Home
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR News Post

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR is available today for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. We wanted to open a new discussion for those of you that didn't get a chance to try out the EA Access trial.

Get in a few rounds and post your impressions.

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR page.

Game: Rory McIlroy PGA TOURReader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 12 - View All
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Videos
Member Comments
# 121 Garrett67 @ 07/14/15 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTTS
Exactly what Im waiting for--three click impressions.

What options are there with three click please.

Tony

I tried 3 click earlier. Never done it before with a controller but it seemed like how I remember it. I'm not sure if there are different difficulty levels for the meter though (as in turning off the suggested stop point).

I don't like the meter simply because I'm focusing on that instead of my player, so I only tried it for a hole or two.

# 122 kehlis @ 07/14/15 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Use the shift button to type in lower case, stop yelling.
It's not really that big of a deal.

# 123 VTKombat @ 07/14/15 09:22 PM
I can't get enough. Must go to bed. Just finished the first round at Sawgrass with a minus 3. Not bad after my embarrassing +6 early exit in Boston. Dalae has a decent lead tho, will be tough to catch. One thing I'm really enjoying, although small, is the ability to line up a new outfit for each round. Makes that second third and fourth round have a slightly different feel. Sawgrass looks awesome, the water looks really good.

# 124 Bstapp123 @ 07/14/15 09:30 PM
How do you bypass the Prologue?? Do you have to win to advance to the actual game???

# 125 jpdavis82 @ 07/14/15 09:32 PM
If you guys want a challenge play with a created golfer, when you have no power it's a different game. Really enjoying the game so far, I like how the commentary references previous rounds and even past historic moments in golf. I've heard references to Garcia, Woods, Mickelson, Nicklaus, Hogan, etc....

Solid debut, look forward to seeing where they go from here.

8/10

# 126 Bstapp123 @ 07/14/15 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
If you guys want a challenge play with a created golfer, when you have no power it's a different game. Really enjoying the game so far, I like how the commentary references previous rounds and even past historic moments in golf. I've heard references to Garcia, Woods, Mickelson, Nicklaus, Hogan, etc....

8/10
How do I bypass the prologue??

# 127 DirtyJerz32 @ 07/14/15 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

8/10
This would be nice as long as you can keep the attributes where they are. If they level up on there own it could be back to throwing darts and 100% fairways hit in regulation.

# 128 OnlookerDelay @ 07/14/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klocker
Edit: and try to ignore the green ball . they need to give us the option to turn that off
It's too close to my golfer's feet to totally ignore the fill meter, although I try. I'd pay a $5 DLC fee just to include an option to turn the damn thing OFF!

# 129 Gerg04 @ 07/14/15 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
It's too close to my golfer's feet to totally ignore the fill meter, although I try. I'd pay a $5 DLC fee just to include an option to turn the damn thing OFF!
I know you're being facetious, but ffs man, don't give them any ideas!!

Can't believe nobody has mentioned this... The bugs in this game are driving me crazy! I dealt with it at Sawgrass hoping it was just there maybe not as many next course. Wetlands they're everywhere! And it looks like they're actually on my damn TV, wth EA? I mean, nice try but imo they're brutally annoying

# 130 Bstapp123 @ 07/14/15 10:16 PM
Quote:
Can you not zoom in on your upcoming shot. I can't see where I'm hitting the ball!

# 131 shogunofharlem3 @ 07/14/15 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04

Can't believe nobody has mentioned this... The bugs in this game are driving me crazy! I dealt with it at Sawgrass hoping it was just there maybe not as many next course. Wetlands they're everywhere! And it looks like they're actually on my damn TV, wth EA? I mean, nice try but imo they're brutally annoying
And they zoom around my surround sound.

# 132 Garrett67 @ 07/14/15 10:45 PM
The reflections off the clubs and shirt buttons are also over the top.

# 133 hort22 @ 07/14/15 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTTS
Exactly what Im waiting for--three click impressions.

What options are there with three click please.

Tony
hey tony there are some 3 click impressions over at the tiger i mean rory forums

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/10342429.page

# 134 TheBleedingRed21 @ 07/14/15 10:57 PM
Finally got to play, quick impressions..

The presentation is great.. The crowd and just the overall atmosphere are worth the play.

The putting is atrocious. Hopefully they figure this out sooner than later.

The game is very tough and no way I personally will be hitting darts (I use zoom off and only aim from golfer point of view)

Cannot wait to dive more in and play in career mode.

While barebones, I need to have the presentation and licensed courses (regardless of how shallow).

Not to compare TGC to this but it showed me how important presentation truly is.

Overall, I think I'll be very pleased having this and TGC

# 135 OnlookerDelay @ 07/14/15 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstapp123
Can you not zoom in on your upcoming shot. I can't see where I'm hitting the ball!
I never really tried that... I was pretty sold on the default view for swinging the club. It shows my golfer in enough detail from the proper height to help my gauge the swing... as much as it can be gauged from the golfer animation in this game. I'm away from my XB1 until late Saturday, so I'll give this a go with the few minutes of EA time I have left. My thinking is that no matter what swing view I used, the fill meter was always going to be there.

# 136 OnlookerDelay @ 07/14/15 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
LOL... now that I think about it; my lips are sealed!

# 137 saucerset @ 07/14/15 11:24 PM
One thing I miss from previous versions is the ability to check your lie, or to be able to move around the green to judge breaks. I would like to play with the grid off but it's almost impossible to gauge the green and it's breaks with only one static view. Something I hope they reinstall in a future version.

# 138 DivotMaker @ 07/14/15 11:47 PM
Quote:
Why are you looking at your Golfer's FEET? He does not swing the club with his feet. I hope they give the option to remove the green ball, but I don't see it anyway, so I am good either way....LOL...."too close to my golfer's feet"....

# 139 DivotMaker @ 07/14/15 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
One thing I miss from previous versions is the ability to check your lie, or to be able to move around the green to judge breaks. I would like to play with the grid off but it's almost impossible to gauge the green and it's breaks with only one static view. Something I hope they reinstall in a future version.
Check your lie with the lowest swing camera......and I agree about the putting cameras, spot on.

# 140 OnlookerDelay @ 07/15/15 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Why are you looking at your Golfer's FEET? He does not swing the club with his feet. I hope they give the option to remove the green ball, but I don't see it anyway, so I am good either way....LOL...."too close to my golfer's feet"....
Well, I'm not really.... I'm misspeaking a lot today... what I'm really trying to say is that the fill meter is in view below my golfer's feet, even though I'm focused on my golfer's arms (not actually his feet, I do look like a putz for saying feet though )

I'm usually good at concentrating on things and blocking out things I don't want to see, but I fail miserably at totally blocking out the fainting glimpse of that stupid fill meter.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.