Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

2K has just announced 2K Pro-Am for NBA 2K16, which is a new mode for MyPLAYERS. Check out the new trailer here.

2K Pro-Am will feature instant matchmaking, with no waiting and games will start immediately. That means, no "Got Next" spots in 2K Pro-Am.

Quote:
Grab your friends, design your own logos, jerseys and arenas for full branding of your team. After your identity has been stamped, rise up the leaderboards with your team to compete against the best in the world in 5 on 5 matches on full-sized courts with NBA rules in a venue that supports 40 players playing simultaneously.

2K Pro-Am will feature daily, monthly and overall leaderboards with league leaders, power rankings and more. You can completely customize your team and create your own uniforms with the ability to change colors, number size, stripe configurations, collar types, mesh patterns, resizing text and logos (which can be imported) and so much more.

You can also completely customize your arena from the ground up by selecting from various jumbotrons, scorer's tables, baskets and sound effects. If you don't like a particular floor pattern, change it up (Herringbone, Honeycomb and more), along with colors of any line you can think of (out of bounds, key, center circle, half court, perimeter, etc.). Users can create customized text on the floors and sidelines, along with the ability to upload custom images.

NBA 2K16 2K Pro-Am Features:
  • Play with your MyPLAYER - Walk on or form a team with friends
  • NBA style basketball including timeouts and fouls
  • No waiting. Instant matchmaking against similarly ranked opponents
  • Fully customizable team designer, upload images or choose from customizable logos
Read the details, watch the trailer and let us know what you think!

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 TalentedJB @ 07/31/15 05:58 AM
As long as it's on HOF SIM and not a cheese-fest, I'm all in!

I play private Team-up all day, and 5 on 5 with regular NBA players can sometimes be a cheese-fest...I can only imagine when the 90+ players start rolling in.

Either way, great job 2k! You've made the fans happy with this one.

# 162 KidHypeTellem @ 07/31/15 06:39 AM
Although I don't really play online, this trailer has me excited for a few reasons.
To start, what was shown proves what we saw on that Microsoft SmartGlass leak was probably for real, as the things it mentioned about ProAm were all shown in this trailer.

The app went into full detail on all of these customization features under the MyTeam section, which adds to the hope that this will be available beyond ProAm!

On a side note, happy for you crew players that you get your mode back!

# 163 Cabish @ 07/31/15 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UH53
As a football fan this saddens me.... I feel absolutely robbed that we don't get anywhere close to the innovation that 2k puts out. I know it's wishful thinking but it would make mine and a whole lot of people's day if 2k got back in the game. Big ups NBA fans you can continue to enjoy the best sports title in gaming once again!
He I feel the same way,but 2k doesn't put as much effort into other sports I guess maybe it's the money generated,look how long they had mlb2k to improve on like nba..and now more than ever we need mlb2k and they refuse to make a game now.

# 164 Lord Bonium @ 07/31/15 08:09 AM
This looks absolutely wonderful but honestly i want to see more information about mycareer. Specifically about the attribute caps and whether they are dependant on height and possibly weight. For example a 7' sf shouldn't be as quick/fast as his 6'7 peer. And if he is, because i'm sure all the cheesers will point out giannis, there should be a major trade off like severe (max 65) attribute caps on shooting and strength for example.

2k16 has so much potential but if there's still gonna be a bunch of 7' gods running around this mode will be doomed from the start.

# 165 MontanaMan @ 07/31/15 08:10 AM
Glad to see they finally added Mitchell and Ness in. Took long enough.

# 166 Deflo_ @ 07/31/15 08:14 AM
Damn this is beyond impressive to me. Might be too early, but this may end up the best sports game of all time.

# 167 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 07/31/15 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
If we can use this customization mode for jerseys, logos, and courts for regular modes too...it's a wrap, this game will be GOAT.
Yeah, I was waiting to see how long it would take for someone to say that hopefully this is what the customization will be like for relocating a team. God this looks incredible.

I gotta get a team together.

# 168 blues rocker @ 07/31/15 08:45 AM
very cool - i love this level of customization. it really gives you "ownership" of your team, like it's your creation...much better than having to use pre-existing teams, logos, and players.

my question is - can we still compete online on our own without teaming up with other people to fill up the roster? can I just create a whole team of created players and compete online with that roster and skip the whole "teaming up" part?

# 169 blues rocker @ 07/31/15 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnakenpopanz
the most important thing beside all the great effort 2k is putting in:
will the input/online lag be gone? this influences nearly everything for me. a really great looking game mode like this can only be spoiled by lagging servers and not responsive controls. so all the good effort may be kind of frustrating when you know that it could be the best game you will ever play next year, when such an important thing nowadays holds back all the fun.
2k is doing a lot of effort. Online Leagues. Then this. There is not much to criticize once they do it properly.
there will always be some lag in any online game. sure, 2k might be able to improve the lag, but you can't play a game over the internet with ZERO lag. there are too many factors (the quality of your internet connection, the quality of your opponent's connection, etc.) even if both people have fast internet connections, there will still be some lag. this is why online gaming will always bother me until a faster internet technology becomes standard (maybe fiber-optic or whatever).

# 170 Junior Moe @ 07/31/15 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
very cool - i love this level of customization. it really gives you "ownership" of your team, like it's your creation...much better than having to use pre-existing teams, logos, and players.

my question is - can we still compete online on our own without teaming up with other people to fill up the roster? can I just create a whole team of created players and compete online with that roster and skip the whole "teaming up" part?
Yeah. I remember some wicked uniform creations on APF back in the day. And that creation suite wasn't as robust as this one appears. I can not wait to see what combos the community come up with.

# 171 Hassan Darkside @ 07/31/15 09:29 AM
Idk if this stuff has been mentioned but I'm watching the trailer again and some observations:

Looks like the myPlayer is wearing Buffalo Braves (LA Clippers) throwback shorts

New, less ridiculous MyPlayer/CAP hair

# 172 SwankSinatra @ 07/31/15 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
this is pretty cool . So the Rec is still there ? What's the purpose of the four courts ?
I think the four courts could maybe be for people who are "walk-ons" and playing with random. Seems like that would make the most sense.

# 173 cthurt @ 07/31/15 09:45 AM
I wonder if this new court creator system made 2k pay more attention to details for the actual NBA courts in the game, because it would be a shame if we can create more authentic looking NBA courts with this system then they have in the game,

For example the hardwood for the Celtics and the Nets are never dark enough in past 2k games but with this court creator system it seems we will have more then enough options to make it look like the authentic courts.

# 174 El_Poopador @ 07/31/15 09:47 AM
Quote:
No waiting. Instant matchmaking against similarly ranked opponents
This is the biggest selling point for me. I absolutely hated the "Got Next" style. It took so long to find a single game going in solo that I largely avoided playing online.

# 175 ChrisBurnette68 @ 07/31/15 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
elaborate my friend...
The front numbers are definitely in. Pause the video at 00:59 and you'll see they just turned them off

# 176 ChrisBurnette68 @ 07/31/15 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBurnette68
The front numbers are definitely in. Pause the video at 00:59 and you'll see they just turned them off
My bad, 2_headedmonster I quoted the wrong guy. Lol meant to be a response to the jersey numbers question.

# 177 Luke Skywalker @ 07/31/15 09:57 AM
NBA Live is about to roll over and die. We might see a delay release or possible cancellation again. This is GREAT NEWS. I haven't been this excited since I first got my Sega Genesis for Christmas.

# 178 WTF @ 07/31/15 10:02 AM
I'm wanting to think that the court creator will be available in MyGM and MyLeague. Take a % of revenue to revamp the arena and court. Or at least I hope that's the case.

# 179 Cleve07103 @ 07/31/15 10:02 AM
This is great news. the possibilites are endless. Now I can bring back my New Jersey Nets finally.

# 180 TDYRX @ 07/31/15 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
NBA Live is about to roll over and die. We might see a delay release or possible cancellation again. This is GREAT NEWS. I haven't been this excited since I first got my Sega Genesis for Christmas.
This has nothing to do with Live. No need to discredit one game in favor of another.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.