Home
Madden NFL 16 News Post

EA Sports has released more Madden NFL 16 ratings. Below are the top 5 wide receivers in Madden NFL 16, more ratings on these players can be seen here.
  • Antonio Brown (97 OVR)
  • Dez Bryant (96 OVR)
  • Calvin Johnson (95 OVR)
  • Odell Beckham Jr. (94 OVR)
  • Julio Jones (94 OVR)
Previously released Madden NFL 16 player ratings:

Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view Madden NFL 16 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 16Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 24 - View All
Madden NFL 16 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 kastajav @ 07/23/15 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Not that 40 times mean anything but...

Cooper: 4.31 HH
Brown: 4.48 HH

Big difference there.
Now take the 40 times of Beckham and Amari. How do they get 2 spd points higher for Amari?

# 22 The JareBear @ 07/23/15 02:33 PM
Are the rookies rated differently than the vets?

Comparing the top 10 rookie ratings to the top 5s, something seems off, especially speed. Awareness must be the only thing really seperating the overalls. I didn't realize Beasley also had 87 strength. Block shed and finesse moves pretty easy to improve, dudes gonna be a monster.

Cooper is as fast or faster than the top five guys in the game. Mariota faster than CJ and Dez. Beasley almost as fast as Dez

Just kind of weird to me

# 23 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kastajav
Now take the 40 times of Beckham and Amari. How do they get 2 spd points higher for Amari?
Beckham: 4.38 HH

# 24 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
Are the rookies rated differently than the vets?

Comparing the top 10 rookie ratings to the top 5s, something seems off, especially speed. Awareness must be the only thing really seperating the overalls. I didn't realize Beasley also had 87 strength. Block shed and finesse moves pretty easy to improve, dudes gonna be a monster.

Cooper is as fast or faster than the top five guys in the game. Mariota faster than CJ and Dez. Beasley almost as fast as Dez

Just kind of weird to me

Must be that way. Keep in mind that the top speed is what really matters for SPD in Madden, but with 95% correlation to 40 times, it's pretty obvious that is what they are referencing...inaccurately.

I doubt they even have the official PDFs from National.

# 25 Number999 @ 07/23/15 02:37 PM
Quote:
Not that 40 times mean anything but...

Cooper: 4.31 HH
Brown: 4.48 HH

Big difference there.
Where did you get that 40 time if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong thing but on NFL Network's combine and all that it says he ran a 4.42. It's still faster but man... just watching a game with the Steelers it always feels like Antonio Brown is blazing past guys.

# 26 jb12780 @ 07/23/15 02:38 PM
4 verts all day to ODB.

Just kidding.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

# 27 munky1307 @ 07/23/15 02:40 PM
No AJ Green = BS**t.

Beckham being top 5 is a joke. I'd at least feel better if it was DT or Jordy over AJ.

# 28 kastajav @ 07/23/15 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
Where did you get that 40 time if you don't mind me asking? Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong thing but on NFL Network's combine and all that it says he ran a 4.42. It's still faster but man... just watching a game with the Steelers it always feels like Antonio Brown is blazing past guys.
Im seeing 4.42 for Cooper too

# 29 scottyp180 @ 07/23/15 02:40 PM
I'm not football guru but these ratings look a bit off to me. I'm expecting some big changes in ratings (not just for receivers) after the first few weeks of the season. Looks like I might have to hold off on a franchise mode until ratings get adjusted.

# 30 The JareBear @ 07/23/15 02:43 PM
I'd like to think that D Thomas, Green, and Nelson are right up there tied at 94 or 93/92

# 31 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 02:48 PM
Quote:
I get all of my 40 times from the official PDFs that National Scouting (the guys who run the combine) releases to the teams about a week after the combine is over.

I go with the fastest time (electronic or hand timed) for my ratings because often times the P3DX breaks and doesn't get the Electronic time correct for these kids. It also allows me to directly compare the times to the HH times run on pro days.

# 32 dbkaeoz33 @ 07/23/15 02:49 PM
Holy sweet baby Jesus himself!! These receiver ratings are mind boggling!!

I understand OBJ is the cover boy but wow... The passing game in Madden 16 is going to be insane.

And how the F is Demaryius Thomas not a top 5 WR in madden? Three straight seasons of 80+ catches 1400+ yards and 10+ TDs.. I understand madden is a "what did you do last season" type of rating system, so.. 111 catches 1619 yards and 11 TDs are worthless I guess.

Wow... I'm extremely baffled to the super saiyan max!!

End of rant.

# 33 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 02:50 PM
Quote:
You do realize that NFL Network's "official times" that they post are taken by one of their scouts (or even Charley Casserly) in the stands right? The official times aren't even released by National until a week after the combine.

# 34 The JareBear @ 07/23/15 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkaeoz33
Holy sweet baby Jesus has himself!! These receiver ratings are mind boggling!!

I understand OBJ is the cover boy but wow... The passing game in Madden 16 is going to be insane.

And how the F is Demaryius Thomas not a top 5 WR in madden? Three straight seasons of 80+ catches 1400+ yards and 10+ TDs.. I understand madden is a "what did you do last season" type of rating system, so.. 111 catches 1619 yards and 11 TDs are worthless I guess.

Wow... I'm extremely baffled to the super saiyan max!!

End of rant.
People were mad about Romo, and I agree with a lot of them, but this is worse. DT is a legit monster. Biggest robbery so far IMO

# 35 dbkaeoz33 @ 07/23/15 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The JareBear
People were mad about Romo, and I agree with a lot of them, but this is worse. DT is a legit monster. Biggest robbery so far IMO

Dude.. If Von Miller and Chris Harris aren't in the top of their respective position then I'll jump off the building at Tiburon.

# 36 Number999 @ 07/23/15 03:02 PM
Quote:
You do realize that NFL Network's "official times" that they post are taken by one of their scouts (or even Charley Casserly) in the stands right? The official times aren't even released by National until a week after the combine.
I did not. I hope you didn't take it as me saying you don't do your research or whatever... I've seen enough of your posts to know that you're really well educated and versed in all this stuff. Quite simply, regardless of 40 times... would you not agree there should be a "penalty" put on rookies to not make it so they play better than guys who've been proving and dominating the NFL for years? Just my 2 cents though.

# 37 CaliDude916 @ 07/23/15 03:11 PM
I knew they were gonna pull this BS and put OBJ in the top 5. Replace him with DT and this list is accurate.

# 38 SolidSquid @ 07/23/15 03:15 PM
If ODB is a 94 mike Evans should be atleast 88-90

These ratings are so arbitrary, it's a popularity contest. Looks like I'll just be playing mostly play now games with the FBG roster

# 39 JohnnyCash2015 @ 07/23/15 03:22 PM
I agree with the top 5 but not the order. Brown is pretty much the only guy is ranked correctly.

Also anyone saying OBJ isn't top 5 worthy in madden is being ridiculous. Regardless of whether you think he's a top 5 receiver in the real world, his per game averages and his catch rate blow away any argument for any other player being in there in place of him.

AB and OBJ both have demonic catch rates in real life, they are the class of the position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 40 DCEBB2001 @ 07/23/15 03:25 PM
Quote:
I did not. I hope you didn't take it as me saying you don't do your research or whatever... I've seen enough of your posts to know that you're really well educated and versed in all this stuff. Quite simply, regardless of 40 times... would you not agree there should be a "penalty" put on rookies to not make it so they play better than guys who've been proving and dominating the NFL for years? Just my 2 cents though.

If you look at the data, it isn't the raw physical skills that hold the rookies back. It's the technique.

Brief analysis:

Since people often equate things like speed, agility, acceleration, strength, and jumping ability as the physical skills (I do as well), you can see that this year's class of QB are not any more athletic than say one from 2005:

Here are the averages in these categories (2015, 2005) for QBs:
40: 4.87, 4.86
20: 2.78, 2.79
10: 1.69, 1.68
Shuttle: 4.46, 4.28
Cone: 7.27, 7.15
Broad: 111, 111
Vertical: 30.8, 32.0

As you can see, the QB class of 2005 was about as fast as the one this past season. In fact, the QB class of 2005 was a little more agile than this year's class. All in all, they are pretty comparable, however.

Now let's look at the scouting data grades (I won't include all of them, but here are a few). NFL QBs or street free agents are first, followed by the 2015 QB class:

Arm Strength: 2.6, 2.4
Running ability: 1.1, 1.0
Middle Accuracy: 1.4, 0.8
Reads: 1.9, 1.2
Release: 1.4, 1.1
Short Accuracy: 1.6, 1.1
Character: 3.0, 1.5
Ball Security: 1.1, 1.0
Deep Accuracy: 0.76, 0.57

The 2015 class, compared to NFL players AND FREE AGENTS is less developed in every skill listed. That means that they have yet to develop their arms, their accuracy (on all levels), their ability to read defenses, their releases, and even their ball security.

Look at the gap in character though. An NFL QB has a measured character/gamesmanship grade TWICE that of an NFL rookie. That is enormous.

If EA did things right, they would have near equal physical skills, but large gaps in technical skills between rookies and current players (and free agents, even).

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.