Home
NBA 2K16 News Post

Steph Curry has just posted a quick NBA 2K16 video clip of himself in NBA 2K16, complete with mouth guard. Steph mentions on his Instagram that a Beyond the Shadows video is coming Monday.

Game: NBA 2K16Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 45 - View All
NBA 2K16 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Tybudd @ 08/07/15 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Hopefully not scanned from this pick though, because.... damn.....

# 142 juicey79 @ 08/07/15 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LD2k
It does.
LD2K please confirm that legends got some love on their appearance especially MJ? Please tell me BJ Armstrong looks like BJ....please

# 143 snocone @ 08/07/15 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
LD2K please confirm that legends got some love on their appearance especially MJ? Please tell me BJ Armstrong looks like BJ....please
When someone invents the time machine, I'm sure they'll go back and face scan them

# 144 Sinner @ 08/07/15 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhead80
I responded to one of WISports posts but that was my first and last one. When we start criticizing spaces in teeth...I'm done. Moving past the nonsense, I'd like to show my appreciation to the programmers and artists at 2K for actually taking the time to incorporate feedback from this board and others into new visual additions to the game. The OS board the last few years has discussed various subjects such as wingspans, better rim and net sounds, better fitting jerseys, moving hair, improved shoe models, improved body types, mouth guards...there's so much we discuss here that 2K takes and tries to implement in the game I can't help but be appreciative. When I know how many YEARS The Show and Madden fans have been begging for upgrades like improved player models/body types along with various other things it drives that feeling home even more. Thank you 2K for reading and listening.
Reading over the last couple pages thinking it's to the point where people are actually discussing a chipped tooth? Think that alone says a lot about how far 2k and this series has come.

I don't notice a lot of those tiny little details being wrong or it just doesn't bug me like it does others. I think along the lines of I used to play the hell out of this game when the graphics couldn't even compare to what they are now and was enjoying ever minute of it. Now things are so much better in every single way and I'm damn happy.

This is just me personally of course and I guess you need those that catch the little things to make it better so not saying anything is wrong with that...it's just interesting to see.

This quick clip really looks nice and love the detail there. Can't wait to see 5 v 5

# 145 hawley088 @ 08/07/15 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybudd
Is it just me, but it isn't close, look at the coloring, and his lips don't match at all, his color and mouth looks closer to his teammate Klay then his own.
I'm with you, looks nothing like him I don't get how people are so positive about this lol just look at the game vs real pics

# 146 TheRealMrRager_ @ 08/07/15 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
The lighting on his mouth guard isn't right. We should see a reflection from the saliva. And I can't quite make out the molecules that form his nose hairs. His face is a little too fat and he has at least 15% more arm pit hair in that clip than he does in real life.

Perhaps if we discuss this for another 40 pages they'll rescan his teeth and nose hair?
Wow. I can't believe what I just read.. Just stop complaining for once and be happy. It looks amazing!

# 147 swac07 @ 08/07/15 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMrRager_
Wow. I can't believe what I just read.. Just stop complaining for once and be happy. It looks amazing!
He was being sarcastic lol

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk

# 148 NorthPhillyFis @ 08/07/15 08:43 PM
If my player does that I'm definitely choosing this free throw lol

# 149 Smirkin Dirk @ 08/07/15 09:19 PM
I just told my GF that people are complaining that Curry's ankle brace might be slightly off colour, and they havent probably scanned the gap in his teeth, she shook her head and said "Why don't they just watch games if they want everything perfect".

Good point.

# 150 Mauer4MVP @ 08/07/15 09:27 PM
I can't believe the people in this thread. Do you enjoy ANYTHING in life? It's just sad.

I think this Louis CK clip is appropriate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEY58fiSK8E

# 151 Sundown @ 08/07/15 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snocone
When someone invents the time machine, I'm sure they'll go back and face scan them

It doesn't take a face scan to improve what's there currently. 2K11 did Jordan better, and they had like 3 versions of him too.

# 152 Dmanning2 @ 08/07/15 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
I just told my GF that people are complaining that Curry's ankle brace might be slightly off colour, and they havent probably scanned the gap in his teeth, she shook her head and said "Why don't they just watch games if they want everything perfect".

Good point.
It's crazy bro. Complaining about teeth in a basketball game?!?
Last year someone posted a barber shop haircut pic, thought I seen it all.

Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
I'm blocking the word lighting from my vocabulary for a good 10 years
Man I'm a gameplay guy. Could care less if the game is slightly darker? People really be mid-game wishing the game was lighter? Man I'm worried about If I can actually defend the paint with a center.

# 153 swac07 @ 08/07/15 10:54 PM
I do have one question, but I'll just wait till Monday

# 154 23 @ 08/07/15 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2

Nope.

Man I'm a gameplay guy. Could care less if the game is slightly darker? People really be mid-game wishing the game was lighter? Man I'm worried about If I can actually defend the paint with a center.
I understand

But this thread isnt a gameplay thread

I alwaya found it odd when guys come in screenshot threads and stuff saying they dont care about screen shots

Just as you would if someone came in a Czar playbooks thread saying they dont care about 1 3 1 they just wanna see more pics.

# 155 Dmanning2 @ 08/07/15 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I understand

But this thread isnt a gameplay thread

I alwaya found it odd when guys come in screenshot threads and stuff saying they dont care about screen shots

Just as you would if someone came in a Czar playbooks thread saying they dont care about 1 3 1 they just wanna see more pics.
This isn't a gameplay thread? No, this is a 2k thread.

Never did I indicate I didn't care for these screenshots or visuals.

I was one of the first posters in this thread I showed my love for these screens. But keep twisting people's words for your argument.

# 156 strawberryshortcake @ 08/08/15 12:07 AM
Quote:

Nope.

I'll give equal weight to both gameplay and graphics on these new generation consoles. No longer should there be compromises made to one or the other.

However, I am actually glad there are accessories heads, sneaker heads, lighting heads, color scheme heads, audio heads, presentation heads, or whatever heads there are that voice their concerns that has nothing to do with gameplay whatsoever. At least there is someone passionate enough to voice his/her concern to bring more authenticity to artsy side of things. If these people don't voice their concerns, 2k may simply brush it off as insignificant.

We're not "there" yet, but NBA2k graphically probably wouldn't be this far along if not for those voicing their concerns. Even if someone thinks teeth accuracy, length of shoelaces, amount of compression the soles of shoes make is trivial, if someone voices their concerns, at least if 2k decides to make adjustments, it'll simply bring a stronger overall package to the game.

My major gripe with 2k basketball and most sports games in general is still real footplanting for each and every single action performed on the field/court for BOTH the offensive and defensive player.

# 157 lakers24 @ 08/08/15 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I'll give equal weight to both gameplay and graphics on these new generation consoles. No longer should there be compromises made to one or the other.

However, I am actually glad there are accessories heads, sneaker heads, lighting heads, color scheme heads, audio heads, presentation heads, or whatever heads there are that voice their concerns that has nothing to do with gameplay whatsoever. At least there is someone passionate enough to voice his/her concern to bring more authenticity to artsy side of things. If these people don't voice their concerns, 2k may simply brush it off as insignificant.

We're not "there" yet, but NBA2k graphically probably wouldn't be this far along if not for those voicing their concerns. Even if someone thinks teeth accuracy, length of shoelaces, amount of compression the soles of shoes make is trivial, if someone voices their concerns, at least if 2k decides to make adjustments, it'll simply bring a stronger overall package to the game.

My major gripe with 2k basketball and most sports games in general is still real footplanting for each and every single action performed on the field/court for BOTH the offensive and defensive player.
Regarding the bold, I was watching the demo of Crackdown 3 and its physics. I gotta say, if that works how it's supposed to and Sony adopts the cloud gaming thing as well, we could legit see realtime physics in sports games. I can only imagine all 10 guys on the floor having their actual weight etc. determine how they move around the floor. Physical contact would finally be realistic, no more clipping, etc.

# 158 snocone @ 08/08/15 12:35 AM
As if input lag was bad enough online, now I'm gonna need to worry about their connections to process all my data offline

Pass

# 159 23 @ 08/08/15 12:36 AM
Quote:
This isn't a gameplay thread? No, this is a 2k thread.

Never did I indicate I didn't care for these screenshots or visuals.

I was one of the first posters in this thread I showed my love for these screens. But keep twisting people's words for your argument.
No its not so, as crazy as the teeth comment was its on topic is my point, in which he was wrong because there was a side by side that showed the teeth were indeed scanned.

2k went to that much detail!?

I wasnt saying you didnt mention the visuals but its apparent the clip wasnt about gameplay at all so im not even sure why you mentioned it

# 160 GudStuffzz @ 08/08/15 12:57 AM
dooope. only thing that kinda bothered me was his pink skin.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.