Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 6 quarterbacks in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Aaron Rodgers (99 OVR)
  • Tom Brady (97 OVR)
  • Drew Brees (95 OVR)
  • Ben Roethlisberger (95 OVR)
  • Andrew Luck (94 OVR)
  • Tony Romo (93 OVR) - (via NFL)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Iamloch @ 07/22/15 05:13 PM
Nice to see tad lowered but with the short and medium accuracy so high i hope it doesnt mean the qb's will be so deadly accurate with short and medium passes

# 42 Find_the_Door @ 07/22/15 05:16 PM
Romo's absence is a joke - he's treated differently year to year than everyone else is.

As a longtime Pac 12 (10) fan there's no way Luck deserves a 95 throw power.

91 tops

# 43 talucchesi @ 07/22/15 05:33 PM
Romo better be sixth here. Perception is truly reality when it comes to sports.

Not quite sure how Big Ben is ahead of him, living off of his rings I see.

I can see Peyton being over Romo, I'd accept that.

# 44 talucchesi @ 07/22/15 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
OVRs are still inflated in my opinion. The lower DAC ratings are good though. I still think the THP ratings are too high compared to the data I have. In fact, the highest THP I have currently is a 93 for Cutler. Newton would be a close 2nd with 92 THP, Stafford and Mallett at 91, and then Rodgers, Kaepernick, Roethlisberger, etc. at 90.

Here are my top QBs as of today:

Rodgers 94
Luck 86
Brees 81
Flacco 77
Wilson 75

(Yup, no Manning OR Brady in the top 5)
Lists like this make me want to dislike football

# 45 Letemburn @ 07/22/15 06:08 PM
Romo had highest qb rating last year and was excellent. No way Big Ben deserves too 5 over Romo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 46 charter04 @ 07/22/15 06:27 PM
The list seems fine. Not much difference between 99-90 really.

It's good to see that 80 is the highest TAD.

Hopefully they make all throws less pinpoint and hopefully your feet must be set to use the full accuracy rating.

Also I hope the accuracy slider works like they should and I don't have to go to 10 or below before I really see a difference.

Hopefully all sliders work as they should for that matter. They haven't since M13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 47 slowdifference @ 07/22/15 06:27 PM
If i had to rate top 10 qb's
1: Rodgers 98
2: Brady 96
3: P Manning 95
4: Luck 93
5: Brees 93
6: Big Ben 92
7: Romo 91
8: Wilson 91
9: Rivers 90
10: Flacco/Ryan 89

# 48 The JareBear @ 07/22/15 06:36 PM
I have no issue with manning dropping of the top 5. I've watched every game he's played in a Broncos uniform. The guy is amazing but at this point there are just a lot of throws he can't physically make.

# 49 ChaseB @ 07/22/15 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelR2000
Guess who had the best QBR last season ?That would be Tony Romo .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Romo's absence is a joke - he's treated differently year to year than everyone else is.

As a longtime Pac 12 (10) fan there's no way Luck deserves a 95 throw power.

91 tops
Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
Romo better be sixth here. Perception is truly reality when it comes to sports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letemburn
Romo had highest qb rating last year and was excellent. No way Big Ben deserves too 5 over Romo.
Roethlisberger is playing better now than he did when he was winning those rings, for what it's worth. The offense has changed and he's throwing way more as well. Pittsburgh also had the best pass offense in the NFL last year by DVOA.

I'm a Romo fan, but let's not just push by the fact that Romo had the third best rushing offense by DVOA last year and arguably the best offensive line as well. He got a chance to put up more efficient numbers because the Cowboys finally ran the proper offense and got him protection. Romo's lack of clutch stats and "choking" and all that are mostly fiction, so again, I'm defending the guy overall, but let's be reasonable at the same time.

Andrew Luck meanwhile had a bad offensive line, takes more hits than seems possible, had a rushing offense ranked 27th by DVOA and still put together an impressive year for a guy still on his rookie contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Luck is a little overrated. Not sure if he's top 5 just yet. Still throws too many pics. On the other hand, Russell Wilson is severely underrated smh. Not saying he's top 5 but he's close. His awareness is arguably the best in the league.
I like Wilson a lot, but I hope you're not saying you would take Russ over Luck. Wilson is part of the best rushing attack in the NFL, Luck is the entire offense for the Colts.

# 50 Steve_OS @ 07/22/15 06:49 PM
Romo is #6 with an overall 93 rating. I'll update the OP in a few.

http://www.nfl.com/photos/0ap3000000503127

# 51 iLLWiLL @ 07/22/15 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Romo is #6 with an overall 93 rating. I'll update the OP in a few.

Graphics look amazing. Although the issue of the shoulder pads not being their own entity really rears its ugly head in this pic: that over-stretched stripe is an eye sore

Back on topic -- I wish they would just release the top 10 ...

# 52 talucchesi @ 07/22/15 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Roethlisberger is playing better now than he did when he was winning those rings, for what it's worth. The offense has changed and he's throwing way more as well. Pittsburgh also had the best pass offense in the NFL last year by DVOA.

I'm a Romo fan, but let's not just push by the fact that Romo had the third best rushing offense by DVOA last year and arguably the best offensive line as well. He got a chance to put up more efficient numbers because the Cowboys finally ran the proper offense and got him protection. Romo's lack of clutch stats and "choking" and all that are mostly fiction, so again, I'm defending the guy overall, but let's be reasonable at the same time.

Andrew Luck meanwhile had a bad offensive line, takes more hits than seems possible, had a rushing offense ranked 27th by DVOA and still put together an impressive year for a guy still on his rookie contract.

I like Wilson a lot, but I hope you're not saying you would take Russ over Luck. Wilson is part of the best rushing attack in the NFL, Luck is the entire offense for the Colts.
I like your points alot, but my only counter argument to this is find me a more consistent QB from year than year outside the 4 elite QB's than Romo. This and one of the Barber/Jones/Choice years are the two only years Romo wasn't asketd to throw 40+ times every game. This was the only year Romo had solid protection nearly every game

Even then, he makes the Oline look that much better with the amount of people he makes miss, same can be said the Big Ben though

# 53 DCEBB2001 @ 07/22/15 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshake8
So is what you posted how you would have them rated in Madden? When Madden comes out, will Brady be in the top 5?
I don't know. We will have to see how things shake out before then.

# 54 DCEBB2001 @ 07/22/15 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP 17
Good thing u have nothing to do with the Madden ratings process.
I guess so.

# 55 DCEBB2001 @ 07/22/15 07:21 PM
Quote:
Lists like this make me want to dislike football
Yup! Me too!

# 56 ChaseB @ 07/22/15 07:30 PM
Quote:
I like your points alot, but my only counter argument to this is find me a more consistent QB from year than year outside the 4 elite QB's than Romo. This and one of the Barber/Jones/Choice years are the two only years Romo wasn't asketd to throw 40+ times every game. This was the only year Romo had solid protection nearly every game

Even then, he makes the Oline look that much better with the amount of people he makes miss, same can be said the Big Ben though
Oh, I'll defend Romo to the bitter end. Like, I agree with you that the Cowboys have mostly fudged up the Romo years with classic shoddy Jerry Jones cap mutilation. But my point at the end of the day is if I'm starting a team today, and I'm not even worried about age or contract or anything, I'm taking Luck over Romo.

For what it's worth, I really only have like a top 3 and then there's a bunch of dudes I would take:

1. Rodgers (he's pure evil) -- and by himself in this tier.
----------
2. Luck
3. Brady
----------

Then I think you can make arguments for Romo, Roethlisberger, Peyton, Rivers and Brees for those last two spots.

# 57 CM Hooe @ 07/22/15 08:04 PM
Here's the thing with Tony Romo (way I see it, anyway):

Tony Romo is not the most physically talented quarterback in the world. There are plenty of guys who just on paper with their measureables are more impressive athletes; who run faster, have stronger arms, or have more innate ability to throw a football accurately at a target 50 yards away in shirts and shorts. Between this and the low level of competition he played against in FCS, it's not surprising Romo went undrafted compared to the guys with high draft grades in his draft year (2003) like Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, and Seneca Wallace; these guys all had better athletic skills and played against more highly-regarded competition. Heck, even Ken Dorsey got drafted, because he won a bunch of games at Miami despite having marginal physical ability.

What happened is that Tony Romo was allowed to sit, watch, and grow his quarterbacking skills - not necessarily his physical abilities, but his recognition of defensive coverages, anticipation and timing of receivers running routes in his team's offense, and his knowledge of his pass protection calls and knowing when to call them. He also turned out to be an extremely coachable player who fell into the right situation with a strong coaching staff, first led by Bill Parcells and Sean Payton, and later Jason Garrett and Scott Linehan (who while not regarded as offensive wizards to the regard of say Bill Walsh are still regarded as offensive-minded coaches). When Romo finally got an opportunity after all that growth, he blossomed. The rest is history.

Romo has absolutely made the most with what he has and he's a wonderful success story in the world of pro football. He's one of my all-time favorite players in sports, and he's an incredibly fun player to watch, what with his houdini act, his backyard-football style approach to plays that break down, and an unflappable demeanor and smirk I'm sure his opponents just want to smack off his face. But in isolation - take away Demarco Murray, Tyron Smith, Dez Bryant, Jason Witten, and the Dallas Cowboys - he's not as physically talented a quarterback and athlete as Matthew Stafford, Colin Kaepernick, or Joe Flacco, and I think anyone building a team from scratch today to win a Super Bowl tomorrow would strongly consider taking any of those three over Romo.

Nevertheless I imagine Romo will be ranked ahead of all those guys in Madden, because the Cowboys as a team had an extremely productive (by efficiency metrics moreso than yardage) passing offense last year.

# 58 4thQtrStre5S @ 07/22/15 08:11 PM
^^Supposedly Romo was a big Brett Favre fan, which could explain the gunslinger, hit sometimes, get picked off the next...

# 59 Find_the_Door @ 07/22/15 08:16 PM
But what are Tony's ratings!?!?!?

# 60 steeldee7 @ 07/22/15 09:19 PM
[quote=talucchesi;2047512563]Romo better be sixth here. Perception is truly reality when it comes to sports.

I think Big Ben is living off his record setting performance last year.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.