Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

TrueAchievements have posted the NBA 2K16 achievements and it has revealed quite a few interesting nuggets of information.

According to the list, NBA 2K16 will feature the Summer League in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. It also confirmed MyLEAGUE Online, team relocation and 3 team trades.

There are quite a few other achievements for MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE, MyGM, MyPARK, MyCAREER, but nothing for CREW fans, so take it for what it's worth.

Other notable Achievements:
  • Win all 10 games of 'Greatest of All-Time' in Play Now Online.
  • Announce where your college ball will be played at.
  • Discover your first rune in MyTEAM.
  • Complete the 10th game of The Gauntlet in MyTEAM.
  • Unlock Historic Domination in MyTEAM.
Thanks for the heads up @RareBishop!

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 181 JJFurr29 @ 07/16/15 03:06 AM
Id love to be able to play in college in my career. I far prefer college basketball over the NBA. However, it would be very disheartening if they had some actual colleges to pick from and Duke wasn't on of them (for me). Id rather had all generic made up colleges than that.

And the question about relocating teams. If you move the Atlanta Hawks to Sa Diego would it actually move teams around in divisions/conferences. Like Phoenix to the Midwest, OKC to the South West and Memphis/Nola to replace Atlanta in the Southeast? Or make the San Diego Hawks play in the southeast.

# 182 Boilerbuzz @ 07/16/15 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
I really doubt they are stealing guys like Mike Wang or OG to put in stuff for MyTeam. From what have seen, their team is split up with different focuses.

This.

The annual premise of "stealing from gameplay", needs to die. Things don't works that way.

Btw, the point about steals and protecting the ball is incorrect. There IS a protect mechanic in the game and had been for years. People just don't use it and VC is too chicken **** to MAKE people use it. If you want to criticize them for something, start there and work your way up. There are FAR too many incomplete aspects of the game that are there because the game would be "too hard" for the 12 year olds. There used to be live balls in 2K12. Care to discuss why that got gimped? And who took the blame for it? Not the player. The game.

# 183 warhorseballa06 @ 07/16/15 04:07 AM
Will my VC carry over to 2k16?

# 184 ataman5 @ 07/16/15 05:58 AM
MY League Online !!!

:y220d ::wo ot::cheers :

It's been way too long since i used these kind of happy smileys in operationsports, maaan..
Phewwwww all those years...

Tears of joy....

Thanks to all who contributed and such...
All kind greetings from Turkey!

# 185 ataman5 @ 07/16/15 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amedawg00
Myleague Online. Say no more. To all of my OA brethren who helped keep hope alive in the epic OL thread, our efforts were not in vain. I told yall to never lose hope and 2k has rewarded our faith and determination to get their attention. ***tears of joy***

Man! Isn't that beatiful!

# 186 dwayne12345 @ 07/16/15 06:41 AM
Quote:
This is cool news.

I hope the relocation isn't like Madden in where you HAVE to change the team's logo and jerseys to some garbage generic one.

Would be nice if we can choose our own jerseys. For example moving to Seattle should allow us to be the Sonics. Maybe let me take the Nets back to Jersey. Take the Clippers to San Diego to be the Braves (and use their throwbacks as main jerseys).
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
You don't have to change your team name in Madden...they give you 3 options current team name and 2 others.
I wasn't speaking about team names. I said logo and jersey. Basically I hope it's well thought out.

# 187 mojoXLVII @ 07/16/15 07:07 AM
This kind of development is why this game remains a yearly purchase for me.

# 188 lvnba @ 07/16/15 07:59 AM
Quote:
MyLeague Online

I can't believe it...FINALLY.

Congrats to all the online thread guys, we deserve it

# 189 romeischillin @ 07/16/15 08:53 AM
Seeing as colleges are in the game in terms of being listed for all the players I'm thinking you will be able to choose "Kentucky" or "UCLA" or "Duke" or "North Carolina", etc. but you will not see the actual school logos or school names such as Wildcats, Bruins, Blue Devils or Tar Heels, etc. but you never know seeing as "Davidson" and "Arizona State" are clearly visible on the jersey's of Curry and Harden, I can't tell if "Kentucky" is on Davis' National Championship shirt or not

# 190 Arrowhead21 @ 07/16/15 09:01 AM
Very interested to see what that college basketball achievement is all about. seems like we're making strides towards College Hoops being implemented into an NBA game which would be simply incredible if it eventually happened. 3 Team Trades and Relocation are also great additions. Not sure if I'll be experiencing MyLeague Online but hopefully that runs smooth for everyone. 2K seems to be the opposite of complacent this year.

# 191 King_B_Mack @ 07/16/15 09:39 AM
Really excited about the possibilities for the game this year. Summer League being back is fantastic and the potential college stuff would just be insane.

Still obviously on wait and see status with this college thing, but it's fun to speculate on the potential avenues we could go down here. Obviously Arizona State, Kentucky and Davidson are licensed based on the cover photos, however why would 2K pay the licensing fees for the Villanova's of the world when there are only 4 game covers?

Explanation 1: The schools (including Kentucky, Davidson and Arizona State) are playable in game should you choose to attend one of them in MyCareer after all, they don't need licensing to say the names of or list the names of schools in the game.

Explanation 2: Perhaps we'll be getting a new user interface that incorporates pictures of current players in the league during their college years and current careers? Kyle Lowry is a Villanova alum, he's the only current Nova alum in the NBA that I could see getting a picture featured in the background of his college days. Randy Foye and Dante Cunningham are the other two.

On the topic of Vic, there's so much potential for that one.

Example 1) He could be your slimey agent that clearly has rubbed a lot of people in the organization the wrong way and the team feels the need to talk to you about his presence in your life.

Example 2) They could be drawing off a real life situation (I'm looking at you D-Rose) and Vic is your brother who's being a bad influence and overstepping his bounds with management.

Example 3) Vic could be a childhood friend or simply a friend that's apart of your entourage that's been leeching off your status as an NBA player.

Example 4) What if Vic is a teammate that you'll gain playing together in college that becomes a friend who doesn't get drafted or suffers a career ending injury in college who's really resentful of your life in the NBA and is doing things in the background to either mold your career the way he wanted his to go or sabotage your career?

Lot's of possibilities for this game this year. Really can't wait to see what they have in store. Hopefully they knock it out of the park.

# 192 Hassan Darkside @ 07/16/15 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Really excited about the possibilities for the game this year. Summer League being back is fantastic and the potential college stuff would just be insane.

Still obviously on wait and see status with this college thing, but it's fun to speculate on the potential avenues we could go down here. Obviously Arizona State, Kentucky and Davidson are licensed based on the cover photos, however why would 2K pay the licensing fees for the Villanova's of the world when there are only 4 game covers?

Explanation 1: The schools (including Kentucky, Davidson and Arizona State) are playable in game should you choose to attend one of them in MyCareer after all, they don't need licensing to say the names of or list the names of schools in the game.

Explanation 2: Perhaps we'll be getting a new user interface that incorporates pictures of current players in the league during their college years and current careers? Kyle Lowry is a Villanova alum, he's the only current Nova alum in the NBA that I could see getting a picture featured in the background of his college days. Randy Foye and Dante Cunningham are the other two.

Example 1) He could be your slimey agent that clearly has rubbed a lot of people in the organization the wrong way and the team feels the need to talk to you about his presence in your life.

Example 2) They could be drawing off a real life situation (I'm looking at you D-Rose) and Vic is your brother who's being a bad influence and overstepping his bounds with management.

Example 3) Vic could be a childhood friend or simply a friend that's apart of your entourage that's been leeching off your status as an NBA player.

Example 4) What if Vic is a teammate that you'll gain playing together in college that becomes a friend who doesn't get drafted or suffers a career ending injury in college who's really resentful of your life in the NBA and is doing things in the background to either mold your career the way he wanted his to go or sabotage your career?

Lot's of possibilities for this game this year. Really can't wait to see what they have in store. Hopefully they knock it out of the park.
Another possibility for the college thing I'm thinking is that they may drop you in the Elite 8 or Final 4 (or generic college basketball tournament since they don't have NCAA licensing) during your MyCareer and how you play during that may influence your draft position. I could see you having some scene where there's a handful of colleges recruiting you (only of the ones you listed), then it fast forwards to the final 4, and your play during the tournament helps determine your draft position.

# 193 Ward13 @ 07/16/15 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
Who the hell wants to play in the D-League especially in a video game?

The aspect of having different jerseys, arenas, and building a league full of my created players is what makes the D-league fun for me. I like to create my own league with my own prospects not just play with the same NBA players/teams. Don't automatically assume this league is useless just because you didn't utilize it in a beneficial manner, be more creative instead of making one-sided assumptions.

# 194 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/16/15 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack

Regarding Vic, the achievement about "getting to know the Vic you never knew" seems to me to hint that he's going to die and you'll find something out about him after the fact or something. Maybe I'm being too dramatic about it though lol.

And a theory on the college implementation:

With the relocation and assumed upgraded create-a-team feature, I wonder if they'll let you pick a college and then design the jerseys or something for them. My guess is no, but we'll see.

# 195 Junior Moe @ 07/16/15 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrowhead21
Very interested to see what that college basketball achievement is all about. seems like we're making strides towards College Hoops being implemented into an NBA game which would be simply incredible if it eventually happened. 3 Team Trades and Relocation are also great additions. Not sure if I'll be experiencing MyLeague Online but hopefully that runs smooth for everyone. 2K seems to be the opposite of complacent this year.
Man 2K has gone completely nuts this year! And we don't even know what else that have added. They got me looking at all of the other sports franchises like what's your excuse for not having X, Y, and Z? They truly have raised the bar in my estimation.

# 196 jk31 @ 07/16/15 11:47 AM
But then all those modes mean nothing when in the ends it is all about the game being played on the court. And I have to say it has a lot of flaws....

# 197 Boilerbuzz @ 07/16/15 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorseballa06
Will my VC carry over to 2k16?

Does it carry over in any other sport title?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
But then all those modes mean nothing when in the ends it is all about the game being played on the court. And I have to say it has a lot of flaws....

Yeah. And? It's still one of, if not THE, best representation of it's sport. Of course it has flaws. But don't act like they do anything more than take you out of the immersion and are more nuisances than anything else. So, honestly, you DON'T have to say a video game has flaws. They've been beat to death through out the year. And there is nothing about a leaked list of achievements that would give insight, pro or con, about which gameplay flaws were addressed. So why even bring it up in this discussion? To piss in everyone else's Cheerios is the only reason I can think of.

# 198 Hassan Darkside @ 07/16/15 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
It does. But it also has a lot of things right.

I criticise the game as much as the next guy but let's be realistic. Since the late naughties 2k has consistently been one of the best sports games around. It's single player ventures are far superior to games like Fifa and NHL. By miles. It's online is heavily flawed but also a lot of fun at times and the servers are no worse than EA I don't care what anyone says.

Fact of the matter is, everyone keeps buying. No matter the flaws. Because the positives always outweigh the negatives and it improves on itself every year.

We're lucky to have a game of this caliber for the sport we love. It could be a lot worse, just ask MMA fans.
I haven't played UFC but all I hear is good things thanks to the efforts EA took post launch. But those MMA fans could ask football fans...

# 199 jeremym480 @ 07/16/15 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
We're lucky to have a game of this caliber for the sport we love. It could be a lot worse, just ask MMA fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder
I haven't played UFC but all I hear is good things thanks to the efforts EA took post launch. But those MMA fans could ask football fans...
Not to go off-topic, but EA UFC didn't have some of the best post launch support of any sports game in recent memory. I just started playing it again after taking almost a year off and the gameplay is really night and day now compared to release. If we're talking modes wise, then the game left a lot to be desired. 2k really brings it with all of the modes they offer.

# 200 midwestking100 @ 07/16/15 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I wonder if you'll be able to use the Sonics jerseys. Id hope they know that basically everyone wants to do that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. And I hope they will bring back this uni:

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.