Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

TrueAchievements have posted the NBA 2K16 achievements and it has revealed quite a few interesting nuggets of information.

According to the list, NBA 2K16 will feature the Summer League in both MyGM and MyLEAGUE. It also confirmed MyLEAGUE Online, team relocation and 3 team trades.

There are quite a few other achievements for MyTEAM, MyLEAGUE, MyGM, MyPARK, MyCAREER, but nothing for CREW fans, so take it for what it's worth.

Other notable Achievements:
  • Win all 10 games of 'Greatest of All-Time' in Play Now Online.
  • Announce where your college ball will be played at.
  • Discover your first rune in MyTEAM.
  • Complete the 10th game of The Gauntlet in MyTEAM.
  • Unlock Historic Domination in MyTEAM.
Thanks for the heads up @RareBishop!

For those of you that have missed out on the recent news about the game, we've highlighted some of them below.For more news and media on the game, check out the NBA 2K16 page.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 201 jaychitown312 @ 07/16/15 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Seems a little early for an achievement leak. We haven't even seen a screenshot for the game yet. There are some nice tidbits of information here but nothing that gets me that excited.

Really hope we get some official news soon, especially on the gameplay front. I know 2k always takes there time with info but damn it's mid July and not even a screenshot or quick teaser? I just hope this is one of those years where they stay quiet and then drop a bombshell of information.
you have seen screenshots of 2k16, look at 2k15. Not going to change

# 202 Trackball @ 07/16/15 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestking100
This. And I hope they will bring back this uni:

Spoiler

Part of me wants Czar or some other hired OSer to respond to this with:

"Why do you think we wanted relocation in the game?"

# 203 Da_Czar @ 07/16/15 07:34 PM
It's really fun reading responses good and bad from a dev perspective this year. You won't hear us yapping a lot right now but when it's time to talk gameplay there will be plenty to discuss and we can not wait to share!

PS. please stop derailing threads it's painful when you only have a short amount of time to wade through 5 pages of nonsense LOL.

# 204 strawberryshortcake @ 07/16/15 07:57 PM
Quote:
Spoiler

Would have preferred an expansion mode/team ... even though I grew up watching the Super Sonics as well. Can't really picture the league without Oklahoma with Westbrook and Durant sporting a Thunders jersey. But the first thing that automatically came to mind when I read the word "relocation" is the supersonics.

# 205 kjean411 @ 07/16/15 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
But then all those modes mean nothing when in the ends it is all about the game being played on the court. And I have to say it has a lot of flaws....
there can't be any progress if there aren't any flaws. In nba 2k15 was the perfect game and everyone liked everything in it and never gave negative feedback about the game, I doubt 2k would have put that much effort into 2k16. Let's just hope for the best honestly. I know day 1 the servers aren't going to be perfect but 2k is probably the only gaming company that I fully trust

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

# 206 dwayne12345 @ 07/16/15 09:13 PM
Quote:

THIS.

Why 2k15 would choose that other Seattle jersey that the Sonics wore for 1 season in the 90's over this one which they wore for decades is beyond me.

# 207 King_B_Mack @ 07/16/15 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
THIS.

Why 2k15 would choose that other Seattle jersey that the Sonics wore for 1 season in the 90's over this one which they wore for decades is beyond me.
Huh? What jerseys did the Sonics ever wear for 1 season?

# 208 Hartenberg @ 07/16/15 11:54 PM
The main question for Online myleague, will you be able to put computerized teams in the league? I only have a few buds that play 2k with me, and we love OA's. But we haven't been able to play in 2 years now because they refuse put computerized teams in the game.

Hopefully they put fantasy drafts back in as well. :/

# 209 Bexthelegend @ 07/17/15 01:48 AM
I definitly used to just improvise to get the sonics into the league. I would edit the roster and trade all the Sacramento Kings players with the players on the 95-96 sonics. Then I would customize the league and replace the Kings with the 95-96 sonics. That way then sonics were in association with the Kings current roster

# 210 mrbigshot @ 07/17/15 11:01 AM
Team relocation is exactly what I wanted for YEARS now. Evidently, we'll finally be receiving this, largely anticipated feature for quite some time now. i'm immensely elated...and I can't lie, i've overlooked all the other modes because i've been thinking about create-a-team and relocation for such a long period of time.

Every year I patiently await if team relocation or a robust create-a-team will be integrated into nba 2k. I can completely comprehend why people are so excited about my career and my team..but my gm/my league are modes that I play heavily and it's just a relief to finally hear great news that this mode will feature various cities to move to.(to which extent, remains to be seen, crossing my fingers, however!)

So with that said, its hard to be a greedy nba 2k fan making a request, but my god, if they had an expansion mode, that would be icing on the cake for me. I just hope that the create-a-team system (if you can manually create that like you can with create-a-player) has completely transformed and robust selection of team logos and jersey styles, and especially being able to write the name of the team across the chest. AND in addition, maybe that could mean we could import logos from the internet and create authentic classic teams with authentic courts, if the classic teams that are already in the game aren't there.

Expansion mode would be incredible, however, I don't want to assume this mode is in the game. it doesn't appear to be, but man! wishful thinking here guys..wishful thinking.

Damn! this opens up a host of possibilities...praying to dear god that this create-a-team system allows a lot of options for us...hoping that you can even have a create-a-team option outside of mygm/myleague relocation options...

but I don't know why LA has two teams. LA will always be lakers nation, geographically. time to move the clippers out to Seattle or Vancouver! or maybe the grizzlies will just go back there.

please please...

# 211 Mauer4MVP @ 07/17/15 11:36 AM
I really don't know why all sports games don't have something similar to EA's team builder. I would love that in 2k.

# 212 countryboy @ 07/17/15 02:37 PM
I'm really excited to see what locations you can move a team to.

# 213 dwayne12345 @ 07/17/15 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Huh? What jerseys did the Sonics ever wear for 1 season?
The Sonics jersey used in 2k15 was worn only during their 1996 NBA finals run and maybe 1 or 2 seasons after that. From the 70's to the mid 90's than again from the 00's until they became the Thunder they wore the stripe across the chest.

# 214 psyberkayos @ 07/18/15 12:00 PM
I just want the ability to send down my rooks to the D-League and call up D-League prospects.

# 215 Number999 @ 07/18/15 12:29 PM
Even though I won't use MyLeague Online or even Team Relocation in all reality, thrilled by these moves to further add more stuff to the game. Plus, as long as Simcast is once again in MyLeague I'll be thrilled. Oh and Summer League >>>>>>>>>>

# 216 midwestking100 @ 07/18/15 03:04 PM
We gotta thank lakers24 for these ideas that he posted last year as well. I am definitely praying for create a team option as well or we can edit some of these current/classic courts ourselves.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ersion-me.html

# 217 jeremym480 @ 07/18/15 06:42 PM
Don't forget about 2k... You have to appreciate devs who create wishlist threads and really use them:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=769646

# 218 sticks323 @ 07/18/15 07:04 PM
So this "Vic" guy is a bad guy or something? A lot of achievements involve him

# 219 ItsMeFor3 @ 07/18/15 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks323
So this "Vic" guy is a bad guy or something? A lot of achievements involve him
Still not sure if he is in MyLeague/MyGM or if its a MyCareer thing. I'm thinking he's the new agent, though. Don't know why the owner would care about him so much if that is the case, however.

# 220 JazzMan @ 07/18/15 08:58 PM
It'd be cool if we could expand the league to 32 or 34 or 36 teams.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.