producer, which will be available in-game at various points during the MyPLAYER and MyGM experiences.

“As we continue to identify ways to elevate the NBA 2K franchise for our fans, we wanted to give them more options and choices than ever before with this year’s soundtrack,” said Alfie Brody, Vice President of Marketing for NBA 2K. “By bringing these influential producers onboard, fans will be able to experience in-game music in unique, customizable ways.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, NBA 2K16 is not yet rated by the ESRB. NBA 2K16 will be available for PlayStation®4 system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Xbox 360; and Windows PC platforms on September 29, 2015.

Fans can pre-order NBA 2K16 at participating North American retail and online vendors, ensuring they receive their copy and in-game bonuses ahead of the game’s September 29 release date. While game covers will be distributed at random, each game box includes a foldable insert with all 3 individual cover athletes, ensuring the ability to insert the cover of their choice into the front of box.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 stlpimpmonsta @ 07/09/15 01:15 PM
2/3 of the soundtrack is already gone. Don't want to hear DJ Khaled going "we da best" before he mostly mediocre songs. Didn't know who DJ Mustard was but hear only one song of his to find out he's the dude that's been same sounding *** music I've been hearing for the last 2 years on the radio that I absolutely hate with a passion.

DJ Premiere is DJ Premiere. One of the best producers ever. I know his stuff will be good.

Though DJ Khaled could redeem himself to me if he puts the instrumental of "brown paper bag" in there for okc fans after next season if they don't win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 42 SteveQ @ 07/09/15 01:25 PM
Premier's playlist will probably be dope. Khaled is mostly annoying with a few good tracks here and there so I don't know about his playlist. Mustard....I think I'll be skipping his, it's probably on the radio enough already and I hate most rap that gets played on the radio. The classic 2K soundtrack is gonna be amazing though, especially if they go to 2K12 and back. I just hope it's better than 2K15's. This is the first year I cut off all the songs on the game.

# 43 SeaTownGamer @ 07/09/15 01:33 PM
I like DJ Mustard...YG sounds dope on his beats.

# 44 Ownal0t @ 07/09/15 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Yeah...lets derail every announcement threads about online, crew and online association. We go through this every year and I still find it funny that people still want to push the mods to their limits. Oh well hope you guys enjoyed your stay here at OS.
Who is pushing the mods? I don't think there was a post related to OA that was "pushing a mod". As for me, the question was, why should the OA peeps Be mad? And I gave the honest answer. I been on topic with this soundtrack stuff

# 45 raiderphantom @ 07/09/15 01:48 PM
Premier is a legend. I've been wanting Moment of Truth on a soundtrack forever.

# 46 ckarlic @ 07/09/15 02:06 PM
+1 to DJ Mustard and DJ Premier

-1,000,000 to DJ Kahled (Can't stand this guy..i think he is corny as all hell)

# 47 Cardot @ 07/09/15 02:07 PM
So I have to wait yet another year for a Carpenters themed 2K sound track? Sigh.

# 48 KingTocco @ 07/09/15 02:35 PM
I'll Hold You Down by DJ Khaled and crew should be in and should only play when you're the clippers in regards to DeAndre Jordan.

# 49 Hootiefish @ 07/09/15 02:52 PM
Let me be that guy - WTF is a DJ Mustard. That may be the worst DJ name I've ever heard. And DJ Khaled is garbage.

Finally, don't try and hype your track listing by mentioning a song featuring Selena Gomez.

# 50 JODYE @ 07/09/15 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WISports
No country music once again?

#discrimination

Seriously tho, there are plenty of up-beat country songs that could be used. Florida Georgia Line have a few that could be used.
Talk about being completely oblivious to the general basketball/b-ball gaming fan demographic. It's probably a good thing you are not anywhere near the NBA or 2Ks marketing department.

# 51 Mr.Papercut @ 07/09/15 03:07 PM
One of them better have some Kendrick Lamar in there, the best rapper nowadays. He also has made some songs about basketball like Black Boy Fly which mentions how he was jealous of Arron Afflalo, so it would logical to have that song on the soundtrack.

# 52 HealyMonster @ 07/09/15 03:08 PM
DJ Mustard? Sounds legit.

Im going to try and get in 2k17 DJ McNugget

# 53 DIRK41NOWITZKI @ 07/09/15 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
DJ Mustard? Sounds legit.

Im going to try and get in 2k17 DJ McNugget

I literally bursted out laughing when I read that. I do like DJ Mustard though.

# 54 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
Idk. Maybe the fact that 2k rather talk about soundtracks than a mode that works better on 2k13 last Gen than the current game this year.

They been ignored for the whole year except for that 1 twitter blow up. And after finally making a league , I feel their pain. Maybe that's why they are voicing their outrage
Maybe they should take their outrage to a thread thats about OA.

# 55 aholbert32 @ 07/09/15 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootiefish
Let me be that guy - WTF is a DJ Mustard. That may be the worst DJ name I've ever heard. And DJ Khaled is garbage.

Finally, don't try and hype your track listing by mentioning a song featuring Selena Gomez.
DJ Mustard is one of the biggest hip hop producers around right now.

# 56 suh90beast @ 07/09/15 03:25 PM
I hope the put in one Gucci Mane song, and put in that Chief Keef Kobe song.
#FreeGucci1017

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 57 suh90beast @ 07/09/15 03:26 PM
I bet they go put in DJ Khaled We Takin Over. Song was a classic tho

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

# 58 BellSKA @ 07/09/15 03:36 PM
I find this amusing because the first thing I've done since 2K12 is turn the in game music and main menu music to zero. Please understand, I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I'm just saying it doesn't add anything to the game experience for me. If in game voice chat actually worked I would already be forced to listen to someone's own music playing over their headset.

# 59 BA2929 @ 07/09/15 04:16 PM
I've never heard of these guys because I'm old and don't listen to DJs, but anything that involves putting MORE music into a sports game I spend hundreds of hours in is great. I'm much too lazy to turn on my own music while in the menus and I don't like sitting in silence.

It'd be funny if the three DJs were named Mustard/Ketchup/HotDog though.

# 60 ven0m43 @ 07/09/15 04:20 PM
I play on the PC, so the sound track isn't that big of a deal. I can just mod it and add my own songs.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.