Madden NFL 16 News Post

Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 redsox4evur @ 07/20/15 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe

This is probably an incredibly picky thing for me to be pointing out, but it doesn't quite look like Gronk's eyes are tracking the ball. His head definitely is, but his eyes look like he's looking to the right of and beyond it.

That said, that we're at the point technologically that I can even be remotely concerned about a player's eye balls tracking something this is pretty exceptional, and this is not an angle that anyone is going to see any anything but the dedicated instant replay camera, so I'm not terribly concerned about this. Just something that bugged me looking at this picture.

In totality I think the game really looks good this year.
You're right he isn't tracking the ball with his eyes. Didn't even notice that. They couldn't fix this in a patch could they?

# 102 CM Hooe @ 07/20/15 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
You're right he isn't tracking the ball with his eyes. Didn't even notice that. They couldn't fix this in a patch could they?
They could patch that in, sure, maybe, if they decide that's a priority thing to patch in.

Will they? Doubtful. Again, I'm being super picky. No one plays the game from a camera angle with this tight a shot on an individual player; really you have to go into the dedicated instant replay mode and stop the game to ever get a shot like this.

There are plenty of other more important things to worry about, IMO.

# 103 jpdavis82 @ 07/20/15 12:51 AM
Quote:
They could patch that in, sure, maybe, if they decide that's a priority thing to patch in.

Will they? Doubtful. Again, I'm being super picky. No one plays the game from a camera angle with this tight a shot on an individual player; really you have to go into the dedicated instant replay mode and stop the game to ever get a shot like this.

There are plenty of other more important things to worry about, IMO.
Depending on where he's at in the process of the catch, he could just be looking away after securing it already.

# 104 sunnyhmoon @ 07/20/15 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Depending on where he's at in the process of the catch, he could just be looking away after securing it already.

Looking at the first photo, though, it seems as that he is heading up with the ball. Not sure if anyone's played ball before, but if you're catching the ball on the run, your eyes are either on the ball or downfield.

Maybe I'm wrong and there's a defender right behind him, but if I'm EA, I'd wanna showcase the eye tracking shots well when I'm releasing screenshots.

# 105 iLLWiLL @ 07/20/15 02:39 AM
Quote:

This is probably an incredibly picky thing for me to be pointing out, but it doesn't quite look like Gronk's eyes are tracking the ball. His head definitely is, but his eyes look like he's looking to the right of and beyond it.

That said, that we're at the point technologically that I can even be remotely concerned about a player's eye balls tracking something this is pretty exceptional, and this is not an angle that anyone is going to see any anything but the dedicated instant replay camera, so I'm not terribly concerned about this. Just something that bugged me looking at this picture.

In totality I think the game really looks good this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur

Not really necessary. Don't get too caught up with eye-tracking following the ball each & every inch. In real life they still see the ball all the way into their hands -- the camera just catches the split-second that the receiver's eyes aren't completely on the ball:

# 106 iLLWiLL @ 07/20/15 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjordan
Just saw this screenshot.

Attachment 102723
That Dolphins/Calvin Johnson pic looks great -- amazing detail. Still, only complaint is that I still think the indoor lighting should make the players brighter ...

# 107 Sheba2011 @ 07/20/15 02:57 AM
In all of these Gronk's eyes are not on the ball, and judging by the pictures others posted I would say it appears even more lifelike than I originally thought when CM pointed that out. It bothered me at first too but then seeing these and others kinda surprised me.

# 108 DerkontheOS @ 07/20/15 08:49 AM
I still can't get over how good those uniforms look in that Calvin Johnson picture.

# 109 Hassan Darkside @ 07/20/15 10:03 AM
Could also be a "RAC" catch animation where Gronk is more focused on what's around him than securing the football at that point.

# 110 brandon27 @ 07/20/15 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjordan
Just saw this screenshot.

Attachment 102723

Finally! Some Miami action!

Colors, lighting, uniforms, everything just looks exceptional in that screen. Wow.

# 111 playajay98 @ 07/20/15 11:01 AM
To me, that Fins orange looks like UT Burnt Orange instead. Also, the Lions Honolulu Blue.... color on helmet is good, color of jersey is bad.

# 112 bloobloouk @ 07/20/15 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playajay98
To me, that Fins orange looks like UT Burnt Orange instead. Also, the Lions Honolulu Blue.... color on helmet is good, color of jersey is bad.
I think the Lion's jersey is dark in the shot because of the angle - it's definitely in the shadows. The helmet logo and jersey colours are different anyway - if they were the same it would be wrong!

It does have a bit of a green tinge though which shouldn't be there!

# 113 playajay98 @ 07/21/15 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloobloouk
I think the Lion's jersey is dark in the shot because of the angle - it's definitely in the shadows. The helmet logo and jersey colours are different anyway - if they were the same it would be wrong!

It does have a bit of a green tinge though which shouldn't be there!
Yeah that was more my point. It isn't the proper blue at all. The color on the helmet was closer to the actual blue that should be on the jersey. Maybe not exact.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.