Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 jpdavis82 @ 07/18/15 09:05 PM
Some more new screenshots

# 82 roadman @ 07/18/15 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
C'mon man... they dont have to ADD editing, it is in the game already... just allow us to use it.

And if they dont have time to do an overhaul of equipment, why not at least make what they have in the game more functional ?

Why not make arm sleeves like wrist, separate for each individual arm ?

Or make shoe color selection for each player from the equipment screen.. so not every player has to wear the same basic color combo ?

Or tattoo's... they said an artist copied the 2 players that have tattoo's... and I am guessing got approval to put them in.

Why cant that artist make his own version of sleeve tattoo's and allow them on any player ?

When you start going on 4 versions of the game...with the same hokey fix to single arm sleeves on only one player and tattoo's on 2 players ...
someone should have figured out a way to do something in this department !
For tattoos, it's all on the players to get permission from their tattoo artist to be put in the game.

# 83 roadman @ 07/18/15 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask

The first thing we need to keep in mind is that only the few pieces at the top have changed, but many of the same people who've been working on this game forever are still working on this game today.

I'm not ready to say how impactful they are in the game until I play it for a good period of time, because this development team has a long track record of having great ideas that are poorly implemented. So, I say, great, they did something with it finally, but how well does it work? That's the big question.
I'll adress the two paragraphs above.

I agree with some of the first paragraph, but not all of it. There were plenty of people who came over from NCAA when that was extinguished. How many programmers, I don't really know without insider information.

Second paragraph, I agree, need to play it ourselves first and that's why I'm not as quick as you are in the resolve area, too premature for me, but I understand you don't agree.

We'll find out soon enough.

# 84 roadman @ 07/19/15 08:18 AM
Quote:
Right, but they didn't have a mass-firing of their installed group because of that. It was just another size increase.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Unless we're getting small details like a new playcall screen, temperature controls, chain measurements, cheerleaders, etc. (and we both know we're not getting those kinds of things), then it's not premature, it's simply a matter of reality, and until they actually do it it's not as if there aren't grounds to make the claim, especially after so much time has passed.
Who said anything about a mass firing? Maybe they replaced some people without giving the public knowledge.

So, shouldn't we wait for the game to come out to see if there are small details that are in your favor?

Maybe not everything is public. I remember the Sim Standard saying to EA, really, you are putting that in there without anyone knowing.

So, yeah, it might be a bit premature before the game comes out.

# 85 jpdavis82 @ 07/19/15 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Who said anything about a mass firing? Maybe they replaced some people without giving the public knowledge.

So, shouldn't we wait for the game to come out to see if there are small details that are in your favor?

Maybe not everything is public. I remember the Sim Standard saying to EA, really, you are putting that in there without anyone knowing.

So, yeah, it might be a bit premature before the game comes out.
What does a mass firing that may have not even happened have to do with these screenshots?

# 86 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 07/19/15 09:39 AM
Quote:
I don't know, I just see no logical point to having things cover up the screen while there is action running under it. There were already more functional solutions to this figured out in past football games (NFL 2K4, NFL 2K5, Madden 09); you could do more things. But if you like it that's fine. Personally, I want more.
I agree they should find a way for it not to cover the on field action between plays, I'm just saying I like how it's set up as far as play calling.

# 87 roadman @ 07/19/15 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
What does a mass firing that may have not even happened have to do with these screenshots?
Not sure, I didn't bring it up.

# 88 jpdavis82 @ 07/19/15 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not sure, I didn't bring it up.
Gotcha, does anyone have any thoughts on the 2 screenshots from yesterday with Landry and Gronk? The Gronk one again shows off how improved night lighting is this year.

# 89 SolidSquid @ 07/19/15 11:47 AM
Quote:
Gotcha, does anyone have any thoughts on the 2 screenshots from yesterday with Landry and Gronk? The Gronk one again shows off how improved night lighting is this year.
Meh, doesn't look good but doesn't look bad, it just looks like madden. There are other sports games that I play and a relative will walk by and say something like oh this is a game I thought you were watching tv, this isn't the case with madden.

To me it doesn't really matter bc gameplay is the most important aspect.

# 90 T5063 @ 07/19/15 02:05 PM
Quote:
They look ok. Doesn't blow me away or anything. Madden always look good in screenshots, its when it starts moving that problems show up.

# 91 iLLWiLL @ 07/19/15 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I have never understood the appeal and lure of screenshots...in any game. Seeing the game in motion is what matters to me. I don't see the level of detail when I am playing the game on the field anyway, so I am not concerned in screenshots if the colors look off a tinge or if the lighting looks a bit too dark, etc.

Animations and the game in motion is what draws my attention. Screenshots may be nice to look at but personally...I am all about the way it looks when in motion.

C
I agree with nearly everything you said, except colors & lighting is a big deal to me. Kills the immersion when I am playing the Steelers and they are wearing charcoal-colored jerseys as opposed to jet black (which they appear to have fixed), or teams with red jerseys like the 9ers or Chiefs looking like a dark-pink jersey ...

# 92 iLLWiLL @ 07/19/15 04:28 PM
Quote:

The lighting does look better than last years, which as you said before, were awful. It was as if only a quarter of the stadium lights were turned on.

That said, I still wish the nighttime/indoor/overcast lighting was still brighter. The stadium lights should be illuminating the players & field ...

# 93 MaddenLife @ 07/19/15 04:35 PM
I put every single madden 16 screenshots into a 4k video on youtube for anybody how wants to see them all its a nice short and sweet video.

# 94 jpdavis82 @ 07/19/15 10:03 PM
Quote:
I'm just saying that there have been some who've gotten the impression that the inclusion of some NCAA staff meant a ton of firings on the Madden staff, much like when leadership changes were made RE: Jeremy, Phil, Ian era, and people continue to run with the idea that this development is an entirely new team when that's not true at all.

I agree that we can't be 100% at this moment, but you have to admit that Tiburon has put the flame of optimism for these things completely out after years and years of not doing them.

No offense to the Sim Standard, but it's awfully hard to take what they do with the same gravity as I did before they were getting free trips to Tiburon. The way they're approaching things now is a perpetual state of "let's give it time" as if the entire 9 games and a console generation of Madden falling shy didn't happen, and we're not playing a port-over of that failure.
Unless you get to go down there it's hard to understand. When Rex himself has said some of the reasons why the game is behind and that even those reasons aren't a good enough excuse for it, I don't know what more can be said. These guys are taking ownership for where the game is and committed to getting it where we all want it. If you play 16 and still can't see where this game is headed I'll be glad to talk to you because I find that hard to believe after experiencing it first hand. Like one of the sim standard guys said, you'll see the benefits of a full dev cycle this year compared with 25 and 15.

# 95 Behindshadows @ 07/19/15 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenLife
I put every single madden 16 screenshots into a 4k video on youtube for anybody how wants to see them all its a nice short and sweet video.
Don't waste your time with 4K on YouTube anymore it doesn't allow it...

# 96 mestevo @ 07/19/15 11:00 PM
Quote:
You communicate with them regularly. Give this a try: ask them to define "full" (remember, dev cycles are not set-in-stone periods of time for all games). Then ask them why the number of "full dev cycles" they've had at other points over the past 11 seasons haven't brought the game to where they themselves acknowledge it needs to be?
That's quite the fishing expedition. Few on the project could even begin to answer that question from an operations perspective with the typical turnover in this industry, let alone the strategy, resources and prioritization behind each cycle. You'd have to ask nearly a C-level employee. In the end, what does it even matter, and in a thread about screenshots ?? lol.

# 97 PVarck31 @ 07/19/15 11:06 PM
Yeah, this needs to get back onto screenshots, and stay there.

# 98 redsox4evur @ 07/19/15 11:26 PM
It took me a couple of minutes to see that was Gronk because of the way his head was turned. At first I thought it was Scott Chandler. But these screenshots look great. Can't wait for this game to come out.

# 99 Gjordan @ 07/20/15 12:09 AM
Just saw this screenshot.

Attachment 102723

# 100 CM Hooe @ 07/20/15 12:15 AM

This is probably an incredibly picky thing for me to be pointing out, but it doesn't quite look like Gronk's eyes are tracking the ball. His head definitely is, but his eyes look like he's looking to the right of and beyond it.

That said, that we're at the point technologically that I can even be remotely concerned about a player's eye balls tracking something this is pretty exceptional, and this is not an angle that anyone is going to see any anything but the dedicated instant replay camera, so I'm not terribly concerned about this. Just something that bugged me looking at this picture.

In totality I think the game really looks good this year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.